Black Tie Video Reviews

81 | Randallstown, MD

81 Reviews for Black Tie Video

Black Tie Video did an awesome job. From the very beginning, when I was booking all our vendors, Jim was very easy to get in contact with and answered all my questions I had in the beginning. Before the big day, he answered my emails at all times of the day with all the last minute worries a bride has and made sure everything was set for the day of the wedding. We had a lot going on at our wedding during the reception including dancing, a mechanical bull, moon bounce, horseshoes, corn hole and lots of other activities in a big field. Barbara and her assist did an awesome job of capturing all the different activities and all the most important parts of our big day. They were all around and didn't miss anything from the getting ready all they way to the end of the night on the dance floor. And Jim did an amazing job putting together our video. The montage video is perfect, I have watched it over and over again. And we love our long film as well. It as all the important parts of the wedding and it is a great way to go back and revisit our big day over and over again. We have enjoyed sharing the video with family and friends. Black Tie Video did an awesome job and are very reasonably priced. And we now have the memory for a lifetime of our wedding day!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Wedding photos are a staple, but after having Black Tie video capture my wedding I'm convinced that a video is just as important. The video caught the feeling of the moment, the music in the moment, the cheers of joy! Jim captured moments of my wedding that I had no idea even happened because being a busy bride the day goes by in the blink of an eye. Literally. I couldn't be happier with our decision to hire Black Tie. They are so professional and courteous. They definitely know what they're doing. Jim was very discreet while recording - he didn't push or pull me. He just recorded the real moments as they happened. It was so candid which is exactly what we wanted. The final product is so beautiful and very well done. If you're even considering a videographer look no further - you have found the perfect one! Seriously - just go for it; don't waste time and lose memories wishing you had booked.

Sent on 09/20/2016

kristie · Married on 04/30/2016

Jim and team were wonderful. I cannot say enough great things. From the price, to the service, and detailed worked. They had never worked with the other vendors we hired and fit in seamlessly. I would highlight recommend Black Tie Video!

Sent on 09/07/2016

When planning my wedding we actually didn't plan to have a videographer until the very last minute and luckily Jim was available for our day. I am so happy that we did because during that time you miss so much that is going on and Jim and his wife were there to capture every moment. I am extremely happy with the work him and his wife did and I am so glad we have this video to look back on years and years from now. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to hire a videographer!

Sent on 05/11/2016

Susan · Married on 09/26/2015

Black Tie Video's behind-the-scenes, invisible approach allowed them to capture all of the key moments in a very natural way. If this is how you'd like to capture and remember your wedding day then I'd highly recommend Jim and his team. He was so incredibly easy to work with and the video quality is amazing!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Katie · Married on 09/19/2015

Black Tie Video was a joy to work with! A videographer was not on our original budget so we were not sure if we were going to have one. After seeing the video of our entire ceremony, our reception, and our highlights video not having Black Tie Video film our special day would have been a huge regret! Barbara and Jim are so easy to work with, are very professional, are very talented, but most important they are extremely kind and personable! We could not find a better price for the quality of work they did anywhere. So happy to have worked with them and highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Greg · Married on 08/29/2015

Our Blur-Rays and DVDs just arrived a few days ago and I must say: Black Tie Video did an absolutely fantastic job with covering our wedding. In addition to capturing the ceremony and reception incredibly well (with multiple cameras used for the actual wedding), Jim was also very responsive to some of our additional requests in the editing process, and wound up including nearly all of the dancing portion of the night, which was super important to us. My wife and I were really pleased with the end result, and we'd definitely recommend Black Tie Video to anyone in the area.

Sent on 04/22/2016

Rob · Married on 08/22/2015

Easy to work with, reasonably priced, outstanding quality, very professional... could not give a higher recommendation to to Black Tie Video

Sent on 05/11/2017

Susanna · Married on 07/02/2015

Jim and Barb were fantastic. They arrived early at our event to ensure that all their cameras and angles were set up properly. They were easy to work with and did such a fantastic job on our final video. We asked Jim to do a fragmented narrative style video, in which he would overlay speeches and other vocals with different scenes from our wedding. The end result was beautiful and we will always treasure having those "live" memories from our wedding. He and Barb delivered excellent value for our money and were very accommodating with our requests. We would highly recommend working with them for your wedding video!

Sent on 06/13/2016

I am so grateful to Black Tie Video for being there to video my wedding day. The final product was beautiful and the video montage they produced brought tears to my eyes. I've watched it over and over. Jim and his wife were extremely helpful is explaining to me what to expect and working with my needs. They were always prompt in returning my calls and emails. This was worth what I paid and more!! You will have no regrets in hiring Black Tie Video for your wedding

Sent on 12/13/2015

We used Black Tie Video for my daughter's Big Fat Greek Wedding last April and they were fabulous. The highlight video that they created was so beautiful it brought tears to my friend's eyes. They thought it was so good that they were forwarding it to their families to view and I didn't even know these family members. They are really, really, good videographers!

Sent on 12/15/2015

Alexis · Married on 04/04/2015

Black Tie Video was the perfect choice for my husband and I! We didn't want to spend too much money on our wedding video and Black Tie Video was right in our price range. Although, we didn't pay a high dollar amount, the video quality we received was just what we wanted. Jim Skipper and his team are wonderful to work with. We did not have to meet up before the wedding day. Over email I told Jim my preferences and they nail it. They showed up on the wedding day right on time and were a dream to work with. They were a vendor that I did not have to say a word to the entire time so I often forgot they were there. I actually didn't even get a chance to chat with Jim until later into the reception, but that did not matter. Somehow they showed up and caught every moment without out me even realizing they were there. Jim Skipper is very easy to work with. He makes sure that you love your video and will do anything to make that happen. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a good quality video, a reasonable price, and a genuine vendor to work with.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Allison · Married on 10/18/2014

Couldn't be happier with having Black Tie Video capture our special day! Jim and Barb are great to work with and so personable. The video turned out wonderful and we were so excited to relive the day! So many moments that flew by on the actual day you get to really take in and enjoy watching it.
    The highlight montage was absolutely incredible! Jim did a great job putting it together with all the most important moments. Such a great extra piece to the package that allows you to easily share with friends and family.
    Highly recommend Black Tie Video!

Sent on 12/11/2015

What a wonderful videographer! Black Tie Video captured my wedding, and my Love Story and they did an amazing job. All my family and friends loved my Love Story Video. Skip and his wife exceeded all my expectations and stayed at my wedding from the very beginning to the very end. My video montage Skip sent me was truly amazing, and I watched it over and over again, showing all my family and friends. It is the most beautiful, most captivating thing I have ever seen. They are a very nice couple, and do great work. I am sure any bride would be pleased to hire this company, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Shannon · Married on 07/05/2014

When my husband and I first got engaged, Black Tie Video was one of our first meetings that we set up. We loved the sample videos that Jim showed us. We booked them right away, almost 10 months before our wedding.

Two or three months out, when every bride and groom start worrying about money and how to cut costs, we thought maybe we shouldn't have gone with a photographer and videographer.

WE ARE SO HAPPY WE DID. The video is absolutely stunning and I can't imagine not having it now. The pictures are wonderful but having your entire day on video is something I will cherish forever.

Thanks so much Black Tie Video!

Bryan and Shannon

Sent on 12/30/2014

Shannon · Married on 06/28/2014

Jim at Black Tie Video was so wonderful to work with! Jim listened to exactly what we were looking for, was very responsive, and came through on what we'd discussed. He worked with us on our vision for the day, and was extremely unobtrusive-- he was there for all the good moments, but without us noticing at all. He did a great job capturing all the important moments that we want to treasure. Such a great experience with Jim!!!

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • User4571972 · 2+ years ago

We just watched my daughter's wedding video. It was wonderful! I am so glad we decided to hire a videographer. To see the expression on my new son-in-law's face when he saw my daughter walk down the aisle ....priceless!
    If you're in the market for a videographer, look no further. Jim and Barbara Skipper aka. Black Tie Video fill the bill. They were a pleasure to work with and their finished product was superb.

Diane G. (the MOB)

Sent on 11/25/2014

Kristen · Married on 10/19/2013

Jim with Black Tie Video is great to work with. My husband and I absolutely love the montage clip he provided, along with the full footage from our wedding day. Jim is very easy to work with and always got back to us quickly to answer any questions.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/13/2013

The video is priceless as it captured all of the moments we remember fondly and also those moments we may not have noticed during all of the excitement. The professionalism and ease of working with Jim made the whole experience just delightful. He is truly a kind and great person to work with during the often busy time of a wedding. Additionally, he accommodated us far beyond what would be expected of a videographer and for that we have many more great moments captured on video than I could have hoped for, all set to great music.

The resulting video is just awesome, that's the only word to describe it. I did not realize how much I would cherish a video of the wedding, but seeing his work makes me ecstatic that I chose Black Tie Video. His manner of editing all of the footage he captured into a meaningful video is superb. I especially loved the montage to our special song, which he enabled us to share with many friends who could not attend the event. I am so pleased that Black Tie Video had the availability to capture my special day and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to capture memories for a lifetime.

Sent on 04/24/2014

Jim and Barbara were amazing. I didn't even notice they were there! They showed up early and were very professional.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Jessica · Married on 07/13/2013

Jim Skipper at Black Tie Video was fantastic to work with! He was very responsive, listened to exactly what we wanted, and totally delivered! He worked with us on pricing and was extremely unobtrusive -- just as we asked! We barely knew he was there, but yet he captured all the important moments we wanted. We just received our wedding DVDs in time for Christmas (our wedding was in July) and we got a "sneak peek" of our highlight reel about a month ago. Great experience overall!

Sent on 12/27/2013

Jim and Barbara work as husband and wife of Black Tie Video. They truly do deserve a rating of 5/5!!

We were referring to Black Tie Video from another bride. We gave Jim a call and he brought us into his home to give us the details on his services and he showed us a sample montage and video from a previous bride's wedding to give us the comfort of what he can provide. Jim was responsive leading up to the wedding, ensuring he was onto any necessary changes. The wedding day was scattered thunderstorms, but Jim and Barbara were there, barely noticeable and took great shots throughout the night, especially considering the on and off down pours!

Their prices are more than reasonable, they're in a good area and are willing to commute and will DEFINITELY provide you with great work!

I would HIGHLY recommend Black Tie Video. Good luck!

Sent on 12/16/2013

Danielle · Married on 06/22/2013

Black Tie Video is incredible! We really wanted a videographer, but were hesitant and nervous. After contacting Jim, I knew we had to have a video and we had to have him. Their sample work was beautiful! And you get both an incredible montage and a full length version. The montage you can share with friends and not overwhelm them, while the full length version you can watch with your spouse over and over and whoever else wants to watch the whole thing. They have a lot of experience, and while they are open to direction, they certainly do not need it. They are definitely professionals and definitely know what they are doing. On the big day, I spoke with them, but honestly hardly knew they were there. They capture the most amazing moments of the best day of your life, while not being in the way. If you are thinking of getting a video, but are not sure, just do it! And use Black Tie Video! You will not regret it. The day goes by so fast, and pictures are beautiful, but they only tell half of the story. We were so busy and had so much fun, but did not even remember what all happened that night. But we knew we had a video coming and would be able to see everything we missed. We cannot be happier with the quality of the video we received, and the professionalism of Black Tie Video. They even have blu-rays! And their rating says it all... Definitely choose Black Tie Video!

Sent on 09/20/2013

I have absolutely LOVED my experience with Jim and Black Tie Video!!! We received such wonderful service and would highly recommend them for any wedding or event! On our wedding day, they were able to capture everything without being intrusive or distracting. To be honest, I don’t even think we knew they were there most of the time, which was perfect for my shy groom!! They were able to capture all the natural moments we shared and I am forever grateful!

I cannot say enough kind things about my experience. I really appreciate all the kindness and professionalism I’ve received. They have been so patient with me and have really helped guide me during any difficult decisions. We just received the short highlight reel and I was practically in tears reliving our wedding. All the most important parts of our wedding were perfectly captured to make a beautiful highlight we will have forever. I am also very impressed how quickly the turnaround has been and Jim’s response time to my questions is incredibly fast.

Not only is Black Tie Video professional, kind, helpful, and talented but they’re FUN to work with!! I’ve really enjoyed all my communication with them and will miss them once we finish everything. Thank you, thank you Black Tie Video!!!!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Michelle · Married on 11/24/2012

The Black Tie Video team was absolutely wonderful to work with. From start to finish, they made us feel comfortable and excited about being filmed on our big day. Black Tie Video came highly recommended by our photographer (Artful Weddings) and by a friend as well. Jim was more than happy to meet with us, and go over the entire process, and what our final product would look like. Speaking of the final product....we were THRILLED. Please check out our video short on their Facebook page (Michelle & Scott). I literally cry every time I watch it! The entire video is absolutely amazing, and everything we had hoped for.

Thanks for everything!