85 Reviews for Bishop Farm

Aisle Markers (1)
Dance Floor (1)
Drapery (1)
Furniture (1)

When my engaged step-daughter first announced her plans for a "destination wedding" more than two hours from home, I was initially dismayed. Mostly because she had also asked me to do the dessert table at the reception and traveling with baked goods can be a daunting task! How glad I am now that she followed her instincts and chose the Bishop Farm!
From our arrival the day before the wedding until our departure the day after the wedding, our stay at the farm was nothing short of delightful! The grounds were beautifully maintained and the buildings were filled with incredible antique finds from across the country and displayed in a perfect 'shabby chic' way. That being said, I must emphasize that what makes this place truly amazing is the owners: Heather, Annie, Dan, their Mom, Martha and their niece, Maggie. They were unbelievable! First of all, they remembered everyone's names after only being introduced once (and we were a big wedding party). Second, they bent over backwards to make sure everyone had everything they needed to make this wedding perfect. As I mentioned previously, I was in charge of the dessert table and still had some last minute prep work to do on the day of the wedding. The kitchen area was graciously handed over to me as soon as breakfast was done and I was allowed to take over the whole space with Martha there to provide me with bowls, utensils...whatever I needed that I hadn't thought to bring from home! I ended up feeling more like family than a guest at their venue! The wedding itself was perfect and went off without a hitch, mostly because of the attention to detail that the Salter family provides. Everyone who attended was impressed with the venue and the quality of service. Some of us stayed in the rooms in the main house and I have to say it was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in away from home! A very nice breakfast was provided for us each morning and the true star of that meal is Martha's quiche...incredible!!

Profile Picture Linda, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

"Above and beyond" does not even begin to describe the Salter family and Bishop Farm. From the moment we booked the venue, they constantly reached out to ask questions, provide input, and give us any and all support we might need. This was especially helpful as my husband and I were planning from across the country; we never once felt panicked or stressed because the planning was in such good hands. They thought of everything --- details I would never have even considered --- and it truly showed. We had our dream wedding and it could not have happened without Annie, Heather, Maggie, Danny, Martha :), and all of the other team members who put it all together. Don't even get me started on the "Pinterest Barn", which has every decoration/detail you could imagine! We spent Thursday to Monday at the farm, taking a day after our wedding to relax and take in the gorgeous setting. The family even helped us coordinate transportation home, dropping us off in Littleton!

I cannot say enough about this venue, because it is so much more than a venue. It was an unbelievable experience, start to finish, and we have been reliving it ever since. I would highly recommend Bishop Farm to anyone.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Words can't even explain how truly magical this place is. This venue is a piece of heaven with rustic charm and elegance, but such a laid back atmosphere at the same time. This was the first and only venue we looked at. The grounds are like something out of a post card and the ceremony/reception barn will leave you speechless. From the moment we booked the Salter family made us feel like we were part of their family. Heather, Annie, Maggie and Dan were all so amazing from the moment we arrived to the goodbye tears as we were leaving. The farm has 6 cottages that lead to an amazing fire pit surrounded with bench swings. That's not all! The farmhouse/B&B has 7 rooms and so many common areas so you and your family/bridal party can enjoy the entire weekend together! Everything was very easy once we booked. They have so many great recommended vendors and a timeline to go by that made our planning so easy and stress free. It honestly felt like we had known all of our vendors for years! Everything about the wedding was so perfect. The Salter family literally took care of everything; I was not stressed one bit. They even gave me a walkie talkie to keep me updated on everything while I was getting hair and make up done! The moment the ceremony started the entire night was a dream. Our guests were blown away and kept asking us how we found this place?! Everything came together so perfectly. As bittersweet as it was for it to end, we wouldn't change one thing about the entire weekend. We will be looking for any opportunity to go back to the farm and would recommend this place to every couple! It is truly like a destination wedding without having to get on a plane. Thank you Bishop Farm and the Salter family for making our dream wedding day come true. If you're looking for the PERFECT wedding please look at the venue!You will NOT be disappointed!!!!!! We love you guys!

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Accommodations, In-House Bar, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Barware, Glassware, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Indoor, Scenic Views

Amazing venue & The amazing Salter Family...whose professionalism is superb...my daughter's wedding was above & beyond what we even imagined....we had the "best of the best" ...recommend this venue 100%

Profile Picture Marlene, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A huge “thank you” to the Salter ladies and Bishop Farm staff for making our wedding weekend perfect! I could go on and on about how beautiful Bishop Farm is--it was the most gorgeous setting for our early October wedding. Beyond it being a truly stunning venue, which you can clearly see in the photographs here and on their social media accounts, it is also wonderfully unique. Between the stained glass windows in the ceremony barn and the striking chandeliers in the reception barn, Bishop Farm offers a magical backdrop.

What initially drew us to Bishop Farm during our venue search were the onsite accommodations. We knew we wanted our wedding party and parents to stay onsite with us to create this giant slumber party atmosphere for the weekend, and we were not disappointed. It was so much fun to have everyone together. Additionally, in our venue search, we wanted to avoid venues that we perceived as “wedding factories”—spaces that didn’t feel unique, intimate, or personal. When we found Bishop Farm and visited, we knew that the old farm feel and vintage décor touches would completely eclipse other barn venues—our decision was made, and Bishop Farm was where we wanted to get married!

As a somewhat nontraditional bride and someone who doesn't find joy in planning large-scale events, I am so thankful to have had Heather and Annie with me every step of the way. They offered suggestions and guidance whenever I was overwhelmed with the sheer amount of choice and number of decisions to be made. Like so many people have said in their reviews, the Salter ladies have the wedding business down to a science. They know their venue. They know what works in it. More importantly, though, they know what won’t work, and they know how to communicate that to you while offering suggestions. They go above and beyond to make your wedding weekend easier for you, working tirelessly to finish the to-do list so you can enjoy time with friends and family.

Thank you, Bishop Farm!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Not only is Bishop Farm picturesque and charming, Heather, Annie, Maggie and their staff are incredible! They are
so very talented, attentive, creative, warm and friendly. Their attention to detail is remarkable and our daughter's wedding was seamless! My daughter and I planned this wedding weekend with me living in Michigan (and my daughter in Massachusetts), so there was always the question of how things would fit together but Heather and Annie made it so easy and never complained about our MANY phone calls and emails! We held our ceremony in the breathtaking chapel and our reception in the main barn. The setting was like a dream and there were many props and decorative items available at the farm to compliment the surroundings. I can't tell you how many compliments we received from family and friends about the beautiful setting, the attention to detail and for those that stayed on the farm, the lovely accommodations.

Profile Picture Jean , 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake

There are not enough words to explain how magical our wedding weekend was. Bishop Farm is one of the most spectacular wedding venues I have seen. It's beautiful location in the white mountains is the perfect spot for getaway, the access to the "pinterest pantry" saved us TONS on decorations, and all of our closest family and friends had the ability to stay with us on the property. What really makes Bishop Farm special is the Salter Family, Heather, Annie and Maggie. They are a well oiled machine, hard working, and genuine. They go above and beyond any expectation, are extremely accommodating, and are the ones responsible for making all the magic happen. Our wedding was perfect!

Profile Picture Niki , 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Heather, Annie and Maggie did an outstanding job with my daughters wedding. Some immediate attributes that come to mind are their energy, professionalism, positive outlook, ease in doing business with and attention to detail. The customer experience was excellent. Experience Matters and these ladies have it. I would work with them again and I am not sure I would change a thing as they did an outstanding job exceeding our expectations.

Profile Picture Greg, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Best Wedding Venue hands done!!! My husband and I fell in love with Bishop when attending a wedding in October 2015. We have been to so many different venues for weddings and this one blew them all away. We decided if we ever got married it would absolutely have to be here. We got engaged less than a year later and booked the venue for September 2017. We can't say enough nice things about this place!! On top of the venue being so charming and gorgeous, the Salter family who own it are the most welcoming, loving, and amazing people you will ever meet. They are top notch and go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect and you have the Best day ever!! I never once felt a bit of stress during any of the planning process or during any part of the wedding due to their hard work. Every guest said it was the absolute best wedding they have ever attended! It was truely a fairytale wedding that we can't stop thinking about and want to relive everyday!

Profile Picture Missy, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We cannot say enough great things about Bishop Farm and the Salter family. Everything was fantastic. We stayed at their beautiful property beginning Wednesday the week of our wedding. They helped guide us through everything we needed to do to make the decorations look great. There were so many things that we would never have thought of and the Salters were there to guide us through it and made the venue look even more spectacular than it already does. And whenever we had family and friends swinging by the property, the Salters went above and beyond, helping finish decorations while we were able to spend time with our friends and family. It was absolutely amazing. I wish we could post the pictures here from our wedding because the place looked absolutely incredible. It was also an incredibly fun set up to allow all of our immediate families to stay on the site. It made an unbelievably fun week even better. And the breakfasts on Saturday and Sunday morning were delicious. I cannot speak highly enough about Bishop Farm and the Salter family. If you are thinking about having a weeding here, do not hesitate, you will be ecstatic with your decision.

Profile Picture Brian, 8/12/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I attended a friend's wedding as a bridesmaid and loved this place! Not only is the location just gorgeous, but the venue itself has been thoughtfully renovated with many beautiful touches, and the staff was amazing. By the end of the weekend, I felt as though the staff were family. They were so accommodating and kind, as well as very professional and on top of every detail. Some weddings feel thrown together, but with the staff at Bishop Farms I heard several guests (including myself) say that it went off without a hitch and it was as though the ran things as a well oiled machine, but without it even being noticeable. I would hold any event here in the future with the location and staff - you'll be in the best, most capable hands!

Profile Picture Ariele, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

There is no better place to get married! I can't begin to say how wonderful the family is that runs this venue. Heather and Annie are a great team and really know how to make each person they meet feel special. I don't think our wedding would have gone so flawlessly if they hadn't been there to guide us through the process. Not only is the location and accommodations spectacular, but Maggie makes one of the best breakfasts I've ever had. so many of our guests asked how I found such a beautiful venue and are now try to find ways to use it themselves. If you are looking for the perfect place to have a wedding or any other event you have found it with Bishop Farm.

Profile Picture Maren, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I had our wedding last weekend at Bishop Farm. It was more than what we could ever ask for. Not only are the ceremony and reception sites beautiful and the rooms comfortable, but the people who run the venue are some of the best people we have ever met. Heather, Annie and Maggie went above and beyond to make our day the most special it could be. They handled any complications that arose quickly and quietly, helping us to enjoy the event without interruption. Their attention to detail was amazing! Many of our guests commented on how the venue helped to make this wedding one of the best ones they have ever attended. We loved this venue and would recommend it to anyone who wants an amazing and memorable weekend.

Profile Picture Leighanna, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

What an amazing event! As mother of the bride, I can't say enough about the quality of service and attention to detail the Salter family provides. They treat you like part of their family, yet at the same time maintain the utmost degree of professionalism. Their experience shows in that they anticipate every need and respond in kind. They were a joy to work with! The venue itself was beautiful, the cottages perfect for our wedding party. Many guests told me the wedding deserved a 10 out of 10, and I didn't receive one complaint. I'll stop here, but could go on and on.

Profile Picture Cathy, 8/5/17, 1 Review

My husband and I had a magical wedding experience! Along with with my husband and I, our guests were wowed with a Heather and Annie's attention to detail and also making sure that all of our guests were having a great time! My kids couldn't stop talking about the time they had, and Maggie's homemade breakfasts made it feel like home....we couldn't imagine a better place to have a wedding!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

A huge success for the wedding for our Son and his Wife. We were treated with professionaism and catered to for our every need. The wedding was beautiful although we had severe downpours right before and during the ceremony, the Team was resilient and focused. We felt like we were all family together making the best of it. They stood in the rain to accodate the vendors and stuck to the plan. The Team at Bishop Farm was Non-Stop and still took time to listen, and enjoy the event with us. We highly reccomend the Venue for anyone looking for a beautiful event. The facility including the B&B was well decorated and clean. Homecooked Breakfast was great. It was an experience we wil never forget. Thank You for making the day so Special for our Kids and family.

Profile Picture Regina, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From beginning to end, top notch

Profile Picture Nikki, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Annie, Heather, and Maggie are absolutely the best in the business. From our early arrival straight through to our departure on Sunday, they were attentive and thoughtful. It was better than we ever could've dreamed. They helped us with all the last minute details (like tagging all of our favors) and treated it with the same respect if it was their own wedding. We will forever recommend bishop farm to anyone that will listen. If you want a dream wedding it's the only place to go.

Profile Picture Laura, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We decided to plan our wedding up in the quiet mountains, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We are SO happy that we did! The minute we arrived at Bishop Farm, we were in love. Everything is kept so pristine, and the grounds are just beautiful. Heather and Annie Salter were the most kind and down to earth people, that I immediately felt a sense of calm while there. I knew it was where we needed to get married. We were able to have all of our wedding party and parents stay on the property for the weekend. This worked out perfectly and everyone LOVED their rooms. Everyone gathered for Maggie's delicious breakfast every morning in the Farmhouse. The Salter Family truly made our family feel at home. This was so important to us and we can't thank them enough for being who they are.
Our wedding day was like a dream. Heather and Annie have a system down and are so organized, so everything went perfectly. The Reception Barn was absolutely gorgeous. Then there was the Chapel Barn...I cannot say enough about this beauty!! It was what made me fall in love in the first place, it's honestly breathtaking.
Our family and friends are still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever been to! This wedding venue is as good as it gets, and it will be something very different than most of your wedding guests have ever been to. We can't thank the Salter family enough for everything they did to make our wedding day magical.
-Mariessa & Mike Cammarata (6/3/2017)

Profile Picture Mariessa, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The entire Salter family makes you feel right at home. We planned our wedding in less than 6 months and I never felt too stressed because Heather and Annie were always right there to answer any questions. The cottages and farm house was SO cute, the beds were super comfortable and breakfast each morning was delicious. As a bride I loved being able to see the day come together as I got ready. Heather and Annie were always open to any creative ideas I had and would alway offer advice which was super helpful. The entire staff made the whole weekend run smoothly. All of our vendors had been to Bishop Farm before and would rave about working with Heather and Annie. Not only are you paying for the most gorgeous ceremony space, reception venue, and cute cocktail hour area but your paying for Bishop Farm's expertise. This is a well oiled machine the Salter Family has on their hands and that alone is worth every penny!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I couldn't imagine my wedding being anywhere else. The entire Salter family were more than welcoming and helpful; they can't do enough for you to ensure that your day is beyond perfect. I honestly felt like I spent the weekend with all family. Every little thing about Bishop Farm is so beautiful. On our wedding day, it torrentially down poured and even snowed that night but for some reason it made Bishop Farm more stunning. I couldn't thank them enough for making our day perfect. I definitely found it more bitter than sweet when we were leaving on Sunday. I felt like we were saying goodbye to family and were unsure when we would see them again. There is without a doubt no better place to get married than Bishop Farm.

Profile Picture Natasha, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Bishop Farm was our dream wedding venue! It's the perfect combination of rustic elegance in the heart of the White Mountains. The grounds and accommodations are family owned and beautifully maintained. It's obvious the Salter sisters put their heart and soul into what they do in order to make their clients visions come to life. Heather & Annie were so positive and helpful throughout the whole process - quick to answer any questions and always pleasant to chat with.Their mother Maggie makes everyone feel right at home serving up a delicious breakfast on the weekends for those staying on the grounds.

We chose our photographer, musician, caterer, salon and shuttle service from their preferred vendor list and they were all wonderful! Our guests had something positive to say about EVERY part of our day. We had our ceremony in the cattle barn - which was renovated into a unique chapel complete with church pews, mini ornate chandeliers and a Persian rug aisle runner. During the cocktail hour our guests enjoyed playing lawn games, eating appetizers on the deck and taking photos around the picturesque grounds. The reception barn has a "wow" factor when you enter the space with a cathedral ceiling and large crystal chandeliers. Our pictures from our wedding day came out so beautifully and we couldn't be happier! I highly recommend Bishop Farm as wedding venue for couples looking for that classy rustic feel!

Profile Picture Kerri, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Salter family is unbelievable in making your wedding weekend everything you can hope for. You have the venue to yourself for the entire weekend and all of their effort goes into you in the days leading up to the wedding. I can't imagine better people to help plan your wedding.

Profile Picture User7320820, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Not only is Bishop Farm the most beautiful setting for your special day, but I don't know how people do weddings without Heather and Annie. Those two are AMAZING! They go above and beyond! While setting up the barn, Annie went out to the woods, cut down a tree and handmade birchwood table numbers for me and Heather created a collage of pictures of me and my husband for our card table. Unbelievable! Our wedding would have been awesome anywhere, but it was UNFORGETTABLE at Bishop Farm.

Profile Picture Kaele, 10/8/16, 1 Review