Betty Jane's BakeShoppe Reviews

Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 2
Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 3
Betty Jane's BakeShoppe 4

Debbie · Married on 08/08/2015

Our experience at Betty Jane's Bake Shoppe was wonderful. She did a fabulous job on the brides cake as well as the groom's. The groom's cake was devoured!! Everything was beautiful as well as delicious. We will definitely be repeat customers!!

Sent on 08/13/2015

Peggy and Amanda at Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe were FANTASTIC throughout the entire process!!! Their designs are amazing and execution is beautiful. When I saw their gorgeous cake photos on their site, I knew we had to book them. The cake tasting was terrific, and we knew we found the perfect artist/baker. We had to make most of our plans long distance, but Peggy handled every detail, ensuring the cake was exactly as we wanted. We gave them a fabric swatch and they were able to duplicate the color exactly for the fondant ribbon on the tiers. When Amanda delivered the cake, we were ecstatic!!!! It was perfection!!!!! When we finally got to eat it, it was AMAZING!!! Many of the guests commented that it was the best wedding cake they ever tasted. We gladly gave recommendations to everyone. Amanda and Peggy obviously care about their customers and about producing the highest quality cakes.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Betty Jane's Bake Shoppe did a lovely job for my daughter's wedding! The cakes were delicious - not overly sweet. They did a wonderful job of translating the bride's wishes into the final result. Very beautiful! The groom's cake was delicious as well.

Sent on 06/18/2015
  • User5162058 · 2+ years ago

Betty Jane's cakes are amazing! Great value for the quality provided

Sent on 06/10/2015

Karin · Married on 04/11/2015

They were wonderful! We went to several planned cake tastings at other vendors. All of which were pretty awful, as far as taste went. We found Betty's Jane's on our cell phone search and thought we would just stop by and see if they would have time for us, we did not have an appointment. She did! On a Saturday afternoon, too. She spent a great deal of time with us and we ordered on the spot. Even came back at another time so the groom could have a tasting. The wedding was this past weekend. The cake looked as beautiful as we hoped it would and was delicious. Many compliments were received by the wedding guests. I would highly recommend these girls!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Tate · Married on 03/28/2015

I AM SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY with the wedding cake Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe made me!! IT WAS THE BEST TASTING CAKE I'VE EVER HAD, and EVERYONE was raving about the taste of the cake for weeks!!! The cake was moist, rich, and soft, the buttercream icing was sweet, rich, creamy, just to die for. I've tasted A LOT of cakes, and this was hands down the best. The ingredients were just so FRESH. It tasted even better than I had remembered from the initial tasting!

They EXCEEDED my expectations on the design of the cake. I described what I wanted and brought in pictures, and they created EXACTLY what I wanted. It was the wedding cake of my dreams! They created the most beautiful sugar orchids and covered the whole cake in EDIBLE GLITTER! They really listened to what I wanted and confirmed the design several times. I was just so happy that they were able to make my vision a reality. They even got our tres leches Captain America Grooms cake down perfectly.

They're customer service is wonderful, and they were the best of all my wedding vendors. I cannot rave about them enough. I would give them 20 stars if I could!!! All brides in the San Antonio Area please check them out! :)

Sent on 03/30/2015

Lauren · Married on 03/21/2015

The most delicious wedding cake I have ever tasted. All of our guests went on and on about how spectacular it tasted. It also looked beautiful. It's pricey but worth it if you love cake!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Heather · Married on 03/14/2015

Peggy and Amanda helped us customize both our wedding cake and the groom's cake. The wedding cake had intricate designs on each layer and delicious flavors. The idea for the groom's (lego inspired) cake was found on Google, but the ladies had no problem with it and it came out perfect!

Sent on 03/28/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 03/06/2015

Betty Jane's was awesome. They made two BEAUTIFUL cakes and everyone complimented on them at our Wedding. Prices were affordable and I was really surprised on the finished products. Love love love!

Sent on 03/12/2015
  • MelissaC

Melissa · Married on 01/31/2015

Amanda and Peggy created two amazing cakes for my wedding, one for us and one for my husband. Unfortunately by the time we got to the reception our main cake had tilted a little, but it was not Betty Jane's fault at all. There had been a huge change in the weather and everything was collecting condensation so it affected that cake. It didn't matter much though because everyone thought it was a beautiful cake! My husband's on the other hand was PERFECT and was the talk of the night! They were able to take a picture of my dream cake from online and duplicate it according to my specifications and then they were able to create a masterpiece from the mind of my husband from a doodle. I'm glad they decided to humor my husband's wild dream cake because it was pretty much the greatest cake we've ever seen, as well as our guests. Both of the cakes were so delicious! After the wedding we went up to our room where we had taken our plates of cake and devoured them. Thank you so much for your hard work and even more thanks for that incredible piece of art that was the grooms cake. We kind of wish we could have not cut into it and saved it, or at least that shark! Amazing work!!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Chelsey · Married on 11/22/2014

Delicious cakes! They made beautiful cakes exactly to our specifications! So glad we chose this vendor for our special day!

Sent on 11/27/2014

Rita · Married on 11/22/2014

Our cake was not only beautiful but also delicious! The frosting was a little thick in my opinion, but it was not overly sweet. The cake was moist and the fillings were wonderful! We had to make a few changes to our cake the week before our wedding, but the staff at Betty Jane's made it all an easy process for us which we much appreciated during a stressful time. Small place, big cakes!!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Samantha · Married on 07/27/2014

This place was the talk of my reception. Everyone wanted to know where we got our cake because it was truly that delicious. We had the vanilla cake with strawberry filling and it was not only beautiful but tasted amazing too. I tried a lot of other highly recommended wedding cake shops, but none compared to the homemade recipes of Betty Jane's BakeShoppe. I will be getting all of my cakes here from now on.

Sent on 08/10/2014

Mackenzie · Married on 06/21/2014

Amazing business to work with. We had done a few other taste testings prior to finding Betty Jane's and been disappointed. When Amanda took us into their Wedding consult room we were blown away. Their service, talent, and price are unbeatable!! I actually changed the whole design of my cake the week before the wedding... and they did not even flinch. Everything was EXACTLY how I visioned it, when I saw the cake for the first time, I was speechless. And the cakes taste JUST as good as they look. I will have Betty Jane cater to all our future events. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/28/2016

April · Married on 03/15/2014

Betty Jane's BakeShoppe has the best cakes! The service is excellent! We ordered both, wedding cake and grooms cake. They have a wide variety of flavors and cake designs.

Sent on 03/29/2014

Albert · Married on 03/08/2014

Ok first of all, the TASTE..if you're trying to be good...stay away because you'll want to buy a cake that same day just to devour it. We had pina colada in the wedding cake and Strawberry in my cake (groom's) let's just say, only the topper was left...4 level cake and a single level groom's cake and NADA was left :( lol I didn't even get to taste my cake hahaha...everyone has been asking about the cake and where we got it from. It's mama and Daughter that run the show. They're super kind and will make your cake dream come true. They had every singe detail down! Just swing by for a tasting and you'll see. Save me a piece of cake if you get some hahaha...
    Thank you Betty Janes Bakeshoppe!
    Albert & Pamela March 8th 2014

Sent on 04/04/2014

Stephanie · Married on 01/18/2014

Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe was awesome! The cake was both beautiful and delicious! Each tier had two fillings: double the yum! I provided a photo of the lace on my dress, and they decorated the cake with a pattern that mirrored my dress. Loved it!

Sent on 01/26/2014

I orderd my daughter's graduation cake...All I can say is that " it was amazing" !!!!!! I will definitely go back and recommend them to all my friends. Unbelievable !!!! I'm in the wedding industry and have seen and tasted my share of cakes... And let me tell you its the best by far. ;))

Sent on 12/14/2013

OMG ! I ORDERED THE WEDDING CAKE FOR MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING 4 TIER WITH BLACK RIBBON AND BROOCHES ON A SPARKLY ROUND CAKE STAND . AND GROOMS CAKE . IT WAS SOOO BEAUTIFUL , I TOOK THEM A PICTURE OF WHAT I WANTED AND IT TURNED OUT EXACTLY LIKE THE PICTURE OF THE CAKE , WE RECIEVED SO MANY COMPLIMENTS , CAKE WAS ELEGANT , SPOT ON . THE FLAVOR WAS DELICIOUS. WE GOT THE BUTTER CREAM ICING WITH CREAMCHEESE MMM, WHITE CAKE WITH RASPBERRY FILLING... RED VELVET TIER , AND GROOMS CAKE GERMAN CHOCOLATE PATRIOTS FOOTBALL THEME , WITH A FOOTBALL AND JERSEY, WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE , FLAVOR , AND HOW THE CAKES WERE DECORATED I TRULY highly RECOMEND BETTY JANES BAKESHOPPE

Sent on 11/22/2013

Emily · Married on 11/09/2013

Betty Jane's BakeShoppe created the MOST beautiful and delicious cake we've even seen. All of our wedding guests said this was by far the best cake they ever tasted. We had multiple layers and different flavors and it was hard to pick a favorite. The price for the quality was amazing-don't order a cake from anyone else! We'll definitely be using Betty Jane's for future events!

Sent on 11/17/2013

Lisa · Married on 11/01/2013

We went to 7 cake tastings in preparation for our wedding day. Betty Jane's cake was so much better than the rest that we couldn't decide what flavor(s) we wanted and had to come back a second time to make a final decision. Skip ahead 3 months to the day of the event. The cake was amazing. It was everything that we asked for in presentation and even more than we expected in taste. We had a 4-tier cake with piping and a sheet cake to help feed the additional people. We went with the white cake with strawberry filling as our sheet cake, white cake with chocolate mousse and chocolate cake with custard filling in alternating levels on our main cake. It was phenomenal. Everyone raved about the taste, texture and presentation of the cake. We were extremely happy with all three as well. The cake was fresh, the icing was sweet without being overly so and the cake left no residue after eating it. It was seriously the best cake we have ever eaten. We can't wait for our 1 year anniversary to eat the frozen tier!!!

John & Lisa Carstens

Sent on 11/05/2013

Adrienne · Married on 06/23/2013

Our cake with Betty Janes was delicious and furthermore very beautiful! Peggy's daughter does outstanding work! Her talent is exceptional. Loved working with these very nice, very sweet ladies!

I'm going to order my daughters sweet 16 cake from Betty Janes Bakeshoppe!

Sent on 07/21/2013

Christopher · Married on 06/08/2013

An absolutely delicious cake that we and our guests completely enjoyed.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Rhonda · Married on 06/08/2013

Wowsa! the cake was super duper. I am not a fan of chocolate cake, but omg their chocolate cake was wonderfully light and melted in your mouth like fudge! We had both chocolate and white cake, the layers filled with raspberry filling and chocolate moose. The frosting was a cream cheese base and just wonderful. I went with Betty's because a friend at work says her family always uses them for their large gatherings for birthdays. They have a variety of filling flavors to choose from, and they work with any design. We had a celtic theme to our wedding, and I gave a print out of a simple celtic knot for her to work from. Great job!

Sent on 08/28/2013
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 04/20/2013

Betty Jane's created beautiful wedding and groom's cakes for our wedding. I only had to show them a couple pictures and they added to the design to make our cakes truly unique! I loved that their frosting wasn't the super sweet kind like many bakeries. The Owner stated that her mother's recipes were what she used and everyone loved them!

Sent on 04/28/2013