Bird Bakery Reviews

1 User photo

Bird Bakery 1
  • Kristen

Kristen MacDougall · Married on 01/12/2019

I can't get enough of Bird!

I originally didn't care much about the wedding cake. It was just sort-of a formality. However, after having a blast at the cake tasting with my fiance and Casie, Bird's "celebration specialist," I was SO excited. Their cakes and buttercream frostings were all so good! I cannot recommend Bird enough! They were fabulous to work with, affordable and YUMMY!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2018

Delicious, Beautiful Cake and Great Service

People are still raving about our delicious cake from BIRD. Not only was the cake beautiful and decorated exactly as promised based on the inspiration photo provided, but we loved that BIRD uses only natural products. Their cake was the best we tried in town and definitely the most affordable as well. They were also super responsive via email and able to make multiple changes to our contract quickly along the way. Would absolutely use them again!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/20/2018

THE best cake in San Antonio

We are so grateful for the most delicious wedding cake ever!!! It was delivered to our venue perfectly and beautifully, exactly as I described and pictured! The flavors were incredible and we love that any year on our anniversary we can go to the bakery and get cupcakes that are the flavor of our wedding cake! So delicious!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Tamika · Married on 09/03/2018

We decided to inquire about cake prices at Bird Bakery and we are so glad we did. We've enjoyed their sweet treats on a regular basis and are excited to have them creating our wedding cake. Ninon was very responsive and accommodating. We had been to two previous wedding cake tasting but Bird Bakery topped the cake. We had at least 7 different buttercream flavors to try, as well as five different cupcake combinations. The ability to get a unique wedding cake for substantially less than a traditional wedding cake flavor is what sold us.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Rosana · Married on 05/25/2018

Bird bakery created a delicious 3 tier wedding cake for us. The floral was provided by our florist but placed by bird and you can see how gorgeous it came out. They were quick to respond to emails and inquiries. They have tons of delicious flavors to choose from and use only the best and freshest ingredients. You can taste the difference when compared to other shops. Can’t wait to eat our anniversary cake!

Bird Bakery 2
    Sent on 05/30/2018

Bonnie · Married on 02/24/2018

The cake was great in both the way it tasted and the way it looked, delivered on time and was where it needed to be asap. Very professional.

Sent on 03/06/2018

Paulina · Married on 03/25/2017

We were looking for a small gluten free wedding cake four our ceremony and Bird Bakery did an amazing job!!! So happy we went with them. All of our friends and family loved the cake too!

Sent on 04/17/2017

Kara · Married on 03/18/2017

Our guests loved the wedding and groom's cakes from Bird! We had a great time selecting our cakes during our private cake tasting! The employee, Chiara, was very knowledgeable and helpful during the process. The cakes came out better than we could have imagined. Bird was always my top pick because my husband and I used to go there on dates when we first met. It made sense to us to get our cakes from here! It's our favorite bakery and our wedding guests continue to compliment us on the cakes. You won't be disappointed with the quality, presentation, service and final product if Bird is part of your special day!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Shannon · Married on 03/13/2017

Bird Bakery made specially designed cupcakes for our wedding that were absolutely delicious! They also provided gluten free cupcakes to meet the dietary needs of our guests that were described as the best gluten free cake/cupcakes they had ever eaten.

Sent on 05/14/2017

Kelly · Married on 11/18/2016

My guests were raving! Bird Bakery did a phenomenal job with our wedding cake. We had a smaller wedding (45 guests) and were able to enjoy a beautiful 3 tier cake. The chocolate cake with raspberry compote filling was delicious and did not break the bank. Many of our guests told us later is was the best wedding cake they have ever had. They have cake platters that are beautiful and also available for rent for a small fee. Thank you Bird Bakery!

Sent on 11/27/2016
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 04/23/2016

We did a couple of different cake tastings for our wedding and Bird Bakery blew it out of the water. They do an amazing tasting setup with all of their different cake and icing flavors and present clear options and pricing for everything. Ninon, their events manager, was very easy to work with, responsive, and knowledgeable. We needed a gluten-free option as well because my fiance/husband has a gluten allergy and their gluten-free cake is by far the best. I also love the fact that all of their ingredients are natural, including their food coloring. They provided a cake, cupcakes, and sheet cake for our wedding and we also rented a few of their cake/cupcake pedestals which were affordable. Overall great quality for the price.

Sent on 05/13/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 03/05/2016

Bird Bakery made both our wedding cake and the groom's cake. My mom can't have gluten and they were more than happy to work with us. The cake was delicious and no one even noticed there was a difference!

Sent on 03/06/2017

Andrea · Married on 01/02/2016

Bird Bakery provided both my bridal shower and wedding cake. The cake, fillings, and frosting combinations gave us very unique flavors which we're huge crowd pleasers. Ninon was very quick to respond to any questions we had and provided us with a very fun stressfree tasting and ordering process. The delivery and setup provided by Bird were very efficient. Overall we couldn't have been more happy with Bird Bakery!!

Sent on 01/10/2016

Sarina · Married on 10/09/2015

Bird Bakery was one of the best parts of our wedding! Ninon is such a helpful, professional and responsive person to work with while planning our wedding cake and cupcakes. Our tasting was so cute and wonderful. The team at Bird Bakery was great to work with and always provided superb customer service. Ninon was very quick in responding to our inquiries which is always important for a stressed bride. Now on to the cupcakes, WOW! Our guests kept asking about where the cupcakes were from. We opted for 5 flavors and the cake. I still think about how delicious our cupcakes were and hope one day we can eat them again, sadly we live in NYC so we can't enjoy Bird Bakery as often. The team was great in recommending flavors fit for our theme and provided pictures. We highly recommend Bird Bakery for your wedding, you will be extremely happy with booking Bird Bakery for your wedding :-)

Sent on 11/23/2015

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2015

Cupcakes were AMAZING. We had zero cupcakes left, and had to pack up a few to-go cupcakes for myself and the groom to make sure we had some. The quality of their cakes is just so fresh, I love that neither our small cutting cake nor the grooms cake had any fondant on it. The grooms cake, make like a Camaro emblem, was adorable and was such a hit with the groom and his other car-loving friends. Ninon was fantatic working with us and very responsive, even as we changed our cupcake count on the contract what seemed like every other week. So fairly priced, my other friends commented they spent over twice as much as we did and no one ate their cake at their weddings. Amazing cupcakes and amazing services. Also provided the stands for the cakes and cupcakes. The cupcake tasting was so well run and they have so many flavors to choose from, it was so much fun.

Sent on 09/20/2015
  • Therese Lee

Therese Lee · Married on 01/10/2015

Plenty of compliments on our cake.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Our wedding cake was exactly what I wanted and amazingly delicious! Unique flavors made our wedding cake even more special, as we had a different flavor on each of the 3 tiers, as well as two flavors of cupcakes! They were elegant!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Kathrine · Married on 06/08/2014

BEST CAKE IN THE WORLD! I loved the salted carmel frosting! SO delicious! I had a great experience getting my cake from Bird Bakery. They are very flexible and extremely creative! Whatever you want they basically will do their best to make your dream cake a reality!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Christina · Married on 03/25/2017

My fiance and I didn't want the usual big decorated cake so we opted instead for mini-cupcakes. I had to miss the tasting, but it was extremely professional and made it my fiance's favorite. Bird made a couple flavors for me and placed them on a large tower (rental). It was a hit and my 200ish guests devoured over 400 of them. I got nothing but compliments about it and I've been extremely pleased with the product they made. They even gave me a bunch of cartons to haul off the leftover cakes to the afterparty

Sent on 06/02/2017

My cake and cupcakes were delicious and perfectly decorated. However, there was a misunderstanding on the color of my cake. It should have been an off white creamy color. Instead it was a brown/orange color. At least it still matched my theme.

Sent on 04/07/2015

The cake was amazing, very tasty also, they used all natural organic ingredients.

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/10/2012

By far the BEST cupcakes in San Antonio. Everything is made from scratch, and you can tell. There is always a line in this place and for good reason! We were their first wedding order (we had them make custom flavored cupcakes instead of a cake) and they went above and beyond in making them perfect. My guests raved about them all night long. Many other cupcake places refused to make anything off of their plain menus, so when we asked for a pistachio/cardamom cupcake they jumped all over it. We had multiple tastings, and never once did they use pistachio syrups or food colorings to make it. Again, I love them so much! They were a little on the pricey side for our small budget, but it was the one thing my husband insisted on, after going to so many bland cupcake places in town.

Sent on 03/15/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2013

Two months later and everyone is still talking about the cupcakes! The Bird staff were super friendly and easy to work with. I did a cake and cupcakes. The cake was beautiful and exactly what I wanted, but the cupcakes were more delicious!

Sent on 11/12/2013