Birdsong Wedding Photography Reviews

Birdsong Wedding Photography 3
Birdsong Wedding Photography 4
Birdsong Wedding Photography 5
Birdsong Wedding Photography 6

Jess and Genie are amazing to work with! First, they have extensive experience in photography and weddings – you want someone with that kind of experience taking your pictures. I first met them at a wedding show in Phoenix. They took the time to answer questions in detail and give advice. There was a real rapport with them that was missing with other photographers. Your photographers will be in your face all day on your wedding so you want someone that you feel comfortable with.

I appreciated how clear they made the expectations for the process right from the start. Emails and phone calls were answered quickly. They always were helping us look our best by asking us to not smile or smile – to get that real smile and how to place our arm or head. If you are looking at their packages, go for the full. This is the area of your wedding to invest in. Get your engagement photos with them - you will get to know each other which will make the day of the wedding go even better.

They were also open to my ideas on photographs I wanted taken. Of course, with their great expertise, they took all of the right photos I could never think of. Our guests loved working with them the day of the wedding - they were everywhere taking pictures and such fun to work with.
    After the wedding, they went above and beyond to get our pictures perfect. We received a small selection right after the wedding that I was able to use on our Thank You cards. They take their time to edit photos to perfection so you can have them forever. I love that not only do you get the edited photos in the contract but you also get all of the photos they took – thousands of them! Not all photographers do this and it really sets Jess and Genie apart. The effort they made in making the pictures look great was phenomenal!

Thank you to Jess and Genie for making our wedding day magical and capturing every moment!

Sent on 03/14/2014

Jess and Genie were absolutely amazing to work with. Jess was always there to answer questions and responded to all emails promptly. The photographs from our engagement session and wedding were wonderful and they really did a great job with getting all the shots we would have wanted. On our wedding day, they both made everyone feel so comfortable. Birdsong photography was by far our favorite vendor to work with for our wedding. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a great experience and great photographs.

Sent on 03/03/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/21/2013

Jess and Jeanne were absolutely excellent. After our first meeting I knew they were going to do an awesome job and it was nice to not have to worry about anything. They were great with communication and keeping in touch. The day of, they were totally professional and on the ball. They worked great with the guests and other vendors. They did a super job of capturing all the photos we could want and more. For the quality of photos we received I think we got an excellent value. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone!!!!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Kirsti · Married on 09/01/2013

From the moment we introduced ourselves to Jess and Genie, Jason and I knew we were going to schedule them to be the photographers on our special day. We talked to the two photographers for several minutes to find out about pricing, scheduling, packages, etc. and it only took us walking away from the vendor table for one minute to turn right back around and make sure that we had them booked for our day. From that day on Jess was responsive, professional, friendly, flexible, available, everything that you would want from a photographer. He is such an intimate person, from his kindness to his ability to capture the romantic passion between you and your love. If I had the opportunity to choose a photographer again, I would choose Birdsong Photography every time. Their packages, pricing, and personalities are unmatched in every way. Thank you Jess and Genie, for being the angels to watch over our day and make sure that it came out exactly how we needed it to be remembered!!!

Sent on 12/24/2013

Lindsey · Married on 06/23/2013

Jess and Genie were amazing to work with. I found them at a bridal expo in Flagstaff, AZ and their photos were outstanding, so I decided to meet with Jess to see if they would work for our wedding. Jess was extremely professional to work with and completely honest. He is not going to try and sell you something that you do not want, but he will tell you how your day will go, realistically as far as which photo package you chose. They have done several weddings and are very knowledgeable.

Leading up to the wedding Jess was able to help me answer some of my question about what is traditional, what looks good in a picture and even if he had worked with another vendor that I was considering.

The day of the wedding was exceptional!!! They were prompt and ready to take photos. Jess went and did photos with my husband and groomsmen while Genie did photos with me and my bridesmaids before the wedding. During the wedding I received several compliments about our photographers and what a good job they were doing. Everyone was excited to see the photos.

They are busy and we were married at a busy time of year for them. We were able to get 12 photos that we could use for thank cards two weeks after our wedding. We had to wait 4 months for the remaining photos. It was well worth the wait and now I have amazing memories that will last a lifetime.

Jess and Genie did not only put in a tremendous amount of effort on the day of our wedding to make sure everything was in the right place, but they also picked out the photos to best tell our story and did an amazing job editing them.

Our wedding day photos are everything we wanted and more, they truly know how to capture a wedding and to make everyone look outstanding! If you need a wedding photographer I highly recommend them and would not have used anyone else!

Thank you Jess and Genie for all that you did we are so happy you were part of our day, you helped make it special!!!

Lindsey and Matthew Steinhoff

Sent on 11/02/2013

Katie · Married on 06/02/2013

When we decided to have our wedding in Flagstaff, we knew it was going to be a challenge to make all the decisions when we both were living separately and out of state. We explored the options online and made inquiries through email, and to be honest, I almost didn't even email Jess at Birdsong. A few of the local photographers had quotes upwards of $8,000 for their most comprehensive package, and to say the least, I was frustrated. When I saw Birdsong's website, I almost just said "forget it", its gonna be WAY out of our price range. But, I tried my luck one more time and couldn't believe the affordability and value for such amazing pictures and photography package. We met with Jess on a quick weekend trip to Flagstaff, and we were very impressed with his personality and professionalism. Through the next months, Jess was by far the best of our vendors to be in contact with. He was prompt with responses and so helpful and willing to please. The day of the wedding, Jess and Genie were amazing. They made us feel at ease and never added any extra stress. Now that we have our pictures in hand, I am so thankful that we went with Birdsong Photography. We have beautiful memories of our very special day that we will cherish forever.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/01/2013

Jess and Genie are absolutely phenomenal photographers! We met Jess when we were looking for photographers for our wedding. We live in Chandler, while they are located in Flagstaff. Jess drove all the way down to meet with us. Right off the bat, you could tell that Jess was a serious photographer. We could instantly tell how passionate he is about photography. We were drawn to his fun personality and how knowledgeable he is about photography. Jess knows a lot about lighting, cameras, Photoshop, and basically everything a great photographer needs to know!

We did our engagement session with Jess up in Sedona. He is very familiar with the area and knows all the great spots to take pictures in. He ended up spending the entire with us taking pictures in various locations around Sedona. The engagement pictures were perfect! We got so many comments about how great the pictures were! After seeing the engagement pictures, we knew our wedding photos would be fantastic!

Fast forward to our wedding day… Jess spent the afternoon taking pictures with the guys, while Genie worked with the ladies. Genie is a fantastic photographer as well! Her attention to detail is amazing! Jess and Genie are quite the pair! They have everything under control. They give great direction, which was awesome during some of the family shots. They work so well together and constantly bounce ideas off of each other. Throughout the ceremony and reception, Jess and Genie were like photography ninjas. They we’re intrusive at all; they did a great job blending in.

It took a little while for us to get our wedding pictures, but they were definitely worth the wait!! The fully edited pictures are incredible! I have received so many comments from friends and family about how great our pictures turned out.

Overall, Jess and Genie were awesome to work with. They are simply the best wedding photographers out there. I highly, highly recommend them!!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Joseph · Married on 05/25/2013

We absolutely love our wedding photos. Jess and Genie really helped capture our special day! They are so cool and fun to work with and we seriously felt like they were a big part of our wedding. I've heard so many stories of weddings where the bride and groom hardly had time to dance and eat because of all the madness between photos and this and that, but Jess and Genie were instrumental in helping to drive our time line. We got every photo we wanted and also got to eat, drum, and dance the night away! Thank you Jess and Genie, for everything! So, future bride & groom: choose Birdsong Photography! Take a look for yourselves: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_VfyTPfLUORTlJoTktaNjFyTFE&usp=sharing

Sent on 10/04/2013

Sean · Married on 05/04/2013

Jess and Genie from Birdsong Wedding Photography were AMAZING! We had found them through their website and instantly fell in love with their style and photos. We loved how responsive Jess was to all of our emails and phone calls. We did our engagement photos with Birdsong as well, Jess had a lot of ideas on where to shoot at, and great poses to be in. Jess and Genie were great at getting us to relax during the photos. They were extremely personable and friendly with both us and with our entire wedding crowd. They did a great job of addressing the concerns of our parents and grandparents, they made my wife and I feel absolutely stunning during the big day, they made us feel like it was just the two of us, not like we were on display. They listened to all our requests and ensured that we got all the photos we wanted. I was most impressed with how they were there for all the big moments at the ceremony/reception, but I never felt they were blocking any guests or interfering with the ceremony. You could definitely tell they worked well together and knew what they were doing, to ensure all the moments were captured! I would absolutely recommend Birdsong Wedding Photography to my friends and family! Thank you Jess and Genie for making our wedding a success!

Sent on 08/18/2013

I couldn't be happier with my wedding photos from BIRDSONG! First off, Jess and Genie were amazing to have around on the wedding day. They worked so hard and did so much work behind the scenes we didn't even realize was happening. They were both so fun and relaxed. Their enthusiasm for us as a couple and getting our best shots made it a very FUN and easy experience! Our photos are amazing and really do tell the story of the whole night. They didn't miss a thing. Going through all our wedding photos again made us re-live this day! We chose Jess and Genie after our first meeting with Jess and feel so lucky we made the right decision! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Sent on 08/27/2013

Jenny · Married on 04/05/2013

Absolutely AMAZING! Gorgeous photos, and the nicest people you'll ever meet! Jess and Genie are without a doubt the best photographers out there! This duo knows what they are doing, and how to make you feel comfortable in front of the camera. And they are so affordable! Their pictures are absolutely stunning. I will never stop recommending them! Best decision I made!

Sent on 05/06/2013
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 03/23/2013

Jess and Genie were absolutely AMAZING! They did our engagement pictures and wedding photography, and we couldn't be happier with all of our photos. We had close to 300 people at our wedding and they captured everyone. Their professionalism and easy going personalities made our wedding day go flawless. They worked well with all of our vendors and even our our wedding guests were commenting on how professional yet fun they were! We received rights to all our pictures (over 6000 pictures!) and they got everything to us on schedule, not to mention they went above and beyond and even provided a couple extra edited photos for us that were not included in our package. The quality of the photos is outstanding. They can use us as a reference anytime and we are one HAPPY Bride & Groom! Thank you again Jess & Genie!!!

Sent on 07/31/2013

STOP, LOOK, & LISTEN, & then proceed to book Birdsong Wedding Photography for your most memorable day EVER! I am the mother-of-the bride and to look back on all the photo's that Jess and Genie captured are like reliving my daughter and son-in-laws wedding all over again. To view so many of the photo's truly tell the story of what took place from beginning to end of our most joyful day. I have never seen photographers take par in the enjoyment as much as they did while producing the most incredible memories through their work. They are the perfect 10 even though this rating only goes as high as 5. The pictures are more than beautiful and I can't thank them enough for providing the best memories ever through the 100's of 1000's flawless photo's. One thing for certain you won't be sorry. If you're looking for the best you'll find it in Birdsong Wedding Photography.

Sent on 08/01/2013

Channing · Married on 03/16/2013

From the moment we began planning our wedding in March 2012 and first happened upon their website, to enjoying our own OUTSTANDING wedding photos, we have been so impressed and pleased with Jess and Genie of Birdsong Wedding Photography. The level of expertise in their craft, and utmost professionalism and service throughout our experience with them sets them apart from others in their field, and we truly appreciated everything they did to ensure our satisfaction.
    Our communication leading up to the wedding was primarily with Jess. His past years as a photography professor at NAU are certainly reflected in his excellent communication skills, prompt responses, receptiveness, and patience with us as we planned for our big day, on our wedding day, and even post-wedding.
    Furthermore, our family members and other guests of the wedding have commented numerous times about how impressed even they were with the level of dedication and professionalism that they witnessed from Jess and Genie, and their joy and amazement after seeing the photos to find that they truly did not miss a single moment! Needless to say, we feel very lucky to have found Birdsong Wedding Photography, and highly recommend their services to any bride and groom-to-be.

Sent on 07/14/2013
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 02/16/2013

Jess and Genie are the absolute BEST. We interviewed a few photographers, but when we met with Jess and looked at his work we knew that he was the perfect person to document our wedding. Jess was kind enough to travel to Pinetop, AZ (where we got engaged) to shoot our engagement session. After we got our engagement photos back we KNEW that we made the right decision for our photographer. We just got our wedding photos back and they are incredible! We couldn't be more happy! Jess and Genie captured every emotion that we went through on the day of our wedding and you can see it in each picture that they took. We can't stop looking at our photos...and neither can our family and friends! Their pictures truly told the story of our special day and I know that we will be able to relive our wedding day for years to come.
    Jess and Genie were very professional throughout the entire planning process and gave us great advice. Not only were they easy to work with, most importantly, they were fun to be around! Everyone in our wedding party commented on how great our photographers were. In addition, we had a three year old flower girl and they were amazing with her...she was in several photos and they got her to look at the camera and smile for each one! They were also very accommodating. We didn't want to see each other before the wedding, which required a lot of planning. Jess and I spoke two weeks before the wedding to work out the details of the day and everything worked out perfectly.
    It was so helpful to have two photographers. The day of the wedding Genie stayed with the girls while Jess stayed with the guys. Jess and Genie didn't skip a beat...they were extremely organized and knew exactly what the other was doing.
    Jess and Genie, thank you so much for everything! You guys were amazing and we couldn't be happier with our photos!!! You are the BEST!!! - Natalie and Bret

Sent on 06/11/2013

Marcella · Married on 01/05/2013

If you are looking at this site and still on the fence, JUMP! The pictures were more than we could have dreamed. To have two photographers to snatch moments of your big day is worth it. Jess was an absolute gem guiding us through the poses for all the traditional shots and he was open to anything we wanted to try. Some how both Genie and Jess were everywhere for these shots but not ever in the way, I really don't know how they did it. We had to wait for a while for the finished product, but it was WORTH it! Now I can't wait to have an anniversary party to hire them again. The professional and personal touches these two photographers gave our day, will keep them in high demand for some time, so get your date in order and call them. If you think I am gushing, just look at the site and compare.

Sent on 05/07/2013
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/15/2012

Weddings are stressful to plan, but trying to find a photographer a week before your wedding I thought to be impossible. I was truely blessed when I found Bird Song Wedding Photography because they enthusiastically and proffessionaly booked my wedding with such short notice. Jess was so easy to talk to on the phone and was very open from the begining. Then my wedding day comes and I meet the wonderful team and with my good luck it rains turning my beautiful out door wedding to indoors, but Jess and Genie didn't flich; being the professioals that they are they still produced the most amazing photos that I did't think to be possible. Genie was a blast to work with taking fun photos of all the girls getting ready, and shooting all the little details that seem to get missed on such a very big day. The punch line though is the moment I got the email to see my photo story line for the first time, and a whirl wind of emotions flooded through me and a day that seemed to fly by was frozen in frames that perfectly captured the moments that I had so easily forgotten. There are no words to express my gratitude for their artwork that so beautifuly expressed my wedding day.

Sent on 04/16/2013

Birdsong photography captured our day perfectly. Can not thank them enough for our amazing pictures to help us remember our day

Sent on 03/21/2013

Dakota · Married on 11/24/2012

Jess and Genie at Birdsong were great to work with. They always responded right away when we were planning and made getting everything arranged a breeze. On the day of the wedding they were excellent, they did a superb job of setting us and our guests at ease - they were funny, friendly and professional. Their equipment and skills were top of the line and our photographs came out looking absolutely phenomenal - many of them could easily pass as movie posters! We were very happy with the pricing and we know no one else could have delivered the quality of photos that we got with Birdsong.

Sent on 05/02/2013
  • Aileen

Aileen · Married on 11/03/2012

One set price for 2 photographers for as long as you need them, do I need to say more? Gene and Jess were so pleasant to work with - they truly care about you as a bride/groom and your big day. You can tell these two are a dynamic pair when you first meet them - they divide and concur. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. Given it is wedding season, we do not have our finished product yet - however, clear expectations were set upfront which I respect. I have no doubt the photos will be amazing.

Sent on 11/15/2012

jennifer · Married on 10/27/2012

Of the wedding vendors we worked with for our wedding, I was happiest about choosing Jess and Genie (the kind faces behind Birdsong Photography). I’m kind of poor, and did have to cheap out in some areas of the wedding budget in order to afford world-class photography. But for the quality of those images, the cost was totally reasonable. I am so, so, glad I went for it. Here's why:

Genie and Jess worked with us to record each little wedding detail. There is a beautiful detail shot of my late grandmother’s pearl bracelet that my mom loaned me to wear for luck. The shots of the dress, rings, programs, etc, are technically perfect, and beautiful. The women at work were gasping over a picture of my SHOE, if that helps you understand. We did a “first look” and the pictures of that are some of my favorites. I’m cute I guess-- but basically, you know, average looking-- and in the photos they made my husband and I and our families look like ourselves, but GORGEOUS. Something with the lighting—we all look smokin’ hot! The ceremony pics, family portraits and photojournalistic ones all look incredible. I’m not going to say much more about the quality of the photos, I mean the galleries speak for themselves.

They were on time, prompt with communication, at ease, comfortable, friendly, and low-key. Trust me I am more than a little camera shy but I immediately felt great working with them. One thing I appreciated is they stayed with us the entire day, from me getting ready to the very end of the evening, for a flat rate. Some photographers only stay a few hours—watch out for that. You don’t want your best wedding day moments to go unrecorded because the photographer already left, and really you don’t know when the magic will happen! There’s a little bit of mystery on that day.

I am thrilled, totally satisfied, and I feel like shouting from the rooftops that if you hire Birdsong Photography you won’t be sorry. Hats off to Jess and Genie!

Sent on 02/26/2013

more from · Married on 10/27/2012

Why it’s worth it to get the best wedding photographers you can:
    I don’t have very many beautiful portraits of my family. We don’t always have an occasion to bring everyone together over the year, and the roster has changed since we last did portraits. The kids have partners now and my parents divorced a long time ago and are on second relationships. All those positive developments needed to be recorded! I looked through the photos with my mom when they came back and we both cried with happiness. And just think—you aren’t just giving a gift to the people you know now, there are people you haven’t met yet (kids, perhaps?) that will treasure these photos long after you’re dead and gone. Nobody will remember the food or entertainment. But those photos are forever.

Another reason photography was so important to us was we knew we might not have some of the current family members with us for much longer. Though healthy, my grandfather is 87, and my husband’s grandfather was just barely well enough to make it to the wedding. It turned out to be his last night out with everyone--now, four months later, he is in hospice care. Those pictures of him dressed up to the nines and salsa dancing with his daughters (though he had to remain in his wheelchair) are absolutely treasured by my their whole family. He looks positively dashing! The photos happened to come back at just the right time to bring them some joy during this difficult time. :’-)

Sent on 02/26/2013

Ramona · Married on 10/20/2012

My husband and I are so impressed with Jess and Genie that we feel lucky to have had their time and effort. We've never met anyone so dedicated and passionate about their work. They really know photography and weddings. They were so organized and always exuded energy and enthusiasm. They'll do anything to get the best shot...Genie fell in the river at one time and Jess was digging himself into the dirt to get the right angle. They both magically got our huge family (from age 8 to 80) in a photo within minutes...AND we all looked good. They also took us in their jeep to get to the most exclusive off-road spots in Sedona. When we saw our finished photos, I was grinning from ear to ear throughout the whole slideshow that my cheeks hurt. My favorite, besides the breath-taking Red Rock shots, were the candid photos of our guests and the children! They really captured the sparkle in their eyes. My Mom was also very happy with how much more slender her arms looked (after editing :P) Jess and Genie's dedication go beyond the day of your wedding. They meticulously sort and edit thousands of photos to deliver only A+ work. So if you want a photographer to send you all of your photos within a week or so, pick a different photographer. Jess and Genie don't just take photos, they create quality timeless pieces of art. THANK YOU JESS and GENIE!

Sent on 04/21/2013

Priscilla · Married on 10/06/2012

Wow, what can I say... Jess and Genie were just simply amazing. I had hardly any idea what I was doing on the wedding day but when it came to the photography, Jess and Genie knew exactly what to do and made it very easy and natural for us. From beginning to end, our communication with them was open and clear. Jess told us exactly what to expect and exactly what we were getting. They are extremely prepared and just exude the air of well-trained professionals that have seen hundreds of weddings. They knew exactly what to say to get people to smile. They joke at the right times and know how to connect with every single member of the wedding party and guest that they photographed. And they do all of this naturally because their personalities are just likeable. :) Out of all the vendors that I hired that night, family and friends commented on and praised Jess and Genie's work the most, noting that they were just SO on top of things. Everyone said these things without even having seen a single photo (our wedding was just 2 days ago), THAT'S how good they are! And we can say the same... that you cannot go wrong with Jess and Genie. They know their stuff! And you are definitely getting your money's worth! For example, I had no idea there would be no lighting on our dance floor. So we were all dancing... in the dark. But Jess and Genie rolled with it, didn't even say a word to me and just kept shooting. They are such troopers and do such an awesome job. I'm sure once I get the pictures back, I'll be writing another review because I'm 100% positive that the images will be beautiful. If you like their photographic style, GO with them. You will have the best experience with them, guaranteed. :)

Sent on 10/08/2012

Mary · Married on 09/30/2012

We absolutely LOVE our photos! Jess and Genie did such an incredible job! They have captured our special moments and delivered them the way we imagined them to be. Being in the creative business, we completely appreciate the level of detail in their photos—from the composition, lighting, clarity, to the color balance, Jess and Genie nailed it! Their true dedication to their craft is reflected in their beautiful work.

In addition, they're very responsive and they take their time with you to discuss your needs. They're very honest and will give good tips and suggestions. They will tell you what you'll exactly get with certain lighting during the day, location, etc.

Great value as well since you get two of them—more angles, perspective and locations. Genie photographed me and my bridesmaids getting ready, while Jess was at my groom's room with the groomsmen. Then, Jess took care of our after ceremony shots, while Genie was at the reception to take photos of table details, guests arriving, etc.

Overall, we had a wonderful wedding day, and we thank Jess & Genie for the memories we'll always cherish through their amazing photography.

Sent on 02/06/2013