Black Horse Videography Reviews

42 | Buffalo, NY

42 Reviews for Black Horse Videography

1 User photo

Mary-Kate · Married on 09/29/2012

We were married at The Jersey Shore and spent a decent amount of time reviewing videographers samples vs prices and were wholly unimpressed. Everything we were shown reminded me of my prom video! We had met Alex on a cruise the previous year and decided to check out his site. I knew we had to have him capture our wedding.

They made the trek south without a single complaint or unreasonable request and for a more-than-reasonable price shot our wedding in a way that impresses everyone who watches the final products. Having an awesome highlight reel waiting for us when we returned from our Honeymoon was such a treat. Our friends or family who couldn't be with us that day got a great feel from it and it was so beautifully made. Coverage of the ceremony and reception was perfect.

And lastly we cannot stress to our friends enough how cool it was to have the video testimonial booth. We really didn't know what to expect/weren't sure how many people had utilized it that night but it is definitely now our favorite part of our video. Especially those who chose to be videotaped after a couple trips to the bar.

I highly highly recommend Black Horse Videography!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Beth · Married on 07/27/2012

If you are looking for the most talented video guy in the Buffalo area, then you need to hire Alex at Black Horse Video! Words cannot describe how AMAZING Alex is!! Our video is something we will have forever and Alex captured the day in the most incredible way! I cannot even imagine the editing time and work that goes into what he produced for us, truly a masterpiece. Alex is a great guy, easy to work with, great attention to detail, and lots of fun to work with! All of our guests enjoyed him as much as we did. Guests are still talking about “the best video” they have ever seen! If you are planning a wedding, and want to capture your special day forever, then Alex is the man that will do that beyond your expectations!

Sent on 01/09/2013

Alicia · Married on 06/09/2012

Videographer to the rescue!!!! After being scammed from my first videographer, Alex from Black Horse was able to video my wedding with only 8 days for him to plan. Not only was he extremely professional and nice, but I never noticed he was even at the wedding! I've been at other weddings where the videographer is all over and in the way, but Alex had great control and knew everything he was doing. I could not be happier recommending him to any other bride in need of excellent service and quality. He has a unique and creative eye while he was filming our photo shoot, and had more patience than anyone else I had seen that day! I cannot say enough how great his services are, as well as his personality and professionalism.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Kristi · Married on 05/28/2012

Alex was such a pleasure to have at our event. He was extremely professional, but still able to have fun with us. I was blown away when I saw the highlight reel that he did of my wedding. He captured such special moments that we can now cherish forever. If you are looking for a videographer, I strongly recommend Black Horse Videography. Words can't express how grateful we are to Alex. His work is beautiful, prices are very fair, and his passion for what he does comes alive in his art.

Sent on 06/12/2012

Alex and his team are simply amazing. I was married on 09/10/11. Alex and black horse were not even the people we had originally hired. We were scammed along with about 20 other couples by a company called starlite productions of Buffalo, NY. We received our raw footage in the end but I was lost as to what to do with it. I came across black horse and was intrigued enough to contact Alex. It ended up being a great thing. He was willing to work with us after explaining what happened. He met and exceeded my expectations considering he was given very poor quality footage to edit. Poor is being polite. He took what was one of the worse things to happen to my wife and I, and turned it into something great. Alex I can't thank you enough. Going on two years and we finally watched a finished video. Thanks for everything. I would recommend these guys to anyone without hesitation. Alex and his team are simply amazing. I was married on 09/10/11. Alex and black horse were not even the people we had originally hired. We were scammed along with about 20 other couples by a company called starlite productions of Buffalo, NY. We received our raw footage in the end but I was lost as to what to do with it. I came across black horse and was intrigued enough to contact Alex. It ended up being a great thing. He was willing to work with us after explaining what happened. He met and exceeded my expectations considering he was given very poor quality footage to edit. Poor is being polite. He took what was one of the worse things to happen to my wife and I, and turned it into something great. Alex I can't thank you enough. Going on two years and we finally watched a finished video. Thanks for everything. I would recommend these guys to anyone without hesitation.

Sent on 02/28/2014

Barry · Married on 06/18/2011

Blackhorse Videography shot our wedding in June. The entire experience was flawless. Alex (owner and chief videographer) met with us a couple times before the wedding in order to get details from us that would help him not only capture the best footage, but customize the video to our specific taste. He was easy to work with, not to mention personable and professional.

He and the other videographer were great the day of the wedding. They were not intrusive to us or our guests, but still shot the key moments and events of the day beautifully.

My wife and I JUST watched the finished product. It was incredible. There was so much going on during the day that we either missed or forgot about, but Alex got it all on tape. The quality of his shots and his editing is excellent.

We both will recommend him to everyone we know who gets married in the WNY area.

Sent on 08/05/2011

Trevor · Married on 06/10/2011

Alex of Black Horse Videography is wonderful, and I wholeheartedly recommend him.

Our highlights reel was ready right after the wedding, and we got to share it with all of our guests while the fun memories were still fresh. My coworkers, who weren't even at the wedding, still talk about the highlights reel as the best wedding video they've ever seen. The full video itself is a perfect mix of humor and beauty. It captured much more than photography alone would have, including the music at our service and the speeches after dinner. His style is bright and honest, and he perfectly captured the cheerful excitement of our day.

There was actually a brief moment during our wedding planning that we considered skipping the videography, but watching Alex's work quickly convinced us otherwise. I'm so glad we made this decision, especially because my grandmother fell ill right around the time of our wedding, and couldn't make it. Thankfully, she recovered, and I'm very grateful that we were able to sit with her later and watch the video together. It meant a great deal to both of us.

Alex was very helpful during the wedding planning process. He asked us what we were looking for, encouraged us to be realistic about our timeline, and suggested some great shots we could look for. On the day of the wedding, he arrived before the photographer to set up, and was helpful throughout. When it turned out that our photographer was a little tough to deal with, Alex was infinitely patient. In fact, some of the best photos we have were the ones he snapped in between shooting film. Alex's fun and creative approach also encouraged our otherwise serious photographer to capture more of the lighthearted moments.

It is also nice to know that we were supporting a local Buffalo entrepreneur. His attentiveness, easy demeanor, and aesthetic sense were a great help to us on our wedding day, and we're so happy to have this permanent reminder of our day.

Sent on 03/11/2012

Mindy · Married on 04/16/2011

Alex (and crew) shot our April 2011 wedding and we were thrilled with the results. They showed up bright and early and captured so many parts of our busy day. We were more than pleased with our choice of videographer.

The highlight reel that Alex created is by far our favorite thing to share with our friends and family. It has snippets of the entire day put to music. It is truly a compilation of all of the best parts of the day.

The finished disc was wonderful as well, having the entire ceremony, confessional booth, and highlights of the reception. Even the cover had photos from the wedding!

It was easy to work with Alex and his crew. They were all very friendly and creative with their shots. I would definitely recommend working with Black Horse Videography. You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/28/2011

Anna M. · Married on 07/31/2010

Black Horse Videography filmed my wedding in July and I would recommend them to anyone.

They captured gorgeous footage of our day and had many creative ideas of where to film and what to put in it. They captured everything we wanted and I didnt even notice the cameras which is so important for a wedding.

They posted a highlight reel within a week of our wedding. This was such a surprise but amazing because all of our friends and family could watch it. I have watched it over 20 times and it brings tears to my eyes each time because it had all of the important moments from the day!

The sound and picture of the video is perfect. While I cannot speak to what type of camera they use, I would recomment them to anyone looking for videography services. Alex and Black Horse helped make our wedding special since we will forever have the video!!

Sent on 12/30/2010

Candice · Married on 05/23/2010

My husband and I had our wedding videotaped our wedding in May. We couldn't be more happy with the entire process. He is incredibly professional, thoughtful and organized.

The day of, he was everywhere at once. I am convinced he captured absolutely everything there was to capture- in addition, he's so friendly and warm that both of our families enjoyed his company and felt comfortable working with him. This resulted in some amazing candid and heartfelt commentary I believe another videographer would have been unable to capture.

The video is lovely and I watch it way more than I ever thought I would- and it has been an invaluable way to share the event with friends and family who could not make it. For something that we considered skipping to save money, I am so glad that we decided to tape our wedding and that we went with Alex! You seriously cannot get a better experience than Black Horse!

Sent on 12/03/2010

Rachel · Married on 08/26/2017

Black Horse Videography was amazing. Alex made us feel very comfortable and relaxed while we were filming both before the ceremony while getting ready and after with the entire wedding party. We received our wedding highlight reel less than a week after our wedding and it is amazing!! I have watched it at least 2 times every day since I got it. The quality of their video is amazing and they were able to capture so many moments perfectly while I didn't even realize they were there filming. I can't wait to receive the full length video and video photo booth videos. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/13/2017

It was lovely working with Alex on our wedding video. He did an incredible job at making our wedding video more than a recording, it has true cinematography that captivates anyone who watches it.

Andrea · Married on 07/10/2015

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Alex and the rest of Blackhorse! From the very first phone call, to all the emails, and last minute check-ins, I felt extremely comfortable and confident that they knew exactly what my husband and I were looking for in our wedding movie. The day of the wedding, they were my comedic relief as I was getting ready, one of our last pep-talks before the ceremony, and they blended so seamlessly into the day as to not distract from the wedding. True professionals in every sense of the word. Paying for most of the wedding ourselves, my husband and I wanted a videographer but were always battling with buyer's remorse. Not anymore! Blackhorse is worth every penny and more!

Sent on 04/28/2016

Black Horse Videography's reply:

Thank you so much Andrea! You and your husband were an extreme pleasure to work with and we are very happy that we helped to make your day as easy as possible!

Be as detailed as possible as to what your vision is so the videographers know, had a minor hiccup on music used in the video but everything was taken care of . When you get the video you receive a cool snack pack movie box awesome idea! Video booth is a fun way to entertain guests .

Black Horse Videography's reply:

We are sorry you experienced a hiccup in your service. We pride ourselves on providing the best service and product possible. If there is ever a problem, please bring it back and we will take care of it. We are not happy unless you are happy. If you are ever unhappy with your video, please let us know. If you are unhappy with the service we provide, please let us know how we can do better.

Alex and his team were great to work with and are definitely responsive to your requests and feedback. Our video turned out amazing!

Sent on 05/10/2016

We loved working with Alex! He really made our video true to us. Would definitely recommend working with him!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Courtney · Married on 08/05/2016

3.4
      2.0
      2.0

My video was beautiful but it took 6 months to receive it. The videographer was very hard to get a hold of and would not meet in person before the wedding. He finally called me 2 days before the wedding to discuss details which obviously was a pretty busy time to be discussing details for the first time!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Black Horse Videography's reply:

We are deeply sorry you were not satisfied with our services. Our standard turn around time for the completed projects averages 3-6 months depending on what time of the year you were married. Later wedding dates mean there are a high volume of other clients before your event. This is why we ensure that we produce a highlight reel for you to have within 1-2 weeks after your wedding day so you have something while you wait. We also keep open lines of communication through email and phone and return phone calls within one business day. We know it is a busy time to discuss details which is also why we send out an itinerary request 2 weeks in advance and then call the week of to review them as plans tend to change if we discuss them too far in advance. Again, we are saddened to hear you were unsatisfied with our customer service. We do everything we can to avoid problems like the ones described above and are sorry if you experienced anything less than quality. If you have any other problems or concerns, please feel free to contact us at 716-241-1250 or you can email our Wedding Coordinator, Amanda, at amanda@blackhorsevideography.com