Birdsong Wedding Photography Reviews

Birdsong Wedding Photography 4
Birdsong Wedding Photography 5
Birdsong Wedding Photography 6

Laurie · Married on 09/22/2012

Jess and Genie exceeded our expectations! I looked at all the photographers in the area and none of them could match the talent and value of Birdsong Wedding Photography. I loved that their work wasn't just gorgeous, it was original. From beginning to end, they were amazing to work with. Jess was always very responsive on email and talked to me on the phone several times to work out all the logistics. They really made everything low stress; I never had to worry about what they were doing or working on because I knew they had it under control and were super organized. SO many people told us how wonderful they were in terms of accommodating photo requests, being pleasant and kind, and just being so great to work with in general. Jess and Genie were 100% committed to getting awesome shots. Seeing them genuinely excited about the shots they were getting really showed how much they truly love what they do; it's not just a job to them.

When we got the pictures back, we were blown away. We had always hoped they would be good, but they were more than good. Jess and Genie put in more time than any average photographers in choosing and carefully editing each photo and it showed. They depicted our day in an original and intimate way that left a huge smile on our faces as we looked through them. The day after pictures were AMAZING. So original, creative, and beautiful. After the wedding day is over, there are so few things left to remember it by as years pass so the photos were a priority for us. We feel so honored to have such beautiful, original photos that reflect us and our day that we can cherish for years to come. The photos were magazine quality with a creative and intimate twist unlike anyone else's photos, which was the reason we chose Jess and Genie and they more than exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 01/09/2013

Jess and Genie are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Their talent and professionalism is exactly what every bride and groom dream of to document their perfect day. They make such a great team, which enables them to capture numerous happenings simultaneously, each possessing a unique eye and perspective. They are very discrete, however numerous family & friends commented on how impressed they were by them. We opted to do a second photo shoot the day after the wedding to allow us to spend less time the day of taking pictures, as well as take advantage of all of the beautiful scenery in Sedona. For this, Jess and Genie took us to the most beautiful (and off the main path) locations. They were literally willing to do whatever it took to get a great shot, which is VERY rare for photographers (most that we interviewed were more interested in the ‘minutes’ you were purchasing). Our pictures are absolutely breathtaking - they literally look like they're out of a magazine. We confidently and highly recommend them to anyone and everyone! Choose Birdsong and you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 01/14/2013

randi · Married on 08/11/2012

amazing! pictures are spectacular- i love jess and jeanie

Sent on 12/11/2012

alicia · Married on 08/03/2012

Choosing Jess and Genie to shoot our wedding was one of the easiest choices we made for our wedding. The duo was extremely talented, professional, and fun to work with on such a special occasion. Their vision for our engagement and wedding photos were completely aligned with ours, and the artistic quality that they brought to the table made all of our pictures truly incredible.

As Chicagoans, we were planning a small, destination wedding. Our ceremony was comprised of only 15 people, and each person present played a very important role in our ceremony. Jess and Genie successfully captured each moment and delivered breathtaking pictures of us, the bride and groom, but also our families and friends. The photos we received were outstanding quality, and Jess and Genie provided us so much more than what we expected! Each picture incorporated the emotion and joy of the day, along with the beauty of the location. Furthermore, we are able to easily reproduce all the images that were taken, as they provided us with several discs of all the images.

We are so thankful that Jess and Genie were able to participate in our wedding, and would not change one thing! We will always be able to remember the wonderful events of our wedding day because of their incredible talents.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2012

Let's just start by saying that Jess is amazing and incredibly talented! Jess spent ~8 hours shooting our engagement pictures in Sedona and those turned out beautiful! Jess and Genie spent all day with us at The Boulders for our ceremony/reception; they were extremely professional and flexible, fun too! We are so excited to see our wedding photos and are confident they will exceed our expectations. So now that it has been 60 days, we received our pictures and they did exceed our expectations! They are so beautiful, I cannot wait to frame my entire wedding! I honesty have no idea where to start because there are so many great shots! I think it can often be challenging to capture people outside and everyone looks so soft. It has been two weeks now since we have seen our pictures and I look at them everyday, reliving our perfect wedding! Huge thanks to Jess and Genie for capturing our wedding; we cannot wait to use you again for something in the future....not sure what but we will find a reason!

Sent on 08/30/2012

Natasha · Married on 06/02/2012

Jess and Genie are absolutely the best choice when it comes to all your wedding photography needs! They were a true help throughout our entire wedding; including our engagement and day-after sessions as well as helping to keep us and our guests relaxed on our wedding day. We will cherish our images forever because of the perfect inclusion of our family, friends, and our beautiful wedding site. They captured our day in a way we could not have possibly imagined! We now have two new friends, not just wedding photographers. Thank you Jess and Genie!

Tip for brides-to-be: please remember to offer food to your vendors! A good rule is to have food available to vendors who work for more than 4 hours on your wedding day. Don't forget to ask their food preferences also. They are working hard for you and will appreciate the gesture.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Tasha · Married on 05/06/2012

I couldn't have asked for a better photography duo! The pictures are gorgeous and really reflect the joy throughout my wedding day!

Sent on 07/28/2012

stacey · Married on 04/15/2012

Jess and Genie were so much fun to work with! It was like we have known them for years. Their professionalism is wonderful, and they got back to me with in a few hours of an email or call if not sooner. We were from out of state so it was very important we trusted them fully. Our pictures could not have been any better, we cannot wait to start putting them in frames. its going to be very hard to narrow them down to just a few.

I wish we could work with them again!

would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 05/31/2012

Chloe · Married on 03/31/2012

Jess and Genie were so amazing to work with. They arrived early in the morning to capture us getting ready and stayed all through the night. We couldn't be happier with the way the pictures turned out. They were also very easy to work with. Our pictures are amazing and were recently featured in a Chicago Bridal Magazine. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Jessie Ann · Married on 03/11/2012

Should you entrust Jess & Genie with taking your wedding photos? YES!

Here's why (short answer):
    1. You will be awestruck by the photos you receive.
    2. They make the being photographed fun and stress free.

Here's the long answer why:
    Jess and Genie are by far the most professional and skilled photographers that I have worked with. They genuinely care about providing each and every client with an experience and photos that they will cherish forever. They photographed our wedding four months ago and our guests are STILL raving about how impressed they were. I am a wedding photographer, so of course the photos of our big day were one of the most important things to me, and I am awestruck by the photos we received. Jess and Genie went above and beyond our expectations in so many ways. They are truly dedicated to their work and it's obvious how much they love their job when you look at the quality of the photos they produce and the relationships they build with their clients. I am used to being behind a camera, so at first I was nervous about being photographed. But Jess and Genie became our friends and made me and my husband feel comfortable. We ended up having so much fun! Plus, we LOVE the way we look in the photos. They are pros with lighting and composition, they are constantly on the lookout for important moments to record, and they blend in to become part of the event in a very nonintrusive manner. Most importantly, they captured the emotion of our wedding in a deeply heartfelt way. My husband and I will forever be grateful that Jess and Genie helped us preserve the memories of our marriage celebration.

Sent on 07/09/2012

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/10/2012

Birdsong Wedding Photography really made our wedding day extraordinary! They really focused on us and catered to our needs as well as, incorporating all of the wedding party and our families, making us feel so comfortable and stress free. They were very flexible and were open to suggestions. Jess and Genie caught every part of our special day and more. Their photos really tell a story, our story. Birdsong Photography went above and beyond our expectations and we could not be happier. Every couple should look into Birdsong Wedding Photography if they want an intimate, stress free photography session for their wedding day!

Sent on 06/13/2012

Matthew · Married on 01/21/2012

I highly recommend Birdsong photography (Jess and Genie) for your wedding.
    Jess and Genie are both very professional and very talented photographers. In this day and age it takes more than that though, and this is where Jess and Genie excel. They are always very quick to respond to phone or email questions, they meet the timelines agreed upon, and they deliver a product that is above and beyond what they agree to provide.
    Both my wife and I are very happy that we went with them, we love our pictures, and the whole experience. Everything was excellent.
    My only suggestion for Jess and Genie is:
    Raise your prices! Seriously!

-MS

Sent on 03/27/2012

Lawrence · Married on 01/07/2012

We had booked this vendor for a January wedding and they were very flexible, professional, and paid full attention to detail. They had no extra charges when going anywhere within Arizona and they didn't charge you by the hour like most other photographers do... We were very happy with the service that they provided and we could tell from the very beginning that they had the passion and determination that no other photographer out there!

Sent on 01/31/2012

Jennifer · Married on 11/12/2011

Jess and Genie are absolutely, 100% a class act! Not only are they extremely talented, but their customer service is SECOND TO NONE! This was evident from the first moment I spoke to Jess on the phone, as he called me shortly after submitted my inquiry online. He took the time to explain to me what to look for in a photographer, even if we chose not to go with him. Between the website photos and his charming personality and knowledge, how could I want to go anywhere else?! It was evident from that moment that they really, truly care and LOVE what they do...and that love is put into every shot that they take from the event through the tremendous amount of post-production work that they do!
    We did our engagement photo shoot with them and the photos are breathtaking! (Please see us on their website, under “engagement” – we’re with the airplanes!) Jess and Genie genuinely listen and go above and beyond to accommodate your needs…battling crowds, enduring sunburns, precariously perching on ladders – whatever it took to get “THE SHOT”! Love it!
    They were just as amazing on our wedding day! They were efficient and friendly; they mixed well with the guests and weren’t shy about directing friends/family to make sure we got all of the shots we wanted. They were with us for the duration again, too - bless their hearts! The pictures of course are absolutely stunning – I cried when I saw them because they are SO beautiful! Some of them look like magazine ads. Can I just say that I love the way I look, too? I have never felt so beautiful as I did looking at our pictures, I am SO proud to show them off!! They were really able to capture the scope of our wedding day and every special moment…along with some very fun moments, too! I HIGHLY recommend them, for not only are they the best in the business, they are extremely affordable as well. You will not find quality this high for so reasonable – don’t be duped by those fancy booths at the bridal shows!! I looked into many different photographers and they were either overcharging or severely lacking in the skills department. This is your wedding day, and your photos should be perfect!! Look no further, book Jess and Genie now while your date is still available – you will be SO happy that you did!!!

Sent on 01/19/2012

Rachelle · Married on 10/15/2011

Jess and Genie are by far THE best photographers in AZ. Talk about getting your money's worth plus some~! While a lot of photographers charge a significant amount of money, don't let their budget friendly price fool you, I will gaurantee you that they will do 100X more than the other photgraphers out there. They showed up on our wedding day at 9am and did not leave until about 11pm, without charging us extra, they are truly there for you and your big day. They captured everything we wanted; they gave us all the 3000 raw images, along with their edited photos in color, black and white, web ready images, and images to print in either 4x6 and 8x10. They are friendly, professionals and most importantly an artist with their equipment and vision. We had our wedding in Tucson, at Skyline Country Club and we had the most amazing photos. Our package included a day after, or trash the dress session with Jess, a month later, and he did an awesome job to tie in the theme of our venue from our wedding day. We met with Jess before the wedding, Jess and Genie were with us early on our wedding day until late evening and a month later for our trash the dress. They respond to all emails and phone calls in a timely manner so that coordination is as smooth as possible. I highly reccomend them for your wedding or next event!

Sent on 12/28/2011

Anthony · Married on 10/15/2011

Jess and Genie, are by far one of the most professional people I have worked with. My wife and I began our search for photographers while I was deployed and she came upon this one. Due to the lack of internet I could not see their website, but the price had intrigued me. The photographers I reviewed prior to the internet going out, their prices were outrageous. Trusting my wife to be at the time, we decided to go with them and it has been the best decision ever. Through emails and phone calls we kept in touch and a month prior to the wedding we finally met with Jess at our venue so that he can get an idea of how things were going to flow. He was most accomadating to my schedule since I left quite a bit prior to the wedding. On the day of the wedding they showed up at 9am to photograph my wife and her bridesmaids getting ready, they are great to sticking to the timeline and everything went on without any hic-ups. THey stayed with us until about 11pm. The end result was absolutely amazing. THey provided us with 3000raw images taken that day, the finished product of 307images in color, black and white, web ready images, 4x6 images and 8x10. The 307 images they chose were great and retell the story of our wedding. Our package included a day after shoot, or trash the dress and Jess met us up a month later to take that. Their knack for getting the right picture is amazing and both wedding day and day after shoot were awesome. All of our friends and family are ranting and raving about our photo and of course that would not be without Jess and Genie. We had our wedding at Skyline Country Club and all the pictures are amazing. I highly recommend Birdsong as your wedding photographers and future events!

Sent on 12/28/2011
  • W

K · Married on 09/17/2011

Jess and Genie were AMAZING photographers at my wedding!! The photographs are absolutely beautiful and more gorgeous than I imagined! They were extremely professional and fun from the moment that I met them, to the meetings prior to the wedding, to the day of the wedding, and the weeks following the wedding where they put in so much effort to make sure my photos were absolutely perfect. Both made sure that they were available for all of the major events of the wedding, but did not obstruct the view for all of my guests. We received SO MANY compliments about their genuineness, their availability to take requested photos and their amazing ability to take gorgeous photos! I cannot say it enough that we thank Jess and Genie for their fabulous work to truly capture the special moments of the day for us to re-live over and over again as we look at the photos. Thank you SO MUCH Jess and Genie!!!

Sent on 11/06/2011

Michelle · Married on 09/16/2011

Jess and Genie are amazing photographers! When looking for a photographer, we fell in love with the pictures on their website. Within the first 5 minutes of meeting with Jess, we knew his enthusiasm, creativity, and personality would be a perfect fit for our wedding. On our wedding day, Jess and Genie started taking pictures at 9am and continued until late in the evening. They have great personalities which helps put people at ease and enables them to capture great moments. Our pictures are better than we ever could have imagined! Our pictures are not only creative and artistic, but they truly encompass the feelings and emotions of the day. Hiring Jess and Genie was the best decision we made regarding our wedding, and we would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/30/2011

Danielle · Married on 08/14/2011

Jess and Genie are the best. Very down to earth and cool. Best work ever. My husband and I are very pleased with our pictures. They were with us all day. You guys were heaven sent. My pictures look like they belong in a magazine. High quality work at a very reasonable rate. I'm extremly happy with my pictures. If I had to do it all over again my photographers would be Birdsong Wedding Photograpy.

Sent on 09/29/2011

Martina · Married on 06/10/2011

Jess and Genie were so wonderful to work with! They took the time to meet with us before our wedding to find out what we were looking for with our pictures and show us what they could do to make our day even more special. Our pictures turned out awesome and our so grateful to have met them and had them as part of our day! Thank you Jess and Genie! You guys are the greatest!

Sent on 07/26/2011

jessica · Married on 05/07/2011

Jess and Genie from Birdsong Photography were the absolute best! Super friendly, easy to work with, understood what I wanted and were just great to have at the wedding! Their website quickly put them at the top of my list and then speaking with Jess and learning how committed they are to good photography and the price made me choose them. They will make you feel and look like movie stars! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/11/2011

Maggie · Married on 04/23/2011

Jess and Genie were amazing! If you want the type of pictures that you see in magazines that take your breath away, Birdsong wedding photography is for you. Your ceremony generally lasts for 15 minutes but your wedding pictures are forever. I looked long and hard to find the right photographers. Jess was always available and knowledgeable when I called him with questions or for recommendations. While Jess brings a professional and artistic edge, Genie brings the fun and feminine angle. Visit their website and you will quickly see how amazing and artistic their photos are. I can not recommend them highly enough

Sent on 07/26/2011

Laura · Married on 04/02/2011

Being a photographer, I thought it would be difficult to select a photographer that met my expectations. As soon as I saw their website, I knew I had found them. From first contact until the delivery of our photos I have been nothing but pleasantly surprised and impressed with the quality and professionalism I was provided with. Not only did they meet my expectations, they blew them out of the water! Jess and Genie are two extremely gifted photographers with a wonderful disposition and a great eye for detail. They kept me well informed about all of the details, from little to big. When they showed up, with a smile on their face, we had a blast with them as they captured our special day. They captured everything I wanted and more! Everyone that sees our wedding photos winds up with a tear in their eye, and can't stop complementing on how simply spectacular they are, and that should speak for itself. I wouldn't have had it any other way, Jess and Genie truly are the best out there. I can't wait to work with them again for my "trash the dress" session and future milestones to come.

Sent on 05/18/2011

Tina · Married on 03/27/2011

Jess and Genie are absolutely incredible. I had visited with several photographers prior to meeting with Jess and Genie and as soon as I met them, I knew they were the right choice... they even impressed my mother (sometimes hard to do!) After reviewing their portfolio and meeting with them, I was certain that our wedding pictures would be great. From the moment I met Jess and Genie to after the big day, they have been such a pleasure to work with. They set the bar so high, that I was expecting great photos... but they went above and beyond we have AMAZING photos. All of our friends keep asking, "Who was your photographer!!!???" Our picture are stunning and the emotions of the day are perfectly documented. In addition to absolutely wonderful work, Jess and Genie are professional, kind, patient, creative and organized. I give them my highest recommendation and hope to work with them in the near future! You will not be disappointed with your pictures or the experience!!

Sent on 05/16/2011

Birdsong Photography Arizona – Jess Vogelsang and Genie McAuthor
    Jess and Genie-
    Upon our initial meeting noticed your relaxed confidence and positive energy.
    You have a beautiful way to capture the imagination. During our photo shoots and interacting with you on our wedding day, your perception had meaning and feeling. When we received our photos knowing that people see the same things differently, you conveyed images nothing short of amazing. You are the MASTER! Absolute incredible, beautiful, beyond words, so unique, amazing, exquisite, talented, should I go on, I can... such an honor to have met you and Genie!!!!! We are mesmerized with our wedding photos!!!
    Our encounter with Birdsong know that they have a wonderful work ethic, you have made the right decision, and that you have met someone with a incredible insight.
    Thank You Jess and Genie!!!

Sent on 01/15/2011