20 Reviews for Bingham House B&B

User Photos
Indoor (1)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)
All Inclusive Packages (1)
Bridal Suite (1)
Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
Parking (1)
20 Bingham House B&B Reviews

Oh my goodness!! Karen has such an incredible talent for coordinating and decorating...even better than I had envisioned or could have imagined. It was so beautiful!! She took the few thoughts I had in my mind, and ran with them. She picked things from her inventory of decor items that went perfectly for our event. I would definitely recommend The Bingham House to anyone looking for an event venue. They made our day so easy and so memorable. THEY ARE THE BEST!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot describe how amazing the Bingham House was for our best day ever! Karen, Bill and their staff went above and beyond for our wedding! From start to finish, I can honestly say that everything went off without a hitch! Thanks mostly to Karen and Bill! Both of them exceeded our expectations! We HIGHLY recommend the Bingham House for any party/wedding...you WILL NOT be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First off Karen is amazing from the beginning to the end. First off I'm a visual person lol between me telling her a whole combination of things I like she easily showed a mixture of what I was describing all in one. I was getting so excited the day of when I walked in I was blown away and she was on point of my vision. Karen and her staff is an amazing job everything went so smooth and easy! Everybody was talking about how beautiful it was...and Shawn the DJ was outstanding! Thanks again it was unbelievable!! Also, its very affordable!

Profile Picture Melaney, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet

We recently got married at the Bingham House. From the moment we met Karen, it was an easy and fun experience. She is knowledgeable, thoughtful, fun, insightful and patient. Her recommendations for us and our event were spot on. Her food was fabulous. Her staff was so kind, considerate, hard working and patient. It definitely made our special day truly special! Thanks, Karen!

Profile Picture Kevin, 6/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely loved this place! Very professional. They think of everything. Karen is the most wonderful planner you will ever have. She was able to work with the our crazy schedules. On our wedding day, everything went super smooth. Although Our wedding cake was a disaster (not referred or created by the venue), but they were able to add their own flare and make it beautiful, despite the flaws. The dj and cook were both amazing, you can't go wrong there. We had a unique themed wedding and Karen went right a long with it and it turned out perfect. This place is amazing for the price and Super cute. Definitely high quality and I recommend it to all to at least take a look. YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE WITH IT!

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Karen went above and beyond to make our day everything we envisioned. We received many compliments from our guests.

Profile Picture PETA, 11/22/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful setting. Good advice. Very professional. They know what they are doing and they DO IT.

They also provide the catering service, bar service, and a DJ. They do the set-up and takedown. Karen and Bill provide excellent consultation advice and are available during the wedding to make sure the day is wonderful. We did not feel the need to hire a wedding consultant since Bingham House provided such comprehensive services.

It is a big help to parents of the bride who live out of town from the wedding venue. So many potential headaches are taken care of by professionals who have experience and good taste.

Profile Picture User4112995, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning a wedding was overwhelming until we found Karen Lynch at The Bingham House. As our wedding consultant everything fell into place. She took on many of the tasks of wedding planning and recommended outstanding people in the community to provide services not provided by the venue, such as florists, photographers, the cake and Officiants. The venue provided outstanding catering, staff, bartenders, and DJ. Our wedding was outdoors in the garden under their newly constructed Arbor. Cocktails were served in the courtyard with dinner and dancing in their reception hall. Karen saw that the event was perfectly choreographed. I can't think of a single thing that didn't happen according to plan. Thanks to Karen and Bill for a perfect evening celebrating the marriage of our daughter.

Profile Picture Sharon, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything was wonderful, and Karen was SO flexible with us. Her staff was courteous and very behind the scenes, You hardly ever saw them! The food was great, I could not have been happier with how everything went.

Profile Picture User2499695, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding at the Bingham House and am SO glad we picked this venue. Karen is awesome and helped me with everything! All of our guest loved it and said everything was awesome! I would love to have another event there some day.

Profile Picture Terri, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Looking for a wedding venue was veery overwhelming. We went all over the metroplex trying to find something unique, in-budget, and as much in-house taken care of as possible. When I first went to visit the Bingham House, I was blown away by how affordable it was, especially compared to Dallas venues and honestly, even next to the suburban venues that aren't as attractive.

It's tucked away a few blocks from McKinney's downtown square (easy to get to off of highway 5 too), about a 45 minute drive from the center of Dallas, so you're close enough to have people drive without complaining but far enough that you really get a different feel. For our vintage-themed wedding, we couldn't have asked for a better venue. Giant porches front and back with balconies (great for bouquet toss and an intimate first dance), a swing, a well, a pretty little wall in front, giant trees....and they have added a ballroom to the house, so you don't ever feel like you're cramming too many people in too small a space. We had ceremony and reception in the same room (no one wants you to get married outside in Texas summer. Really, don't do that) and guests had plenty of places to explore in the short time it took for them to flip the room.

Karen, the owner, does planning and consultation, centerpieces, food, service, linens, tables, and all those small detail requests that get ignored at big hotel weddings. We had three vendors come in(cake, photography, florist) and she managed all of them as well. My day-of could not have been better executed, even though I threw a ton of details at her. She comfortably and easily helped us transition through all the wedding events (cake cutting, bouquet, toasts) in a totally unobtrusive manner. I can't say enough about the lengths she is willing to go to to make sure everyone is completely satisfied.

I wish I could get married again every weekend!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/30/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could gush for hours over the Bingham House! Karen and Bill are so wonderful to work with. The place is beautiful, the staff is awesome, and the prices are great. Everyone at my wedding commented on how smoothly it all ran and how beautiful it looked. I just can't say enough good things about the Bingham House. We love, love, love them!

Profile Picture jamie, 4/28/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the wedding of my dreams on a student's budget! After touring around all of DFW to find a perfect venue I was blown out of the water when I saw the Bingham house and met Karen, the owner. She made me feel like family and was key in making my wedding elegant, fun, and stress free. The food was wonderful and everyone had such a great time. This location is quaint, picturesque, and ideal for intimate weddings. The staff is professional, friendly, and attentive. No where else will you be able to get as much, as beautiful, and as great a service for the price as the Bingham house. If you're getting married in the DFW area this place needs to be looked at! Best around!!

Profile Picture Pamela, 6/11/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bingham is absolutely gorgeous and Karen is AMAZING! I had the perfect wedding and wouldnt change a thing!!

Profile Picture Christan, 4/8/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved my venue! The Bingham House in a historic B&B in McKinney, Texas. We had the ceremony and reception all at the same venue. Mother Nature decided to move us indoors and honestly things flowed just like that was the plan the entire time. Our tables, chairs, linens and centerpieces were all set up by the Bingham House staff. After our personal things were packed up, they also took care of cleaning up. They were courteous and wonderful. They obviously knew what they were doing, which made things so much easier on my part. One of my favorite things is that they had two Open Houses between when we booked our date and our wedding. This gave us two opportunities to 're-scope' things out and helped me remember where things were, etc. They also provide lots of things, decorating wise. They have a wishing tree, lots of different sized vases, multi-colored stones, etc. This really helped our budget.

They also provided catering.
I honestly didn't eat much, even though we were the first through the line. What I did eat, though was wonderful! My husband ate a lot and said it was all very, very delicious. It was also rather inexpensive compared to prices I've seen from other caterers.

Karen was also our DOC.
Karen owns The Bingham House with her husband. She was also our DOC. Karen is the reason my wedding flowed perfectly. She had us rehearse Plan A, B and C. So, we all knew what we were doing no matter what the weather entailed. She also made sure everything was set up. She assembled the processional, knew the timing, etc. She made sure she was doing what we wanted, but didn't harass us. There is absolutely no way my wedding would have been so wonderful without her. She obviously has experience with weddings and is VERY professional! My centerpieces didn't come from my florist, I wanted to do them myself to cut costs. I used her vases and at one of our meetings I said I wasn't sure what flowers to buy (I know nothing about flowers). Karen offered to take care of the centerpieces so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I was so happy to have one less thing on my to-do list, and they turned out wonderful. She also kept my emcee (we did an iPod) informed of all the changes (due to weather) and notified him each time before he was to get up and speak. She also communicated very well with my photographer, making sure she knew what we were doing.

Profile Picture Lacey, 10/23/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

I love working with Karen and everyone is still talking about how beautiful the wedding was. Karen takes good care of her facility and makes it a fairy tale while you are there. I have already told others about her. Her prices are good too!

Profile Picture Erin, 10/16/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bingham House is a great choice for a wedding venue. I only used it for my reception and had my wedding at a nearby church. Karen, the owner of The Bingham House, is just wonderful. She is extremely helpful in making sure all the details are thought through and making your event turn out just perfect. The first time I can to visit her, we had a long visit where we toured the house and grounds and we sat down and discussed what I'm looking for. She even had several binders of cut out pictures that you could look out. They were color coordinated, so you just told her what colors you wanted, and you had several pages of ideas you could look through! My wedding was very rushed, only 2 months to prepare, and Karen made everything so easy. She also provided my catering at the reception, and I basically could choose whatever I wanted. The food turned out amazing, exactly what I wanted! They also have this old antique car named Pearl that was used as our transportation from ceremony to reception and then our "getaway car" at the end of the night. It was great for picture moments! I only had a few complaints, but otherwise, it was great!

Profile Picture Christy, 3/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Transportation, Wedding Planning

Karen was absolutely phenomenal! Not only is her food amazing (her Italian dishes are as good as I have ever had in Italy), but having her as part of the wedding day was like hiring a wedding planner. She has great tips on how to do things, how to save money, and who to (and not to) contact about other services. When my wedding venue was rained out 4 days before the event, she allowed me to move my wedding to the Bingham House with minimal costs. Though I had been calm up to that point, I actually cried because of the stress. And she gave me a hug, told me to take a deep breath, and then went through this amazing list of things that she would take care of. The food was great (my friends still mention it), the venue was wonderful, but I could not have done anything at all without Karen!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/4/09, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the Bingham House for our wedding and reception site as well as our caterer and we were very glad we did! Karen was a joy to work with. She was patient and willing to meet with us when we needed to discuss wedding details. She even had a list of vendors she worked with that she recommended to us, making searching for those other vendors easy! The Bingham House covered at least three of our wedding needs: a beautiful late 19th century house in which to have a gorgeous wedding; the reception hall, complete with tables, chairs, linens, dance floor, bar and restroom, all comfortable and it allowed everyone to move around with ease and comfort; and our catering was taken care of by Karen and her staff who provided delicious food and excellent service. The Bingham House allowed us to enjoy a homestyle wedding and our guests didn't have to leave the site to get from the ceremony to the reception. The unique site setting of the Bingham House even allows for four different places, one indoors and three outside, in which to have the wedding ceremony depending on the size of the wedding and the weather. We had our wedding in the courtyard and everyone complimented on how well set the wedding was. Karen took care of everything we needed the day of our wedding, moving the whole event along with gentle guidance. Everyone who came to our wedding said they had a great time! We would highly recommend using Karen and The Bingham House for your wedding and reception site as well as your caterer. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Sarah , 11/10/07, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Bingham House does WONDERFUL cakes, and it's an hour north of Dallas. www.binghamhouse.com

800 S Chestnut St
Mckinney, TX 75069
(972) 529-1883

My cake was 3 levels, each a different flavor. It was French Vanilla, Mocha (the mocha was AMAZING) and Amaretto with I think amaretto flavoring, and butter creme icing. I had them right stuff in Elvish script on it, bc hubby and I both liked LOTR. Lots of free hadnd and she did a great job. People raved over this cake - it was amazing. Price - less than $300!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE! The owner was nice, they were prompt, and they delivered - even though our wedding was over 60 miles away!!!

I'm planning on having them do all our special events!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/13/06, 1 Review