Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Reviews

127 | Dallas, TX

127 Reviews for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting

Betty · Married on 03/05/2016

Jeff was an amazing DJ for our wedding. He was very professional and kept everyone dancing and having fun. He also made sure the songs were perfect as discussed.

Sent on 03/05/2017

Tyler · Married on 02/20/2016

If you have any doubts about the DJ you’ve chosen for your wedding, do yourself a favor and go sit down and chat with Jeff. My wife and I were in that exact position, where we weren’t quite sure how comfortable we were with the people we had interviewed with. Made the decision to go sit with Jeff from Black Tie Sounds and never regretted it. Jeff was very helpful all along the process with making suggestions and recommendations, all while answering a million other different questions that we had. He is truly a professional in this industry. He didn’t sit back and do nothing, and he also didn’t try and steal the show. We could not be more satisfied with choosing Jeff as our DJ for our wedding. Numerous people told us how great he was, after our wedding, compared to other wedding DJ’s they had seen/heard. Trust me, go sit down and chat with Jeff. Your DJ search will be over.

Sent on 03/07/2016

AMAZIMG, is the best word for Jeff. He was professional and listened to what we wanted. He was the perfect DJ. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to DJ my wedding. He was flexible, understanding, and always there. He kept the night fun and didn't stress. It really helped me stay calm since I knew and trusted him.

You will not be let down at all. He is worth every penny you spend on him. If I could redo it all over I wouldn't change a thing.
    Thank you Jeff. You will hold a special place in my heart!

Sent on 01/30/2016

Eury · Married on 12/04/2015

Jeff was an absolute godsend! My now husband and I were in a bind when our original DJ decided to close his business just months before our wedding (yes- this was an absolute nightmare!)! I contacted Jeff and he was on top of it from the very beginning! He was easy to communicate with and very organized- so helpful every step of the way!
    The night of our wedding, when I walked into the ceremony room- there he was all set up and ready to go! He had the music going all night- my guests had a blast and we received so many compliments!

Sent on 02/04/2016

Jeff was a pleasure to work with and did an outstanding job! He was very professional and made the night unforgettable! I would recommend Black Tie Sounds in a heart beat! Thanks again Jeff!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/21/2015

Jeff was great for our wedding reception!! He made our reception fun, lively and catered to the entire crowd! We had LOTS of compliments about our DJ and music selection at the wedding! Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/05/2016

Kristyn · Married on 11/15/2015

Jeff was a pleasure to interact with from the time we first met with him in June, all the way through the end of our reception in November. He was always prompt with responding to any of our questions. It was clear that he puts a lot of thought into what he does to make your event unforgettable. We had many guests tell us that our DJ was the best that they had seen at a wedding. Our big day went smoothly and my husband and I couldn't have enjoyed our reception more, in big part thanks to Jeff. Without a doubt, Black Tie Sounds is THE DJ you should hire!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Stacy · Married on 11/14/2015

Jeff and Black Tie Sounds and Lighting were simply professional, valuable, and a joy to work with. Jeff met with us early on to outline his services and help us plan for things we had not even thought of. He was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process, and on the day of the event, he was amazing. We cannot recommend Black Tie Sounds and Lighting enough!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Heather · Married on 11/01/2015

I absolutely LOVED working with Jeff! He was so friendly and helpful! He did such a wonderful job with our wedding, I can't imagine anyone else doing it. He is the best and I will forever be a client of his. If you haven't found a DJ yet, book Jeff! He's awesome!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Morgan · Married on 10/24/2015

Jeff is AWESOME! He is so much more than a DJ. He made sure he understood what we wanted during the planning process, kept tabs on us (bride & groom) throughout the night so that we were taken care , and kept us on our timeline. He read the crowd and always played the perfect song to keep the party going. Jeff also provided all the up lighting and cake spot lights for our reception room and it was beyond my expectations, absolutely beautiful! I would and will recommend Black Tie Sounds to anyone!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Black Tie Sounds and Lighting was the best choice we made for our wedding! Jeff was so great through the entire process and on the day of the wedding he was so helpful during the night to make sure the bride and groom had a smooth reception. He literally made our wedding! I would recommend his service to anyone looking for a reasonably priced DJ with top-notch quality. We can't thank you enough Jeff!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Stephanie · Married on 09/18/2015

Jeff was amazing and extremely helpful the entire night. Not only did he keep everyone dancing the entire night but he was a huge help in keeping us on schedule.

Big thank you from the bride and groom.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Alejandro · Married on 09/06/2015

Jeff was awesome! My wife and I really liked how organized he was and his selection of music is like no other DJ out there. He is a professional at what he does, before we even got started he got to know my wife and I so he could get a better feel on how we wanted things done. He has a check list of everything that is supposed to happen at a wedding so it helps with all the planning special songs. He was always punctual, and prompt when questions needed to be answered.

Thanks Jeff! You made our day very special!

Holly and Alejandro Perez!

Sent on 10/08/2015

Jason · Married on 09/05/2015

Jeff was awesome. Very easy to work with, flexible and did a great job with the music and lights at our wedding. He's a real professional, and provides his service for a good value comapred to other DJ's.

Sent on 10/04/2015

Laura · Married on 07/04/2015

Jeff was the 1st vendor I booked over a year before the wedding date. During our initial conversation, I warned him that anything can go wrong on the 'big day' EXCEPT the music. He wasn't scared a bit and took on the challenge. He was wonderful to work with and he gave me great ideas for the reception. He was easy to get in touch with anytime I had a random question and was able to produce every crazy song I added to the playlist. I was incredibly impressed when he showed up for the rehearsal even though he wasn't required to do so. I didn't even have to ask, he just volunteered to participate because he knew how much the music meant to me. His presence that day put me at ease for the big event the following day. I was finally able to time the walk down the aisle to music (exactly the way it had played out in my head for 12 months)...and learned that I was walking way to fast! I strongly recommend Jeff Burris for any wedding or event where DJ services are needed! I 100% could not have pulled it off without him.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Andrew · Married on 06/19/2015

DJ Jeff Burris was fantastic! He rocked our wedding reception. His music was on point and he was very professional and fun. From the initial meeting to the wedding day, he was in constant communication and made our special day that much better.

Sent on 07/03/2015

Kristen · Married on 06/13/2015

Jeff was an amazing DJ and really helped make our wedding special! He took the time to get to know the both of us to customize the genres of music to play. All of our guests had nothing but great comments about him and how much fun they had. I highly recommend this company for any event you may have! You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 06/24/2015

Jeff was fantastic! We had a short and simple ceremony & reception but he helped make it so much fun. He was the biggest help in organizing & coordinating the schedule of events(i.e. first dance, cake cutting, etc.). He was also reasonably priced and flexible on meeting times prior to the day.

Sent on 07/23/2015

Brad · Married on 05/29/2015

Can't say enough great things about Jeff and Black Tie Sounds. He did an incredible job. It was exactly what we wanted. He listened to us and helped make the evening perfect.

Sent on 06/14/2015
  • User5176092 · event on: 05/27/2015

DJ Jeff Burris (with Black Tie Sounds) is a wonderful DJ and I highly recommend him for any event. He really helped my event go smoothly and had the dance floor packed!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Jill · Married on 05/23/2015

Jeff absolutely made our wedding day perfect. He directed the entire reception, made sure we were on track with the schedule, and played the best music. He also worked with my husband and me diligently months and weeks before the wedding to ensure we thought of and included everything. He also provided the uplighting and monogram for us, which were beautiful as well. He can change the uplighting colors with the flip of a switch, which was very cool! I would recommend him to anyone, and use him again for any event we may need in the future.

Sent on 06/07/2015

Laci · Married on 05/16/2015

Jeff was great to work with and responded promptly to any questions we had during our planning process. My husband and I are from Houston and planned most of our wedding via email/Skype with potential vendors. Jeff was accommodating in providing flexible options to meet and discuss planning options. The music online selection process was easy and Jeff kept our dance floor packed! Thank you for creating fun and upbeat environment for our reception.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Krista · Married on 05/14/2015

Jeff was GREAT! He really helped us to customize our wedding. Jeff kept everything on a smooth timetable, no event coordinator necessary!! Very personable and would recommend Jeff and his company for any event.

Sent on 06/11/2015

Kristin · Married on 04/25/2015

Let me just say Jeff was AMAZING and I would highly recommend his services. In the planning stages he responded very quickly to emails/any questions we had, which I think is extremely important. My husband and I really had no idea about the timeline for the wedding or things that people typically do, and Jeff offered great suggestions. His organizational skills were invaluable. At our actual wedding the air conditioning broke and the reception was extremely warm. Jeff was flexible about changing the timeline last minute and rolling with the punches. When we wanted to move everything outside (because it was much cooler), Jeff was extremely accommodating and moved his equipment outdoors. He stayed longer than was required, and really tried to make sure everyone was having a good time. Considering how stressed out me and my husband were, having someone like Jeff was a lifesaver.

And compared to the other companies we looked at, his pricing was more than reasonable for the quality of service he provided. Thanks a bunch Jeff!!!!!!

Sent on 05/09/2015
  • User5176092 · event on: 03/27/2015

DJ Jeff Burris (at Black Tie Sounds) is a wonderful DJ and really helped everything to go smoothly at my event. I am very satisfied with his services and highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/15/2015