Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC Reviews

75 Reviews for Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 1
Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC 2

Brian · Married on 09/23/2017

Blackwell Sound & Entertainment was, in a word, OUTSTANDING! Highly professional. Great flexibility and adaptability. Most of all execution with an artistic flair.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity 80th Anniversary was a great event at a great location. Sheraton Station Square. Thank you so much, Mr. Hannon.
  • User6208769 · 1+ year ago

Originally booked this vendor, very nice and attentive. I chose to use a DJ that was familiar with our venue for convenience. Eric was understanding--although I was not refunded my deposit as to be expected per policy, respectfully the waiver for cancellation fee was granted. I am certain DJ Eric is competent at his services as exemplified in reviews. Good luck to future weddings. All the best.

Sent on 02/04/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This particular client notified our company of cancellation due to the fact they found a better and more convenient option. They did not cancel for any other reason than that. They gave advanced notice but then expected a refund of their deposit. Once I reviewed our policy with the client and client was notified that under the contract deposits are nonrefundable, I then received several emails and then this review. In addition there is a cancellation fee that I waived. Wedding Wire provides an excellent personalized client portal that allows for 24/7 access which comes directly to my phone. It is unfortunate that as vendors we are open to the possibility of customers feeling unsatisfied but in my opinion this is not one of those situations. We cannot return deposits simply because you change your mind.

Erika · Married on 09/01/2017

Eric was wonderful to work with. It was complete chaos while I was getting ready everyone was late, things were not working out at all. He was so calm and kept telling me everything would be okay. He took some great pictures, had some great ideas. He mingled very well with my family. He was responsive
    to all my messages, phone calls, meetings and all my request. I will absolutely work with him again and refer him to whoever I can!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Jessica · Married on 07/15/2017

Eric is very nice & super patient with me when I didn't understand something. He did everything I wanted him to do & more. I was so surprised when he got on the dance floor & started dancing with us. I've never seen anything like that before, I'm glad he got to enjoy himself as well. I will for sure be using Blackwell if I ever need a DJ again!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Hey Jessica, you and Cody along with your family were very nice to work with. Everyone had a great time! I appreciate the kind words and was glad to be a part of your special day.

SAMANTHA · Married on 06/30/2017

Eric was so laid back and was just the type of DJ that I wanted for our wedding. He was very affordable and was such a sweet guy. We met him two days before the wedding and he explained exactly how the day would go, how attentive he would be to our needs throughout the night and he definitely delivered. Throughout the night, he checked in with us a few times to make sure we were happy or wanted anything changed and was very adaptive to the crowd. He brought his son Junior who was such a great guy too and was very welcome. If you are looking for a vendor that is reliable, relaxed, and doesn't require extra work to get a great outcome, I would definitely recommend Eric to you.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I met this couple once before the wedding and we sat and laughed for about 40 minutes. The joked with each other while we went through the details. The entire family enjoyed themselves. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun. Thanks guys and congratulations!

Mimi · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ Eric was amazing. I mean it when I say, once the floor was open, it was never empty. We had older guests and younger guests, and that is hard to accommodate! I always hoped my wedding would be a PARTY, and it was thanks to DJ Eric! He is also so nice! I felt so relaxed knowing the party was in good hands while my husband and I went around greeting guests and couldn't attend to the party. I have been to a few weddings where the DJ is obnoxious and steals the show, but DJ Eric was professional and fun! My parents also have been raving about him, and their taste is SO different from mine! We wouldn't have gone with any other DJ, and we didn't even meet him prior to our reception!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This couple along with their family and friends made sure they enjoyed themselves. Mimi was organized from the beginning to the end. Working with the wonderful staff at the Sewickley Heights Golf Club made things even easier. Great parents, great food, great weather and I was fortunate to be asked to celebrate with everyone. I wish you both the very best!

Debra · Married on 05/15/2017

Blackwellsoundz on location pictures were done professionally he was great to work with I would highly recommend him in the future.

Sent on 06/25/2017
  • Silas & Tamara

Silas & Tamara · Married on 04/08/2017

Eric did a wonderful job with our wedding! Eric was very flexible with our schedules. His photography services were phenomenal beginning with our engagement photo shoot and ending with our wedding photos. He also provided videography, which turned out great. The quality of his photos and video was excellent. The pricing/packages that he provides is very reasonable. My husband and I thank Eric for his professionalism and recommend his services to anyone who is looking for great quality at a great price.

Tamara

Sent on 05/26/2017

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This couple was very easy to work with. Organized and knew what they wanted through the entire process. It was simply a joy. Thank you both.

Tom · Married on 08/13/2016

I con not say enough how professional he was. He read the crowd perfectly. The dance floor was packed from 6:00 to 11:00. No one wanted him to stop. I would highly recommend him for any event.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you but I must say, the bride and groom, friends, and family were some great people that liked to dance. They made my job easy. It was a pleasure working with this family!
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 07/30/2016

Eric was the perfect DJ for my daughter's wedding. Several of our guests commented on how good he was. He was very adaptable to anything the couple suggested and was never thrown when they wanted to depart from the norm. He kept the energy going without being over the top or annoying himself (unfortunately a problem we have encountered with other wedding DJs!) He was a total professional and exercised great judgment about which songs on the couple's playlist to pay at what time, and made any announcements we asked for. He welcomed our use of a jazz saxophonist for the first dance and had no trouble finding a somewhat uncommon jazz standard for the father daughter dance, and did a great job with the hora. All this for a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

WOW! To the family and friends and Wynn and Adam along with Parents Mr. and Mrs. Meyer and Mr. and Mrs. Rosenthal, CONGRATULATIONS! It was very easy for me to do my job. You and your daughter were very detailed in what you wanted. You were very polite and asked if my son and I were taken care of. A group of very nice people who enjoy being together. I had a great time and I am proud to have been a part of this families wonderful day. Great food, great atmosphere, and great people. Thank you so much!

Samone · Married on 07/24/2016

Do you want high quality service? Do you want perfect mood music, lighting and hype dance music that your guests will not be able to help gettin' funky to? Blackwell is the DJ for you!!!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

This young couple got married in the rain (under a tent) but in the rain. The smiled, they danced, they did not let rain bother them at all. This is why I do what I do. Seeing families coming together, having a good time. Thank you Samone! In addition, The Grand Estate at Hidden Acres is simply beautiful.

Dj Chris was amazing! He kept the party going, got everyone moving on the dance floor and asked the opinions/approval of myself and my husband. He made our wedding reception amazing and all my guests commented on how good he was! Thanks, Chris!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Chris is a great asset to Blackwell Soundz. I am not surprised. He will not stop short of his to be the best.

Nicole · Married on 07/15/2016

Randy was very professional and fun. Everyone had a great time. I will definitely refer him to all my friends.

Sent on 02/05/2018

Jesse & Rachel · Married on 04/09/2016

Eric was very accommodating--he was willing to use our specific music, but is also willing to make choices in the moment based on your crowd. We met with him multiple times upon our request and he was very flexible in scheduling the face to face time. We had a great time with Blackwell Soundz!

Sent on 04/22/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I sincerely appreciate your comments but I must say it was easy to work with wonderful people. Thank you.

Hazel · Married on 02/27/2016

Eric and his son were an absolute blessing to us. He offered everything we were looking for at a price we could afford. His professionalism and quality of work exceeded our expectations. He was very patient and attentive to our needs and went above and beyond to make sure our day was captured in a way that we would be pleased. I highly recommend him if you are looking for an extraordinary way to capture your special event.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

At the end of the day, what matters most, are satisfied customers like you. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your very special day.

Briana · Married on 02/20/2016

Blackwell Soundz took beautiful photos of my event. He was prompt and professional. He delivered the pictures in 2 days and the quality was amazing! I would definitely hire him again and recommend him to others.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you Briana. The event by Touch of Soul was a wonderful tasting event that brought different business owners together for a fun filled evening. Great Job!

M. Ann · Married on 12/05/2015

I would highly recommend Blackwell Soundz and Entertainment. We have contracted with them twice in 10 months for DJ and sound system setups. Blackwell Soundz was extremely professional and timely; they arrived well before sound check. When the venue's sound system failed, Blackwell Soundz already had backup ready to go! And, they went above and beyond their contracted work. One member of the team assisted us with unloading and loading our car! Our event was held in Hopewell Township (an area that I am not very familiar with). The BSE team was kind enough to led us back toward the Pittsburgh airport area. I'll only contract with Blackwell Soundz for future DJ and sound needs.

Many thanks,
    M. Ann Starkey

Sent on 01/28/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

It was certainly my pleasure to be at this wonderful event. Of course I love the Fez in Hopewell, the room was elegant, the musicians were great, and the event went well. Glad I was able to serve in that capacity. Thank you Ann!

Bonnie · Married on 10/17/2015

Thank you so much DJ Chris for DJ'ing my daughter's wedding. Had nothing but great comments. Everyone loved/enjoyed the music during dinner and afterwards. You were a life-saver! Thank you again!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Ronald · Married on 10/09/2015

Will call on again and recommend his services to anyone.

Sent on 02/23/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Hey Ronald, thank you so much for the positive reviews.

JOYCE · Married on 09/12/2015

Easy and helpful to work with preparing for my service and the reception ran smoothly.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Joyce for the kind words.

Tammy · Married on 08/29/2015

Blackwell Soundz was absolutely amazing and we highly recommend him!! His music was right on key during our ceremony and the reception amazing!! He kept the party going! Played all of our requested playlist!!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I appreciate your remarks, great to get feedback from satisfied customers.

Cristy · Married on 07/16/2015

Dj Eric was amazing..we were running behind and he adjusted to the new timeline flawlessly..he was interactive..attentive to the guests..all our requests were completed..All my family and friends complimented on his services.

Sent on 07/21/2015

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

We focus on customer satisfaction. Hopefully I was able to convey what I find valuable...customer service. Thank you Cristy!

aisha · Married on 06/13/2015

Awesome company, very patient. I would reccomend anyone to Blackwell Soundz and Entertainment

Sent on 12/28/2017

We are so glad that we chose to go with Blackwell Soundz! DJ Eric Blackwell was absolutely amazing! His company was very professional from the start, and always available via email, text, or phone when we had any questions. Our reception was outside in a winery's garden, so we were a little worried about whether this would affect DJ Eric's ability to spin for us. It did not. We danced all night, non stop, and received a ton of compliments on how much fun people had. After the wedding, we said that if we ever need a DJ for anything else, we're calling DJ Eric.

Sent on 06/05/2015

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

I'll never forget the Michael Jackson impersonation..very well done! Thank you so much ladies!

Brittany · Married on 05/15/2015

Eric was awesome! He played all the music we asked him to and more. He was very professional and went above and beyond what we asked him to do! I would recommend him for anyone!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Blackwell Soundz & Entertainment LLC's reply:

It was my pleasure! Great events happen because of great people.