Beverly Harris Weddings & Events Reviews

15 | Beverly Hills, CA

15 Reviews for Beverly Harris Weddings & Events

Tracy · Married on 08/04/2012

We LOVE Beverly Harris! When we got engaged, we had no idea what we were doing. Luckily, a friend of mine had used Beverly's services and she insisted that I call her. I'm SO happy that I did. Beverly and her team are knowledgeable, professional, and so nice! Beverly has a corporate background and she is focused, practical, and down to earth. We hired Beverly for "month of" services, but she helped us out through the whole process. Whenever I had a question, she responded immediately with helpful information. We did not know anything about planning a wedding and she pointed things out things that would have never occurred to us!

The week of the wedding, she was there whenever I needed her - reminding me of details I would have forgotten, picking up our chargers, keeping our rowdy groomsmen in check. On our wedding day, her associate, Rachael, was with the bridal party all day taking care of us. Beverly was at the venue making sure that every detail we had discussed was perfectly in place. I was floored when I first walked into the reception room. DJs were set up, flowers and cake were out, tables were set. She coordinated with our other vendors and I never had to worry about a thing. She and her team stayed until after 1 am to make sure that every moment ran smoothly. Our wedding was exactly what we wanted without any snags.

I would HIGHLY recommend Beverly. In fact, my maid of honor who is getting married next year in Denver is now going to hire a wedding coordinator, having seen how valuable Beverly was to us. A lot of couples (including us) think that they should just have their family or friends help the day-of. But it was so much better to let our family and friends do what they do best (drink and dance), and leave the coordination to a professional. I'm so happy that Beverly was our professional. We are also happy to now call Beverly a friend and we plan to continue to spend time together now that the wedding is over.

Sent on 08/25/2012

Suzie · Married on 10/08/2011

Beverly and her team are amazing!!!! I am so lucky to have found her and not only did she help my wedding, we also grew a friendship. All of my bridesmaids, friends, and vendors all came over to me and complimented her work. She is so professional and so ambitious that I admire so much. Thank you for being in my life. I wouldn't have the fun I did if it weren't for you and your girls.

Sent on 10/24/2011

Shahed · Married on 09/10/2011

Beverly was an absolute delight to work with. She went above and beyond the call of duty and was extremely professional and responsive leading up to the wedding. Her staff was great and she thought of everything-from a to z. Her sweet demeanor made the crazy days leading up to the wedding much easier! Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/16/2011

shantel · Married on 07/23/2011

Beverly rocks!!! She was the glue that held our wedding together. I spent over a year planning my wedding without feeling like I needed a coordinator. When I finally gave in, I began a search for a day of coordinator. I found Beverly through YELP and decided to give her a call. I must admit that prior to meeting Beverly, I was nervous about hiring her since she was not Indian and I assumed had not coordinated a lot of Indian weddings which are generally longer and more detailed than some other weddings. Ours was even more complicated because it involved two ceremonies, an Indian and a White dress ceremony ,as well as 2 venues, a horse, 21 people in the bridal party and three outfit changes. However, one meeting with Beverly and any concerns I had were put to rest- it was clear that she was up for the challenge.

Not only is Beverly organized, efficient, professional, on point, helpful, resourceful, energetic and creative, but she is downright nice and truly cares about the final product. Beverly loves her job and it shows in the way she does it. She takes pride in everything she does. Beverly gives you as much of her time as you need to make your event a success. She is thorough without being pushy. She is thoughtful with out being dramatic. She thinks outside of the box and in times of crisis, does the thinking for you. For example-after a crisis with a party rentals company just 6 days before the wedding, Beverly was able to provide me a vendor recommendation and help get things set up within just a few hours. Now that is what I call crisis response.

On the day of, Beverly and her team showed up at 9am and did not leave until 1:30am the next day. Beverly and her team accommodated our every need and approached our wedding with a whatever it takes attitude. Her hard work and effort paid off. Not only were we completely satisfied with the way the wedding turned out but our guests were impressed with the organization and attention to detail. I can not imagine how things would have been on our big day without Beverly and her fabulous, smiley team supporting us at every step.

Thanks Beverly and crew for all your hard work!!!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2011

Sandra · Married on 06/11/2011

We hired Beverly and her team for month-of and day-of wedding coordination for our June wedding. Throughout the year leading up to the wedding, Beverly was easy to contact, very responsive, and always willing to answer questions. During the month of and on the day of the wedding, she took over and handled everything so that we didn't have to worry about anything. Beverly is very organized, and the day ran very smoothly (albeit incredibly fast!). Obviously no wedding is perfect, but the issues we did have were very minor, thanks to Beverly and her team. We and our guests had an absolutely fabulous time, and I'm so glad that we had the help of Beverly to make our dream wedding a reality.

Sent on 08/10/2011

alexis · Married on 05/29/2011

Beverly was wonderful to work with from start to finish. She is professional, prompt, kind, warm, generous and very good at what she does. Our wedding was challenging because of the many vendors and because their were sometimes competing ideas about what should be done (ie. on the day of there were vendors wanting to set up one way and family members on site giving conflicting orders) Beverly handled this very professionally, calling me and calmly asking how she could best advocate for me and my wishes. This was very impressive and very important.

Beverly had an assistant with me while i was getting ready which was very helpful. She even carried my cellphone and fielded any calls so that I didn't have to.

At the wedding itself, Beverly and her staff blended in seamlessly and made sure everything went smoothly. without exception she was on top of things and insured that I could relax and enjoy the occasion.

I highly recommend Beverly. Her fee is very reasonable for what you get in return and she is a lovely person.

Sent on 07/14/2011

Robyn · Married on 07/17/2010

If there is one word to describe Leave it to Me Events (Beverly Harris) it is INVALUABLE. Her dedication to her clients is remarkable. Her attention to detail is superb. And she is always "on call." No matter when you call and/or email Beverly you almost always get a response within an hour.

I am an attorney and as a result very detail oriented and I have a type A++ personality. I am very hard to please and even with my very high standards Beverly consistently exceeded my every expectation.

I hired Beverly as a "day of coordinator." "Day of" is laughable because I hired Beverly a year and a half before my wedding and she was emailing me, calling me and helping from from day one.
    Beverly goes above and beyond! She is simply amazing. She got to know every one of my vendors. Each of my vendors at one point or another during my very long engagement commented to me on how great, organized, detailed oriented, friendly, etc. that Beverly was. A number of my friends who got married before me had the pleasure of meeting Beverly. After spending a few hours with Beverly, they all told me that they could not believe how great she was. In fact, on my wedding day I was nervous about the details- vendors showing up, the right table clothes being set out, flowers in the right place...one of my bridesmaids who had come with me to meet with Beverly on a few occasions looked at me and said, "Robyn, do not worry, you know Beverly has it under control". My friend was right, Beverly had everything under control.

I should also mention that Beverly has multiple outstanding assistants, all of which she brings to the wedding to help out. Her assistant Chaylse served as my "lady in waiting" during the wedding day. Chaylse was super helpful. Up until the day of the wedding I had no idea what I would have Chaylse do. On the wedding day I counted my blessings that she was there. There are just so many things that "come up"--little things that Chaylse just handled, no questions asked. She was quick to think of resolutions, e.g., it is too cold in the room where the bride gets ready, we need to bring cases of water over to the groom's room, someone needs to bring the front desk the gift bags, we need someone to pick up lunch for the bridesmaids, can someone hold my train???....Chaylse, Chaylse, Chaylse.

Finally, Beverly's prices are beyond reasonable. As you future brides will quickly learn there is no one in the wedding industry that is underpaid. However, I would argue strongly that Beverly is! She loves what she does and I truly think part of her payment is the smile on your face on your wedding day when everything goes perfectly thanks to Beverly.

In sum, you cannot go wrong with Beverly--Hiring her will be one of the best decisions you can make.

Sent on 08/08/2010

Rhonda · Married on 07/10/2010

I have had the pleasure of working with Beverly Harris on my daughter's wedding. She is amazing, and I am a very difficult person to please. Over and over again she went the extra mile to made sure that my daughter's special day was the very best it could be. If you need a wedding coodinator I would definitely recommend
    Beverly. No matter where you look you will not find a better person for the job.

Sent on 07/21/2010
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2010

Wow, where do I start ? I hired Leave it to Me for my weddding coordinator. Beverly is the best ! At first, my parents kept telling me that I could handle all the wedding details myself - that I didn't need a coordinator. With my non-flexible work schedule and a guest list of over 360 people who responded yes to the RSVP (several from out of town), I knew that would be a huge mistake. I could see forsee a disaster. I was so stressed out staying up late after work, trying to everything myself. I took matters into my own hands and found Beverly-an Angel ! Thank goodness !

I talked to her on the phone first, then by email a few times before actually meeting her . The very first time I met her in person, I felt like I'd known her for a long time. I felt completely at ease - like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Beverly is so organized, has a great personality, is always on time, has great ideas and solutions to problems. She always responds to emails promptly. She handled all the communications with my vendors, something I didn't have much time to do especially during the day while I was working. She kept all the vendors on track. She even went to my rehearsal dinner location to make sure everything was OK.

In the two weeks before the wedding, she gives you a detailed timeline of the schedule of events. She made sure all of the vendors were on the correct schedule for deliveries and payments . The day of my wedding was absoutely phenominal. Everyone always talks about some disaster that happens that can't be forseen and I was waiting for it. I can say that I had no problems whatsoever ! Everyone in my bridal party and inner circle is still talking about how smooth everything went. Guests are still complimenting me on how organized my wedding was and how professional , efficient my coordinators were. My other vendors even commented on how organized she was and how much they liked working with her. Beverly and her team were really on top of everything. So many of my guests tell me it's one of the nicest weddings they've ever been to.

My parents admitted that I definitely did need a wedding coordinator and are now really happy that I hired Beverly. They, along with my husband and inner circle say she and her team were worth every cent ! I feel so lucky to have met such a wonderful person whom I now consider a great friend.

Sent on 06/09/2010

Sara · Married on 09/26/2009

After a shrinking budget and losing two donated backyards amongst other snafus I never thought it was possible to have a wedding, let alone our DREAM wedding. How is this possible you might ask? Beverly and Leave It To Me Events! I hired Beverly to come to our rescue to see what we could with our budget and circumstances. Beverly was the best investment we have ever made! Not only did she help us save money from her vendor connections, but she went above and beyond. She was there for me emotionally as well every step of the way. When I freaked out and needed her approval if the chairs we were ordering were too banged up, she met me at the vendor in .05 seconds. She always returns emails and calls immediately. On top of her work ethic and responsibilites, Beverly consistently has a smile on her face and is professional with a capital p. Beverly made our wedding truly magical. Set amongst oak trees in the Palisades, Beverly made our event warm, gorgeous and mind blowing. With our budget, we could not believe that people said that our event captured more soul and beauty than million dollar weddings! However, above all this, Jeff and I are happy to now consider Beverly a friend. We adore her and are not suprised that her business is booming!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Diana · Married on 09/05/2009

After an 11-year courtship and a career move across the country, my long time love and I were ready to tie the knot. Only problem was, that I would be planning our California nuptials while living in Alabama at the time. Yikes! Still determined to have the wedding we always wanted, we booked a flight back to the West Coast and hit the ground running. From wedding expos to bridal boutiques we searched for potential vendors. But what was supposed to be an exciting experience, quickly turned into one of the most stressful moments of my life! Who would help me coordinate? Was I choosing the right caterer, DJ, Videographer, etcetera? Not wanting to throw this huge responsibility on any family member or friend, the idea of hiring someone to help us seemed like the solution. That is when I came across a postcard my Mom had picked up at a bridal expo a week before my trip back home. The words “Leave It To Me” never sounded sweeter and the timing, of course, could not have been better.

From the first moment I spoke with Beverly Harris I felt at ease. She was so prepared and took meticulous notes of everything we envisioned our day to be then gave us her honest feedback. She even went out of her way to help us find a DJ and a Videographer. She was so savvy and resourceful we hired her to handle the details of our nuptials for “the day of”.
    When one thinks of a “day of” wedding coordinator, you may think of someone who mainly hands the checks over to the vendor. Not the case with Beverly. If I would have to choose one quality about her, it would be her passion. Yes she is professional and creative, not to mention classy. But what meant the most was that she poured her heart into every phone call, email, meeting and task pertaining to our wedding. Whether it was taking time to listen to my overly ambitious ideas or to send me a reminder, she went above and beyond every step of the way.
    And let me tell you, our wedding was a doozy, over 250 guests and a 22 person bridal party!
    But Beverly handled it with such grace. I have lost count of how many compliments we received from our guests about how smoothly everything went. Leave It To Me Events was on top of every element, but in a non-intrusive type of way. Anyone else could have easily decided to do the minimum because, after all, they were hired to just be a “day of” wedding coordinator. But not Beverly, that is not who she is and I am sure I am not the first to take notice.

I will admit, there are moments where I catch myself wondering what I would have done differently if we could have done it all over again. You know, danced longer, taken this photo or played that song. Either way one thing has remained without question. If we ‘did’ do it all over again, Beverly Harris would have to be there to help make it happen.

A much deserved thank you to Beverly and the Leave It To Me Events team for all their hard work and dedication towards making our fairytale wedding come true. There is no way we could have done it without them!

It is my pleasure to extend my recommendation for Leave It To Me Events!
    Sincerely, Diana Guevara

Sent on 12/01/2010

V. · Married on 10/05/2007

Beverly was a joy to work with. She helped in every detail! She made my day one that I was able to just enjoy and not have to worry about a thing! She helped lin us up for the procession (5 little ones involved!), confirmed who was going to be in the Grand Entrance and the perfect place settings at our reception. This is one lady that I can always count on! Enjoy your day!

Sent on 05/22/2008

Brenda · Married on 02/03/2007

Beverly was professional, efficient and very dependable while planning my wedding. She took care of all the details from the beginning to the end. Having my wedding plans in her hands, left me without stress and able to focus on enjoying my day. I recommend Beverly to plan any wedding of any size.

Sent on 06/16/2008

Sonja · Married on 09/09/2009

Beverly (and her staff) were incredible. We were on a very tight budget but not only did Beverly work within that budget, she made us feel comfortable and valued, as well. The wedding was glorious. Nothing fell by the wayside. We have family flying in from all over the country (and even one internationally). Everyone remarked about how smoothly the wedding went. The vendors that Beverly found for us were willing to work within our budget and they were all awesome in personality and in performance! Many of them remarked about how awesome Beverly's events were (and they were right). Everything from the photography to the limo was flawless. My husband and I feel very blessed to have met Beverly and to have had the opportunity to share such a wonderful time of our lives with such a great person.

Sent on 11/18/2009

D. · Married on 07/09/2011

0.8
      0.0

We hired Beverly to execute our wedding from start to finish, and be with us during the entire planning process. Unfortunately, Beverly misrepresented her experience to us and ended up costing us over $10,000. We hired Beverly because we felt that she had a pleasant attitude and her stated experience. She said that she had over 16 years of experience planning weddings. We agreed on a payment of $4,000 for her services, with 50 % due at the time the contract was signed. We thought we were getting 16 years of experience negotiating with vendors, an extensive list of vendors, and venues, and a huge network of stylists, etc. Come to find out, she has only a few years of experience, has not planned a big wedding from start to finish, has a very small network of vendors, and absolutely no negotiating skills. Beverly had us sign a contract with a venue that brought us over $10K over budget. She missed a huge clause in the contract, and had no way of fixing it or getting us out of it because the contract had been signed.
    So, after several months of trying to make it work with Beverly despite her non-existent list of vendors, we decided to terminate our contract with her after the HUGE mistake with the venue. When we asked for a partial refund, Beverly who is not known for her assertiveness, became assertive all of the sudden and decided to keep $1,500 out of the $2,000 down payment for "doing all the leg work" for us. Of course, we don't agree that she did any leg work at all because all of the vendors that we hired, we found ourselves, and negotiated the price with ourselves after we fired her. The only contract that she "negotiated" for us was the contract with the venue that she messed up on so royally, costing on over $10K more than we had in the budget. She stated that she had never worked with a couple that wanted to see so many venues. We saw 4 venues, all of which we found on our own!!! So in the end, she refunded 25% of our down payment for doing absolutely nothing. This is not the norm in the industry we found out when we hired another planner. Usually when the client is unhappy with the planner's performance, the planner with refund ALL of the down payment. Especially if her incompetence results in a $10K overage on budget. Bottom line, do not hire Beverly if you want someone to help you plan a wedding within budget, or if you want a planner that is experienced, assertive, and has a network of vendors so you don;t have to do all the work. The only good thing I can say about her: she responds to all e-mails w/in a few hours. She could good value if you hire her for day of coordination, but not for full planning.

Sent on 11/22/2011

Beverly Harris Weddings & Events's reply:

Dorina, I'm so sorry you were unhappy with my services. I tried my best to do a great job. However, I must resound to your comments.
    I spent hours and hours researching and negotiating venues. After you fired your wedding planner before me who you mentioned never showed you one venue, I had you out visiting venues within two weeks of us working together. You even hired one of the vendors I introduced you to.
    Regarding the return of your deposit, per your husband's email I returned exactly what was agreed upon.
    Beverly Harris Weddings & Events does not misrepresent itself as it has the upmost respect for it's clients.
    Again, we regret you did not have a positive experience with Beverly Harris Weddings & Events, but so happy for you and your new husband. Wishing you the best.