Bill Calhoun Mobile Music Reviews

59 | San Diego, CA

59 Reviews for Bill Calhoun Mobile Music

Elizabeth · Married on 07/18/2008

Professional, knowledgeable and willing to share advice and answer questions about the reception in general (not just relating to music), managed the flow of the evening very well according to our individual preferences and needs

Sent on 10/11/2008

Bill Calhoun is a fantastic DJ, with a wonderful voice and personality, nothing that you wouldn't want (nothing cheesy or stupid or intrusive or annoying or too loud or too quiet). He was reliable, professional, kind, funny, warm, and great to work with. He played all the songs we really wanted and everybody complimented us on the music. We had a lot of fun dancing and partying and Bill was a big part of this!!! Yay Bill!! He was also flexible on the schedule, the costs and everything. He even did special songs for our processional and they were perfect. (I requested special start time on a special song, etc.) Hire Bill Calhoun as your DJ! You won't regret it!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Stephanie · Married on 10/05/2012

We changed (sort of) last minute from a band to a DJ and this company was great! As soon as I would call and leave a message, I would always get a prompt response if I had any questions. The DJ at our event did an awesome job of integrating the songs we wanted in our cocktail hour and then working with what the dancing crowd wanted at our reception. Everyone had an absolute blast and danced all night! The DJ kept things moving throughout the night and did a great job at coordinating the money dance, cake cutting, bouquet toss etc. in a timely fashion. Having a DJ was worth the little extra cost and this company is wonderful!

Sent on 11/06/2012

Patrick · Married on 07/09/2012

Bill was great to work with. It was nice to let him take care of the order of events so that my bride and I could just enjoy ourselves. His song choices were wonderful and he read the crowd perfectly.

Sent on 08/05/2012

Laurie · Married on 08/08/2010

Bill is a cool guy with a great personality, someone you would trust making announcements at your wedding, without saying lame or embarrassing things. He was also very on top of things, like letting us know that we should probably do the cake a little sooner than planned because it seemed like some people were getting ready to leave, etc. My only complaint would be that he didn't have a couple of songs that are pretty popular and I would assume any DJ would have, and he also played a song by an artist that was specifically on our do-not-play list (but someone did request it).

Sent on 09/05/2010

Bill Calhoun Mobile Music's reply:

Hi Laurie and Nick! ...sorry about playing the song that was from a "no-play" artist... Laurie your dad really wanted to hear Poker Face...and I started to try to talk him out of it. But, Fathers of Brides are really sensative about everything on the wedding day... So, I tried to get it played early during the dancing for him! I am usually really good about a no-play list...

It was fun playing for you! Nice reception!

Thanks so much for a fun event!

Sent on 09/07/2013

Susan · Married on 05/19/2012

We contracted with Bill Calhoun Mobile Music for our wedding. Bill was responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. Our day of DJ, Dave, spun a good mix that created the right atmosphere for the occasion and kept the crowd on the dance floor. During the day, he's an announcer at SeaWorld, which showed as he effectively communicated with our guests and kept our event on schedule. The only hiccup occurred towards the end of the night as he forgot to pause the music for our final thank you's / goodbye to our guests. Dave took so many song requests from our guests that we didn't get to hear all the songs on our wish list, but overall, he did a great job with setting the right vibe and ensuring that our guests were enjoying themselves as they danced the night away.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Jeanne · Married on 11/18/2007

3.0

I found it very easy to book my wedding date with Bill. It was a little hard to contact him via phone, was able to get a response via email in a timely manor though. My only concern when I booked with Bill was that he doesn't actually come as your dj. He sends someone else. I did have a phone conversation with the other dj. He did a great job at the wedding.

Sent on 12/11/2007