Black Tie Sounds and Lighting Reviews

126 | Dallas, TX

126 Reviews for Black Tie Sounds and Lighting

Merilee and Bridget · Married on 02/17/2017

We never knew how important a DJ is to a wedding venue until we hired Jeff! It's so much more than "just playing the music". From the rehearsal the day prior, to our private last dance, Jeff coordinated and directed everything perfectly the way we wanted. He took so much stress off of us and handled the ceremony starting 30 minutes late, to the timing of the music as we walked down the aisle, to the direction and flow of the reception throughout the night. He was a huge part of our day and he made the memory of it perfect. He has an extensive event planning program but it was well worth the time that is put into it to have everything you want. Jeff shows the meticulous art to being a dj and makes the whole event come together. He's great at his profession and we highly recommend him.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Laleh · Married on 02/11/2017

Jeff was AMAZING! We have nothing but excellent things to say about him and his work. Leading up the wedding, he was so on top of everything. He had even done a bit of research on us before our first initial meeting. Once we booked him, he sent reminder emails of upcoming deadlines and met with us again to finalize everything. Jeff was so knowledgeable about the whole process. He helped us pick out things when we weren't sure and gave us lots of guidance. What was really, really wonderful about Jeff was that during the reception, he made sure things were happening when they were supposed to happen! For example, he found a bouquet and said, "It's time to do the toss soon! are you ready?" It was awesome to have him so focused on getting the timing of our event done currently. Is you need a DJ for your event, Jeff is the perfect choice!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

I'm not sure I can come up with the right words to explain just how great Jeff is. He went far above and beyond what you'd expect from even the best DJ in town. We had a wedding coordinator but if Jeff saw anything that was needed, he'd just jump in and help. He always made sure my husband and I had drinks in our hand, knew where we needed to be, and ultimately had no care in the world other than to enjoy our day. He kept the dance floor full and it was the ultimate dance party - we wouldn't change one thing. Our wedding party gave him rave reviews as well! Most people have been to numerous weddings and every person we've spoken to expressed our same sentiment, that Jeff/Black Tie Sounds was the absolute BEST DJ! THANK YOU JEFF!!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Megan · Married on 11/04/2016

Thanks to a recommendation, we used Black Tie Sounds for our wedding and reception and couldn't be happier! My husband and I married last winter, and people are still telling me how much they enjoyed our wedding and reception! They really loved the music and the lighting that Jeff provided! Jeff went far above and beyond during the whole wedding planning and on the big day itself! It was truly a blessing to have him there because without his coordination with everyone, the day would not have been nearly as successful! We are so thankful that our family friend recommended him because he is a big reason everything went so seamlessly on our wedding day! Just for a brief idea, we held our wedding and reception at the same place but the events started early afternoon and went until my husband and I made our formal exit around at the earliest 11:00 pm that night. Needless to say, it was a long event and thanks to Jeff, he kept the transition from the wedding, to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, to the reception so flawless! We were amazed how easy everything seemed thanks to his amazing planning and skills to work and coordinate with everyone involved!

Sent on 04/26/2017

Tina · Married on 10/29/2016

Jeff Burris provided DJ services for my daughter's wedding reception. He is extremely professional and always responded promptly to any questions. He met with us personally twice before we secured his services...once with me and my daughter and again to meet my future son-in-law. He also met with us just prior to the event to finalize our plans for the evening. He is extremely organized, on-time and very easy to work with. His online planning platform was very easy to use and helped my daughter and her fiancé plan their music long-distance. Jeff arrived for the event early and had a very professional setup. We were concerned about the acoustics in our venue, and Jeff made sure the sound was great. I also credit Jeff with keeping the reception events progressing smoothly when we had some unanticipated glitches. He was very observant of how the evening was going and responded quickly to keep things moving. And people danced!! I highly recommend his services.

Sent on 11/08/2016
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 10/28/2016

Let me start by saying that if you have any doubts about who to choose for your DJ, do yourself a favor and go sit down and chat with Jeff Burris. He is very professional, knows his music and made us feel at ease. We met with him twice before the wedding and he even came to our rehearsal! I LOVED his online planning platform, it helped us choose songs and stay organized. The day of the wedding he showed up early and had two setups (one at the ceremony and one at the reception). His MC skills are amazing and he kept our guests on the dance floor all night- WIN! I highly recommend his services. He was one of my vendors that exceeded my expectations. THANK YOU!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/22/2016

Jeff & Black Tie Sounds were absolutely stellar. My wife found out about Jeff through other industry vendors and I was very impressed with his organization and professionalism. He was super easy to work with and he was an awesome MC for our special day! Highly recommended, would use him again for other events

Sent on 11/02/2016

Cari · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Jeff. He made the whole planning process a breeze. His system makes planning your special day super easy too. He is very prompt, attentive, communicative and is honestly there to make your day the best it can possibly be. Our guests loved him so much and the dance floor was on fire the whole night. You won't regret booking him.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/15/2016

Jeff was the best choice we could have made for our DJ! He was an awesome DJ and emcee for my wedding! He always kept things moving and was very easy to work with. He was also very responsive to emails and any questions we had. He was very professional and made sure to dress in a tux to match with the rest of our wedding. He was even able to come to our rehearsal and test some of our ceremony music while we rehearsed! I would recommend him 100%!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Awesome DJ! So helpful! We could not afford a wedding planner and he helped us with timing and coordinating the event!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Kelli · Married on 10/01/2016

Jeff was the only thing that went right! He was an amazing help and I would choose him over and over again. Thank you for helping our wedding night move forward and for ALL your hard work! We will always appreciate you for this!

Sent on 10/11/2016

Lesley · Married on 09/17/2016

We were so happy with DJ Jeff!! He was great and really felt he gave us his undivided attention! He was very professional but we also felt like he was an old friend, we were so comfortable with him. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2016

Pam · Married on 09/04/2016

Jeff is an amazing DJ! He made our wedding reception an awesome event. Very organized, kept the crowd dancing and is just a great guy. Highly recommend Jeff for any event.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Lidia · Married on 08/20/2016

Jeff was quick to respond to me with any questions I had. He met with me twice before the wedding to plan the music, has an amazing way of having it set up where you choose your songs online. I had the songs that I wanted on my reception plus kept the flow of reception well and great atmosphere! Had fun! Highly recommend him for any event, professional and great experience and listens to his clients requests.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Jacquelyn · Married on 07/08/2016

Jeff did a great job. He was thorough, was flexible with our last minute request and had a fun and positive attitude.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2016

Jeff was so wonderful for us! He was flexible and professional. He truly made our wedding wonderful!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Hope · Married on 06/11/2016

Jeff was absolutely amazing through our entire wedding planning process and his services the day of. He helped us organize a timeline for our reception in detail (which we would not have thought to do on our own), held meetings with us to keep us on schedule, and I loved his song planner where you could choose songs as 'must play,' 'play if possible,' or 'don't play.' He had different mixes of music (and recommendations for us) for cocktail hour, dinner, initial dancing, toasts/garter/bouquet, and then later in the night more adult dancing music. He was fantastic!!!! We literally could not have done it without him. AND he provided our lighting, and he had a great price. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you so much Jeff!!!!

Sent on 06/28/2016

Micah · Married on 05/29/2016

My husband & I were lucky enough to meet Jeff at an open house at our wedding venue where he is highly recommended by the coordinators and staff. I understand why because Jeff was one of the most reliable, professional, & responsive vendors we had the pleasure of working with for our big day. He exceeded all of our expectations as a DJ with music selection and MCing. Our friends and family can't stop talking about what a fun wedding it was (some people never even sat down)! But he ALSO made sure the reception went on smoothly (making sure we were in the right spot for photos, helping us stick with a timeline for toasts, cake cutting, etc.) We truly can't thank Jeff enough for making our wedding so perfect!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Rien · Married on 05/28/2016

Jeff helped us trough the whole process and got us all seatled for an awesome wedding... Giving suggestions and helped with finding the right songs. Also he was very flexible when we changed songs.

Sent on 06/15/2016

Courtney · Married on 05/21/2016

Jeff, of Black Tie Sounds, was wonderful. My husband and I met Jeff about 11/2 years prior to our wedding and booked him then. We did not have a wedding coordinator/planner, but Jeff's expertise and MC skills helped manage our wedding. I was able to contact him with any questions and he would quickly respond in helping plan day of timeline. My Husband and I originally had a friend who was going to play music during our ceremony and then the week of found that they were unable to do so. Jeff coordinated all of the ceremony music during the rehearsal a couple of nights prior to the wedding. I can not say enough how much we appreciate Jeff and all his help.He delivered exactly what we wanted. I would recommend Jeff for any occasion. His value, expertise, and the quality of service he provides is extraordinary.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Jordyn · Married on 05/07/2016

Jeff is AMAZING. He worked great with our other vendors to keep the timing of our reception right and the music was wonderful. He knows exactly how to read the room and I didn't have to worry about anything. Anytime we have an event that needs a DJ we'll be booking Jeff! I cannot express how grateful I am for what an amazing job he did.

Sent on 05/25/2016

nicole · Married on 04/16/2016

DJ Jeff was the DJ for our wedding. He was fantastic! We received so many compliments from our guests telling us how much they loved his music selections. He knew how to read the crowd, and our prep meeting before the event was extremely reassuring and thorough. Some parts of our timeline had to change last minute and he did extremely well at going with the flow and directing the nightly events (and did a great job working with our nightmare of a day-of coordinator). Highly recommend! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Ashley · Married on 03/19/2016

Jeff made our wedding reception super fun! There were a lot of people on the dance floor that I didn't think would be!

Sent on 04/03/2016

We were so glad we got to work with Jeff!!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Betty · Married on 03/05/2016

Jeff was an amazing DJ for our wedding. He was very professional and kept everyone dancing and having fun. He also made sure the songs were perfect as discussed.

Sent on 03/05/2017