Big Day Beauty Reviews

Big Day Beauty 6
Big Day Beauty 7
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 02/11/2012

Chrissy was awesome! She did my makeup and made me look AMAZING! I had so many compliments on her work.

She was timely and professional, and made me look like a million dollars! It was great having her in my room while I got ready, she fit right in and got the job done quickly and beautifully :)

I HIGHLY recommend her for any of your hair or makeup needs! She is fantastic!

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • User2517573 · event on 10/21/2011

Christine did an amazing job with my hair and makeup. She exceeded my expectations. She took time and made me feel special on my special day! I continue to go to her for my nails and hair, and would defiantly use her for any special occasions I may have in the future! She is a real down to earth person who truly cares about making you feel beautiful! I love the fact that she follows up with you after providing you with a service to see how your liking your new highlights, or how your shellac is doing etc. She is truly one of a kind and I would recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 07/02/2012
  • Megan

Megan · Getting married on 10/05/2019

What fun we had with our day!
    These ladies brought EVERYTHING and were afraid to tackle ANYTHING. Really, not only great hair and makeup, but great level of comfort as well! The hair designs in the wedding party ranged from simple elegance to complex and constructed. The weather in the morning was wet- and they managed to make hair do impossible things on a damp day. Thank you for all of your talent, professionalism and help.

Sent on 09/10/2012

Alexandra · Married on 10/11/2014

Christine and Ashley and the girls to hire! They were amazing to my wedding party and I the day of my wedding. They came to my house with smiles on their faces and ready to work. They were relaxed, easy going and amazing to work with. They were a blessing to have that day! I recommend them to anyone, you will be so pleased with them!:)

Sent on 10/21/2014

Allison · Married on 09/21/2013

I had a fantastic experience with Christine on my wedding day! My hair and makeup were perfect. I looked like "the best version of myself" and not like a different person. She was lovely to work with and very professional. The makeup artist that accompanied her did a nice job on makeup for my bridesmaids. She over-bronzed one friend but corrected it without any question. Overall, a very good experience.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Emma · Married on 09/02/2012

Christine did an amazing job on both my hair and makeup. She was quick to answer any questions and very willing to listen to all of my ideas. My hair and makeup looked exactly how I pictured it and so did my bridesmaids! I would highly recommend Christine to anyone who is looking for a talented and professional stylist who also has an excellent personality.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Caitlin · Married on 08/20/2016

I would go with Christine. She was awesome! So talented, nice, fun and flexible.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Rachel · Married on 08/13/2016

These girls were awesome, I would definitely recommend them to any couple in the Portland area! They are a very affordable traveling hair and makeup service. They made my bridal party and I feel and look absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Christine was great! Make up and hair was done beautifully and in plenty of time. They arrived early and stayed until my and veil were perfect. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Carolyn · Married on 07/06/2013

3.0

Christine and her assistant provided hair and makeup services for my bridesmaids and I for my wedding. Hair was awesome! I was an out of town bride so Christine accommodated a hair trial the week of. I even messed up the time and she still fit me in. Day of she did a WONDERFUL job with everyones hair (bride, three bridesmaids, and flowergirl). Everyone was extremely happy with it.
    Her assistant did makeup for everyone and to be honest it was just OK. I probably could have done it better myself (with the exception of the eyelashes). If I could go back and do it again I would definitely have had Christine do my makeup herself.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Hi Carolyn,
    I was glad to be a part of your special day and I'm glad you were happy with the services. I have taken your suggestios into consideration, but I should say you did look fabulous makeup and all.
    Thanks,
    Christine

nora · Married on 08/27/2016

3.0

Great service from these ladies! Christine was able to add on extra girls last minute which was a huge relief so we didnt have to wake up at like 5 am. I was very anxious about what I was going to do with my hair but Christine found the perfect style. The whole group was very kind and professional and I would definitely recommend them to any bridal party. Christine was a bit difficult to contact in the beginning, but just stick around because once she contacts you she will be very attentive. Thanks Big Day Beauty!!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Victoria · Married on 08/12/2016

3.5

Christine with Big Day Beauty was wonderful to work with while preparing for my wedding! During our "hair and makeup trial" she absolutely nailed the look I was going for, and we were able to discuss small changes to make for the wedding day! This made for a lot less stress going into the wedding day, because I already knew I LOVED my hair and makeup! On the day of the wedding she and a second stylist were there to do hair and makeup for me, all 6 of my bridesmaids, and my mom! Everyone looked amazing and we were all so happy with the results! I would definitely recommend Big Day Beauty for anyone looking for a stylist to make you and your bridal party beautiful and stress free for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2013

4.2

Christine and Ashley traveled to the coast to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day, as well as the hair and makeup of a few other ladies. They arrived promptly, got right down to work and finished within the time quoted. My hair stayed all day and despite a fairly hot day, my makeup did too. Christine always responded to my questions via email within a few days and I thought her prices were fair. I would recommend Christine and her staff.

Sent on 09/04/2013

julihana · Married on 07/05/2013

3.6
      1.5
      3.0

Christine did a great job on my hair and my wedding party as well. On the other hand, brought someone with her to assist with make up who seemed to know NOTHING about make up. Horrible job on everything! The lady did not even use coverage or eyeliner on us, forget about lipstick! Everybody was upset and we all had to redo our make up on my wedding day. I asked for a basic up eyeliner (wings) and the lady could not do it. She ended up irritating my skin around my eyes and not performing the service because she did not know how to make the "wings" on my eyes... very upsetting! If you are looking for a professional, you have found one. Just make sure Christine does both hair and make up. She rocks!!!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Hi Julihana,
    It was a pleasure being a part of your day, sorry for any inconvenience with your make-up services, I have taken your suggestions into consideration and will make sure to improve the skills of the make-up artist.
    Thanks,
    Christine
    Big Day Beauty

Nicole · Married on 08/13/2015

3.6
      3.0

Christine was a bit slow to communicate at first, but was 100 times more communicative than all of the other many hair/makeup stylists I reached out to for my small wedding request (hair/makeup for bride, makeup for three others). Christine was very flexible in meeting for a trial and made my inspiration photos into reality. My overall look on the big day was spot-on to what I desired. The only con I can offer is that at my trial Christine used airbrush makeup and I fell in love. On the wedding day, she did not appear to have any of that with her, so she used standard makeup. As I expected with standard makeup, I was a ghost face by the end (but at least it was the END) of the evening!

Sent on 09/09/2015

Hi Nicole,
    I'm glad your look was what you had desired. I always bring my airbrush with me wish you would have said something I could have easily redone the makeup with my airbrush. I apologize for any confusion.

1.0

I picked Christine for my hair and makeup after making two trips from New York to Maine to do consults with her. We had my "look" down and I was very happy with it, and I signed a contract with her that stated her name specifically as the stylist for my wedding.

Two weeks before my wedding we are emailing back and forth about her arrival times, and in the midst of this she casually mentions that she won't actually be there but someone else will be. Now, had Christine contacted me and told me directly that she couldn't make it for a personal reason- that would have been totally fine, I understand that things come up. But to replace herself with some other stylists without consulting me, is not at all okay. I found this very unprofessional.

She did offer to refund my money, which was good, but at that point it was too close to the date, plus I live 8 hours away. The girls she sent did do a good job, and my bridesmaids were particularly happy with their makeup. My "look" was done professionally, and looked pretty. But it wasn't the look that Christine and I had worked out, and I am disappointed.

I would recommend her team overall, but I think she should be more forthright.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Big Day Beauty's reply:

I understand your frustrations and I'm sorry if you weren't 100% happy, unfortunately I had a family emergency. In the case of an emergency I do provide and equivalent stylist to attend your wedding to ensure that you look amazing. I have taken your suggestions into consideration.