Bill Pence Music Reviews

Bill Pence Music 2
Bill Pence Music 3
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing DJ! Our guests just raved about him.

We hired Bill Pence to be both our wedding DJ and our officiant for our wedding last month. Finding and booking him was truly a wedding "win" for us! He surpassed all of our expectations on our wedding day and we could not be happier with our choice to book him.

Bill is a GREAT DJ and MC. I spoke with him before the wedding and let him know that I expected no guests would dance (our crowd just doesn't dance). Somehow, he was able to get EVERY SINGLE GUEST (even the ones that would NEVER get on the dance floor) to join us for a celebratory dance! We had no idea he was going to do this and it was AMAZING! Everyone cheered and danced together and it was an absolute BLAST! All of our guests just raved about how much fun it was and how good he was at getting people up and involved even if it was just for 30 minutes. On top of that, he really read the crowd and we had so much positive feedback about his song selection.

Bill is also a terrific singer. If you'd like, he is more than happy to perform during your reception. We had him sing our father/daughter and mother/son dance as well as a selection of classic love songs. These were a huge hit. It was really nice to have him perform the dance song as it took some of the attention away from us. When the dance floor opened and he sang some more classic love songs, we had a bunch of couples come out. It was really sweet and well received. He is a really talented performer, and for us this was a huge plus when booking him we weren't even aware of. We told him to feel free to perform throughout the night since we knew our crowd isn't big on dancing, so when the dance floor emptied he scattered in some additional performances.

On top of his skill, Bill's prices are incredibly reasonable (much more so than any other DJ we could find!). We were initially a bit concerned because his prices are so fair; however, he was extremely professional, reliable, a true expert DJ, and fantastic to work with.

We also booked Bill to be our officiant. During our introduction meeting, he told us he offered officiant services for a small additional cost. As an officiant, Bill was charming. His introduction and script was reliable, funny and brief. However, we did find that logistically it's someone complicated to have your DJ also be your officiant. The ceremony music was a bit awkward and not well integrated as he had to have another staff member assist (so he could offiate). After the ceremony, we also had a bit of confusion and a wait to sign the marriage license as he was setting up the music for cocktail hour. We do not blame bill at all for these issues, I think they is just some inevitable awkwardness in having these two jobs be covered by the same person. If we could go back, we'd probably have a separate officiant just because of those logistical issues, but this was not due to any problem on Bill's part! Just personal preference.

All in all, I wholehearted recommend Bill Pence Music for your wedding DJ needs! He is a true expert and an absolute STEAL when you consider he offers the opportunity to have him perform (which he's amazing at). He was great to work with, our guests LOVED HIM, and he was able to make some very special moments for us!

Brie Sebastien · Married on 11/12/2018

Awesome DJ & Great Singer

Bill Pence is great at what he does! We didn't have a huge list of preselected songs so I told him to use his judgement, I trusted him to select a good portion of the music and he nailed it! Our guests have only raved about how great he was and how much they danced. All our guests young and old had a fun time thanks to Bill. He really knows how to keep people on the dance floor. Our guests also loved that he sang live, as did we! If you hire Bill you won't regret it!

Jean Thornton · Married on 10/11/2018

Party time made easy!

Bill was so easy to deal with...his website made choosing our music a breeze. We loved his demeanor & his singing made our wedding extra special.

• Heather

Heather Baker · Married on 09/09/2018

Professional and enthusiastic

Bill was so easy and great to work with! He answered all of my questions punctually leading up to the day, and made me feel confident with how everything was going to pan out. He provided the best soundtrack to our wedding day and announced every transition to a T with great enthusiasm! Thank you Bill for making our wedding day so memorable and fun!

Shelby · Married on 08/18/2018

Bill was awesome! All of our guests absolutely loved him! Many of our guests were making requests and he was very patient and played all of them! He sang during dinner and not only is he an amazing singer but our guests thought it was a great touch! He also communicated with me several times during the night to make sure I was happy with everything and to make sure everything was happening on time! We could not of asked for a better DJ for our wedding night. Thank you Bill!

Stacie · Married on 08/11/2018

We hired Bill for our wedding on 8/11/18. He was absolutely amazing! He did such a great job. Our dance floor was completely full all night! My 83 year old grandma was even dancing most of the time. His music selection was spot on! When preparing for the wedding he made sure to have every song we wanted even if it wasn't already in his library. He paid attention to the small details and really made our wedding and reception very special. For example, he brought extra lighting once we told him about our venue! My only regret was only booking him for 6 hours, we should have done more time! I would highly recommend Bill for any event!

Audrey · Married on 08/04/2018

Bill was nothing short of absolutely amazing!! Throughout the wedding planning process he was very helpful and informative. On the actual wedding day he sung some songs for my guests and they absolutely loved him!!! He was very organized and a pleasure to work with. He had my dance floor packed and followed my timeline to T. I would definitely recommend him to any bride or person whom is throwing an event!!

Caitlin · Married on 07/25/2018

Bill was a phenomenal DJ at our wedding. He know how to keep guests engaged and entertained while creating a perfect wedding atmosphere! At one point, he had every single one of our guests on the dance floor. As an added bonus to his wonderful DJ skills, he is an INCREDIBLE singer. He performed many songs during our dinner and he was spectacular. So many of our guests commented on how great he was. I would definitely recommend Bill for anyones wedding or event!

Meghan · Married on 06/16/2018

Best DJ ever! We all had soooo much fun at our wedding. Bill sang during our dinner service and did an amazing job. Later in the night...everyone was out on he dance floor. Highly recommend Bill!!!!!!!

Rod · Married on 06/02/2018

We had Bill DJ our June 2, 2018 wedding, and we were not disappointed! He was already set up when the wedding party arrived at the venue (our favorite local restaurant), and he provided an excellent mix of cocktail and dinner music. When the dancing began, he read and managed the crowd, playing music to get everyone fired early, and to keep them coming back to the dance floor until the event inevitably wound down.

We really appreciate Bill's professionalism. He was super responsive to our requests throughout the evening, and he was kind and polite from beginning to end. He provided his services for a competitive price for our area (Northern California), undercutting the local competition even though he had to drive quite a distance to get to our event. His singing added a lot of fun to our reception (the man can sing!) - everyone thought it was awesome we had a singing DJ!

Bill was the perfect choice for our event, and we believe he will be for yours too.

Lindsey · Married on 05/31/2018

My experience with Bill was off the charts! He's as pro as they come and went above and beyond to make my wedding day run smoothly. He handled every request I made with professionalism and accuracy. He read the audience at our reception perfectly, playing exactly what we wanted to hear! (The dance floor was packed all night!) We had him sing at our reception too and he was fantastic! I cannot recommend him highly enough!

Becca · Married on 05/27/2018

Bill was amazing! He kept the wedding flowing smoothly (even when we were off doing bridal party/couple pictures). Our guests loved his music and his singing!

He is truly the best dj I have ever seen at a wedding and I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a great addition to their wedding or event!

Meribeth · Married on 05/23/2018

Bill was exceptional in all aspects. We really appreciated the professionalism and keeping our timeline on track. The flow of our event was seamless. The lighting and music were worth more than we bargained for. His online music portal makes it very easy to suggest and choose the music you want on your big day. We highly recommend!

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2018

Bill Pence is 10 out of 10 INCREDIBLE!

Live singer, MC, Timekeeper AND DJ the day of our wedding.

From our very first inquiry call to execution day, he was professional and easy to work with. He didn’t have “Perfect” by Ed Sheeran in his repertoire yet but he promised me he could learn it for our first dance and not to worry. I didn’t worry and HE WAS AMAZING!!!!! It’s such a unique aspect to a wedding to have live musicians and our guests kept raving about Bill’s live singing. They. LOVED. it. We also had a big dance floor and he had every inch covered! So talented and so experienced, Bill Pence was really 1 thing I didn’t have to worry about.

Planning process: Call and or email. He will answer anything and everything. Response time is always within a few hours if not right away. DO YOUR HOMEWORK! Bill has this great planning tool online. The more you fill out, the better he can help execute your vision.

Price: Worth every penny and more. For the peace of mind, his experience, professionalism, talent and all-in-one services, I think Bill actually undercharges because he’s doing what he loves.

I don’t normally write reviews but you bet I read them and Bill Pence really is as good as what people say. Take the stress out of planning where you can. Bill Pence is a good start.

Sent on 06/06/2018

Bill Pence Music's reply:

You made my day!!! So glad you had such a great time. It's weddings like yours that keep me going!!

BP

Meghan · Married on 05/12/2018

Bill did an amazing job getting everyone out of their seats and dancing! He was very easy to work with and was able to make our special requests happen. He figured out our group real quick and kept the music going. Our guests commented about how they loved that occasionally, Bill would sing some of the songs during cocktail hour and dinner but didn't make it obvious. We could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Dear Meghan and Glen,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Nothing makes me happier than knowing that you and your guests had such a good time on your special day. I wish you both the very best and much happiness in the years ahead. Blessings to you both!

Bill

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

Bill was a pleasure to work with. You get more than your money's worth. His online platform allowed me to get EXACTLY the music I wanted so that I ended up with a wedding that my guests and I will NEVER forget. He was timely in his communication and took care to answer all of my questions. He offered helpful and thoughtful suggestions, but also made me feel totally comfortable in turning them down. He showed up early, was well prepared, and was very gracious to all of our guests. One of the aspects that most appealed to me was that he also helped MC the night. He helped to keep the events on track, letting our guests know what was going on and encouraging them to participate. It was especially wonderful given that my wedding coordinator quit less than 2 weeks before the wedding because she had booked a conflicting gig. This was SOOO helpful. He really does understand what goes into these events and his presence enhanced the experience for all. My father liked him so much he was already talking about hiring him for another party!

Bill Pence Music 4
    Bill Pence Music 5
    Bill Pence Music 6

Charlie · Married on 11/24/2017

Bill was amazing. He was quick to respond and made the process very simple, which anyone can appreciate when you are dealing with all the details of a wedding. Bill is an amazing singer and we had him sing at the reception dinner - everyone was extremely impressed. He took requests but most importantly for me on the big day, he took care of working with the hotel, set up and I had to make no major decisions (I actually think I made no decisions since we had arranged everything ahead of time). One piece of advice, we picked our recessional, processional, first and last dance songs (you might have a few more - which his form walked you through - since we had no wedding party) BUT he took care of everything else regarding songs and it was perfect!

Adrienne · Married on 10/28/2017

Bill was absolutely incredible! Everyone had an amazing time. His music selection was brilliant, and his singing voice is beautiful. He kept the party going all night. I wish I could have spent more time on the dance floor! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ. Thank you Bill you are quite talented!

Ana · Married on 10/21/2017

I give Bill Pence 5 starts with no doubt!! I have to admit that I was a little nervous; I solely hired Bill Pence based on the reviews online. I’m big on reviews so I based it other people’s opinions and I’m SO glad I did. My name is Ana and I recently got married. Our wedding was Mexican/American wedding. My family does not speak English and my husband’s family doesn’t speak Spanish. I was nervous because my family LOVES to dance and I wanted good dancing music that they were used to dancing. My husband’s family is not big on dancing, but I also wanted to have music in English. I’m so impressed by Bill’s skills. All I had to do was give him a few songs of the type of Mexican music I wanted him to play since there are a lot of different types of Mexican music. Well, he nailed it! I kept hearing how much fun everyone had. My family was on the dance floor the whole time and even my husband’s family was dancing to Mexican music. He took turns to play both English and Spanish music and the transition was so smooth! I saw people dancing that I have never seen danced SO much! My friends were telling me that the music was the BEST! That the DJ was awesome and he was funny too! He had people on the dancing floor the whole time. I honestly say that we all had so much fun. The way he coordinates everything is so great. There were some things I didn’t think of and he brought them up when we were going over the timeline. He thinks of EVERYTHING! Throughout the night he made sure we did everything I had on my timeline and I didn’t have to remember anything that day. He always let me know what was coming next and/or if I needed more time, etc. The whole day from the ceremony music, cocktail music and dancing music was exceptional! If you have any doubt to hire him; don’t doubt! He’s the best and you will not regret it!! I’m still impressed of how little information I gave him on Mexican music and he played exactly what my family is used to. Thank you, Bill!!!

Cariss · Married on 10/15/2017

Bill was an absolute delight to work with for our wedding. He was professional and all my guests enjoyed his cheerful attitude and pleasant demeanor.
    When we told him we wanted to stay strictly within our 1940's genre, he was up to the task and played a wonderful mix of music that we could both dine to during dinner and then dance to after. We would hire him again in a heartbeat.
    Thank you, Bill, for making our special day all the more wonderful, filled with beautiful music.

Sent on 11/17/2017

Bill Pence Music's reply:

Thank you, it was my pleasure!!

Ashleigh · Married on 10/07/2017

Bill Pence was awesome! Very personal and made everything so easy. I talked to many DJs when preparing for my wedding reception and I felt the most confident about my choice with Bill. Great to work with, very responsive and even though my reception took place during the day - he had the dance floor going the whole time! Thank you for making our wedding such a blast - people are still talking about how much fun they had!

• F

Felicia · Married on 10/01/2017

First of all, Bill is as nice as they come. We have seen other DJs push their brand at wedding we have attended and we knew we wanted someone who was going to put us first, above anything else. That was Bill. Not only did he ensure that we were the center of attention, but he knows his stuff! He's been in the business for a long time and knows how to throw a party! From the ceremony to the reception, Bill was the perfect fit for us. Highly recommended!

Melissa · Married on 09/17/2017

Bill was great. I sent him a message for a quote at about 11:30 pm and got a call the next day with some follow up questions so he could give an accurate quote. During the month before the wedding, he got a few frantic emails from me because I was lost at what to do, and how to get the timing right. He calmed my fears and helped me through all my questions. He was willing to do whatever made me most comfortable for my wedding and was always just an email or call away.

He showed up on time and had everything set up and ready to go, even though we ran late getting started. He was patient and so fun to work with. I'm thankful we chose him and will definitely be recommending him to others.

Sophie · Married on 07/29/2017

I hired Bill for our 25th wedding anniversary party and he was everything that we wanted and more! Beyond being the perfect DJ, he was a natural at being an MC and was an expert in keeping the guests entertained and the party moving smoothly. He made announcements as needed, and knew what songs to play and when to sing.

Our event consisted of a cocktail reception, renewal of marriage vows, dinner service, and dancing. He has a a beautiful voice and some of our guests told me that they walked over to see which artist he was playing of a hit song and was surprised and impressed to discover that it was him singing! It was very classy to have him singing during the reception. It was also amazing that he was able to sing Unchained Melody (which was our wedding dance song 25 years ago) as our son escorted me down to our garden for the renewing of vows ceremony.

As a DJ, he has a wide variety of songs and was a crowd pleaser - he had the right balance of oldies but goodies and current cool hits. He got the us generation of friends (in our 50's and 60's) out on the dance floor but also kept my college-aged kids up and dancing with the current popular songs too. My son who has become a DJ for his fraternity parties was impressed with Bill -- and that's a big endorsement!

Overall, Bill exceeded our expectations and I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to hire someone who is more than a great DJ. I made an i-Movie of our event and the songs he sang really made the video even more special. I love his voice so much that I now listen to his CD often. I would give him more than 5 stars if I could!