156 Reviews for Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Ardmore

Sample Gowns (2)
Flower Girls (1)
Trunk Shows (1)
Garters (1)

I went to Bijou on June 17 only to "look" at wedding dresses. It's very difficult to find a dress I like without seeing it and saying, "I wish it had this or that". My mom, my cousin and a good friend were with me. They could not have paired me with a better consultant on that day... Jen was FANTABULOUS!!!!!!! I was extremely nervous (having gone through the process years ago without a wedding) and anxious. Not only did she make me feel comfortable, but she made the day so much more memorable! And not only did I walk away with THE perfect dress (one that just came into the store three days before), but I tried it on simply because Jen asked me to! And, she put a veil on that tied everything in perfectly. The dress is a Maggie Sottero - Rory. Jen - thank you again for such an awesome experience!!! I appreciate you, your service, and your candor from the bottom of my heart!!!!!! ** I know there are two Jen's at the store and I apologize I don't know her last name. But hopefully by providing you with this information, you will know who she is and give her the accolades she deserves! There were others that were extremely helpful as well (I cannot remember her name either - but she was instrumental in helping me with my meltdown when I came back in on July 6!) I cannot say enough about how happy I am with Bijou as a whole and look forward to my next visit with my bridesmaids on August 19!

Profile Picture Desiree, 9/8/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride

A friend of my mother's recommended Bijou Bridal after having a great experience with them for her daughter's wedding and I am so thrilled we decided to check them out! I found an absolutely gorgeous and unique dress and it was under my budget, a huge plus :) And everyone who helped us was so kind and each time we went in they remembered who we were immediately and never failed to ask how I was and how the planning was going. My bridesmaids and my mom also got their dresses at Bijou and they looked gorgeous! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great service and great prices, and of course great dresses!

Profile Picture Mary, 8/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride

Bijou Bridal was recommended to me by one of my bridesmaids. We walked in and immediately saw the variety of the dresses and gowns. Our bridal attendant was awesome she got me into a bunch of dresses in a short amount of time. When it was down to 2 dresses, she let me appointment run long so I could make the best decision. Once I chose my dress, Bijou called me back to make sure it was correct. I then scheduled 3 fittings with Jill who is the absolute best. Jill my seamstress has such great attention to detail it was very refreshing. I couldn't of asked for a better experience. Dress were beautiful, well priced, and very great staff to work with!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/20/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I recently purchased my ceremony and reception gowns from Bijou. I worked with Saniyyah, who was absolutely amazing! She was so kind and accommodating. My mother and I had been to several bridal salons and we didn't receive the welcome and warmth as we did at Bijou. Saniyyah also worked with us to give us a discount as we purchased two gowns. I was becoming discouraged from the dress process but the first time I walked into Bijou I knew I would find my dress.

Profile Picture Patrice, 7/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils

Bijou Bridal was wonderful to work with. The consultant I worked with, Erica, was attentive and conscious of my budget. Every time she pulled a dress, if it was close to my budget, she made me aware of it and checked to make sure I wanted to try it on. Within a few dresses we had found the perfect one, under budget. I could not have had a better experience dress shopping.

Profile Picture Sara, 5/19/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids

Bijou was a brides dream just upon walking in the door! The girls are so helpful, especially Sarah! She picked the dress I said yes to!

Profile Picture Angela, 3/9/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress was AMAZING! It looked even better than I imagined on the day of the actual wedding. The staff was attentive and supportive at Bijou, but also gave helpful advice and opinions. The seamstress was magnificent and made my dress look like it was solely designed for me.

Photo for Bijou Bridal & Special Occasion Ardmore Review
Profile Picture Megan, 1/5/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Veils

My experience at Bijou was perfect from the very beginning! They were patient and helpful with the challenging process of picking the perfect process and I really appreciated the huge selection at reasonable price points. While the whole process was amazing, I can not say enough about how fantastic Nicolette was to work with. She's a magician--there wasn't anything I asked for that she couldn't find a way to do. She changed my bustle at the last minute, sewed my husband's baby blanket into my dress, and even put tiny invisible plastic snaps for a bustle on the front of my dress so I could wear the sneakers I wanted to wear to dance in and not have to worry about tripping over my dress. She was an absolute to work with and I'm so grateful to have had her help!

Profile Picture Paige, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils, Bride, Alterations, Cleaning

My wife found the perfect dress here. But that's not the best part. The best part was the amazing service Bijou Bridal provided. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Tom, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids

The team at Bijou was fantastic! They offer a large variety of dress at great prices. The store is by appointment only, however they did manage to squeeze us in at the last moment. I would recommend making an appointment earlier in the day as they do have a large selection to go through and dresses to try on.

Pam was amazing during alterations and such a sweet heart! It was a pleasure to go and see her every few weeks during the fittings.

Profile Picture Jeni, 9/8/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom, Alterations
1.7

I went to Bijou to look at bridal gowns. I was not impressed by the variety of dresses- I felt they all looked the same. Many were dingy and some were ripped. I am a curvy girl and many of the dresses did not fit me. The stylist was not very helpful in the dressing room- she did not help me put the dresses on, as other boutiques have done. I had very high expectations and unfortunately was very disappointed.

Profile Picture User6911929, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My dress was absolutely stunning and the price was perfect! Very helpful staff!

Profile Picture Abby, 8/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I ordered my bridesmaids dresses from here. Despite the fact that many of my ladies are scattered across the country, Bijou was incredibly accommodating. The ordering process couldn't have been easier. The dresses (and my ladies) looked amazing on the wedding day!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 7/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids, Sample Gowns

I have had nothing but positive experiences here! From buying the dress to fittings with Nicolette, I am very pleased with their customer service and the quality of their products. As I am one of 5 girls in my family, I definitely plan to bring them here for their dresses too.

Profile Picture User7925788, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Loved my experience at Bijou Bridal in Ardmore. They have a terrific selection and are very bride-centric. The fittings went well and the head seamstress, Nicolette, paid close attention to many important details. My dress was very reasonable and I felt beautiful on my wedding day. My dress was a smidge over a my budget but no where near the highest you can go, I couldn't imagine paying more!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 4/8/17, 3 Reviews
4.7

Great experience, I was quiet the indecisive bride when it came to picking out my dress and they worked with me to make sure I had the perfect dress for that day that I was comfortable in. By far the best part of my experience was my seamstress, Nicolette, she made me feel like I was the most beautiful bride in world the way she talked to me. Also, she knew exactly what to alter and where so that I looked like I had the best shape I could and always made sure that I knew if I felt anything else needed to be done last minute she was there for me!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/1/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Bride, Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Mother of Bride, Mother of Groom

This was my first stop when dress shopping - the staff helped me pick out an amazing dress that was nothing like I thought I'd end up with. I went to 2 more stores but came back the very next day. They dress looked amazing and was half the price of the other stores I went to. Finally the seamstress (Ziba) was SIMPLY PHENOMENAL. My dress fit wonderfully and I loved it even more. So happy I ended up at Bijou.

Profile Picture Catherine and Nick, 11/5/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Bride, Alterations

I worked with Victoria yesterday at my bridal consultation at Bijou Bridal and I was SO pleased with the service that I received. After a horrible experience with a chain bridal store I was skeptical about trusting anyone else when it came to finding a dress that was perfect for me. I decided to give Bijou Bridal a shot because they are located close to me and I read some really good reviews. I did not feel pressured to make a sale and I was happy to know that my consultant was working me with and only me at the time of my appointment and not trying to balance 5 other brides who also had appointments. The dresses were very neatly displayed and the store was very neat and clean also. I purchased a dress that was absolutely gorgeous and I am happy to know that my dress is an exclusive to Bijou so I will not see it anywhere else! I cannot wait to walk down the aisle in my Bijou original. Thank you :-)

Profile Picture User5117653, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my dress and my bridesmaids dresses here. They have a wonderful selection at a reasonable price and the consultants are so helpful. My consultant actually ended up picking my dress. They also give you a discount for your bridesmaid dresses when you buy the bride's dress. I highly recommend Bijou! Thank you!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Veils, Alterations
0.5

The worst. Save yourself the frustration and if you do end up buying your dress there, go elsewhere for alterations. The "$395 flat rate" for alterations is a complete scam and the people working there are impossible to deal with. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Profile Picture User7012213, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Bijou was all sorts of right for my big day. They had a million styles, and for those brides that are indecisive, the staff is willing to provide some constructive feedback to help your decision.

What really struck me about Bijou was the affordability of their gowns and veils. In looking for places to get my gown, it felt very much like the other shops were upcharging you just to walk through the door. Not with Bijou. If you buy on the day you shop, you receive a percentage off. More recently, if you buy your dress in store, you receive a discount on your veil. They had a ton of styles and a ton of patience.

Bijou also will store and alter your dress. They made me feel so comfortable about keeping it there and the sweet seamstress I was assigned did a BEAUTIFUL job.

I recommend all of my local brides to shop Bijou!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Shoes, Veils

I just got married this past September and got my wedding dress from Bijou! I only went to Bijou and one other place, but I liked how many dress options/styles they had and how friendly and helpful the staff was. I chose the first dress that I tried on and ABSOLUTELY loved it and how great the seamstress Jill was in getting the dress to fit my body just right. She was also really helpful along the way with suggesting the appropriate shoe for what I was hoping for, etc. Bijou also had a lot of reasonably priced dresses and lots of veil options. Highly recommend this shop!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/16/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Alterations, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Shoes, Veils, Bride

Many thank yous to the team at Bijou Bridal in our hometown of Ardmore, PA! I found my dream wedding dress at Bijou Bridal and because of Erica, Katie, Pat and all the rest of the loving team at Bijou Bridal, our dreams came true. Bijou was so welcoming and made us feel part of the family. Their communication with both my mother and myself, was amazing and they were there for us every step of the way!! If you're looking for a unique dress to match who you are on the inside and out, walk in the door at Bijou Bridal and ask for Erica :) :) :)

Profile Picture Taryn, 9/3/16, 5 Reviews
3.8

Gown was beautiful, the staff that helped me pick out my gown was great, but when I came back a few weeks later to find bridesmaids gowns, the staff was shockingly unprofessional. They rushed us and told us that we only had X amount of time left to choose a dress before our appt was over and we would have to leave(while we were deciding between two dresses). The girl who was helping us with bridesmaids dresses was clearly disinterested in being there and I found that extremely aggravating and frustrating.

It's been a mixed experience and there is staff there that is absolutely fabulous and very good at their jobs, but wedding planning is stressful enough and dealing with some of their staff isn't worth the stress.

I would recommend this place for a wedding dress, but I would find bridesmaid dresses elsewhere and I would look into alterations somewhere else as well.

Profile Picture E, 8/6/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations

This was the only place I looked for a dress and it was perfect! They indulged me with trying the dresses I thought I wanted but put me in a dress they knew I'd like. It was great! I also got my dressed altered and they did a great job. My bridesmaids got their dresses here too which worked out perfectly.

Profile Picture linda, 5/29/16, 7 Reviews