BigTime Video Services Reviews

116 | Monterey, CA

116 Reviews for BigTime Video Services

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kristin · Married on 07/27/2014

I chose Big Time Video because they were on the preferred vendor list for the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa. They were willing to work within my budget and made signing up and reserving the day easy. Jayna was great! I am so glad she did our wedding. She is upbeat and fun to be around, which is exactly what I needed on the big day. The final result was awesome! The short video makes me cry every time I watch it, my family has also loved it. Plus I have all of the extra footage to watch at my leisure and to fully remember the day.
    Definitely make sure you review your contract often. The dates and what you need to do are referenced there and are adhered to strictly. The contract itself is your best form of communication for all of your deadlines and responsibilities. I am very happy with the short video and the level of professionalism that Jayna displayed.

Sent on 10/31/2014

Brynn · Married on 07/19/2014

We are so thrilled we hired Big Time Video Services to video our wedding!
    Why to hire a videographer: When we were planning our wedding, my now husband and I went back and forth about whether or not to get a videographer and we are so glad we did. Like so many couples say when reminiscing about their wedding, the day went by so quickly! Having a video of the event lets us relive the joy and happiness we felt on such a special day.
    Why to choose Big Time Video Services: A videographer wasn’t in our original budget because we didn’t think we’d be able to afford it. After researching about 5 different videographers, we are so pleased we found Big Time Video Services because they have package options that will fit many budgets. We cannot believe the quality of the video that we received! Big Time Video Services went above and beyond to make a well-edited, high quality video that really captured the day! BTVS is very easy to work with and are quick to respond to emails and phone calls. Jayna, our videographer, brought an assistant to make sure she captured all the important moments with different angles. If you are looking to work with professional, attentive people who deliver a high quality video that remarkably captures your special day, I’d highly recommend Big Time Video Services! We couldn’t be happier that we used them!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Sam · Married on 07/11/2014

My husband was largely a bystander during wedding planning, but he did speak up about hiring a videographer... and I'm so glad he did! Having all of the precious moments from the most special day of our lives captured on film to relive whenever we please is a treasure we will appreciate for the rest of our lives. Peri was a pleasure to work with. She is extremely professional and responsive. She held our hands through the planning process, and the timeline we developed with her informed many of our interactions and decisions with other vendors. On the day of, she went above and beyond to make sure she captured every moment. The highlight video she made was absolutely beautiful. We just got our raw footage back and are having a blast reliving the day. I would highly recommend Peri and Big Time Video!

Sent on 03/15/2015

Mark · Married on 06/28/2014

We were so impressed with the amount of footage they were able to get. The videographer was interactive which got a great response from the crowd. Our edited version exceeded or expectations & truly was a touching, artistic portrayal of the event. Thank you for everything & we will highly recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Let me just say my phone broke before I was going to propose so communication was very difficult on my part. I was very pleased with their ability to adapt to challenges from their customers. Essentially they were able to shoot our engagement video within 24 hour notice. They were very efficient and responsive to my requests and needs and provided fast feedback pre and post video. They are patient and will work with you to ensure that you are fully content with the material and who could ask for more than that. The quality and sound of the video was great and their crew are a pleasure to work with.Their video and film making skills and talent have easily met and exceeded our expectations. Serious advice to any guy thinking about getting engaged, or having a special event, get a videographer and make it Big Time Video Services.

Sent on 09/30/2014

Kevin · Married on 06/07/2014

We had the pleasure of working with BigTime Video services for our wedding in June. They were absolutely fantastic! Peri was very friendly and professional throughout the whole process. The team was able to obtain multiple angles of our ceremony and the reception. They captured our special day perfectly! I would highly recommend BigTime Video for any occasion. Thank you Peri!

Sent on 08/25/2014

Marisol · Married on 05/03/2014

I had the pleasure to work with Peri! She made my special day less stressful. She was wonderful and knew exactly what she was doing. She replied very fast to any text or email I would send her with any question or concern. I never had trouble with her, and as a bride to be, who wants to be stressed with a vender? I truly recommend her and her team. You won't regret it! Thanks Peri for the amazing video you put together! I never get tired of watching it.

Sent on 02/12/2015

Damon · Married on 03/16/2014

Peri and her team did an excellent job both at our wedding and with the video production afterwards. You can tell a professional's work when you see it, and multiple guests have told us that our wedding video is the best one they have ever seen. They were great with our feedback and requests and handled everything in a timely manner. I'm so glad we made the choice to do a wedding video, and BigTime was the perfect partner to make it happen!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Here is Leslie & Damon's wedding film:

Katie · Married on 10/05/2013

Peri and her team were amazing before, during, and after our wedding. Having a videographer was really important to us, and everyone we talked to in Carmel said we had to use Peri and Big Time Video. I am a pretty Type A kind of person, so I really bombarded Peri with emails and asked tons of questions, and she was so incredibly responsive and thorough. Always very professional and super flexible. We kept going back and forth on what we wanted, how long we wanted coverage, how many videographers, etc., and Peri took it all in stride. On the big day, the videographers were both amazing, made us feel totally comfortable, and put everyone at ease. I was really worried about a videographer being around and making people feel awkard, and having huge lights or something and taking away from our natural vibe, but that wasn't the case at all. They blended right into the crowd, and captured so many perfect and amazing moments and no one even noticed they were there. Your wedding day is so special and you spend so much time putting everything together to make it perfect, and once it arrives it goes by in an instant! There were so many things that happened that we didn't even know about and/or remember because we were so overcome with the day. Having the amazing video to look back on is so special to us, and we really cherish it already. All of our friends and family have commented on how great it is, and like other reviews have said, it's not a boring normal wedding video, it's really fun and funny and exciting, and keeps you intersted. My mom has shown the highlights version to co-workers who we don't even know and they're brought to tears and laughter! Great work Peri and team!!! Would 110% recommend to anyone getting married in the area!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 01/28/2014

Here is Katie & Scott's movie:

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/08/2013

Peri and her staff were incredibly priceless at our wedding! I know everyone says the one thing they regret is not having a videographer -- so that's the reason I hired Big Time Video Services to film our wedding. However, I didn't realize HOW MUCH the video means! This was going to be one of those options I "cut from the budget" -- never EVER will I tell a bride to do that after the amazingness captured from our day on video. Every detail mattered to me, but I didn't realize how important the video is to capture the emotion, excitement, and love of the whole day! The staff made me and my husband feel incredibly comfortable and excited for our special day. We've watched our highlight reel numerous times and have ended in happy tears each time. I can't speak highly enough about this company. Peri is AMAZING with her communication, makes you feel comfortable, and never oversells. She tries to find the right package for each client depending on what's important to them. I want to get married again to my husband just for another video! ;-) Thank you Big Time!

Sent on 03/04/2014

Chelsea · Married on 09/07/2013

Peri and her team were very professional. Initially, my husband and I had not anticipated room in our budget for a videographer. We are so glad we did! As cliche as it sounds, the wedding day goes by so fast. Having a video to catch all the details we missed, and to get to re visit those special moments is priceless. I absolutely recommend a videographer and highly recommend BigTime as a professional, experienced and reliable company!

Sent on 02/10/2014

lena · Married on 08/31/2013

We love our video, and we are so happy we chose Big Time Video as our videographer. Perri Basseri and Patrick are wonderful to work with, easy-going and professional. Perri was very responsive through email and phone and answered all my questions. She's very knowledgeable at what she does.
    When we received the full edited video, we were amazed on how wonderfully it was done, they were able to capture our experience of the wedding, as well as, all the wonderful moments we missed.
    We're so glad we have this short film to share with our friends and family for years to come. We would highly recommend Big Time Video!!!!!

Sent on 01/08/2014

BigTime Video Services's reply:

Here is their wedding film:

Joy · Married on 08/24/2013

Peri Basseri at BigTime Video Services was our videographer and an absolute pleasure to work with. Peri is very accessible by e-mail, and she scheduled a time for us to talk on the phone for our first conversation. She answered all our questions and provided a lot of options for packages so that we can get exactly what we want - I only wish all my vendors were so flexible! On the day of our wedding, Peri and the second videographer were very professional. They blended well with the guests, so they did not feel like intruders at all.

I waited to review until after I saw the videos, and I have to say that I absolutely loved them! We had a shorter video that perfectly captured the emotions of the day, and it's the perfect length to share with family and friends that could not attend. We also had a longer video just for us and close family. I was hesitant at first about hiring a videographer due to budget reasons, but I definitely think it was worth it - there were moments like all the great wedding toasts that couldn't have been captured by photographs, and we were so glad to watch them again after the wedding. I'm happy that we had Peri there to record our special day, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Here is Joy & Matt's wedding film:

Debra · Married on 07/13/2013

When working on the budget for their wedding, hiring a videographer was not high on the list of priorities for my son and his bride to be. After the fact, having seen the video created by Jayna, my son and daughter-in-law are thrilled to have the beautiful video which absolutely captures the essence of their special day. Having shared this video with friends who were at the wedding, I was surprised to hear one say that she had not even noticed there was a videographer present for the event, much less 2 of them. Very professional, creative and worth every penny!

Sent on 11/03/2013
  • Will

Will · Married on 07/13/2013

I'll be honest - we didn't budget for a videographer. Hiring a videographer is an expensive proposition, but my mom decided it was something she absolutely wanted so she stepped in and hired Jayna at BigTime Video Services. Two videographers were there for the day and they followed us around. I felt a bit bad because we weren't able to carve out much exclusive time for the videographer so I was a bit worried as to whether they'd be able to catch enough footage - but let me tell you, they did a terrific job. I absolutely love the 10-min video they made for us and I'm so glad my mom decided to hire Jayna for the big day. Knowing what I know now, I would budget in for Jayna and her crew because the video is something you're going to have for life - and it isn't one of those cheesy ones!

Sent on 11/04/2013

Here is Lauren & Will's wedding film:

Emily · Married on 06/08/2013

We absolutely LOVE our long video and highlight video! Peri and her team just did an amazing job!

After the wedding was over, my husband and I said - WOW how is the day over? I know everyone says it, but your wedding day will go by faster than you can imagine. However, when we got our wedding video we got to relive every moment - which literally brought tears to my eyes. They captured the most important moments along with the special little moments that my husband and I didn't notice (which are almost my favorite now). It really is amazing how wonderful the video turned out and how they captured the wedding day so perfectly. My niece and nephew say it is their favorite movie and ask to watch it all the time (still after almost a year).

I will say that I was worried about having a videographer at first because I was not crazy about having a video camera following us around all day, but it was not the way at all! They just blended into everything going on around them. They did give us some direction on what to do in a couple situations, and am so happy for that because it all turned out so well in the video.

Also, Peri and her team are extremely professional. When talking to them about services and price Peri was very helpful and gave me all sorts of options that would fit in my budget. She also was quite prompt with all her responses!

Thank you so much Big Time, we are so so happy that we can relive our wedding day over and over again!!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Cynthia · Married on 12/01/2012

We are extremely happy with our wedding video from Peri Basseri at BigTime Video Services. Prior to the wedding, Peri was extremely accessible and always willing to get on the phone to discuss what we wanted from the video. She was also really accommodating in terms of creating a package that really fit our needs. On our wedding day, Peri and her team were very professional, and we hardly felt their presence at all as they were filming throughout the ceremony and reception. I know that we will treasure this wedding video for years to come, and I am so glad that we chose Peri to capture our special day.

Sent on 02/17/2013

Here's is Cynthia's wedding film:

Karen · Married on 10/20/2012

I worked with Peri from BigTime Video and she is extremely professional and did a wonderful job on our wedding. The video looks great and I specifically like how she used our voices in the background saying our vows while the video is highlighting our wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2013

Meredith · Married on 10/06/2012

To be honest, videography was an after-thought for our wedding. We originally hadn't budgeted for it thinking that it would be an unnecessary cost. After talking with a lot of friends about it, they all urged me to hire a videographer. I'm so happy I did! Our wedding went by so quickly and I am so happy that I have a video of the day! Peri was incredible. She was super easy to work with and very professional. While we were on our honeymoon, we got a surprise email from Peri. Even though we had not paid her to edit our wedding video, she edited a small video for us. We got to relive our wedding on our honeymoon! I not only 100% recommend hiring a videographer, but I recommend Big Time Video if you are getting married in the Monterey/Salinas area!

Sent on 10/23/2012

Jenna · Married on 09/22/2012

We decided to have a video done of our wedding just a week before the big day. The fact that Big Time Video was able to so professionally pull this together for us LAST MINUTE, was incredible. They were so professional, and a number of our friends and family are now letting us know they had NO IDEA someone was there doing video recording! Yet they managed to get some of the best footage. So glad to have such a beautiful film that captures the greatest day of our lives.

Sent on 01/08/2013

Here is Jenna's wedding film:

Stefanie · Married on 09/15/2012

Peri and her team were fantstic to work with. They captured so many memories of our wedding, thank heavens because the day just seemed to fly by. They were very discrete with their cameras, we hardly knew they were there. They were never in the way of anything going on, but still got great footage of our wedding. We LOVE our video. It is definately a treasue to keep.

Sent on 01/13/2013
  • F

Frank · Married on 09/15/2012

We really love the results that Peri Basseri at BigTime Video Services produced with our wedding video. Their two-camera coverage and excellent editing made our ten minute video a fantastic wedding remembrance. The feedback we've gotten from friends who didn't even attend is that it looked marvelous. The video has literally brought tears to folks who didn't even attend. From folks who did attend, they have literally said it's the best wedding video they seen. They did a great job shooting and a great job editing in music caught on site with music delivered from the studio. In shooting he was unobtrusive, yet omnipresent. The only shame of never getting married again is not being able to hire Big Time again!

Sent on 01/14/2013

Here is Frank's wedding film:

My videographer was so sweet, she made me feel comfortable in front of the camera. I don't really like myself in video so it was a little awkward for me at first but she just told me to pretend there isn't a camera and just act natural do whatever you want play with your hair, make up, touch my dress or look at my veil and what not. She focused on both my husband and I equally, unlike my photographer who only focused on me and would get in my videographer's way. She asked great questions and when I was just so caught up in the moment and couldn't come up with an answer she just moved right along instead of waiting and making me feel on the spot or dumb. Nonetheless I am ecstatic about my video and will definitely use Big Time Video again in the future.

Sent on 09/25/2012

justine · Married on 07/07/2012

Peri was very helpful throughout the planning process. First, we had to delay our wedding due to my husband's military duty, and Peri was very flexible and helped us modify all the paperwork. She was also patient as we were juggling the wedding and a move from the East Coast to the West Coast. The day of she was on time, and again flexible and patient as we were behind schedule. She was very responsive when it came to editing. My husband and I are both analysts for a living and can be somewhat picky, but we were so pleased with the final product!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kathleen · Married on 06/02/2012

We had no idea it’d be so awesome... As we were planning our wedding, we thought a video recording of the ceremony and reception was going to be a great way to capture the day forever. Having seen videos from siblings and friends' weddings shot by videographers in other cities, the products ranged from pretty good to slightly boring... So hoping for the best, we called Peri at Big Time Video and she agreed to help us out. Peri met with us and we discussed all aspects of our wedding plans - she gave us great advice and we developed a plan to get the coverage we wanted most. Peri and her assistant, Jayna, were well prepared on wedding day, and blended very well with the event, capturing key moments in a very unobtrusive way. After the wedding, Peri sent a link to some samples of her post-production work from our big day. I was able to share the clip with my 4 sisters who are all married. Each is SO envious of the treasure Peri has created from our wedding day. Her work is superb. The full video is absolutely romantic, beautiful, engaging, scenic, and it captured so much of the people and little events of the day – things we would have ever seen, but are so sweet. Her timing, technique, and easy spirit put us all at ease - the DVD is an absolute treasure! We are so glad we asked Peri to work with us – we both agree that Peri not only captured the day, but her artistry made it so wonderfully romantic and so truly captivating. One sister said: “if you ever fight, just pull out that DVD and you can’t help but fall in love all over again”. Whatever event you're trying to capture, you can't go wrong with Peria and the Big Time Video crew...They make magic! -Kathy and Marc Anderson

Sent on 08/28/2012