Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Reviews

127 | Dallas, TX

127 Reviews for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting

Darren · Married on 02/21/2015

We can't say enough good things about the amazing job Jeff did for our wedding reception. He made the event a huge success. From the moment we contacted him until the end of the event, he handled everything promptly, professionally and with a lot of kindness. I would recommend him to anyone for any type of event. He has an amazing music selection, and was responsive to the crowd. He instinctively new the music to play that was perfect for our reception.

Sent on 03/03/2015

Kimberly · event on: 12/19/2014

We had amazing event and the DJ just added to it!!! He was professional and played great music! Our employees loved him!

Sent on 01/06/2015

Brian & Amanda · Married on 12/13/2014

Jeff was absolutey amazing!! He did so much more then what we thought he would do. He met with us at our venue for the final meeting as well as the Rehearsal. He made sure he had everything he needed and required for the day to run smoothly. On our wedding day, he arrived early to set up and coordinated his work with our decorator and venue. During the Reception, he kept structure and kept calm the whole time, which kept us calm too. He made sure we had drinks, kept in communication with our parents and kept everyone dancing and happy! We would recomment Jeff's services to everyone we know. We want to have another party, just so Jeff can DJ!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/01/2014

Jeff was absolutely amazing! He met with us twice before the wedding, once as a consultation and a week or two before the actual date to make sure he got all the information right. He was also readily available via email to answer (all) my questions. He totally nailed what we wanted at our reception, even though we were pretty vague: "Um, we'd like a lot of 70's/80's songs to dance to...maybe just see what happens and what people are liking." It was absolutely perfect. Jeff also did the music for the ceremony - he got all the cues exactly right and understood just what I wanted for the pre-ceremony songs. In a word: Perfection.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Abbey · Married on 10/25/2014

Jeff Burris was our DJ for our wedding and he did such an amazing job! I recommend him whole-heartedly. We met 2 times before the wedding to finalize details, which put my mind at ease. He even built a site for us to link to on our wedding website for guests to request songs.

The ceremony went off without a hitch which was in and of itself amazing since I'd neglected to tell him about a very important part of the ceremony where different people would need mics on and off at the same time... confusing, I know, but he did it, and it wasn't till after the wedding when I realized my blunder.

In addition to playing awesome music, he played security after guests insisted on keeping my new husband and I from our meal. It had been a busy day and we were starving, so i asked that he make an announcement promising them we'd visit their tables after we'd eaten. When they still refused to let us eat (which was endearing since they wanted to wish us congratulations, so I can't complain too much), he offered to stand next to our table and deflect the mad rush of guests to the buffet table, which he did with utmost charm and consideration.

He made the the evening laid back, relaxed and so much fun! Having little experience with weddings myself, Jeff made sure that every aspect of the evening was perfect, from the ceremony entrance, to the reception entrance, to the dance, and finally to the private dance we requested at the end. He's excellent with people, kind, professional, and talented. He helped make it the perfect evening.

Sent on 11/11/2014

I have nothing but good things to say about Jeff. First, he is professional and well organized. He knows all the right questions to ask, and keeps detailed information. He was there for the rehearsal, and was a hit at the reception. He was flexible when the scheduled was changed several times during the reception. He even allowed my husband to take the mic and perform some karaoke! I would recommend Jeff first to anyone needing a DJ in the Dallas area.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Jeff was fabulous! He provided services for my October 16th wedding and we couldn't have asked for a more professional person. Thanks to him our wedding ran smoothly. He even got on the dance floor and taught my husband the wobble. I am STILL getting compliments about the fantastic choice we had invested in Jeff. I would recommend any bride or anyone in the area to book him you wont be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/29/2014
  • AJ

AJ · Married on 09/27/2014

Jeff was extremely professional on all fronts. He made our event fun for everyone and a night we will never forget. He even rearranged his schedule to accommodate our event. He truly bent over backwards to help make our dream become a reality. We will definitely be using Black Tie Sounds for all our future events. Extremely satisfied with the services we received. Thanks again Jeff.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/26/2014

Jeff was excellent at ensuring all of our plans for the evening were carried out on time. He was very professional and friendly from the moment we met him. Jeff is organized, punctual and tons of fun!

Sent on 10/05/2014

Callie · Married on 09/07/2014

Jeff was so easy to work with and he made our wedding music perfect!!! I will be using him in the future for sure!!!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Meredith · Married on 08/30/2014

I can say so many wonderful things about Jeff Burris and Black Tie Sounds and Lighting.
    Professional, understanding, personable, responsive, helpful and patient are just a few things to describe Jeff. He went above and beyond at our Wedding. He did music for the ceremony and reception. He kept us informed and didn't rush us.
    When we first met him we liked how he interviewed us. It made us feel like he really wanted to get to know us as people, instead of just "selling" us his services. That was really special to us. He always replied to email or text promptly and was always prompt when meeting us in OUR neighborhood, even though it was 30+ minutes from his.
    We are so excited to have Jeff do our next event, whatever it might be. Thank you again for everything! We couldn't have asked for a better evening.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Sarah · Married on 08/09/2014

Jeff did an amazing job at our wedding. He was well prepared and helped make sure we stayed on schedule. I was care free the entire reception because of him. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 08/23/2014

ashley · Married on 07/26/2014

Jeff of Black Tie Sound was AMAZING! His follow up was incredible. He fulfilled all of our request and even made some great suggestions. He was extremely professional and made our wedding a night that we will never forget. He scheduled a meeting with us a month before the wedding and helped us compose a timeline for the night which really helped things to go smoothly. He is the best value out there!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Kenzie · Married on 07/20/2014

Jeff was an AMAZING DJ for our wedding this past July! He listened to everything I wanted and took care of EVERYTHING on wedding day! I felt like I really had someone who had my back and cared about what I wanted. I was not the least bit stressed day of thanks to Jeff and my guests had a wonderful time! There was dancing going on in the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday! I say that is a pretty good accomplishment! Thanks Jeff! You rock!!

Sent on 08/13/2014

Philip · Married on 07/05/2014

Jeff did such an amazing job at our wedding. Jeff isn't doing this part time like most other DJs. I ultimately wanted someone that I knew will do an amazing job on this special day! His attentive to details is what makes him really worth it. For example, he was asking questions about our wedding that spurred conversation between my wife and I. This isn't his first rodeo, he's done TONS of weddings and it shows. He makes choosing music really, really easy through a website. The website breaks down every dance for you. Also, he definitely does a good job "feeling out the crowd." To top it all off, I am an alumni of Texas A&M, and Jeff wore an aTm tie on our special day! Oh, and now my sister-in-law is using him for her wedding in November.

Sent on 07/22/2014

Chelsea · Married on 06/13/2014

Jeff was extremely professional and very easy to work with. He was also very helpful for two people that did not know what they were doing! I would recommend him to anyone that needed a DJ for any event! He made our wedding an unforgettable day. I will definitely would with him again in the future.

Sent on 06/27/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2014

We only have wonderful things to say about Jeff with Black Tie Sounds and Lighting! He was flexible, very responsive to emails and requests, and made our reception so fun and lively! We would recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Aisha · Married on 05/03/2014

Jeff with Black Tie Sounds & Lighting was absolutely the most amazing DJ we could have asked for! We had been strongly recommended by a Dallas-based friend to go with Jeff for our wedding in Austin at the gorgeous Villa Antonia, and I'm so glad we did! My now husband and I both told each other several times throughout the night that Jeff was the star of the night (after me, the bride of course! ;D) and that we could not have done it without him, and many of our family members said the same. Jeff was really great at keeping the party hopping, corralling wayward groomsmen at important moments, and in general ensuring the evening stayed on track without incident! If you are looking for a DJ for your wedding who will make it a fabulous night to remember, Black Tie Sounds & Lighting is the absolute way to go! Not only is their pricing affordable in an industry known for outrageous pricing, but Jeff is super flexible, friendly, and fun - - thank you Jeff for helping make our night a night to truly remember!!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Erica · Married on 04/12/2014

Jeff went above and beyond at our wedding! We loved dancing the night away with our family :)

Sent on 04/27/2014

Larine · Married on 03/29/2014

Here's what really matters: our dance floor was packed all night!

Jeff was great to work with and we would recommend Black Tie Sounds to anyone. He was extremely organized and took the time to really understand what we wanted and what would work best for our event. The online planning tools were easy to use and helped us plan the flow of the event. Jeff was prompt, professional, accessible and personable. He did a great job MCing and handled my overzealous father's requests beautifully.

Overall, we are very pleased and would hire Black Tie Sounds again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/05/2014
  • User4073207 · event on: 03/28/2014

DJ Jeff Burris was so amazing and helped our event run smoother than I could ever imagine. He was great in meeting with me before, and he familiarized himself with our schedule and had planned songs to go with our awards ceremony. He was a great DJ and everyone had such a blast- including me- he helped me a lot so I could enjoy the event while he took care of the details for the evening!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Planning a wedding from out of town adds stress to an already stressful planning process. When you don't have any recommendations from friends or family, you resort to the internet and reviews like this. My wife and I were actually referred to Jeff by another DJ who was booked on our date. We quickly googled Jeff, and found some quality reviews. Those reviews were spot-on. Jeff has a wealth of experience as a DJ and has seen almost everything. (Ask him for some crazy stories!) He responds to emails almost immediately and was flexible with our hectic lives, scheduling meetings via Skype. Our first meeting went smoothly and it was as if we had known Jeff for years. He had great suggestions and understood what we wanted for our wedding. He certainly made the planning process easier.

Fast forward to the day of and Jeff performed perfectly. He MC'd our event, but didn't over-do anything on the mic. He kept our wedding moving and adapted when we took too long making the rounds to speak with friends and family. However, the most important part of any DJ is keeping the dance floor packed. Jeff did not disappoint. He read the dance floor and deftly mixed song after song, leaving all of our wedding guests no choice but to stay out there. While the flowers, decorations, and venue are very important, the DJ really does make or break a reception. Jeff certainly made ours everything we could have hoped for and more. If given the choice again, we would pick Jeff in a heart beat and never look back.

Sent on 06/09/2014
  • W

Weston · Married on 03/01/2014

Wow, what a professional. I can't say enough about Jeff. He thought of so much ahead of time that I didn't have to think of a thing. And the party was a GREAT time. The music selection perfect and exactly what we wanted. He was very patient waiting for my replies and very timely in his replies to me. I will absolutely recommend Jeff. Thank you.

Sent on 03/19/2014

Casey · Married on 01/04/2014

Jeff made our wedding reception perfect! He is very personable and professional. We met with him a few times so he could get to know us as a couple and make sure we were on the same page with how we wanted our reception to flow. He asked very thoughtful and considerate questions to make even the small details of the evening go smoothly.

Our friends and family had a great time dancing and he kept the music at just the right level so that others could enjoy conversation too.

We definitely would recommend Jeff to friends and family to use for their special occasion.

Sent on 01/15/2014

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2012

Weddings can be such a stressful day for a bride and the last thing on her mind is the music being played during the reception. I know this because after attending several wedding I knew that I had to find the perfect DJ because their receptions were very boring and awkward. Although from the party introductions to the last dance, Jeff was great about making each of the transitions smooth and awkward free. He had everyone on the dance floor. He knew the perfect time to interject and when not to. My husband and I were so grateful to have Jeff as our DJ for our special day and would highly recommend him for any occasion.

Sent on 10/20/2013