Bit of Whimsy Cakes Reviews

Bit of Whimsy Cakes 5
Bit of Whimsy Cakes 6
Bit of Whimsy Cakes 7

Meredith · Married on 11/07/2015

Super yummy cake - I'm glad I referred a friend of mine so I get to eat it again, because I only got a bite of it during the cake cutting. Ordering was easy, Becky was super nice, the flavors were really unique and excellent - lemon blueberry and bananas foster especially!

Sheila · Married on 10/31/2015

Ms. Holman designed a cake for me based on my description. She created exactly what I had in mind and it was fantastic. The quality of the cake was excellent and her service was beyond my expectations. I would certainly recommend her to someone looking for the perfect wedding cake...or any cake for that matter.

Sent on 11/19/2015

We received so many compliments on our cake; not only about how beautiful it was, but about how delicious it tasted. The price was very competitive as well. GREAT VALUE!!

Sent on 01/11/2016
  • Devon

Devon · Married on 10/10/2015

Becky is fantastic with cake! The flavor options she offers are amazing, and her cakes are always gorgeous! I was able to go to her with an idea in my head and she brought it to life with our cake perfectly! Every layer was a different flavor, so we were able to have everyone enjoy a flavor they liked! She's also amazing with groom's cakes! My husband wanted an airplane and it came out awesome! She's super professional and all around awesome! :)

Kimberly Hurst · Married on 09/26/2015

Becky can create your dream wedding cake. I had a three tier square wedding cake, cupcakes, and grooms cake. I absolutely love Pink Champagne with the Raspberry Filling and the Orange Cream with the Creamsicle Icing.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Rebecca · Married on 08/08/2015

Becky was a blessing from the moment we met her. She was willing to listen to what I wanted for my cake, and transform it in to a reality. Our biggest concern was allowing the cake to sit in the non air conditioned airplane hangar that held both the ceremony AND the reception, but Becky was amazing! She accommodated delivering the entire cake/cupcake order in the small amount of time between the ceremony and reception.
    In addition, the cake and cupcakes were not only beautiful, but absolutely delicious!! I still have people asking me where they can find Becky and the heavenly lemon-blueberry cupcakes!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Lauren · Married on 08/08/2015

Becky was so helpful through the whole process. We met her and her husband at a bridal fair and instantly loved the bananas foster cake. It is delicious! Once we tried all the other flavors we couldn't choose just one. We decided on a variety of cupcakes in almost every flavor they offer. We also had an AMAZING grooms cake made by Bit of Whimsy Cakes. It was a life-size standing electric guitar. It was the hit of the wedding. Everyone still compliments our cake and cupcakes almost 6 months after the wedding. Thank you Bit of Whimsy! Your cake was just as delicious as it was beautiful! I could not be more satisfied with our cakes. 5 stars!!

Sent on 01/15/2016
  • User6196602 · 2+ years ago

I can not say enough about Bit of Whimsy! She made the cake for my wedding in Lexington, at the end of July. That's a 30 minute drive at least, and it was burning up but you'd never know it, the cake looked perfect.
    We didn't have a SINGLE PIECE LEFT! The cake was the hit of the wedding. Our main layer was Strawberry, then Lemon and finally, for the groom, French Toast. Excellent value as well! I have already suggested Bit of Whimsy to three other brides. She also makes gluten free cakes that taste really good! Which from what I've heard is a difficult task. Highly recommend and truly believe Bit of Whimsy is 5/5! Book her!

Ashley · event on 06/29/2015

Cake was so cute. She is very talented and makes her cake a true piece of art. She has many different flavors and icing to choose from.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Adrienne · Married on 06/13/2015

Bit of Whimsy made our wedding cake and groom's cake for our ceremony. They were both amazing and exactly as we imagined them! My husband is a huge show fanatic (Jordans) and she was able to create a Jordan cake with the shoe, box, and matching hat just from pictures that I texted her of his actual shoes and hat; it was amazing! All our guests raved about both the cakes and how delicious they were!

Bit of Whimsy made this particular aspect of the wedding planning process so easy! I would highly recommend them for any event!

Katie · Married on 05/30/2015

Bit of Whimsy Cakes literally turned my dream wedding cake into reality. Her work was not only beautiful, it was also delicious! Numerous guests came up to my husband and I to tell us how much they enjoyed it, many guests actually went for seconds! Our grooms cake was a great talking piece! I can't thank Bit of Whimsy enough, you can not go wrong with them!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Katelyn · Married on 05/16/2015

Becky was very professional and easy to work with. We had a cake consultation first so she could get an idea of what I wanted. The final product was amazing! We had a marble cake with white icing. It was delicious! She did such a great job of decorating our cake. I would recommend Bit of Whimsy Cakes to everyone!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Carly · Married on 10/04/2014

You cannot go wrong choosing Bit of Whimsy Cakes for your wedding! Not only are her cakes DELICIOUS but they are absolutely beautiful! I don't think there is a job that she couldn't tackle. I couldn't have asked for a better experience from the cake tasting up to the day of our wedding! I would highly recommend for all of you special occasions!

Sent on 01/23/2016

Katherine · Married on 12/14/2013

Becky created such an amazing cake! Never would I have dreamed that I could have such a gorgeous cake AND have it taste sooo heavenly! My husband, guests and I are still talking about it. She worked with us through multiple designs and clarifications. She truly outdid herself and we felt that we really didn't pay her enough for the value of our beautiful cake. You can't go wrong with her!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Ashley · Married on 05/05/2012

Cake was beautiful! Each layer had a different flavor. She was so easy to work with and will go out of the way to make sure your event is perfect!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Stephanie · Married on 05/27/2017

Becky was absolutely fabulous to work with. She was so easy to communicate with and so talented. We were so pleased with the wedding cake and the groomsman cake. They were both incredible!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Abby · Married on 09/15/2018

3.0
      3.5
      3.5
      2.0
      2.0

The cake and the cupcakes were delicious! However, the flexibility/customer service could have some room of improvement.

Sent on 10/01/2018

Bit of Whimsy Cakes's reply:

I am very sorry that you were unhappy with our customer service. I can only assume you are referring to the issues with returning the cupcake stand. However, you did sign a contract that said you were responsible for returning it to me within 4 days. And you also knew that I was located 40 minutes from your venue. I did contact you several days before the wedding to make arrangements for the return, which you were unable to provide at that time. I apologize for the inconvenience, but you agreed to the terms of the contract which were spelled out clearly.