Black Tie Entertainment Reviews

29 | Moline, IL

29 Reviews for Black Tie Entertainment

J · Married on 08/12/2017

We had such a great experience with Tim. He is an excellent DJ and plays only the good songs ;), but really he was beyond professional and set a wonderful tone for the evening. I would highly recommend this DJ above all others in the quad cities!!

Sent on 09/12/2017
  • User4781940 · 2+ years ago

We had an amazing day and great party due in large part to Tim! Great DJ!!!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Lindy · Married on 05/16/2015

Tim and Robin were absolutely wonderful!!!! I am so happy with their service. They are very professional and pleasant to work with. Tim knew how to keep the reception going! And the love story was a huge hit!!!!! I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Tim and Robin were very fun but also professional. There's no way our reception would have flowed well without them. They made the night!!!! I won't even think twice about who to call or recommend when a dj is needed. Thank you both!!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Lindsay · Married on 05/24/2014

Tim,
    We cannot thank you enough for being our DJ. You truly are the best! You made it totally our own and we had such a blast. We will never forget when we couldn’t find my grandpa for awhile during the anniversary dance. You did such a great job keeping the fun alive and we still laugh thinking of it! :-) You made the whole night flow perfectly and there was never a dull moment. We also appreciated Robin as well. You were our favorite vendor because you truly cared about us as people and did everything you could to make our reception one we will never forget!!!
    Thanks again,
    Lindsay and Mike Reed

Sent on 09/30/2014

Best DJ ever!! He made the reception go so smoothly. He knew exactly what songs to play and when to play them. Black tie comes early and sets up and is extremely professional! Also knows how to make the event completely worry free!

Sent on 12/22/2013

Black Tie Entertainment was wonderful to work with and made my wedding day stress-free by expertly running the reception. Tim was especially helpful before the wedding and was always very responsive to questions. He also has an eye for details and often thought of things I never had. Overall he was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend Black Tie Entertainment to anyone!

Sent on 12/26/2013

Brittany · Married on 10/12/2013

Tim was very professional and accommodating. He helped to ensure our event ran smoothly; calling off table numbers, switching song orders, and so much more. My family, friends, and the groom and I enjoyed the music all night long! Plus it was an added bonus that he took beautiful pictures of the venue and guests at the wedding. I would highly recommend Black Tie. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Megan · Married on 10/05/2013

Tim was the definition of professional. He is easy to reach and responds to all communication in a timely manner. He is very detail oriented and organized during the planning process and on the day of the event. He provided superb service the day of our reception he helped us stay on our timeline. We had most of the guests on the dance floor all night and received several compliments on the DJ from family and friends.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Jen · Married on 09/28/2013

I couldn't have asked for a better or more professional DJ than Tim at Black Tie Entertainment! A friend told me about Black Tie Entertainment and I didn't really know what to expect when I first met with Tim as it was my first meeting with a DJ. About 10 minutes into the 90 minute meeting, I realized Tim was the DJ that we were looking for!

I am a control freak and it was hard for me not to be in control of every minute of the day. However, I realized during the process of making all the wedding plans, there was no way I could control everything. Tim was great. He was never pushy and guided us through the reception. He made sure that the events at the reception flowed smoothly. I didn't have to worry about where to be and when to be there in terms of the wedding party be announced, the cake cutting (he coordinated with our photographer to make sure he was ready too), the toasts, the Love Story (amazing!), the first dance and so on! Tim was perfect and my husband and I were so pleased at how well the entire night played out.

The Love Story was something we paid a little extra for but was SOOOOO worth it. After a few meetings with Tim, he crafted a love story about Mark and I. He based the love story on my husband and my relationship and our journey up to our wedding day. It was funny, sweet, touching, and beautiful. It made me laugh and cry happy tears! He kept the Love Story a secret from everyone until he read it to us and our guests just before our first dance. We received so many compliments on the Love Story as well as how wonderful our DJ was. He and his wife, Robin, made our reception a true success!

I planned and planned my wedding and it could not have been any better. Tim was a big part of the success of an amazing wedding reception. Thank you Tim! I would hire Tim again for any event in which I needed a DJ. He is a true professional and a master at DJing!

Sent on 10/20/2013
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 09/14/2013

I just wanted to take a minute to express how grateful we were to have found Black Tie Entertainment to dj our wedding. Tim was great to work with. We never had to worry as he made sure everything ran smoothly. He was everything we could have asked for a dj and more. We would recommend him to anyone looking for a dj.

Sent on 10/16/2013

Alyssa · Married on 09/07/2013

Black tie entertainment was absolutely amazing!!! They kept our reception running smooth the entire night, all at the same time keeping the party and fun going!!! Not only was the music great, we also received some beautiful pictures from Tim and his wife! Thank you so much for helping make our wedding day be the fairy tale we imagined :)

Sent on 10/04/2013

Hanna · Married on 08/24/2013

Black Tie Entertainment does an amazing job! My husband and I were so happy with them. They had people on the dance floor all night long. Black Tie is very easy to work with and very helpful! Definitely go with Black Tie Entertainment!

Sent on 09/14/2013

Leonna · Married on 08/10/2013

They were awesome! They kept us on point and I didn't have to worry about a thing! The music and the lighting was amazing!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Lindsey · Married on 07/13/2013

We had a great time and everyone was on the dance floor the entire night. The night flew by and everyone after the night commented on how great the music was.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Dan · Married on 07/05/2013

Tim was the perfect fit for us because he is committed to organization and planning. He made sure to focus on what we wanted and helped facilitate the perfect timing of our day. His service was worth every penny and we would highly recommend him to our friends and family.

Sent on 08/17/2013

We were very pleased with Black Tie Entertainment. They delivered everything they promised, and our wedding was fun and lively because of them.

Sent on 08/22/2013

Karli · Married on 06/15/2013

Tim is an amazing DJ!!! We would highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/02/2013
  • Brianne

Brianne · Married on 06/08/2013

Tim was great from the start to finsh very helpful helping us figure out how the flow of our wedding was going to go. Tim had a lot of helpful information

Sent on 06/27/2013

Brooke · Married on 06/01/2013

Black Tie Entertainment did a great job at our wedding reception. Their experience and expertise allows them to capture the guest and get them on the dance floor. They played a variety of music that would please everyone. Tim did a great job of keeping a good flow to the wedding events (cake cutting, tossing the bouquet, and garter removal, etc.) Black Tie also provided up-lighting in the ballroom for the reception. It was beautiful! They did a great job of enhancing the room! Once the reception started, I knew I was in good hands. I was able to be in the moment of our wedding reception and enjoy my time with family and friends. Thank you Tim and Robin for a fantastic wedding reception!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2013

We were so happy that we decided to go with Black Tie Entertainment as our wedding DJ. Everything was perfect! Black Tie made it very easy to plan from the start with their online wedding planning tools and in person planning and final meetings. They are extremely professional and ask for your opinion on what attire they should wear for the evening. We used Black Tie's uplighting and were extremely pleased with the results. As for the reception, the music selection was awesome...we always had a full dance floor. One of the biggest tasks was how Tim kept the evening flowing nicely. He was basically in charge of keeping on the timeline with speeches, first dances, slideshows, announcing dessert, etc. Tim is very upbeat and made the evening so fun. After the wedding, it was a surprise to see Tim and his wife had taken 30 pictures from our wedding and already had them posted within days of the wedding. It was so fun to see the candid shots right away since the professional photos would not be done for another couple of months. All in all, Black Tie was superb from the planning stages all the way until days after the wedding. I would highly recommend using them for your event!

Sent on 06/16/2013
  • User3291909 · 2+ years ago

I cannot say enough about the high level of service provided by Black Tie Entertainment. Tim goes above and beyond. He was sensitive to our needs/wants but also provided input based on his years of valuable experience. When asked, he was also able to provide recommendations regarding other aspects of our wedding. Tim was not simply our DJ. In addition to music, he was responsible for every detail related to the timing of our reception so we didn't have to worry about anything. He also coached us prior to the big day on what to expect and how best to prepare for it (suggesting for example that we avoid watching the weather the week prior because there isn't anything you can do to change it anyway -- great advice!). Our guests had a great time and have been very complimentary of the service provided by Tim and his wife, Robin. Several guests have commented on how much they enjoyed the music and the opportunity to converse with other guests at the same time (something you can't always do at receptions but something Tim assured us he could make happen). The tools Black Tie Entertainment has available on its website making planning a breeze. Black Tie Entertainment is worth every penny! I also highly recommend couples splurge a bit for Tim to write/read their Love Story...priceless!!!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Alicia · Married on 04/13/2013

Thank you so much for providing uplighting for such a reasonable price! Also, thank you got setting up and tearing down the lights. Your lights added the finishing touch to our venue! Thank you again!

Sent on 05/14/2013

April · Married on 04/13/2013

I really enjoyed working with Black Tie Entertainment. The professionalism made me relax during our first and last meeting. Speaking with Tim made me also feel more comfortable about the flow of the reception. He was very helpful with any questions we had and made changes even up until the day before the wedding. The reception was flawless due to his planning and timing. All the guests had a great time on the dance floor!

Sent on 05/16/2013
  • User2112041 · 2+ years ago

We had such a wonderful time at our wedding reception, and much of it was thanks to Tim. He did a wonderful job of keeping the reception flowing, and playing most all of our song requests.

Sent on 10/17/2012