Blackstone Caterers Reviews

131 | Middletown, RI

131 Reviews for Blackstone Caterers

Elizabeth · Married on 07/25/2010

Blackstone Caterers is an amazing company. The food was unforgettable, the service was professional and accommidating, they let you create your own menu,and the price was right. Mary Beth was so helpful in answering all our questions and working with our budget.

Sent on 05/05/2011

Jennifer · Married on 07/23/2010

We only tasted food from one caterer which was Blackstone and we were blown away. I can still remember everything about the meal. Everything was absolutely incredible.

I highly recommend Blackstone especially for any green brides and grooms. All of their food is local which is great for the economy and environment. I also like the menu is seasonal to higlight the freshest ingredients.

Unfortunately we had to cancel our big wedding and elope but there was never any other choice for us. I know our guests would have raved!!!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Laurie · Married on 06/18/2010

Great food, great service! Very impressed by how wonderful our food was on our wedding day.

Sent on 07/07/2010

Kate · Married on 05/30/2010

Excellent! Nothing bad to say about the caterer. Every detail was attended to and they presented excellent food and service at our wedding. People were extremely nice to deal with. Also a great value for your money!

Sent on 05/26/2011

Heather · Married on 05/14/2010

SUPER attentive, EXCELLENT food, impressive overall. What I loved best was that the bride and groom recieved one on one service - we could not have been happier. We felt EXTREMELY well taken care of!

Sent on 05/30/2010

Hollie · Married on 03/19/2010

We were amazed at the quality of service from the serving staff at our wedding...they tracked us down all over the grounds where we were taking photos to make sure our wedding party didn't miss any appetizers! They were so friendly and advised us at every turn through the evening with details like when and where to cut our cake (adjusting to our guests every changing needs!) Our guests were raving about every dish...everything was simply delicious!

Sent on 04/06/2010

Tara · Married on 12/05/2009

I can't say enough about Blackstone Caterers. My Newport RI wedding was amazing and I got so many compliments about the food. Blackstone was so helpful and so willing to do what it was that I wanted. On the wedding day they were so gracious and I recommend them, hands down!

Sent on 03/10/2010

Erin · Married on 09/12/2009

Blackstone catered our wedding at Rosecliff and our brunch the following day. They did an absolutely amazing job. While Marybeth was our main point person (and absolutely an all star) every person we worked with was at the top of their game and professional. They were willing to work within our budget and their food is unbelievable. I highly recommend Blackstone to any Bride and Groom.

Sent on 04/12/2010
  • aspencer

A. · Married on 07/03/2009

Danielle was our coordinator and was amazing. The service was flawless and the food was amazing. She was willing to work with us to make all our requests a reality within our budget. WOW. I didn't realize a caterer for an event with that many details could be executed flawlessly!

Sent on 07/05/2009

Elissa · Married on 06/06/2009

We had a wonderful experience with Blackstone. Our event manager, Danielle was fantastic. She listened to all of our ideas and incorporated them into the menu. She also responded to all of our questions (and there were many) quickly and thoroughly. She made the process very enjoyable. On top of that the food was absolutely beautiful and delicious. The waitstaff was so attentive and made everyone feel cared for. We recommend them without reservations.

Sent on 07/06/2009

JoAnna · Married on 06/21/2015

Blackstone did an amazing job! I worked with Karen and she was an absolute pleasure to work with from beginning to end! Our tastings were delicious and so much fun! The presentations were beautiful and the food was delicious. We used them for our rehearsal dinner as well and everyone loved the food! We did family style which was a lot of fun and than traditional style for the wedding. Karen made sure everything was perfect for my special day and I am so glad I was able to work with her. I did not have to worry about a thing knowing she was there. I would recommend using Blackstone for your special event.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Paige · Married on 07/05/2014

We loved working with Karen at Blackstone! She was excellent and worked with us for almost a year to plan our perfect wedding. During the tasting, Blackstone was eager to accommodate our requests and incorporate some special recipes and regional fare into the menu. On the day of the wedding, Blackstone's staff was on top of everything. They made sure that the bride and groom, along with our parents were never at want for anything!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Blackstone caterer is a very professional caterer which offer very good service and decilious food. Althoug te price is a little bit high, It's certainly worth it!

Sent on 03/28/2014

I knew that Blackstone Catering was a top catering company and I had a budget. They were able to work with my budget and still provide an amazing meal. Karen was super helpful in culling down their huge list of hors d’oeuvres and mains to what would appeal to my foodie friends and my great aunts. The tasting was one of my favorite parts of the wedding planning. People are still raving about the food and they loved that I had a dessert bar. Plus, all the servers were super nice and helpful.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Danielle · Married on 09/01/2013

Karen and her team at Blackstone were amazing! Without having an outside wedding planner, they were fantastic at helping me get all the home made-personal touches I had brought to the reception set up. The food was great - from the tasting to the actual day of! They were also so flexible in helping us work with our budget and make changes right up until the end... we swapped one of our passed apps for a cheese table, which worked out great. They even picked up our cake for us that we ordered from another vendor so we didn't have to pay for Sunday delivery. The staff the day of, from the bartenders, to the waitstaff, to the event coordinators, were all smiling, helpful and ran a great, on time event!

Sent on 09/18/2013
  • User2522010 · 2+ years ago

Blackstone was a PLEASURE to work with. The food was EXCELLENT and we were complemented on the FOOD and signature drinks more than once. We served scallops and chicken, the scallops were WONDERFUL, and perfectly prepared and all of the aps were delicious. Our signature drink was a GRAPEFRUIT BASIL MARTINI as suggested by our catering contact Karen (she's wonderful and VERY easy to work with) and it was AMAZING! I can't thank Blackstone enough for the wonderful job they did :D

Sent on 07/05/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 02/07/2008

Everyone loved the food! It was beautifully presented and tasted delicious. They are highly recommended!!!

Sent on 02/12/2009

Liliana · Married on 06/30/2013

My husband and I had the best experience with Blackstone. We were really impressed with the care that Danielle took in preparing a wonderful menu for the wedding and ensuring that everything went as planned on the day. We didn't worry about anything the day of our wedding. The staff the day of the wedding was great, the food was wonderful. We could not be happier with the service we received from Blackstone. I would happily recommend their services to anyone!

Sent on 07/24/2013

Katie · Married on 04/27/2013

Blackstone was amazing. I booked them over a year in advance and from day one Karen was so attentive and fantastic. We had a tasting right away and it was so good, we didn't even try out anyone else before signing. We picked out the perfect menu with the help of Karen. Everyone raved about the food at the wedding, saying it was the best wedding food they've ever had. The event manager made sure everything was set up perfectly and took care of all the little details so I didn't have to worry about anything. They even arranged for a heater for our tent when the weather looked like it might be a little chilly. Great catering service!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Kathryn · Married on 07/03/2016

I was so happy to secure Blackstone for our date because they have a great reputation. We were planning our wedding long-distance, so Danielle's coordination was extremely appreciated! She even scheduled a tasting for us on the one day we were in town before the wedding even though they were closed and Skyped us during the tent site visit since we weren't in town! Everything went off without a hitch, rentals were coordinated and dropped off and looked great. We had a raw bar and the food was absolutely delicious! All the staff were really discreet and professional, we hardly noticed they were there!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/07/2012

We are very happy we went with Blackstone! They worked with us on budget, menu, etc. and, most importantly, our guests LOVED the food! The contracts and items were simple and straightforward, although still detailed and comprehensive (just what you need!) The food and staff really made the party. Everyone is still raving about how good the food was. The presentation was absolutely lovely. I took a couple partial stars off because we had a couple little problems that left us feeling a little uneasy after the wedding (a couple things weren't as we had hoped, but I didn't make a fuss out of it because at that point I was on cloud 9 and didn't let anything bother me!) but all in all, we are very happy with Blackstone, especially when compared with the competition. They did a wonderful job and I would highly recommend! Also, packages include an event coordinator which is a definite bonus! :)

Sent on 03/10/2013

Julie Smith · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Catering vendor no brainer!

I knew Shannon at Blackstone Caterers was the one for us right off the bat! She was kind, smart, and has been in the business for a long time so knows her stuff! Blackstone's entire staff the day of the wedding was really incredible and professional and the food was great and tasty. At our venue, in particular, there were limitations on kitchen space but you would have never known. Our menu tasting experience with Shannon at their offices was so useful and fun. Shannon worked with me on our preferred reception timeline, rental orders, room set up and was at the venue that evening to make sure everything was up to par. I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Blackstone Caterers's reply:

Thank you so much for the glowing review, Julie! We love accommodating all of our clients, whether there is a kitchen on-site or not: we create one! Congratulations, again!

Karin · Married on 08/28/2009

3.5

Food was excellent and service was good. The buffet took a bit of time to be restocked. At times, the sales person was delayed in responding.

Sent on 09/09/2009

Tiffany · Married on 07/26/2008

4.2
      3.5

Blackstone was an excellent choice for us. They have many food options and the sales coordinator we worked with (Danielle) was excellent. They are very responsive and make sure everything is tailored to your needs. The only thing is, it's one of the most expensive caterers in the area so if you're looking to be thrifty, you may want to look elsewhere.

Sent on 08/20/2008

Laura · Married on 10/29/2011

Danielle at Blackstone was so great to work with. They were great from start to finish. They had plenty of staff and the food was excellent.

Sent on 11/14/2011