Black Forest Bakery Reviews

61 | Lindenhurst, NY

61 Reviews for Black Forest Bakery

Amy · Married on 09/13/2013

Loved my wedding cake and so did my guests!!! Larkfield Manor gave me 2 bakery options for my wedding cake. I tasted the other bakery at a showcase and it was terrible. I then went to Black Forest and did a cake tasting, simply put their cakes are amazing! We couldn't leave our cake tasting without purchasing the same type of cake as our wedding cake LOL (marble). It was incredible! You need to try this bakery! You will not be disappointed. Many of our guests are not a fan of wedding cake but told us that they loved ours!! They said it actually didn't taste like a typical bakery cake. I will definitely be taking the drive to Black Forest Bakery for all my future cakes!

The cake was part of our package at the Larkfield Manor.. My husband and I went to Black Forest early on a Saturday morning to choose our cake. They had some many photo albums filled with the most beautiful cakes.. By the time I got to my fourth or fifth book my head was spinning.. Then there it was a non traditional cake, halloween cake, but classy.. I looked at my husband and said this is it.. I had my husband drop off some cake decorations about a week before the wedding that I had bought at the store, and I was so nervous that the cake was not going to look like it did in the picture.. The day of the wedding when we first walked into the reception and I saw the cake I was so excited.. It was absolutely what I wanted and more.. The cake was a hit..

KC · Married on 10/06/2012

Black Forest Bakery was a pleasure to work with! They were so accomodating and helpful as we chose our wedding cake. Their cake was part of our package from the Bourne Mansion, but I would have used them even if they weren't recommended. The chocolate chip filling was a big hit and the flower decorations came out beautifully.

Delicious and beautiful cake. Enough said :)

• Candice

Candice · Married on 06/02/2012

Black Forest was the bakery included in our package at the View. We decided to do cupcakes instead of cake and they were delicious! We also upgraded and did some seashells and starfish on top of each one, and had strawberry frosting on some. Reasonably priced for the upgrades.

Chrissy · Married on 05/19/2012

Holy smokes! My cake was the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen in my life!!! The cake was included in the catering package with the Bourne Mansion--but we made about $500 in upgrades to include fondant and lots and lots of sugar flowers. I expected the cake to be pretty, but I never expected the MASTERPIECE that Black Forest made. Thank you, Black Forest!

Jacquie · Married on 04/14/2012

Our guest, as well as ourselves loved our wedding cake! Thank you Christina for a wonderful job! It looked great and tasted wonderful!

Kathleen · Married on 03/31/2012

Our venue included our cake from Black Forest Bakery, but I can honestly say that I would have used them even if they weren't included. They were so easy to work with, have tons of photos of cakes they've previously made and made our wedding cake so beautiful. We highly recommend them!

Danielle · Married on 03/30/2012

LOVED LOVED LOVED MY CAKE! I went to Black Forest bakery to discuss what i wanted since Coral House was telling me i literally had to choose one out of 6 cakes and it had to be that exact same cake in the photo... ANYWAY i went and made an appointment with Christina shes a doll i picked out exactly what i wanted and altered the flavors for the tiers the cake came out perfect and was sooooooo good i cant wait till our 1 yr annv to have it again lol

Natalie · Married on 03/18/2012

LOVED Black Forest. When we sat with the rep, they walked us through every step of the cake planning. I was worried that it would be 'too much' so to re-assure me, the girl actually noted 'not gaudy' on the order sheet lol. When I saw the cake at the wedding, I was so pleasantly surprised. It was beautiful, elegant, and tasted amazing. Everyone at the wedding raved about the cake. Definitely use Black Forest!

Vedosi · Married on 12/31/2011

After designing and creating my brother's wedding cake (a true masterpiece), I immediately reached out to Black Forest Bakery to create my wedding cake after I got engaged. Not only are they true artist and master cake designers, they are one of the most professional, creative, thorough and dependable companies I have ever worked with (I have worked in Special Events for over 5 years).

They exceeded all my expectations when they created my dream wedding cake and I look forward to the opportunity to work with them again on other cake designs.

Lianne · Married on 12/31/2011

cake was delicious and beautiful. this was the bakery we were told to go to with Lessing's but I wouldn't have chosen anyone else if given the option.

Davone · Married on 12/23/2011

Our wedding cake was phenomenal. We setup an appnt with the bakery, specifically Christine, and they was able to meet and exceed all we had asked for in our wedding cake. It was a special shaped cake, 4 tiers, octagon shaped. The filling was chocolate cake with chocolate moose and the other tiers was canoli cake filling. It tasted amazing and they have the best fondant. Some bakeries make fondant that is too hard and not edible but Black Forest Bakery fondant was great and I was able to eat it. They also made my football cake which was a special surprise to me from my wife at the wedding. It looked great and tasted even better. I would definitely be using them again in the future.

Danielle · Married on 11/11/2011

they made the greatest cake! it was exactly what i asked for and delicious. everyone who attended my wedding is still talking about how awesome the cake looked and tasted. thank you so much

• Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/22/2011

There is not too much too say. We went in to the bakery, they helped us to design and pick out a cake that would fit into our wedding. The day of... they showed up with something straight out of a dream. It was beautiful, not over the top, simple and of course... beyond delicious! I cannot wait for our anniversary to have the topper!

Danielle · Married on 10/14/2011

Black Forest Bakery was one of the two bakeries we had to choose from as part of our reception’s package. We meet with Anne who was very helpful and friendly. They were very careful to review all the details with us to our specifications and follow through as promised. The cake was delicious and looked BEAUTIFUL!

• AngnShaun

Angela · Married on 07/16/2010

Black Forest Bakery is the house bakery for my reception hall (The Coral House)... Naturally my husband and I were the first people to taste our cake, and i was pleasantly surprised at how delicious it was. As a testament, the top teir of my cake (that should have been saved for our 1st anniversary) was half eaten by my fathe!!!

catherine · Married on 06/06/2010

Christine was great! She decorated my cake beautifully and I received soo many compliments AND it was delicious!

• Panagiota

Panagiota · Married on 05/30/2010

I sent a photograph of the cake I wanted and described the fillings and Black Forest delivered exactly what I wanted! The cake was delicious and looked even better than the photograph I sent!

• Fallon

Fallon · Married on 05/01/2010

The cake I ordered was included when I paid for my venue. But I went back and ordered a groom's cake for my husband that was all yankees and I also ordered cupcakes for a cupcake tower bc we were having lots of kids at the wedding. Everything was amazing. The cakes were absolutely gorgeous. They were so amazing, you almost didn't want to eat them. Then you ate them and you couldn't get enough lol. They were perfect and exactly how I wanted them. They worked with me to get all the cakes to look exactly how I wanted them to. I will definitely recommend them for any event not just weddings and I will be going back myself to get some more delicious goodies!

Jennifer · Married on 03/27/2010

Our wedding cake not only looked great but it tasted amazing!

Andy · Married on 01/11/2009

Tommy was fabulous he was very helpful and attentive to our questions.We had an idea of what we wanted and he added to it and designed an amazing cake.It tasted even better than it did on the day we sampled it.Highly recommended Black Forest, amazing quality and service. We'll definitely stop by their delightful location again.

Tara · Married on 10/14/2007

Our cake was BEYOND our expectations. When we went and sat with them to pick out a cake my husband said that he wanted a castle, we both cannot believe what they created for us. Everyone comments on the uniqueness of the cake and from the piece that I had smashed into my face...it was delicious!

Keriann · Married on 09/01/2007

Cake was delicious and done correctly!

Trina · Married on 06/10/2007

The cake was amazing and it combined two different fillings.. it was fondant too and totally included with Chateau La Mer! It was really beautiful! Very elegant!