Big Girls Events & Catering Reviews

34 | Acworth, GA

34 Reviews for Big Girls Events & Catering

Jennifer · Married on 06/24/2011

Big Girls Events & Catering did a fantastic job catering my wedding this past June. Everyone commented on how this was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding - even the DJ! They were always extremely professional and considerate. They fixed my husband and I plates and made sure that we had time to enjoy the wonderful food before we went back to our guests. I would definently recommend them to anyone looking for fresh, quality food and great service for their special day!

Sent on 10/23/2011

Big Girls Events & Catering's reply:

Thank you Jenn & Kwesi! We enjoyed you, your family & wedding guests so much! They were so complimentary of the food! The DJ was awesome as well! Thank you for the kinds words. Many blessings on a wonderful marriage! We appreciate you!

jay · Married on 10/10/2010

Big Girls catering recently catered my daughters wedding at the Stanley House in Marietta. There was controversy with my family because my daughter decided on having fried chicken and they thought it would not be elegant enough. I have to say, everything was not only delicious, but the presentation was beautiful. We have received very positive feedback from our guests, and many have asked for referrals. I would definately refer them to anybody who asked.

Sent on 10/14/2010

Big Girls Events & Catering's reply:

Thank you so much! We truly enjoyed serving you and had a great time with everyone. We appreciate the kind words and referrals.

Kimberly · Married on 09/25/2010

Ami and Cindi were amazing from the get-go. They were so patient with me at the beginning because I had not finalized my venue. It ended up switching two times. I was referred to all my other vendors by them and they were equally fabulous. I can't thank Big Girls Catering enough for the attention to detail and the entire staff that even participated in the theme of my Hollywood wedding. People couldn't stop talking about the food. The buffalo chicken pasta was my fav and sometime I still crave it.
    I would work with the ladies again in a heart beat! They are proud of what they do and they love every minute of if. You don't find that these days.

Thanks again!
    Brandon and Kimberly Crocker

Sent on 03/04/2011

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2010

Ami and Cindy with Big Girls Events & Catering were amazing. They made the experience of getting a menu ready for our wedding pleasurable instead of a headache like I had though it would be. When I was looking and calling around to find someone who made great food (like something out of my grandmother’s kitchen) and great price, I knew the moment I found their website my mind was already made. A major plus with booking with Big Girls Catering was that my wedding cake was included and that took lots more stress off of my to-do list. Both Ami and Cindy were great to work with and always able to answer any question I had. Both my Husband and I were so pleased with everything. If anyone I know is getting married or even having a party that needs to be catered the first thing out of my mouth in Big Girls Events & Catering. If I had it to do over again I would not wait one minute to pick up the phone and book them again.

Thank you two so so much for helping make my wedding day PERFECT.

Sent on 03/08/2011

Kimberly · Married on 07/17/2010

I highly recommend Big Girls Catering. In the past, most catering food I've tasted has been mediocre at best, but these girls' food is outstanding! It's like grandma's good brought to your reception but with the presentation of the pros! They were always available to answer any questions I had and made my day way less stressful! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Big Girls Events & Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Kim! So glad you enjoyed the food! You, your family & friends were just a delight to serve! Many blessings on your new married life!! Ami & Cindy "The Big Girls"

Joan · Married on 07/08/2006

Ami and Cindy and their crew provided WONDERFUL food for our daughter's wedding. They worked with us to customize the menu that we thought our guests would enjoy. We heard nothing but compliments about the food. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/06/2009

Stephanie · Married on 11/22/2008

I would highly recommend using Big Girls Catering. They are willing to work around your likes and dislikes and really give you a reception you desire. They went above and beyond their catering duties and helped me with some last minute set-up issues also. The staff are amazing!!

Sent on 02/12/2009
  • Angel_D

Angie · Married on 10/11/2015

Ami and Cindy did a wonderful job on our brunch buffet wedding.
    From our initial meeting, and tasting they responded to email, questions promptly and clearly, They are so flexible an a joy to work with. All of our guest complimented our delicious food and the exceptional service their whole staff provided! and best of all their prices are really the best I have seen for all that you get.
    Thanks ladies for making our day one we will never forget! You made James and I feel like royalty on our wedding day :)

Sent on 10/29/2015

Laura · Married on 04/02/2016

1.0

Big girls catering was the Big epic FAIL at my wedding!!!! They made me and my family look ridiculous when guest stood around for the appetizer hour and there were NO appetizers!!! They forgot all about them! Then they didn't refund us the full amount we paid for the appetizers and refused to refund us the money we paid for two additional servers to pass out the appetizers!!!! It was so kind of them to lie to my face saying they would refund us for their mistakes! Then the menu wasn't what we ordered. We paid for smoked quarter chickens and they gave us grilled chicken tenders. Then they were too dry to even eat!!! Then we had many not stay for dinner and they still ran out of food!!!! Rather than talking about a great reception I hear complaints about food! #ishouldhaveorderedpizza

Sent on 05/26/2016

Big Girls Events & Catering's reply:

Laura and Eric: Thank you for your candid review of your wedding reception. In the 16 years we have been in business, we have never messed up so badly. We cannot say sorry enough to you. Our apology that day was truly sincere and giving a refund to your family was the best way we knew to handle the forgotten appetizers. You were not charged for any additional servers. Your original proposal had 4 servers on it as well as your final invoice. In actuality, we sent 7 servers for your reception at no additional charge to you. We base the amount on service staff on total guest count and not the menu being served. We will send you a private email with your original proposal based on 150 guests. We will also include the final invoice based on the final guest count of 175 and the canceled check of $700.00 that covered the cost of the forgotten appetizers. In regards to running out of food - we are not quite sure how to answer that complaint because all extra food from the buffet was covered and put in the refrigerator for your family to take home. There were leftovers of everything from the buffet. We heard nothing but compliments from your family & friends that day regarding the food so we hate the fact that when you think of your wedding reception, you only think of an "epic fail" and "i should have ordered pizza" instead of all the many happy memories of the day.