Bill Pence Music Reviews

Bill Pence Music 2
Bill Pence Music 3
Bill Pence Music 4

Michelle Oberg · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Fantastic live singing and DJ!

Bill was great to work with - This was my first time working with a DJ and he knew all the right questions to ask and gives great advice when needed. He DJ'd our wedding and created a fantastic music environment, including his live singing!

Sent on 05/23/2019

Dear Michelle and Tim,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share such kind words. I'm so glad you and your guests enjoyed your wedding day. Making my clients happy is what keeps me going. Thanks again and all the best.

Bill
    All the best!
    BP
  • Sophia

Sophia Wilson · Married on 05/25/2019

Hands down, best emcee/DJ/singer

Bill was instrumental in making our wedding day absolutely perfect. He has undoubtedly created lasting memories for us as well as all our guests. He was easy to communicate with prior to the wedding and his online forms made it super easy to choose songs for the ceremony and reception. He was flexible, punctual, and enthusiastic. We had 3 spaces across our venue that he needed to set up. He was able to smoothly operate in all areas without any issue. If you have the opportunity to have him sing, we highly recommend it. We had him sing during our cocktail hour, and many of our guests were surprised to find out it was a live person! His DJing was on point! Everyone was kept dancing and the lights he brought to the dance floor added an extra fun element we loved. Bill is worth every penny, and a steal if you ask us. We had multiple guests gush to us about how sweet and fun our DJ was! We were so lucky to have had Bill on our side that day.

Sent on 06/06/2019
  • Debbie

Debbie Shoro · Married on 05/17/2019

Wonderful entertainer!

Bill was the perfect DJ/Entertainer for our wedding reception! He worked well with our guests and made our celebration a huge success! Our guest raved about how great a singer he was and how wonderful it was to enjoy not only the music but also LIVE entertainment! I'll be keeping him in mind whenever we host another large party!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Bill Pence Music's reply:

Thank you so much!!! I'm so happy to have been a part of such a special day in your lives. It was truly an honor to be a part of it!
  • Dani

Dani · Married on 04/26/2019

The perfect DJ for our big day

Bill was such a blast to work with! He was timely, professional, and really helped keep things moving smoothly. we opted to have him sing during dinner, and it was really a nice touch without being in your face. Many of our guests were out on the dancefloor and I had a wonderful time enjoying the party! I really liked the platform he uses which allowed me to give him a sense of what songs/feel I want for each aspect of my wedding. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/05/2019
  • Adrienne

Adrienne · Married on 04/20/2019

Perfect: Totally the best!

Bill was awesome ❤️He’s such a kind, and professional guy. He’s really good, about keeping the party going. You explain your concept to him, and he just goes with it!!! I would totally recommend him!!!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Dear Adrienne,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad that you and your guests had such a great time at your wedding. I love what I do, knowing that people enjoy it is what keeps me going.

Best,

Bill Pence
  • O

Olga Alimova · Married on 02/10/2019

Would recommend to everyone!

Bill was absolutely great, he was able to keep us dancing and incorporate the requested songs into his set. Bill was also able to find and play a pretty rare song that my parents requested on the spot. He made all announcements in time and was flexible when timeline changed a bit, he followed us and our ideas. He was able to provide great value service!

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing DJ! Our guests just raved about him.

We hired Bill Pence to be both our wedding DJ and our officiant for our wedding last month. Finding and booking him was truly a wedding "win" for us! He surpassed all of our expectations on our wedding day and we could not be happier with our choice to book him.

Bill is a GREAT DJ and MC. I spoke with him before the wedding and let him know that I expected no guests would dance (our crowd just doesn't dance). Somehow, he was able to get EVERY SINGLE GUEST (even the ones that would NEVER get on the dance floor) to join us for a celebratory dance! We had no idea he was going to do this and it was AMAZING! Everyone cheered and danced together and it was an absolute BLAST! All of our guests just raved about how much fun it was and how good he was at getting people up and involved even if it was just for 30 minutes. On top of that, he really read the crowd and we had so much positive feedback about his song selection.

Bill is also a terrific singer. If you'd like, he is more than happy to perform during your reception. We had him sing our father/daughter and mother/son dance as well as a selection of classic love songs. These were a huge hit. It was really nice to have him perform the dance song as it took some of the attention away from us. When the dance floor opened and he sang some more classic love songs, we had a bunch of couples come out. It was really sweet and well received. He is a really talented performer, and for us this was a huge plus when booking him we weren't even aware of. We told him to feel free to perform throughout the night since we knew our crowd isn't big on dancing, so when the dance floor emptied he scattered in some additional performances.

On top of his skill, Bill's prices are incredibly reasonable (much more so than any other DJ we could find!). We were initially a bit concerned because his prices are so fair; however, he was extremely professional, reliable, a true expert DJ, and fantastic to work with.

We also booked Bill to be our officiant. During our introduction meeting, he told us he offered officiant services for a small additional cost. As an officiant, Bill was charming. His introduction and script was reliable, funny and brief. However, we did find that logistically it's someone complicated to have your DJ also be your officiant. The ceremony music was a bit awkward and not well integrated as he had to have another staff member assist (so he could offiate). After the ceremony, we also had a bit of confusion and a wait to sign the marriage license as he was setting up the music for cocktail hour. We do not blame bill at all for these issues, I think they is just some inevitable awkwardness in having these two jobs be covered by the same person. If we could go back, we'd probably have a separate officiant just because of those logistical issues, but this was not due to any problem on Bill's part! Just personal preference.

All in all, I wholehearted recommend Bill Pence Music for your wedding DJ needs! He is a true expert and an absolute STEAL when you consider he offers the opportunity to have him perform (which he's amazing at). He was great to work with, our guests LOVED HIM, and he was able to make some very special moments for us!

Sent on 01/11/2019

Brie Sebastien · Married on 11/12/2018

Awesome DJ & Great Singer

Bill Pence is great at what he does! We didn't have a huge list of preselected songs so I told him to use his judgement, I trusted him to select a good portion of the music and he nailed it! Our guests have only raved about how great he was and how much they danced. All our guests young and old had a fun time thanks to Bill. He really knows how to keep people on the dance floor. Our guests also loved that he sang live, as did we! If you hire Bill you won't regret it!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Abigail · Married on 10/27/2018

Is the DJ singing? I thought it was a recording!

Bill is a DJ dream! He asks all the right questions to make sure the sound track to your big day is perfect! He has a beautiful voice that sounds a lot like Frank Sinatra and he will offer to sing for your guests, SAY YES! He sang during our cocktail hour and we heard from so many guests (and other vendors) how they loved it. He has such a wonderful energy that he got nearly every single guest on the dance floor. If I had it all to do it again, I would absolutely book Bill. If you want the wedding DJ perfect package, book him now.

Photo by Jack Vu Photography

Sent on 01/28/2019
    Bill Pence Music 5

Jean Thornton · Married on 10/11/2018

Party time made easy!

Bill was so easy to deal with...his website made choosing our music a breeze. We loved his demeanor & his singing made our wedding extra special.

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Heather

Heather Baker · Married on 09/09/2018

Professional and enthusiastic

Bill was so easy and great to work with! He answered all of my questions punctually leading up to the day, and made me feel confident with how everything was going to pan out. He provided the best soundtrack to our wedding day and announced every transition to a T with great enthusiasm! Thank you Bill for making our wedding day so memorable and fun!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Shelby · Married on 08/18/2018

Bill was awesome! All of our guests absolutely loved him! Many of our guests were making requests and he was very patient and played all of them! He sang during dinner and not only is he an amazing singer but our guests thought it was a great touch! He also communicated with me several times during the night to make sure I was happy with everything and to make sure everything was happening on time! We could not of asked for a better DJ for our wedding night. Thank you Bill!

Sent on 08/20/2018

Stacie · Married on 08/11/2018

We hired Bill for our wedding on 8/11/18. He was absolutely amazing! He did such a great job. Our dance floor was completely full all night! My 83 year old grandma was even dancing most of the time. His music selection was spot on! When preparing for the wedding he made sure to have every song we wanted even if it wasn't already in his library. He paid attention to the small details and really made our wedding and reception very special. For example, he brought extra lighting once we told him about our venue! My only regret was only booking him for 6 hours, we should have done more time! I would highly recommend Bill for any event!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Audrey · Married on 08/04/2018

Bill was nothing short of absolutely amazing!! Throughout the wedding planning process he was very helpful and informative. On the actual wedding day he sung some songs for my guests and they absolutely loved him!!! He was very organized and a pleasure to work with. He had my dance floor packed and followed my timeline to T. I would definitely recommend him to any bride or person whom is throwing an event!!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/25/2018

Bill was a phenomenal DJ at our wedding. He know how to keep guests engaged and entertained while creating a perfect wedding atmosphere! At one point, he had every single one of our guests on the dance floor. As an added bonus to his wonderful DJ skills, he is an INCREDIBLE singer. He performed many songs during our dinner and he was spectacular. So many of our guests commented on how great he was. I would definitely recommend Bill for anyones wedding or event!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Meghan · Married on 06/16/2018

Best DJ ever! We all had soooo much fun at our wedding. Bill sang during our dinner service and did an amazing job. Later in the night...everyone was out on he dance floor. Highly recommend Bill!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Rod · Married on 06/02/2018

We had Bill DJ our June 2, 2018 wedding, and we were not disappointed! He was already set up when the wedding party arrived at the venue (our favorite local restaurant), and he provided an excellent mix of cocktail and dinner music. When the dancing began, he read and managed the crowd, playing music to get everyone fired early, and to keep them coming back to the dance floor until the event inevitably wound down.

We really appreciate Bill's professionalism. He was super responsive to our requests throughout the evening, and he was kind and polite from beginning to end. He provided his services for a competitive price for our area (Northern California), undercutting the local competition even though he had to drive quite a distance to get to our event. His singing added a lot of fun to our reception (the man can sing!) - everyone thought it was awesome we had a singing DJ!

Bill was the perfect choice for our event, and we believe he will be for yours too.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Lindsey · Married on 05/31/2018

My experience with Bill was off the charts! He's as pro as they come and went above and beyond to make my wedding day run smoothly. He handled every request I made with professionalism and accuracy. He read the audience at our reception perfectly, playing exactly what we wanted to hear! (The dance floor was packed all night!) We had him sing at our reception too and he was fantastic! I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Becca · Married on 05/27/2018

Bill was amazing! He kept the wedding flowing smoothly (even when we were off doing bridal party/couple pictures). Our guests loved his music and his singing!

He is truly the best dj I have ever seen at a wedding and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great addition to their wedding or event!

Sent on 06/15/2018

Meribeth · Married on 05/23/2018

Bill was exceptional in all aspects. We really appreciated the professionalism and keeping our timeline on track. The flow of our event was seamless. The lighting and music were worth more than we bargained for. His online music portal makes it very easy to suggest and choose the music you want on your big day. We highly recommend!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2018

Bill Pence is 10 out of 10 INCREDIBLE!

Live singer, MC, Timekeeper AND DJ the day of our wedding.

From our very first inquiry call to execution day, he was professional and easy to work with. He didn’t have “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran in his repertoire yet but he promised me he could learn it for our first dance and not to worry. I didn’t worry and HE WAS AMAZING!!!!! It’s such a unique aspect to a wedding to have live musicians and our guests kept raving about Bill’s live singing. They. LOVED. it. We also had a big dance floor and he had every inch covered! So talented and so experienced, Bill Pence was really 1 thing I didn’t have to worry about.

Planning process: Call and or email. He will answer anything and everything. Response time is always within a few hours if not right away. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Bill has this great planning tool online. The more you fill out, the better he can help execute your vision.

Price: Worth every penny and more. For the peace of mind, his experience, professionalism, talent and all-in-one services, I think Bill actually undercharges because he’s doing what he loves.

I don’t normally write reviews but you bet I read them and Bill Pence really is as good as what people say. Take the stress out of planning where you can. Bill Pence is a good start.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Bill Pence Music's reply:

You made my day!!! So glad you had such a great time. It's weddings like yours that keep me going!!

BP

Meghan · Married on 05/12/2018

Bill did an amazing job getting everyone out of their seats and dancing! He was very easy to work with and was able to make our special requests happen. He figured out our group real quick and kept the music going. Our guests commented about how they loved that occasionally, Bill would sing some of the songs during cocktail hour and dinner but didn't make it obvious. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Dear Meghan and Glen,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that you and your guests had such a good time on your special day. I wish you both the very best and much happiness in the years ahead. Blessings to you both!

Bill

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

Bill was a pleasure to work with. You get more than your money's worth. His online platform allowed me to get EXACTLY the music I wanted so that I ended up with a wedding that my guests and I will NEVER forget. He was timely in his communication and took care to answer all of my questions. He offered helpful and thoughtful suggestions, but also made me feel totally comfortable in turning them down. He showed up early, was well prepared, and was very gracious to all of our guests. One of the aspects that most appealed to me was that he also helped MC the night. He helped to keep the events on track, letting our guests know what was going on and encouraging them to participate. It was especially wonderful given that my wedding coordinator quit less than 2 weeks before the wedding because she had booked a conflicting gig. This was SOOO helpful. He really does understand what goes into these events and his presence enhanced the experience for all. My father liked him so much he was already talking about hiring him for another party!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Bill Pence Music 6
    Bill Pence Music 7
    Bill Pence Music 8

Charlie · Married on 11/24/2017

Bill was amazing. He was quick to respond and made the process very simple, which anyone can appreciate when you are dealing with all the details of a wedding. Bill is an amazing singer and we had him sing at the reception dinner - everyone was extremely impressed. He took requests but most importantly for me on the big day, he took care of working with the hotel, set up and I had to make no major decisions (I actually think I made no decisions since we had arranged everything ahead of time). One piece of advice, we picked our recessional, processional, first and last dance songs (you might have a few more - which his form walked you through - since we had no wedding party) BUT he took care of everything else regarding songs and it was perfect!

Sent on 11/27/2017