Bill Calhoun Mobile Music Reviews

59 | San Diego, CA

59 Reviews for Bill Calhoun Mobile Music

allie · Married on 08/08/2014

Bill did such a wonderful job at my wedding! He went over any questions we had before the wedding with us, even playing us different versions of songs to help me make my decision, very professional. I sent him so many song selections for different parts of the wedding and he played everything perfectly. As I was getting ready for the ceremony I could hear all my favorite songs being played as guests were being seated. That was a great feeling! During the ceremony all of the music was perfect!! I found myself thanking him several times during the event because I just felt like the music really sets the tone and everything he did was just right. During the introductions he announced all of our names correctly which wasn't an easy task. Each song I had picked for specific dances ended at the exact times I had requested. After the mother son and father daughter dance he knew exactly what to do to get everyone on the dance floor. I had a 90 person wedding and he kept the dance floor full the ENTIRE time. Everyone was dancing from the wedding party to the grandparents to the kids and all the men that "Don't Dance" they were all on the dance floor having a great time. I truly feel like the DJ plays a major role in the flow of the event and Bill Calhoun did a flawless job! So grateful I found him and had him as my DJ. I would choose him again and again!

Sent on 12/22/2014
  • O

Oliva · Married on 07/19/2014

Bill and his DJ/MC talents were a true blessing at my daughter's wedding. Bill was always very timely and professional in responding to my emails/calls and provided expert consultation to help make my daughter's wedding ceremony and reception as beautiful and smooth as possible. Everything went perfectly with Bill at the helm and I am very grateful for his expertise, professionalism, enthusiasm, time-management, reasonable pricing and awesome voice and personality! Bill exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend him. Look no further if you want a DJ/MC that will keep the party organized, flowing smoothly, and ensuring a fun,memorable and stress-free event! I am very grateful to Bill and was honored to have as a critical part of my daughter's wedding - he's the best and won't let you down! Book early!

Sent on 12/22/2014

Ayami · Married on 06/17/2014

DJ Bill did a wonderful job at our wedding reception!! We were worried that the reception might be too quiet because it was a small wedding of only about 30 people. BUT there was nothing to worry about! He played all the music with the best timing, announced our names and led the reception (when to toast, when to cut the cake, etc...) He made everything so smooth, exciting, and perfect!!
    He has a huge song list to choose from. Since I wasn't very sure what I wanted, the list helped so much. And of course he let us make a list of special requests from songs not included on the list, and he played a lot of them. He also played some songs that were not on the song list and they were great too!! Our guests had so much fun dancing around!! We were so glad we had him for our reception and we just can't thank him enough!!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Malisa · Married on 09/21/2013

DJ Dave Smith was our DJ for our 9/21/13 wedding at Loews in Coronado. Bill was already booked when we contact him in Dec 2012 but he assured us that Dave would be great - and he was! Dave is familiar with Loews which made it easy for all parties involved. Bill and Dave made it so easy to coordinate what songs we wanted for the wedding ceremony and it turned out perfect. I was able to walk down the aisle to the exact lyrics I had requested. During our cocktail hour, Dave played my favorite song - who gets to really enjoy any part of their own cocktail hour? I'm glad to say I did. For our reception, Dave emceed with just the right amount of fun and enthusiasm, and played all of our "must play" songs. He was great at feeling out the crowd to keep the dance floor packed all night. We couldn't be happier with how the music turned out!! Thanks, Dave!! P.S. We've attended 2 weddings that Bill DJ'ed and he was equally as amazing. So regardless of who you get, you won't be disappointed. Prices are incredibly reasonable too!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Leah · Married on 12/12/2012

Best DJ ever!
    Bill Calhoun was referred to me through a friend. I thought he was great at her wedding, but didn’t pay that close attention. When it was my reception, we wanted to make sure the music was perfect. My husband and I had gone through our own music to find songs we love and that would be relevant, but Bill worked his magic. He asked us smart questions about the type of music we wanted, and what the mood/feel of the event should be like. He asked about the ages of our guests to make sure there was a little something for everyone. He delivered. We had great energy at our event, with people on the dance floor until the party was shut down. People are still telling me how great the music was!

Bill was also great as an MC, making announcements and moving the evening along. He was very observant of the pace of the party and knew when to pick things up a bit. He also provided the up-lights at our event. These lights made our space just that much more dynamic, and Bill made it easy by taking it off our list. We had an unforgettable evening – and would highly recommend Bill Calhoun!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Michelle · Married on 12/01/2012

We hired DJ Bill for our wedding a few weeks ago and I could not have asked for anything more from him. He was exactly the type of DJ I wanted, someone who can read a crowd, get everyone involved, and not make the reception about them and their music. I would recommend him to any bride or event planner looking for a DJ.
    When we initially met with Bill, he wrote out an entire timeline for our reception with his expertise on how long each part of the reception will take, how to make everything flow, how he will introduce everything. The timeline was exactly what I was looking for and so helpful for us in planning the reception. I also felt confident that I would not need to send him an entire list of songs I wanted. He provided me with some song ideas for the father daughter dance, etc. I sent him what I wanted for the special dances and a few ideas of other songs we liked and he took it from there. I got a lot of compliments from wedding guests that he was very friendly, took requests but did not seek them out and kept the party going. Stop looking and book DJ Bill.

Sent on 12/12/2012

Bill was a pleasure to work with. He did a great job getting people on the dance floor and managing the feeling and flow of the reception. He was with us the whole night to guide us into our "special moments" (ie: toasts, bouquet toss, etc.). He easily made last minute changes to our grand entrance, and he was able to accommodate all of our guests song requests! We were a little hesitant at first because Bill was remarkably less expensive than other area DJ's, but in the end His services are worth much more than he charges for them! Best DJ ever!

Sent on 10/17/2012

My husband and I chose Bill Calhoun Mobile Music as our DJ for our wedding. I researched a few DJ's and we met with two. However, I was referred to Bill by a friend at work and another friend of mine ended up booking with him after I did as well. We had a very long engagement (nearly two years) and booked early, so we were able to request that Bill personally DJ our wedding. We were very impressed with Bill. Not only is he very friendly and easy going, but he has a great voice and didn't seem like he'd be "cheesy" (which was one of the concerns my husband and I had about a wedding DJ). My husband is also a huge heavy metal fan so we wanted to make sure that he'd be ok playing all types of music, and he was. In addition, his price couldn't be beat! Since we did book so early, I had several questions throughout the process and Bill always responded to me quickly and answered all of my questions. He also met with us at the venue several months before the wedding as he had never been to that particular location. I thought it was really nice that he took the time do this so we could figure out where he'd need to set up and how everything would work. He does have a pretty extensive music list and he also allows you to add any music that you'd like to have, as long as you send them to him on a CD two weeks before your wedding. Bill did a great job on the day of our wedding. Everything went very smoothly and we couldn't have been happier. He also read the crowd well, kept the music going and kept the crowd happy . . . I couldn't believe the amount of people that were dancing and continued dancing all night! Bill is super nice, reliable, knowledgeable and friendly and he did a great job. If you are looking for a wedding DJ (or a DJ for any event), look no further! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/14/2013

Shannon · Married on 06/30/2012

We had the great pleasure of having DJ Dave at our wedding and he was wonderful! He chose a great mix of music that appealed to all ages and was unobtrusive throughout the wedding. He showed up on time and provided excellent customer service. We highly recommend Bill Calhoun Mobile Music.

Sent on 07/01/2012

sheree · Married on 06/15/2012

Bill was an old high school friend of mine who was also recommended to us by our caterer. They were so right! He had timelines down to a tee and kept the party going and everyone dancing the whole night. It was just amazing how everything flowed so nicely. His song choices were in the thousands and every age group was pleased and dancing the night away! Really made for a memorable wedding, and one that we recieve compliments on daily on how fun it was! We love Bill Calhoun and recommend him to anyone who wants great music, professional, all kinds of lighting and FUN!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Heather · Married on 05/05/2012

Bill did an awesome job as the DJ at our wedding! He played music before our ceremony and during our cocktail hour and wedding reception. He was incredibly friendly and professional throughout and did a fabulous job of keeping the dance floor packed and happy! Our wedding had kids, twentysomethings, and lots of grandparents - he played a good mix of music that kept our wedding guests of all generations dancing!

He had lots of music to choose from, and we were able to give him a list of songs that weren’t listed already in his catalog that we wanted him to get for our wedding. During the reception, he even played songs off a couple of wedding guests' iphones, including a song my cousin had recorded! When my cousin starting singing along to the song he had recorded, Bill ran over with a mic so he could give an impromptu live performance!

Everyone had such a wonderful time at our reception, and so many of our guests said they loved the music! Thank you Bill!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 12/22/2011

Bill was able to adjust songs to encourage folks to get out onto the floor and dance; not all of our guests were willing to get on the floor but with some creativity he drew folks out. The majority of music we picked made it into the play list. He was willing to work with our "game" idea - we gave out ornaments for our gifts that were decorated in a certain way. Through the reading of clues, Bill drew in the crowd and excitement was had by all (especially those that won). We were lucky to get Bill himself and again, he was very engaging and professional in his deejaying throughout the evening.

Sent on 01/17/2012

Desirae · Married on 11/06/2011

Bill Calhoun Mobile Music was a professional and awesome DJ. Everyone at our wedding loved him. He was great at keeping the pace of the wedding going with dancing, etc. We let him handle all of them music and are so glad we did because he had great selections!

Sent on 11/22/2011

Kristen · Married on 10/21/2011

Bill was awesome at our wedding! He was a lot of fun and very professional. My friends and I were dancing all night long! He provided us with a packet of songs to choose ones we would like played. It was very helpful to get ideas for songs. I pick some songs but left most of it it him. With the few choices I made he was able to get guests off their feet and dancing from my grandmother to my friends! Everything went perfectly to plan from the timing of songs to announcements. He was even able to pronounce my new very difficult last name! Bill is also very reasonably priced for the impressive experience and talent he brings. He provided us with all our beautiful up lighting that gave our reception that extra glam. I feel very lucky we found him! Thanks Bill!

Sent on 10/26/2011

Angela · Married on 08/11/2011

Bill is great!! Our wedding planner recommended him and we were never disappointed. He is such a nice and friendly guy and really works with you to make sure you have everything you need. He is very professional and definitely knows what he is doing. He even provided a mic and mic stand for our ukelele player on the beach along with a extra speaker at cocktail hour. He is SO helpful! He played the exact type of music that we wanted at our reception and turned it up when people were ready to dance! He is very good at reading the crowd and making it fun! We had a blast at our reception! Our family and friends were dancing and doing "the train" together on the dance floor! Definitely a good time. We would recommend Bill to everyone. Next time we plan a big party, we are definitely calling him! :)

Sent on 10/09/2011

Annalise · Married on 05/18/2011

Bill was absolutely wonderful to work with! He helped create our timeline for the reception that worked perfectly. All the songs we wanted were played and the songs he chose were all ones that we would have chose on our own. We had friends that wanted specific songs played and he was able to play them from their Iphones. All of our guests had a really fun time and I would highly recommend using Bill for a DJ!

Sent on 05/21/2011

Claudette · Married on 02/18/2011

I learned about Bill through my wedding planner. I gave her an idea and budget and feel and she recommended him. We couldn't be happier. From the first meeting we new that we were in good hands. Bill got the feel we were going for immiately and was more than happy to work with us in any way. When it came to selecting specific songs that weren't in his list, he was quick to look them up and download them for us with no issue. Our wedding was outside on the beach and Bill provided the ceremony music as well as the sound system/mic for us and the Officiant. Well it ended up being a rainy windy day and we had to have the ceremony tented. Bills equiptment was perfect! You can hear every word of our ceremony crystal clear. I couldn't be happier about that. The reception was out of this world. The music selections that he made were perfect. My friends and family were up on their feet dancing. Said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Bill is fantastic and we are so happy to have had him be a part of our wedding.

Sent on 03/01/2011

Katherine · Married on 10/02/2010

Dave was awesome too. He was easy to work with (all communication was with Bill prior to the wedding) and I only had a couple tiny questions before I went to get my hair and makeup taken care of and he answered them quickly. He ran the ceremony music very well and all our announcements were perfect and fluid. He must have stuck pretty darn close to the time line since all of my key elements (garter and bouquet toss, cake cutting etc.) were all taken care of before the videographer and photographers left. Everyone had a blast and not even once did I see the dance floor even close to empty :)

Sent on 10/19/2010

Carolyn · Married on 07/30/2010

We had Larry Barajas as our DJ and he was fantastic! I planned the wedding from afar, so I hadn't actually met him until I got to the reception. Their prices were very reasonable and they had all the songs ready to go and were already playing by the time we got to the reception. Larry was very easy going, and rolled with the punches. I am so happy that we had him because he kept the party going and kept everything organized and on time. I had no idea what time it was or where or what I was supposed to do, and thanks to Larry, it all went incredibly smoothly.
    As a side note; he Larry just sounds like a radio personality, his voice is fantastic and I think it just made the night that much better!

Sent on 08/02/2010

Katharine · Married on 07/18/2010

This guy is awesome! Our photographers recommended him, and boy did they come through! Bill is a true professional, and he charges half of what most other DJs charge. If you think because he charges less he’s not as good, you’re wrong. He has a good selection of music and will get anything you request (ahead of time) if he doesn’t have it. He’s great about sticking to your timeline and requests. He knows how to read a crowd. He even includes a separate smaller set-up for sound support and music if you have an outdoor ceremony. If you want lots of special lighting and crazy effects, then he may not be for you; but if you want a fun professional DJ who will get people out on the floor, then book Bill!

Sent on 08/03/2010

Drea · Married on 07/09/2010

We chose Bill as our DJ after our friends booked him for their wedding a year ago, where he kept the dance floor packed. Sure enough, he did the same for us. He was incredibly professional, kept the time line moving and was so easy going and nice throughout the whole day. I highly recommend his services to San Diego brides!

Sent on 07/18/2010

Carrie · Married on 04/24/2010

Bill did an amazing job at our wedding! I knew when we met him that I loved his outgoing personality so we made sure we'd get him(and not one of his partners). My husband was pretty particular about his music and Bill did a great job of keeping the dance floor moving! I would reccommend him for sure!!

Sent on 05/14/2010

Stephanie · Married on 01/02/2010

Bill was great. He helped us make the timeline for the reception and then took over from there - we didn't have to worry about anything all night! The music was fun and Bill did a great job announcing all of the important events.

Sent on 01/09/2010
  • mizzmeems

Amy · Married on 09/06/2009

Bill Calhoun absolutely made my wedding so much fun. We couldn't get the guests off the dance floor. He knew exactly what to play to get everyone up. I would definitely recommend his services. Thank you Bill!!!!

Sent on 10/02/2009

Kelly · Married on 04/25/2009

Bill was very professional and extremely nice. I was also a guest at 2 other weddings where either he or Dave was the dj and they both know how to read the crowd and get people dancing. Their prices are extremely reasonable and the services are fabulous!

Sent on 05/22/2009