Big Cedar Lodge Reviews

60 | Ridgedale, MO

60 Reviews for Big Cedar Lodge

Anne · Married on 05/30/2013

3.5

The wedding planner was very helpful in providing potential businesses to contact for services that the venue did not supply. She was also extremely helpful in reminding us when deadlines approached on decisions that had to be made. The staff that worked with us on the day of the event were very helpful and had wonderful attitudes which helped make a potentially stressful situation alot less so. The food was also top notch.

Sent on 10/22/2013
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/25/2014

2.5

The place is gorgeous and I'm so happy we decided to get married here. I was working with Leah, who was the wedding coordinator. She was amazing and very helpful with the planning process. She made it very easy to plan an out of town wedding. About a month before the wedding she left Big Cedar. I got stuck with a different coordinator, Allison Pettit, and she was horrible. It was hard to get a hold of her the day of and she was very VERY little help during the wedding. The food and everything else was amazing. The only thing that I was disappointed with was Allison.

Sent on 06/10/2014

4.2

Big Cedar Lodge was a beautiful venue for our intimate wedding. The event planners were exceedingly helpful from start to finish and even provided a preferred vendor list for services not available on-site. We were quite pleased with the Big Cedar photography as well. The images they captured of our special day were fabulous and at a very reasonable price!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Nikki K. · Married on 10/03/2020

Unique experience

We booked the Lady Liberty for our wedding ceremony and it’s probably the best boat wedding venue in the area (we looked at them all). The yacht is beautifully designed and you can’t beat the views on the lake. BCL wasn’t the most flexible when we started to look at specifics, not surprised given BCL is such a money-making machine. However we got the best bang for our buck booking a 2 hr day cruise for the ceremony (cake only) and buying out the dinner cruise for our reception. We wanted a unique outdoors wedding venue that matched our personalities and the Lady Liberty delivered. We and our guests had a blast!

Sent on 02/11/2021

Austin · Married on 05/20/2012

3.0

Leah, the wedding planner is amazing. She goes above and beyond for the bridal party and guests. One thing that really stood out to me is at the reception she got my grandmother a plate of food. She is so thoughtful and has a heart of gold. I would have been lost without her!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

George · Married on 09/29/2012

3.0

We love Big Cedar and I can't tell you how many times we received compliments from our guests on what a wonderful place we chose to have our wedding. Thanks for being so quality minded!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Heather · Married on 09/14/2013

3.6
      2.5

Overall we were very pleased. The wedding coordinator that we were assigned last minute did a great job, the bartender was very sweet to us and our guests, one of the wait staff was very accommodating to our family when they asked for new coffee (saying the other was 'sour' tasting). There were only a couple of items that seemed to fall below customer service standards and/or were disappointing;
    ~ Lack of communication, I had to even ask what flavors were available in order to pick for the cake, I had to reach out to ask questions or scheduling type items that I feel should have been addressed with me or maybe even listed somewhere for review. We felt like we were not as 'important' as other groups/weddings.
    ~ Wasting ALL that left over food!!!! It's just being tossed so why not ask the bride and groom (since they've paid for it anyway and hardly get to eat anything because so busy) if they would like to package it up and take with them??
    ~ How about some kind of discount or special rate on a room for the bride a groom for at least their honeymoon night?? I was flabbergasted that we couldn't even stay at the resort in a room for anything less than a standard guest. We made accomodations at a neighboring resort for a week. Seems Big Cedar would want to create memories for their Bride and Groom so that they would be repeat customers potentially each year on their anniversary.

Like I said overall we were very pleased and had a wonderful day. Big Cedar has beautiful scenery and we felt blessed to be able to have our special day there.

Heather & Donnie Rice

Sent on 10/24/2013

Stephanie · Married on 04/16/2016

3.4
      3.0

Definitely hire a separate wedding coordinator/planner.
    If you are having a small wedding with few guests, I would highly recommend bringing an outside vendor for catering.
    Very beautiful place with many opportunities for amazing pictures!

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • Manders

Amanda · Married on 07/26/2014

2.6
      1.0
      1.5

Booking with this vendor was a bit of a nightmare. They changed wedding planners on me 3 times without notice. Whenever I had a question it would take them at least 10 days to get back to me with an answer, no matter what I had inquired about. I had to reconfirm EVERYTHING numerous times with each planner. The last planner that we were assigned was a complete idiot. She had no idea what she was doing and spent more time flirting with my fiancé than with actually caring about doing her job. Because of this, we changed our $5k wedding into one of their elopement packages so we wouldn't lose all of our deposit. That way, we wouldn't have to deal with their staff. The venue is gorgeous just make sure you have a ton of patience when booking! Their only redeeming quality was that they allowed us to modify our contract on short notice when we wanted to change from the normal wedding to an elopement. That's literally my only positive feedback.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Greg · Married on 11/02/2013

1.6
      0.5
      0.5
      1.5
      2.5

Oh where do I begin. First things first, ever since BCL bought Integrity Hills my experiance has been nothing but miserable. Just about everything that was promised to us by the IH staff was automatically vetoed by BCL. Secondly, your prices are outragous. When someone is paying $7,000 for a venue you shouldn't nickle and dime them like you're struggling for money. Third, when it comes to money you all are thiefs, straight up. How dare you charge someone $4.00 for a beer, charge a service fee on that (when one was charged to set up) and then the tax. That total should be $5.09 yet you charge $5.25. When Mary our wedding cordinator/food and beverage sales rep was questioned about this she refused to charged the proper price. I told her that BCL should take the .09 cent loss on sales rather that gain an extra .16 cent. She refused. I told her to remove any and all tip jars from the beer counter and she began arguing with me at my reception. The experiance was absolutely miserable and I can promise you this, if I knew at the begining that BCL was going to buy IH I would not have signed up to get married there. It was full of nothing but stress, and not caring (on BCL) side since they are getting the checks cut. I would be out of my mind if I would reccomend this place to my friends, a wedding is supposed to be a time of joy and happiness yet your staff made that impossible.

Sent on 11/15/2013

Big Cedar Lodge's reply:

Greg,

Once again thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your review and allowing me to discuss over the phone your event in more detail. We are pleased that we resolved your concerns and look forward to seeing you both for your first anniversary.

Cristi Parker, Director of Sales & Catering