Black Tie Photography and Cinema Reviews

7 | Pearl City, HI

7 Reviews for Black Tie Photography and Cinema

• User3652434 · event on: 10/22/2013

My family and I visited Hawaii this past October and contacted Shawn at Black Tie Cinemas to see if we could schedule a family photo shoot. Shawn was amazing! Not only did he make time for us last minute (less than a week's notice), but Shawn was so patient with us! We have a 1 year old, and like most 1 year olds, she doesn't want to sit still, especially not for photographs! Despite our daughter's resistance to sit still for photographs, Shawn was able to capture a number of photographs/moments for my family to cherish. Shawn's style is so artistic! If you are looking for a photographer to capture moments you never want to forget, I encourage you to contact Shawn at Black Tie Cinemas!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Joe · Married on 08/23/2013

Black Tie Cinema truly deserves 5 stars in every category. We were very critical in planning our special day, and we were also budget conscious. Shawn and Cory went above and beyond our expectations not only in their performance on the wedding day, but also in every correspondence before and after the event. They beautifully captured all of the special moments in our day with an artistic flair in some photos, but a journalistic style in others. Even though this was a destination wedding with a 6-hour time difference, communication was fluid and Shawn was committed to our concerns. We are so thankful for their hard work and dedication to our amazing wedding, and we very highly recommend Black Tie Cinema.

Sent on 11/29/2013

David · event on: 06/01/2013

We retained Shawn and Cory to take our engagement photo. We wanted something very different. We selected a rather new technology that produced a super-high-def large panoramic portrait of us standing on rocks fronting Sea Life Park, with waves crashing into the rocks. It was a unique and crazy (in a good way) experience and we are completely happy with the finished product which is approx 5 feet by 2.5 feet. It is amazing how Shawn and Cory took into account the way that the sunlight was reflected off the clouds and all the other details that are very apparent in a high-def photo of this size, including the water running off the rocks and the foam in the ocean and most important, making the two of us look good. What an experience! Shawn is very easy to talk to and the photo shoot experience made us "international models" for an afternoon. Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Sheana · Married on 03/23/2013

Sean's work is out of this world. My pictures looked so amazing and my album was absolutely beautiful it brought me to tears, it felt like I was reliving my wedding day all over again. No words can explain how truly grateful and happy I am with my wedding pictures. Thank you infinity. The long wait was definitely worth it!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Sean · Married on 03/17/2012

When Shawn of Black Tie Cinema asked me to write a review of the services that I received for my wedding day, I did know where to begin or how to describe in words the gratitude that I had for him for all of his hard work.
    One of the hardest parts of a wedding is finding a Photographer. With so many different Photographers available with there own unique style and design, this can be very overwhelming. You want to make sure that the Photographer you choose is there for you each and every step of the way and that the photos that he takes comes together beautifully in your wedding album. This is what I truly like about Shawn, he doesn’t just take photos. He captures those once in a lifetime moments. Each image that he takes creates a timeline of a story and truly captures the essence of the couple. His photos allow you to see what you miss because of how hectic the day can get. I was so focused on getting ready and making sure that everything went smoothly during my wedding day, I was thoroughly impressed that he was able to capture all that I missed of my family and friends laughing, crying, and enjoying in the very special day.
    Shawn has a really big heart. He is both courteous, and professional and works really hard to make sure that each photo he takes comes out beautiful. I appreciate the long hours that he spent with us during our engagement session and finding truly unique areas that would create the most amazing backgrounds. I never write reviews on companies, and sometimes people will only write a review based on the bad experiences that they had, but because I know how hard it is for couples to find a Photographer I hope that they will find this review helpful. I am very appreciative of how everything worked out with Shawn of Black Tie Cinema. I would recommend him to all wedding couples who are not just looking for a Photographer, but someone that truly takes pride and effort in their work, because a wedding will only last a day, a photo will last forever. Thanks Shawn!!!

Sent on 04/20/2012

Hazel Robertson · Married on 10/22/2011

Black Tie Cinema did a wonderful job at my wedding. We had so many beautiful photos taken by Shawn. We are so excited to receive our album. We felt stress free about our photos and he took so many pictures from us to choose from. He was extremely professional and I would recommend Black Tie Cinema for any wedding.

Sent on 01/12/2012

I was so please and empresses!!! Shawn has a excellent style and knew exactly what we were looking for on our special day! so pleased ! Thank you again !!!!

Sent on 09/19/2012