Black Forest Bakery Reviews

61 | Lindenhurst, NY

61 Reviews for Black Forest Bakery

• Denise

Denise · Married on 09/09/2006

Tommy made us a one of a kind custom cake that made a big hit at our wedding! It was the most delicious cake ever!

Sent on 08/09/2008

Beth · Married on 07/07/2006

Our cake was fabulously beautiful. In the two and a half years since our wedding, we still have not seen a nicer cake at any wedding!

Sent on 11/24/2008

Alex · Married on 03/13/2004

We wanted gourmet cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake and the these guys nailed it. They made the most amazing cupcakes we've every had. The fondant was outrageous.

Sent on 11/24/2008
  • Mrs. A

Jennifer · Married on 11/16/2013

The cake was beautiful and delicious. They forgot to put flowers on the top tier, but quite honestly it was still pretty (maybe prettier)-it was so so delicious too.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Jillian · Married on 06/11/2011

The Larkfield Manor uses this bakery for their weddings. I can see why. The cake was delicious, people got up to get seconds and thirds. Their strawberry and cannoli filled buttercream frosting cake was perfect. Thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2011
  • Joliemojo

Marjorie · Married on 09/06/2008

They were wonderful I described the theme of our wedding and they design a beautiful cake. I never liked butter cream icing but man they changes my mind on that one

Sent on 10/17/2008

Liz · Married on 09/12/2009

Our cake was provided to us by our hall but we had to go to the bakery to pick out what we wanted. We felt sort of limited in the choices we had but that's probably because the hall pays for it. However, we always wanted a rainbow cookie cake and for a good price, we were able have half of the cake with a rainbow cookie inside. When we cut our cake and took that first bite, it was like heaven! Our guests were so surprised at the uniqueness of our cake and at how delicious it was.

Sent on 10/18/2009

Rebecca · Married on 08/31/2008

This is the Bakery for our catering hall so the cake was included in the price for the guests so I guess you wouldn’t expect too much. Boy we were wrong! The staff from The Black Forest Bakery were easy to deal with and did just what we asked for. The cake was beautiful and absolutely delicious!! It was yellow cake with half cannoli cream and half chocolate mousse filling. They used buttercream frosting which I was worried would look messy but it didn’t! The frosting was an off white color with white swirls around the top of each layer and white beads around the bottom – it wound up matching my dress perfectly which was a great but we didn’t necessarily plan for that!! It was sooo delicious – we can’t wait to eat it again on our first anniversary!!

Sent on 09/05/2008

Colleen · Married on 02/29/2008

Our cake was included with The Riviera. They did rush us a bit and overcharged us for adding flowers. They really, really wanted us to upgrade to fondant but we refused. Aside from that, the ordering was easy. Our cake exceeded my expectations visually but, even better, it tasted delicious!!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2008
  • U

Barbara · Married on 04/01/2005

Get the Black Foret cake with buttercream frosting for your wedding cake...it is unbelieveable!

Sent on 06/03/2008

Veronica · Married on 10/08/2010

The cake came out beautifully. The price of the cake was included in our package from the Coral House but we wanted a custom cake. We brought a picture and they were able to match the cake beautifully. We requested a tasting of the cake though and the girl gave us a really hard time about even providing one type of cake for our tasting. The cake we went with wasn't bad but it could have been better and we should have been had the opportunity to try both of our flavor selections but we only got one after we had to demand to taste it.

Sent on 10/10/2010
  • Lauren K

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2013

3.5

We went to Blackforest on a random weekday that I took off in April ’13. I had called several times and they told us that we had plenty of time. We ended up going very unprepared – forgot our pictures, etc (so unlike us!). When we arrived, the lady at the regular bakery part was sort of rude…. And then our meeting with the baker was a little odd- mostly because we were clueless. However, we tried 3 cakes and 3 or 4 fillings and they were sooo yummy!! We chose choc cake w/ cookies & crème filling and vanilla cake w/ cappuccino filling. We were disappointed to find out pretty much EVERYTHING costs extra (but understood why!) We ended up only upgrading the flowers – which didn’t cost too much and they came out WAY better than we even expected!! The night of the wedding, I got the chocolate cake… but ran around to find someone’s plate that I could steal bites of the vanilla off of!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Mara · Married on 09/01/2013

A cake was included with my wedding package at Timber Point and we had a choice of two vendors. Originally I had wanted to go with the other vendor, but after meeting Christina at the Timber Point Bridal Expo and tasting their samples, I decided to go with Black Forest. Considering I didn't have to pay any extra, the cake was an incredible value. I prefer the taste of buttercream, so we didn't upgrade to fondant. I also make sugar flowers and decorate cakes as a hobby, so I made my own flowers for the cake. Their shop has a separate consultation room and they review the designs with you. They also provided samples for us to taste, though they didn't have one of the fillings I wanted to try. The cake was really delicious and moist. We chose the chocolate pudding and cappuccino mousse- I thought the pudding was better in our actual cake. The black cherry filling was also really good, though we didn't choose it. The only issues I had were fairly minor, considering how happy I was with my cake. I had asked for cornelli lace within a scalloped edge, and instead they just made the entire tier in cornelli lace. It looked great, but considering how many times I discussed it and the consultant wrote it down, I would have thought they would have gotten it right. It was great the way they did it, so I didn't mind at all, and considering the size of the cake, it may have been better. The only other thing was on the cornelli lace, they didn't attach some of the strings to the cake and they came off the cake in lines. It just looked a bit sloppy in that section, so they didn't use it as the front. I did notice this was an issue in some of their photos during our consultation, so it may be something to be aware of if ordering that design. Our middle tier was a different design and it was executed beautifully. Overall, I was very happy with the cake, the quality of the taste and the incredible value as part of our catering package.

Sent on 09/06/2013

Jeannette · Married on 11/03/2012

As part of my contract with my reception hall I received a cake from Black Forest Bakery. They were very helpful in picking a design and flavors on our first visit. The day of our cake was exactly what I had imagined and the taste was amazing. I didn't give a full 5.0 rating for 2 reasons. I called the bakery closer to my day to give my final headcount and was told they were busy and that I should call back. Also, I had ordered the top tier of the cake to be different flavors than the rest of the cake. We already cut into our top tier and it was the same flavors as the rest of the cake. Still tasted good but not want we picked out for our tier. Glad I didn't wait a full year to find out it was not the cake we ordered.

Sent on 12/05/2012

I received my wedding cake through Larkfield Manor, but they use this bakery. Although I didn't get to eat the cake on my wedding day, many of the guests kept telling me how good it tasted. The only thing I was upset about was I asked for navy ribbon on each layer of the cake, and the ribbon they ended up using was way too dark and looked black. But other than this minor issue, I would recommend them!

Sent on 03/18/2013
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 12/03/2011

Delicious, but few people ate it because there were so many people dancing. Our cake from this bakery was included in the cost of my venue so that was awesome.

I was a little surprised because people who posted pictures of my wedding on Facebook included pictures of their cake and it was vanilla, whereas my cake and the cake I ordered was supposed to be all chocolate. I'm not sure what happened there but I wasn't too happy about that.

Also, we were unhappy that we were not offered samples when we booked this vendor.

Sent on 12/19/2011

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2008

3.5

As part of our catering package with Timber Point Country Club in Great River, NY, our wedding cake was included in the price of the meal. Black Forest Bakery was the bakery that they used. I contacted them to set up a cake appointment. While they were busy, we quickly worked out the details since we already knew that we wanted a cupcake wedding cake and vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. For a small additional cost, we added sugar flowers on top that were our wedding colors (blue and green).

The cupcakes looked amazing in their tiers and they tasted SO good. Everyone was so excited to have cupcakes, especially the kids. We had many leftover and kept eating them all weekend long. And they still tasted amazing.

I would recommend using them as a bakery for your wedding cake.

Sent on 12/09/2008

Katherine · Married on 10/29/2006

3.0

Their cake was part of my bridal package at the Coral House, So I was dissapointed not being able to taste test the diff cakes. Nor was I thrilled by the decor of the cake, I'm sure if I had went there to book the cake myself it would have turned out differently in looks. But the taste of it was incredible!!!!! I'm not a cake fan but they definitely know how to make a delicious cake, which is so often neglected for it's looks. We did the traditional thing of saving the top layer for our once year anniversary in the freezer and let me tell you I thought it was going to taste hideous, but it tasted just as good as it did on our wedding day!!!! For our second anniversary I'm ordering a mini wedding cake from them, it was too good not too.

Sent on 09/03/2008

Toni · Married on 10/30/2011

3.5

My cake had a simple black design on each layer and as requested, they put dripping “blood” on it! ...The problem was, they must have used real stage blood like the kind sold in Halloween stores because if you got it in your mouth you immediately tasted it and it was DISGUSTING!!!!!!!! I figured they would have used food coloring!
    We didn’t have the time or energy to get too specific with the bakery. We wanted a red velvet cake. I think the frosting was a whipped cream instead of a cream cheese that usually goes with red velvet…but what can ya do? They did a good enough job!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Lauren · Married on 10/14/2006

3.5

All I have to say is YUMMY!!!! Their cakes are really something else! They worked hard to give us what we wanted. Our cake looked very nice and tasted great. The only drawback we had with them was that it was very hard to get an appointment for a tasting, and when we finally got an appointment and showed up for our tasting, they had lost our reservation, but agreed to accommodate us anyway.

Sent on 04/26/2009

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2008

Our package at the Bayview House included the cake. We were 100% happy with how our cake looked and tasted but did not find out till the day of our wedding. We never had a tasting how other bakeries do so we were a little nervous. In the end it all worked out and we were happy.

Sent on 04/30/2009

Jeannette · Married on 05/18/2012

3.0

The cake came out beautiful. The girl who assisted us I felt was distracted and not too interested in assisting. My friend and I looked though a lot of books with pictures and took bits and pieces from a few different cakes to create what I was looking for. I picked 2 different fillings but was never offered a sample of what they would taste like....that was their biggest downfall. Thankfully, the cake was tasty and looked great.

Sent on 09/01/2012
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 11/09/2008

4.2

We didn't give a 5 on Quality of Service or Professionalism only because we didn't feel very woo'd by the vendor - no tastings, very business-as-usual, sat us down and tried to get us to check what we wanted on a box of pre-fab options (though they reacted fine when we said we wanted something more unique, and that we knew what we wanted). However, the cake was DELICIOUS (can't wait to eat the top next year!!!), they did the unique touches we wanted exactly right, and everyone commented on how beautiful it was. Value for Cost wasn't a 5 because we wanted a handful fresh raspberries strewn around the cake, and they charged us $40!!! However, this was STILL less than a competitor wanted to charge us, and it was out of season, so whatever. They did what we wanted, it was beautiful, it was delicious. I want a piece of our wedding cake right now.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Christina · Married on 09/21/2007

3.5

This bakery was included with our reception hall, the cake was absolutely delicious. They were very flexible with us and even allowed us to choose two different filling and alternate the layers. Thye also let you taste test!

Sent on 10/04/2008

3.0

I have no complaints, the cake for my wedding was delicious and it looked beautiful! I just wish the staff was a little friendlier when you call the bakery.

Sent on 10/26/2012