Black Forest Bakery Reviews

61 Reviews for Black Forest Bakery

• Kathie

Kathie · Married on 09/29/2011

3.5

My wedding cake was beautiful and tasted wonderful. Black Forest was great to work with. They had many pictures of cakes to choose from. My cake really came out exactly as planned. As good as it was - I do think they are a bit overpriced and I wished they had tried to alleviate my fears of the color ribbon by inviting me to come see the ribbon when they got it in.

Sent on 10/02/2011

Kristyn · Married on 11/24/2010

3.4
      3.0

I can't say that I was unhappy with Black Forest, but I wasn't completely satisfied until the day of my wedding. First my paperwork was misplaced and then they didn't have my sample ready on time. But the day of my wedding they definitely delivered exactly what I ordered. I was extremely satisfied the day of my wedding and it put all the things i was worried about to rest.

Sent on 02/04/2011
  • Anna-Christina

Anna-Christina · Married on 05/29/2011

3.0

Don't get me wrong, our cake was moist, rich and delicious.

However, I was incredibly dissapointed that they forgot to place our custom wedding cake topper. Eventually, someone brought it to the reception hall but no one stayed around to secure it. Also, more flowers could have been added for the price we paid.

Sent on 06/09/2011

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2009

2.8
      2.5

Cake was delicious and looked nice. Was not exactly the design that had been picked out, and they put regular mousse instead of chocolate mousse as the filling. Was difficult to deal with them over the phone, in person they were great

Sent on 12/01/2009

2.4
      2.5

My daughter and her husband picked out the cake and fillings. I was not impressed with the cake or the fillings they had no taste!

Sent on 08/22/2013
  • Z

Zana · Married on 08/14/2010

3.5

My husband an I went there personally and asked the woman who was suppose to make our cake to make the cake in a certain way but she did not. I wanted a white cake with blue ribbons and red roses I got white cake with green ribbons and yellow roses I was very disappointed.

Sent on 11/26/2011

Sheila · Married on 08/29/2008

1.8
      1.0

The Black Forest Bakery had been our first choice in bakerys to work with for our wedding. I setup
    a meeting to go in and after driving 40mins. to get there, the women wasn't even in. They were all
    very rude and did nothing to make you feel special. The samples they made took forever and when
    I picked them up they weren't right. After the remade them WEEKS later they still were not what I
    asked for so we decided it wasn't worth the aggrivation! Just because they are a big name doesnt mean
    they should be able to get away with terrible service!

Sent on 04/11/2009

1.4
      1.0

Just... No. There are plenty of bakeries on LI, definitely go somewhere else where you'll get more for your money and be treated better. We scheduled a tasting for our wedding which is $25 and must be paid in advance. We go to the tasting and are seated in a dark area (no lighting available, we asked) with the rude manager who was obviously pressed for time..answering phone, directing employees etc during our visit. On the phone I had selected 3 cake flavors to taste in ADDITION to the standard choc/vanilla. At tasting the choc and vanilla were not on the plate and I inconvenienced her by asking for them. The cake we did taste was good. But not the cream cheese frosting-tasted chemical filled. The icing on the cake (no pun intended) was when she quoted us the astronomical price and then ten min later, realized she forgot to apply an upcharge for the square shape we requested. instead of waiving it or reducing it, she whipped out her pen and put it right in. Very unprofessional. So no thanks Black Forest; definitely not.

Sent on 11/27/2016

0.8
      0.5

My experience with the Black Forest Bakery was really crummy—I would never recommend them. When my fiancé and I went to a “tasting” the lady showed us a giant book of tacky looking cakes. When we said “we wonder what that flavor tastes like” the woman told us “its good- trust me”. I have never heard of a cake tasting where you couldn’t taste anything.
    Then, the Tuesday before my wedding I called to double check on everything. The woman on the phone told me that I “sound like a nervous bride”—all I asked was if they had everything in place and what time it would be delivered. She assured me we were all set. Then, a day and a half before the wedding they called my phone and my fiancé because they didn’t have a picture of the cake on file, even though I emailed it to them months before. Rather than calling me a nervous bride, she should have checked to make sure this picture was correctly in the file.
    Then, when we cut into the cake we were very surprised to find out that out chocolate-chocolate cake was actually vanilla. While it may not be a big deal, this is just not the cake we ordered.
    I emailed them the day after the wedding to ask to speak to someone about this and they have not responded as of a week later.
    There was nothing pleasant about working with them-- my recommendation is to find a different bakery!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Stacey · Married on 08/14/2011

0.6
      0.5

The cake designer assured us that she would be able to make our cake the way we wanted it. What we wanted was for the bottom and top tier's to resemble flames, and the middle tiers to resemble tribal tattoo design, she asked if we had stencils that we wanted to us. We certainly did, and my husband dropped them off a few months prior to the wedding. We called several times, and could not get the designer on the phone, but were assured she knew what we wanted.
    Hopefully I can upload a picture of this DISASTER. IT IS FREAKING ORANGE TIE DIE AND RETARDED SWIRLS. IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT YOU WERE DOING YOU SHOULD HAVE SAID SO, RATHER THAN RUINING OUR WEDDING CAKE!!!
    We were married on August 14th, to date, September 14th, despite numerous calls to the bakery, we have received no response, and are met with rude employees who will not take a message. This is the absolute WORST bakery I have ever, ever, had the displeasure of working with, and would not recommend them to my worst enemy.
    I honestly hope that one day someone ruins your wedding, or the wedding of someone close to you, the way that you ruined ours, you rude, selfish people!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Keri · Married on 05/24/2009

0.0

We met with Black Forest Bakery since they were the bakery that our reception hall recommended. A basic cake from this bakery was included with our reception hall package. We went to the bakery and met with someone in person who was very nice. We picked out a gorgeous looking cake from a photo book and contracted them to make our wedding cake. We paid $300 extra for things that weren't included from our reception hall. We were supposed to be getting a white and purple cake with stripes and polka dots on it. We were so excited about the cake that we told all of our family and friends and they couldn't wait to see it. When we walked into the reception hall and saw our cake it was all white. NO PURPLE AT ALL! It was pretty but not at all what we had paid for or wanted. I was very disappointed but was not going to let it ruin my day. When we tried to contact the bakery after the wedding they would not return our phone calls. I would definitely not recommend this bakery to anyone. At least if you messed up - apologize. They're just lucky that I'm not some bridezilla.

Sent on 06/19/2009