Black Tie Video Reviews

81 | Randallstown, MD

81 Reviews for Black Tie Video

A phenominal company to work with. Jim and Barbara are extremely talented and pay close attention to detail. They created the most beautiful wedding video for us that we will cherish forever. We are blessed to have been referred to Black Tie Video.

Sent on 03/19/2013

After extensive research, my mom decided on Black Tie video for my wedding. I hadn't really decided that this was something I wanted but it was really important to her. I am SO glad she had the foresight to hire them. Your wedding day is far more of a blur than you would ever expect. There is so much on your mind and so much that you miss. My videos (you get two different lengths) have been priceless to me and worth every bit that we payed. Not only was Black Tie professional and easy to work with, but I think Jim Skipper is truly an artist. You aren't just getting documentation of your wedding, your getting really personalized and quality work. My sister got married two months after me and her videographer (in Boston) was incredibly disappointing. The quality wasn't anywhere close to Black Tie even though the price was similar. We have had friends request Black Tie after seeing our video and we are always eager to recommend him to anyone we know. Having Black Tie as our videographer was truly a highlight of our wedding!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Richetta · Married on 07/13/2012

Finding and then working with Jim was truly a blessing! I finally chose to add videography to my wedding budget after much urging from my mother, two weeks before my wedding and I'm glad I took her advice. Jim was extremely responsive and his willingness to work with my budget in addition to my last minute request, just proved how professional he was and how invested he was in doing a great job. He was always easy to get a hold of when I had a question. He and his wife were wonderful on my wedding day. They were not intrusive at all and they captured moments that both my husband and I missed. I was very happy with the final product and I would definitely recommend Black Tie Video to any bride or event planner.

Sent on 03/02/2013

ANNIE · Married on 06/02/2012

Jim & Barbara at Black Tie Video could not have produced amore perfect video. I finally after a year of "too busy" just sat and watched the entire 2 dvd's. Technically, the videos' are beautiful quality of close ups and more distant images and the sound quality also excellent. They included absolutely all the right footage of all the right moments and then some. They did video at our rehearsal dinner, in our small church, and our outside reception venue which was at Ladew Topiary Gardens, They filmed just enough really good garden background shots with people in them and some without. I honestly do not remember seeing them during the wedding, so much so that they slipped out at the end without my profusely thanking them. I especially liked their "black tie" attire which allowed them to move about hardly noticed. When I finished watching the video recently, I literally felt like I had just been there dancing and chatting with friends and family. BTW, I heartily recommend having them at rehearsal dinner! FYI, Barbara and her helper did our wedding day and I am sure whatever Jim & his helper did that day was just as excellent. THANK YOU Barbara and helper, and JIM for all the prep time, before with us, and after as well !!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Jeffrey · Married on 11/12/2011

Jim did the photo montage for our wedding and we showed it at the rehearsal dinner. It was absolutely amazing! We could not have asked for anything more, everyone loved it. We now have a photo montage that will last forever and will always remind us of our special day. Thanks Jim!!!

Sent on 12/23/2011

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2011

Barbara from Black Tie Video was our videographer and she did an amazing job. She was very unobtrusive, but captured the entire day beautifully. She and her husband Jim were fantastic to work with- very responsive to any questions, friendly, and took a genuine interest in making the video special for us to reflect our day. I could not be happier to have worked with them and would not hesitate recommending them. I felt we received personal attention and an amazing video that captured our special day and so many special moments. Thanks Barbara and Jim.

Sent on 08/24/2011

Russ · Married on 10/10/2010

As my wife and I reflect on our very special day, the memories of the day and leading up to the day are a blur. Through our families suggestion, we added a video to our day. Was the best decision we could have made for our wonderful day. Jim, in a word was terrific. Professional, unobtrusive, all the guests loved him, and dealing with Jim through the whole process was seamless and frankly a joy.

Then the day came and went, and then the honeymoon and back to our lives. Then the video came. Jim, you captured our day and it was amazing and I cannot believe how perfectly you captured the essence of our day. IF u are reading this, and are looking for a fantastic videographer who will create a dream video and will make the process easy and someone who will capture the day, yet not even be visible, then Jim Skipper is your Videographer. Rachel and I cannot thank you enough. We will certainly refer you to anyone who wants video for any occasion. The Video blew us away and you were truly great to work with.

Russ n Rach 10/10/10

Thanks for creating memories that will last a lifetime : )

Sent on 05/29/2011

Susan · Married on 10/03/2010

SHOULD YOU HIRE A VIDEOGRAPHER - YES YES YES!! SHOULD YOU HIRE JIM AND TEAM - YES AGAIN!!

I was one of those brides who didn't think that a videographer was something that I had to have for our wedding, although according to my new husband I seemed to be including EVERYTHING else!! Well we just saw our completed wedding video and I couldn't be happier with the fact that I reconsidered and contacted Jim at Black Tie Video. Having the whole event captured so beautifully is an amazing gift for you and your family. Our day was perfect and everything I could have asked for and being able to re-live all the little details is so exciting!! Our still photographer was amazing as well - but having the video to hear and see the event is truly magical. I can't say enough about Jim and his team and the perfect wedding gift that arrived just in time for our 6 month anniversary!!! Don't be turned off by the time it takes to get your video - the wait is totally worth it!!

Sent on 04/22/2011

Barbara · Married on 10/02/2010

Jim and Barbara were not only wonderful to work with, but did an excellent job capturing every special moment of the night. And the finished product is perfect...a treasure!!!

Sent on 06/01/2011

Roni · Married on 09/05/2010

I would highly recommend Black Tie Video. We have already watched our daughter's wedding video at least 10 times and shown it to all our friends. The quality is so amazing! Some how they knew just who should be featured and when. I feel I can relive the day over and over because of their fine work. Roni Silverstein

Sent on 02/07/2011

Kalyn · Married on 07/31/2010

We found Jim at the last minute because I thought I didn't want a videographer. Well I am so glad I changed my mind! Jim was very easy to work with, and as we were in a time crunch and I was planning from a different state, we didn't even meet beforehand. But he gave me exactly what I asked for. I wanted him to blend in, and he did so well that I even forgot he was there. The professionalism in the editing work is amazing. There are so many little details he did that make it so worth it. My husband's exact words after watching the video were "I laughed, I cried, it was so good!" Thank you Jim for making our memories last forever!

Sent on 12/16/2010

Mandy · Married on 06/26/2010

I would highly recommend this vendor for videography. He responded to emails, and questions right away. He was great to work with, and captured every part of our wedding. The highlights and DVD we received are unbelievable, and something I am so happy I will have to one day show my own kids. My sister used the same vendor for her wedding, and we are both so happy we chose Black Tie Video for our videographer. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 01/02/2011

Julia · Married on 11/28/2009

My husband and I were very impressed with Black Tie Video. From the start everything was very easy. The day of the wedding was perfect and we could not have been more thrilled to get our video in such a timely manner. It looked wonderful and they captured so many different parts of the day (parts that we didn't even realize were being filmed which made it seem more real). I would choose Black Tie Video again in an instant.

Sent on 02/24/2010

Juliette · Married on 11/01/2009

We decided to hire a videographer at the last minute and we are so glad that we did! Jim at Black Tie video was a joy to work with the day of the wedding. He seamlessly coordinated with the other vendors - the photographer, the DJ, and the venue staff - and was gracious to everyone. He and his 2nd camera person were totally unobtrusive - I rarely noticed their presence throughout the day. But when we got the final video they had captured EVERY important moment - its such an amazing final product. Jim worked with us on choosing perfect music for the beginning and end of the video, and he and his partner captured wonderful footage of the ceremony and party. We have a beautiful and permanent record of that day that we will value for the rest of our lives. I recommend Black Tie video without any reservations.

Sent on 04/14/2010

Danielle · Married on 10/24/2009

My husband, parents and I could not have been more happy to have chosen Black Tie Video. We never even realized that he was taping us, and the video could not have been any better. We were able to relive the whole wedding by watching the DVD, and the montage recap at the end of the video was amazing! Thanks to Jim!!

Sent on 05/26/2010

Georgia · Married on 08/22/2009

We contacted Black Tie Video at the last minute and Mr. Skipper said he would be there! I loved our video! Mr. Skipper is so easy to talk to we even asked him to stay longer at the reception and he was more than flexible with us. Love love love. Pick Black Tie Video!!!!

Sent on 02/09/2011

Tracey · Married on 08/22/2008

Jim Skipper and Black Tie Video are absolutely top knotch!! I fortunately was able to get them on extremely short notice, we put together a plan and in about 2 weeks later everything went off without a hitch. They were fun, friendly and used the scenery (we were married on a yacht) to enhance the beauty of the video. They were always aware of the surroundings and never missed a chance for a good video shot. They even grabbed the photographer several times to make sure we didn't miss out on that perfect photo opportunity. I would highly suggest using Black Tie Video - they were one part of my wedding that was self sufficient - I never even new they were around!!

Sent on 01/27/2009

staci · Married on 12/02/2001

Skip was very professional and easy to work with. We still enjoy watching our video.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Seth · Married on 11/02/2014

Black Tie Video came highly recommended by a family friend, and we are so glad we picked them. Jim Skipper was so pleasant throughout the whole process, and his experience and professionalism was evident throughout as well. They provide great bang for the buck; the quality of the work surpasses the cost. Jim and his wife captured all the important moments of our wedding and we are so pleased with our video. Jim and his wife were so good that my wife and I barely even realized they were at the wedding!

I would highly recommend Jim to anyone looking for very good quality at a very reasonable price.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Kristen · Married on 05/10/2014

Let me first start by saying that if you are on the fence about getting a videographer for your wedding, you should ABSOLUTELY do it!!! I love looking at pictures, but reliving your wedding day on film is an unmatched experience. The day is a blur and you want to relive your vows and all of those special moments that you may or may not have noticed or remembered.

Having said that, I highly recommend using Jim! He was so easy to work with and very responsive from start to finish. At the actual wedding, he blending right in - you didn't even know he was there. I've attended some weddings where the videographer is in your face and so obtrusive. Not Jim! He stayed around the perimeter of the ceremony and dance floor and still captured everything! He even honored my request to have our parents and my grandmom do quick "congratulations messages". The only things I wish could have been done is have audio of cocktail hour as people were saying "congrats" as the camera panned them and that the video had been longer (I would have loved to see the full day but companies in general don't seem to do that).The editing process was quick and I was so excited to have HD copies of the wedding - HD makes everything better! This was a great experience and Jim did a great job capturing and summarizing our day!

Sent on 08/15/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/05/2009

I didnt think I would want a videographer at our wedding, but my husband insisted, and I'm so thankful he did now! What a wonderful gift Jim and Barb have given us! To have our family, including our grandparents, at such a memorable occassion and on videotape is just amazing and something we can always look back on. They stayed until the very last minute of reception and captured everything I could ever imagine! I almost forgot that they were there, as they were not in anyone's way at all, but they still managed to get every detail. Thank you!

Sent on 03/26/2010

Colleen · Married on 06/06/2009

Jim Skipper/Black Tie Video was AMAZING! Jim was great to work with before, during and after our wedding. Responded to all our requests, including putting together our photo montage for our rehearsal dinner with short notice. Our wedding DVD turned out amazing! He spent a lot of time making it perfect! On our wedding day, no one ever even noticed he was there! He stays out of the way of your guests and does an amazing job. I would hire him again in a second!

Sent on 01/15/2010

Becky · Married on 03/28/2015

Our wedding day was captured by Black Tie Video at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club. They were wonderful! Before our wedding we spoke on the phone and went over details. Our video captured our entire wedding day which was great since there were certain parts we did not get to see like the cocktail hour since we were taking pictures. I recommend having 2 videographers. This allows for more to be taped. Our video was well put together with different background music. It was truly beautiful and we love being able to watch it over and over again! I highly recommend Black Tie Video!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/03/2012

We used Black Tie Video to cover our June 2012 wedding and I’m so glad that we did! Jim Skipper came highly recommended by two different people and was such a pleasure to work with. He produced a beautiful wedding video that we (and our family) will cherish for the rest of our lives. Jim was easy to work with and has such a great upbeat personality and attitude. Not to mention his customer service, he wants ALL of his clients to be happy and satisfied. This is the one wedding vendor that I did not have to worry about. He knew the time, date and location and took care of everything from a videography stand point. I know Jim was there the entire time filming, but I don’t remember seeing him. Photographs can only capture so much, having your wedding day captured on film allows you to relive that special day with all of the sounds, facial expressions and seeing everyone in motion. Black Tie Video are professionals and I promise you, you will not be disappointed with their work and service!

Sent on 12/25/2012

I wasn't sure if I wanted a videographer or not but decided to book one based on friend's recommendations. I am so glad that I did. Black Tie Video did a wonderful job of capturing the emotion and vibe of our wedding without being intrusive. Most of the time, we hardly noticed they were there! Jim and his wife are very friendly and professional and captured our wedding so well. I highly recommend them to anyone even considering a videographer - you won't be sorry when you receive all of the fun dance floor footage and ceremony moments that you either didn't see or forgot about months after your big day!

Sent on 10/24/2012