User5486060 · 2+ years ago
Jake of Black Magic was our DJ just this past weekend. We had a Downton Abbey themed wedding and he rocked it.Sent on 10/01/2015
My husband and I chose Jake for the following reasons:
1) Jake is a musician - not just a commercialized DJ doing cookie cutter weddings and trying to squeeze every cent out of you
2) Jake offered a flat rate for us - no hassle. Many DJs we met try to get creative with how they take money from us. Jake didn't do any of that - he kept it simple and classy.
3) Jake had a great attitude throughout since the first meeting to the day of the wedding
4) Jake understands music - we literally told him we need "1920's music", he picked the playlist and not only wowed us but we had a lot of feedback from our guests how great the music was. Jake was able to tell us what will "actually" work for the wedding (sometimes what you think works in your head isn't the same thing as what actually works).
5) Jake was NOT cheesy - he kept the DJ talking low key, laid back, quite frankly pretty swank.
6) Jake is flexible - instead of filling out his questionnaire we gave him an excel spreadsheet and he rolled with it.
7) Jake is professional and PUNCTUAL - he arrived early on the day of to set up and didn't mind meeting us few weeks in advance to go over his equipment and lighting set up. Jake did up-lighting for us and it was exceptional - created the "English Dinner" setting/mood that we wanted.
8) Jake is also pretty good looking and really tall - added class to our wedding :) I had a lot of questions coming from female guests about him.
Will my husband and I recommend Jake? Absolutely!!! Go book him today!
Morgan · Married on 08/16/2014
Jacob Black is not your normal, corny, mic-happy wedding DJ. He is a professional, talented, music guru who will help you create the soundtrack to your perfect day if you let him. He also is an incredibly accomplished acoustic guitar (and many other stringed instruments) player, and we would highly suggest paying the extra to have him play live personalized arrangements at your ceremony.Sent on 10/11/2014