Black Tie Beats Reviews

52 | Altoona, IA

52 Reviews for Black Tie Beats

Karen · Married on 06/29/2013

Black Tie Beats was awesome! Thank you for making it an amazing wedding. There wasn't a dry eye in the house when we surprised the guests with your creative daddy/daughter and mother/son dance. Thanks for helping us make our wedding memorable. It was great how the DJ kept the dances entertaining and fun for all ages. We especially loved the limbo and hula hoop competitions.

Sent on 07/20/2013

Danielle · Married on 06/21/2013

Black Tie Beats did an amazing job at our wedding! Seth thought of everything! From helping us develop a timeline to recording a special message for my Dad during our dance, Black Tie Beats helped make our special day so perfect. I cannot count the number of remarks I got from my guests about what a great DJ we had! Thanks again!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Matt · Married on 06/15/2013

From the start of our wedding planning my wife was not sure about hiring a DJ. However from the moment she sat down with Seth, she knew she had found what she wanted. We absolutley loved the work Seth put in to not only the DJ part of it, but also the planning and ideas as well. Seth was full of helpfull information about things we wouldn't have thought about. I have already recommended him to other people for their wedding and will continue to do so whenever it comes up.

Thanks Seth for the help, for controlling the wedding, and making sure things went super smooth on that special day! You were great.

Black Tie Beats's reply:

Matt - It was such an honor to be working with both of you on your special day! I look forward to seeing the two of you at some of the weddings you have referred us to. Congratulations!

Emily · Married on 06/08/2013

Very attentive. They provided ceremony music and also functioned as the DJ. Additionally, we were able to sit down and go over every detail for the event prior so we were well prepared and not stressed about this aspect of our wedding.

Black Tie Beats's reply:

Emily - I can't express to you both how happy I was for the opportunity to work with you and Brian. Congratulations!

It is not that often that I get to meet with a bride and groom at the end of the night when one of my other DJ's is at the wedding however for Brian and Emily's I did. Emily's response to me when I asked how the night went, "We are getting married again in a year and I want Nate to be our DJ again!" I am looking forward to doing it all again with you both! :)

Sara · Married on 06/01/2013

Seth was a fantastic DJ! He helped me with all the details big and small! I was even able to hand pick the songs that I wanted to play for the entire reception! When I realized that I had forgotten my garter, there was a backup in his DJ gear! Lifesaver! I would highly recommend Black Tie Beats for any event where a DJ is needed!

Black Tie Beats's reply:

Sara - Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of this day with you and Eric!

I am looking forward to being the DJ for you at the Fushion Fashion show on July 25, 2013!

Jamie · Married on 06/01/2013

We had a wonderful time at our wedding and the music was a big part of that. Our DJ was awesome and got the crowd excited! We would definitely recommend Black Tie Beats to anyone for their wedding needs. Seth helped us think through all the parts of the wedding and reception and that really helped us feel at ease. Thanks for making our day so special!

Sent on 07/01/2013

Kayla · Married on 05/18/2013

Everyone loved your service! We didn't get in the dollar dance though, which was okay, but something we thought of.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Kayla,

I really appreciated the opportunity to work with you and David. I sincerely apologize for the oversight on the dollar dance. I truly do want everyones wedding to run as smoothly as possible with as few hiccups or forgotten moments. I do hope that Black Tie Beats was able to help you create some wonderful long lasting memories of your wedding day.

Denise · event on: 04/12/2013

I can honestly say Black Tie Beats is THE best DJ service! Seth is very organized and works very hard to make sure that everything is done the way you want it and everyone walks away wanting more! I love that his policy is a "no profanity" policy. It makes for a much classier event and stress free. He drew the crowd in from the very beginning of the event and they kept coming back to the dance floor. They literally danced for 3 1/2 hours and Seth was right there with them! His personality draws both teenagers and adults into the activity - We even have a picture of him doing the splits on the dance floor! This was such a GREAT event and a GREAT memory for all of us and most of that credit goes to Seth! Thank you so much Seth and Black Tie Beats!!!

Sent on 04/22/2013

Jerry A. · Married on 03/09/2013

Seth did a great job with the reception for our renewal of vows. He went out of his way to accommodate us. We heard only positive comments from people and would highly recommend him to anyone! Thanks Seth!

Sent on 03/14/2013

Thomas · Married on 02/23/2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of experiencing Seth's delightful skills at my step daughter's wedding in September of 2012 and scrambled to secure his services for our own. Seth went above and beyond in what could be construed as his 'duties' by not only helping us in planning our event, but by setting us at ease with our lack of knowledge of what music to play and when to do what during the ceremony and reception. If we ever host an event that requires a DJ, it will be Black Tie Beats!

Sent on 03/04/2013

Cindy · Married on 10/06/2012

Seth Thomas, of Black Tie Beats, is one word: AWESOME! Professional, organized, accommodating, classy and went way above his responsibilities. He not only served as DJ, but was an awesome MC, assisted the bride and groom, ran errands, perfect host and as we, at the last minute needed a videographer, lined up a videographer and then he personally edited the video and then did a picture montage at the end to a song that is very special to the Bride and her Daddy. Okay, I know I used many more adjectives that just one word...could not help myself.

Sent on 10/22/2012
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 09/01/2012

Black Tie Beats might have LITERALLY saved our wedding reception! Our DJ cancelled 4 days before our big day, but amazingly Black Tie Beats had a DJ who was available to help us out last minute. As any bride could imagine, I was pretty frazzled having to make this last minute switch, but from the get-go, Seth, the owner, stepped up to the plate and handled everything with the utmost level of professionalism. He was so organized and immediately jumped in to setting everything up and keeping in constant contact with me so I knew everything was lined up. Then, when it came to our actual reception, our DJ was WONDERFUL! He had such personality on the mic, and he did a great job keeping everything flowing smoothly, whether that meant providing instructions to the crowd as to what event was coming up next (like telling people to get their drinks then come back in to the dance floor for the first dance) or responding to the mood of the crowd by mixing in a perfect blend of fast and slow songs. The whole night went perfectly, and he was just a joy to work with. And the irony of all this is that I had been to a wedding our previous DJ did, and honestly Black Tie Beats did an even better job than our original DJ would have done! The price was VERY reasonable compared to other DJs I had priced, too. Again, I was INCREDIBLY impressed with their services and would not hesitate to recommend them to a friend!
    - A VERY satisfied bride, Caitlin

Sent on 09/05/2012

Amber · Married on 05/19/2012

Seth and his team were FABULOUS!!! No complaints at all and everyone was saying how organized the whole evening was and how smoothly everything went. Seth followed through with all of our requests, even a last minute song request from the groom, and made us feel comfortable all evening. He would give us a 10-15 minute heads up of what was to come next so we had time to get a drink, use the restroom, find specific people, etc. Our day was perfect thank you to Black Tie Beats!! 5+ Stars and I would recommend BTB to any bride :)THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Lori · Married on 05/19/2012

I absolutely can not rate Seth's service high enough. We wondered if we were going to get less service since the price was SO affordable but that was simply not the case! Seth did exactly what he said he would do when he said he would do it. He followed up every time we had questions, he arrived at event very well presented and did just an awesome job as our Emcee. I am sure you will find it harder to get Seth booked because all the engaged couples attending my daughter's reception plan to call him!

Sent on 05/21/2012

Andrea · Married on 05/19/2012

I really enjoyed working with my Dj and his wife! They were so helpful and willing to offer any advice we needed.

Sent on 05/25/2012

Ashley · Married on 06/08/2012

Seth did an Amazing job at our wedding! My biggest concern was that I wanted my guests to have an amazing time and enjoy themselves all night and that is exactly what happened! Everyone commented on how much fun they had and what a great DJ Seth was.
    We chose Seth for our DJ because we knew he would go above and beyond and he did! He was a great MC letting guests know what would be occurring throughout the night and he was even nice enough to help dismiss tables! I'm not sure what DJ would do that.
    To sum things up, if I had to do it all over, I would choose Seth as our DJ in a heartbeat and would recommend him to any bride who wants a fantastic DJ!
    I had no regrets for the night except that there just wasn't enough time for all the great songs! Before the end of the night my two requests were to play some Journey and "Jesse's Girl," since my fiance's name is Jesse, but we ran out of time sadly...
    All in All... Great DJ, Great Night, Amazing Memories! THANKS!! :)

Sent on 06/28/2012

Kristine · Married on 09/22/2018

Owen was our DJ for our wedding, and did an excellent job. At times, we had to be a bit patient with the communication due to their schedules, but they really pulled through in the end. The details were on point and they made it a breeze to plan. Owen was personable, charismatic, and mingled with guests rather than broadcasting over the mic all night. He did a great job making the bridal party feel comfortable, lighten the mood, and executing dances and anniversary dance. We didn’t have a super young “club” type crowd, but he played classics that were fun and got people on the dance floor I thought for sure would sit out- so that speaks volumes to me!

Sent on 09/29/2018

Seth was amazing and really kept a lot of people around and dancing!

Sent on 11/12/2013

Very professional, great music selections, kept the reception entertained. Added nice touch with anniversary dance by bring flowers for the bride/groom to give to the winning couple.

Sent on 07/26/2014

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2013

3.5

Black Tie Beats/Seth did a wonderful job with our wedding. He was so helpful as we planned our special night, and helped us think of things we hadn't considered before. We felt very comfortable having our reception in his hands going into the night. And he certainly delivered. He was great at talking with our bridal party and our toasters about what they needed to do, and even went and got my husband and I a drink. He was constantly checking to make sure everything was going smoothly. During the toasts and throughout the night he was flexible and creative in keeping the night entertaining. I can't recommend Black Tie Beats enough!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Seth and his company did an excellent job working with us and keeping our wedding fun!

Sent on 09/21/2013

Jenny · Married on 06/01/2013

The quality and service provided by Black Tie Beats was superb. They were professional and easy to work with. They even provided us with ideas we did not think of that were fun for everyone.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Seth was absolutely fantastic! He has done so many weddings and know just how to get the reception to flow perfectly! Everyone had such a great time. He also went above and beyond and really helped organize the schedule of our day. He was very flexible to all the last minute changes we made because of the weather.

Sent on 07/09/2015

Dustin · Married on 07/11/2015

3.0

Black Tie Beats (Seth was the d.j. in our case) was an amazing d.j. and I would definitely recommend them to anybody without a hesitation. They kept the music going smoothly all night, the music selection/mix was amazing, and the dance floor was never remotely empty (seriously, although it could also have been due to our awesome guests). Seth had some really good suggestions for the garter toss and introduction of the wedding party. Planning the wedding was a little stressful as Seth was difficult to get a hold of sometimes on the phone, but email was always successful. However, I don't think that should keep anybody from utilizing their services! In fact, Black Tie Beats even has a website where you can/must fill out for the songs you want played during different parts of the reception (mother-son dance, bouquet toss, general dancing, etc.). I don't recall how much they were, but they were definitely reasonably priced. To end my rave review of Black Tie Beats: GREAT professional service, GREAT sound quality, GREAT transitions, and GREAT music. :)

Sent on 06/21/2016

3.0

Black Tie Beats is a great company. They were always willing to meet with us when it was convenient for us. Great price!

Sent on 12/06/2014