Big Ray & the Kool Kats Reviews

Big Ray & the Kool Kats 5
Big Ray & the Kool Kats 6
Big Ray & the Kool Kats 7

Eddie · Married on 10/24/2015

BR&TTKC was a spectacular part of my daughter's wedding. Everyone had a wonderful time dancing to the band's music, and, of significantly less importance, BR was most accommodating in complying with silly requests from the bride's father concerning the wedding toast. BR and his band are the tops!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Kerry · Married on 10/10/2015

It was an absolutely honor having them perform at our wedding reception. From the start, I knew that this was going to be seamless. Big Ray gave us his cell phone number to call any time leading up to the event with questions or concerns. We did end up calling him once with questions and he was extremely patient listening to our questions and really took the time to explain how he could help. At the event, he came up to us before we were introduced to say hello and joke around with us (we were so nervous!) to help calm the nerves.

Now for the music. It was truly unbelievable! I had guests coming up to us at the reception to get his contact info and hear about how we had found this band. If they weren't coming up to ask about the band it was just to tell us how talented they were - and they truly are!

Another GREAT thing about this band - my mother at one point thought that it was a tiny bit too loud and she went up to Big Ray and he immediately worked with her to get the right level. She agreed with me that it was an amazing response as not all bands are likely to agree with "the old fogies" as my mom calls herself :)

Big Ray and the Kool Kats take it to another level. While there were certainly a few bumps in the road during the wedding (there always will be!), there were absolutely zero with the band. I wish I could have them at every event! Big Ray - let me know if you ever put out a record, I'll be first in line to jam along in my car!!

Thank you, Big Ray and the Kool Kats, for making our wedding experience a truly unforgettable one!!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Big Ray and the Kool Kats were phenomenal. Ray was a pleasure to plan with, but their performance was what blew us away. The moment they started playing our guests flooded the dance floor and stayed there till the bitter end. They chose the perfect mix of music to appeal to guests of all ages. Ray and his crew are the epitome of entertainers, and we couldn't recommend them emphatically enough!!

Sent on 11/20/2015

We cannot say enough great things about Big Ray and the Kool Kats! Our friends actually had Big Ray at their wedding reception back in 2010, which my husband (fiancé at the time) and I attended and had such a wonderful time at, and 5 years later, we were still talking about the band and the amazing job they did at our friend’s reception so we reached out to them when our big day came around and we could not be happier! Ray was an absolutely joy to work with in the months leading up to our wedding and his band was phenomenal! Everyone at our reception was up and on their feet (even the non-dancers) and Ray kept the party going! I have a fairly conservative family, so I was a bit nervous how the reception would go trying to keep both young 20-somethings entertained as well as our 90 year-old grandparents but Ray and his band pulled off a night made for everyone! They played music from Bruno Mars to Frank Sinatra and everything in between. My husband and I had taken several private dance lessons and had our first dance choreographed so I was a bit nervous if we’d be able to perform to a live version of our song since we had only practiced with a recorded version from the artist’s cd, but again, it went perfectly! The band and the singers followed our steps and adjusted their tempo to our dance-- I was so, so, so impressed! I obviously cannot say enough great things about this band! If you’re lucky enough to book them (they book quickly!) you will not be disappointed! We’re a large military family and have family members representing every branch of the military so Ray included a few sound bites of the different military marches which our crowd loved and added such a personal touch! Bands are quite a bit more expensive when considering the prices of DJs, and we toiled back and forth a bit with the price, adjusting our budget here and there to make it work and I will tell you that Big Ray and the Kool Kats set the tone for our entire evening and the experience was better

Sent on 12/03/2015

Andrea · Married on 09/06/2015

Big Ray and the Kool Kats- absolutely the best. We were choosing among several bands and Ray just had that extra something. He met with us one time to go over everything and we knew it was going to be a great party. He made some excellent suggestions - things we hadn't thought of. We gave him four new songs to learn to expand the hora and the hora was incredible.

Ray definitely made the party. One of the guests came with her husband who is a well known actor. As Ray said, you could tell it was a great party by the fact that everyone stayed on the dance floor and didn't go over to the actor. We got so many compliments about the band. Our oldest son is getting married in November and we are signing the contract today.

Sent on 09/09/2015

I have been meaning to write about the amazing Big Ray and the Kool Kats but unfortunately life got in the way. Our wedding was over a month ago and everyone can't stop talking about how fun and awesome our band was! Everyone was on the dance floor all night. From the very first moment I talked to Big Ray he was so accommodating and I knew it would be a great night. I told him my family was Cuban and we were hoping for a few Latin songs. They band exceed our expectations and played a ton of Latin songs that they learned just for us. Big Ray even let some of us get on stage to sing and dance. Exceptional does even come close to saying how fantastic Big Ray and the Kool Kats are. I would definitely recommend them for any event. Thank you Big Ray and the Kool Kats for making the best day of our lives even more memorable!!

Sent on 09/09/2015
  • User5381397 · event on 07/31/2015

Our party was to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday. It couldn't have been more perfect and Big Ray and the Kool Kats were the frosting on the cake! They made the party. Everyone loved them and their selection of music. Thank you notes for that evening keep coming in and the most frequent comment is how great they were. Can't wait to have another party and Big Ray and the Kool Kats is our first and only choice for the band.

Sent on 08/26/2015

Gregory · Married on 06/20/2015

Big Ray and the Kool Kats made the reception a great success. The band honed in on what type of music was getting everyone to get up and dance and did they dance. You all were so amazing. Thank you so much for all you did especially getting involved with the venue taking care of the Father of the Bride. LOL you are a full service band can't say enough about how professional your group is. Wish I could have another wedding next week just so we could keep the party going

Greg A.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Big Ray and The Kool Kats sets the bar for bands and band leaders. Their performances and professionalism are outstanding. Without fail they work diligently to ensure the client's wishes are met, and from a planner perspective, they closely follow timelines and flawlessly execute the evening plans! From a musical perspective, they have unbelievable range and can cater to all audiences! The dancefloor is always busy!! I love working with Big Ray and highly recommend them in any capacity!

Sent on 11/12/2013

These guys were incredible. I have to say (not because it was my wedding) Big Ray is the real deal. It was an awesome time, great music and an all night party! Everyone still talks about it! If you don't pick these guys you have to be crazy!

Sent on 11/23/2015

LaDelle · event on 04/14/2015

These amazing musicians played for our volunteer appreciation event, a “Swing into Spring Dance” at the Boar’s Head Inn ballroom. The band was beyond fabulous and everyone enjoyed a special evening!
    Kool Kat Jazz successfully ensured that our volunteers could feel the hospital’s appreciation for all they do!
    We are grateful.
    UVA Health System Volunteer Services

Sent on 11/23/2015

Marilyn · Married on 03/28/2015

A pleasure to deal with -- very professional.

Sent on 03/31/2015
  • Bill and Joyce

Bill and Joyce · event on 02/21/2015

Our event is an annual ball, corporate event is as close as we can get in the "Event Type" and we count on Big Ray and the Kool Kats to keep the party going! Big Ray et al have been the go to band for our event for many years now. This is a 25 year old event where in the past our patrons would complain about the same band after a couple years. They all now look forward to Big Ray (they even call to be sure Big Ray and the Kool Kats are playing). They could not be a nicer group of folks, they read the event and play the music that keeps everyone on the dance floor, they are just as much fun during the last song as they were the first. Your event can NOT GO WRONG with Big Ray and the Kool Kats.

Sent on 02/25/2015

Hunter · Married on 02/14/2015

Wow- Big Ray and the Kool Kats are great!!! The band is awesome- friendly, talented, played a nice mix of music. Great background music during dinner and then they really took it up so that everyone danced and had a wonderful time. All of our guests commented on how great the band was. We danced so much some of our guests could barely walk the next day! Music really makes a party and if you want to have an awesome party then hire Big Ray and the Kool Kats!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Ellen · event on 02/07/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Big Ray & the Kool Kats. They had everyone dancing the entire time they played! They sounded fabulous and were just wonderful to work with. I wholeheartedly recommend them and hope we can book them again for our next event!

Sent on 02/09/2015

John · event on 01/26/2015

Big Ray and the Kool Kats have been our go to band annually. They are talented and play a wonderful Play list. we have used them7 out of the last 9 years, only switching due to club member desires for an option periodically. Fantastic performers!!!:)

Sent on 02/10/2015

Jean · event on 01/10/2015

This band's wide range of repertoire is impressive. They can definitely entertain just about any age group. If you need a band for an event, you can't go wrong with this band. They are very easy to work with, knows how to work the crowd, and can play just about any song. I was told that our group did not dance. Much to my surprise, they had the crowd on the dance floor. My client couldn't be happier with the choice they made by agreeing to sign this band for their corporate event. Ray, the band leader, is amazing! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/21/2015

Jennifer · Married on 01/03/2015

Ray and his band were absolutely one of the highlights of my wedding. From the minute I met with Ray to discuss the music he put my mind at ease. I could tell by his professionalism and experience the he knew exactly what he was doing! All of our friends and family, including an 84 year great Aunt, were out of the dance floor the entire evening. Our reception, including the cocktail hour, was 6 hours long (an hour longer than the average 5 hours) as well and it felt like the band was there playing the entire time. My family and I are big Motown fans and the band kept us going all night, not to mention got me and my husband dancing on the stage! We had requested a few Van Morrison songs (also a big family favorite) and to my astonishment the band not only played a couple we had planned on, but also another one that I had mentioned I loved. They learned on their own and completely surprised me with it which was a real treat! It was one of the most memorable moments of my entire day and a memory that will stay with me forever. Take it from a a bride who was incredibly particular and quite a big music fan - the band completely nailed it. Ray is a great MC as well as musician and band leader. The band if full of lots of talented musicians, incredible vocalists, including a great Sinatra crooner, and I can’t stress how extremely professional and organized they were as well. Trust me; you can't go wrong with this band.

Sent on 01/20/2015

Robert · event on 12/31/2014

Big Ray & the Kool Kats are an amazing Band. I have been in the Nightclub and entertainment business for over 30 years and booked hundreds of acts, Big Ray is one of the most professional groups I have ever dealt with! They are incredibly talented musicians, excellent vocals and put on a great show. Big Ray is a strait up guy, you can count on him for no hassles or headaches, he over delivers every time they have played our events. I highly recommend this Band!
    Robert Tramonte

Sent on 01/19/2015
  • User4717167 · event on 12/31/2014

Great show- fed off the crowd and got everyone engaged

Sent on 01/20/2015

Katharine · Married on 11/14/2014

Big Ray & his Kool Kats are second to NONE. Hands Down. Full Stop. End of Story.
    Ray & his Kats deliver in the most memorable of ways thanks to their one-of-a-kind blend of talent, showmanship, professionalism, class, and WOW factor.
    A "wedding band" boasting top-caliber musicians AND star quality entertainment ability/stage presence is hard to find... but this rare combination of awesomeness is exactly what you'll get when you book Big Ray & the Kool Kats for your special Event.

Sent on 02/20/2015

Meetings on · event on 11/07/2014

Ray’s pre-event communication were timely, clear and professional. And then they delivered on everything he said they would and then some. Great music, nice people and an easy team to partner with.

Just an absolute pleasure to work with, thanks!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Janet · event on 10/25/2014

Our type of event is not listed. It is not corporate but i checked so i could move on. Our event is a major social gala fundraising event for civic, philanthropic, and business leadership. Annual season opening gala, black tie formal.

Sent on 10/27/2014

Big Ray and the Kool Kats were an amazing band. They are fantastic performers and Ray is also an extraordinary emcee. He along with his band created an epic wedding reception for our daughter. They were superb!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Big Ray was excellent to work with! We had a complicated request with having each wedding party member enter to their own song. The band easily learned songs for us and made the entrance fun and memorable for our friends and family. They were the hit of the party and no one wanted the night to end. I would recommend Big Ray and the Kool Kats for any party!!

Sent on 09/10/2014