Better Halves Reviews

44 | Austin, TX

44 Reviews for Better Halves

Tanne · Married on 05/03/2014

PHENOMENAL! This duo is incredible! My husband and I chose to do a Beatles-only ceremony and Chrissie and Jimmy Joe went above and beyond to learn all the songs we requested. For our cocktail hour, Chrissie and Jimmy Joe played classic rock love songs. Amazing. These two are TALENTED! I still can't get over that they fit in our price range. They could get away with charging 10 times what they do-- they are that good. If you are looking for musicians for any events, look no further. I am so happy we have Chrissie and Jimmy Joe playing at our wedding.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Georgi · Married on 03/30/2014

From the Yellow Rose of Texas to Hey Good Look'in to some of their own unique twists on vocals Better Halves Musicians -Chrissie and Jimmy Joe Natoli- are just what every bride needs a bit of at her wedding!

Looking for something different for my Country Chic wedding at Thurman's Mansion/Salt Lick and searched and searched and even though they were hard to find I am hoping this yelp review makes it easier for everyone else to enjoy their music!

These two play classics, will write you your own song, or anything you want. They play several instruments for whatever your style is. I asked for banjo and guitar-lively festive music, but not deliverance type banjo and they nailed it!

I mostly communicated with Chrissie who is delightful, detailed oriented, and professional. They worked within my time and budget constraints. They played our ceremony music as well as through our cocktail hour where they sang. The guests were very delighted as was I. Her communication and performances were spot on.

Brides, party throwers, and unique music seekers do not pass up these two fantastic artists!

Sent on 04/08/2014

Nancy · event on: 09/28/2013

My Husband and I were giving a birthday party for a friend, we hired the the "Better Halves" to help us out with the celebration. They made it so easy and added a wonderful energy to our gathering.
    they played some of their originals and some classics everyone knew.
    We think they are great!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Karen · event on: 07/21/2013

The Better Halves were a great addition to our reunion! Their music was wonderful and they are very personable and lively. We would have them back any time.

Sent on 09/08/2013

Rya · Married on 04/27/2013

Chrissy and jimmy joe were amazing... Very responsive. We asked for instrumental acoustic renditions of our favorites and they delivered! They even worked up a few new songs not in their repertoire just for us! Great set list too.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Cheyanne · event on: 04/06/2013

Chrissie and Jimmie Joe are wonderful musicians and songwriters, this was the second event they played for our group. They go out of their way to be accommodating and also offered to write what I believe is the perfect song for us. Real down to earth people with more heart than you can imagine!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Lauren · Married on 11/03/2012

The better halves were amazing!! They took the time to learn our song choices and made them sound beautiful. All of our guests were asking about them after the wedding ceremony. They were also super sweet and great to work with. Very thorough and responsive! We highly recommend them for any event and hope to use them again in the future!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2012

The Better Halves went the extra mile for our wedding. They performed songs of their own and played songs we requested and learned a couple of new ones for us. They had played at our venue before and knew the set up. They were friendly, on time, fun and personable. They can stand the Texas heat and were a great addition to our wedding. We got lots of compliments on their performance. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/11/2013

Allison · Married on 04/21/2012

We used Jimmy Joe and Chrissie for our ceremony music and for our cocktail hour music and our guests were blown away. They are simply amazing! Chrissie and Jimmy Joe are so easy to work with and very accommodating to any requests. We had so many of our guests comment on the music and how wonderful they were. Chrissie is very quick to respond to any e-mails and if I ever need musicians for anything in the future, they will be the first one's I call!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/10/2011

The Better Halves were the PERFECT addition to our ceremony! They learned special songs by request (Jethro Tull & Blondie songs), and kept our guests smiling the entire time. Working with them was SO EASY, much easier than any other vendor I dealt with. They showed up early, and stayed to entertain until the last guest left, and all our guests adored them as much as we did! I would HIGHLY recommend them for anyone wanting personalized music at their wedding, or any other special event. From beautiful instrumentals, to acoustic versions of contemporary songs, The Better Halves can play it ALL, and all in a very professional, yet personable manner. Thanks Chrissie & Jimmy Joe!

Sent on 08/29/2013

Sharon · Married on 05/15/2010

I originally heard and talked with the Better Halves at a farmers market here in Austin about playing at my wedding. They play almost every weekend there and they are amazing. They are laid back, have funny stories about their lives and overall put on a very entertaining show. They even have a "wedding song" they wrote for each other when they married that is hilarious.
    Every guest enjoyed listening to them play their guitars and sing. They were prompt, professional and very well priced! We want to get married again so they can play at our wedding a second time!
    Thanks!

Sent on 09/21/2013

Rachel · Married on 08/02/2009

Jimmy Joe and Chrissie were absolutely fantastic during the planning of our wedding. They were highly professional and they also went the extra mile to add extremely personal touches to our ceremony. They were willing to learn three new songs just for us, so that we could have "our song" during the ceremony and so I could have one of my favorite songs, the theme song from "Princess Bride" (which I'm sure was a highly unusual request). I received several compliments from my wedding guests on the guitar arrangements and how pretty their harmonies sounded during the ceremony. Thanks again to the Natolis for making our wedding day such a special event!" - Rachel and Shane Bryan

Sent on 09/09/2013

Julia · Married on 04/18/2009

Jimmy Joe and Chrissie Natolie of the Better Halves were amazing. Totally professional and extremely talented. They made my day beautiful with their amazing music.

Sent on 08/28/2013

Mr. and Mrs. Natoli are accomplished, professional, versatile musicians who are also quite personable and down-to-earth people. They are able to perform with various combinations of instruments, but are not limited to instrumentals since they are vocalists too, with a lovely two part harmony. They can perform the standard repertoire according to tradition if you want, but they also have unique arrangements that let you hear familiar works like you've never heard them before (a great swing version of Bach's Toccata and Fugue in Dm) and they are usually willing to learn something new just for you (Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare, anyone?). A+

Sent on 11/15/2013

Matt · Married on 04/07/2018

They did a wonderful job during our ceremony and with a transition from outdoor to indoor did a marvelous job setting the tone for our ceremony. I would highly recommend working with them.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Chrissie and Jimmy Joe were amazing musicians for our wedding ceremony music. They were incredible flexible and helpful in the planning of our wedding. They learned a song that had special meaning to us and even sent us a recording beforehand so we could hear it.They already know a wide array of songs and were open to playing whatever we wanted. They even were open to tweeking my bridal processional so I could walk out to my favorite part. They were incredibly professional beforehand and during the event. They were always prompt and receptive to any of our needs and they play beautifully- all for a very affordable price!

Sent on 09/30/2013
  • F

Francis · event on: 07/22/2013

This group even created a song just for our family! They were a blast!

Sent on 09/02/2013

Danna · Married on 10/02/2010

The Better Halves were the perfect musical complement to our wedding ceremony. Though they have a great selection of songs in their repertoire, they offered to learn a new song at our request. I always wanted to walk down the aisle to "And I Love Her" by The Beatles and the Better Halves made it happen! They were very easy to work with and responded to emails in a timely manner. I highly recommend The Better Halves for your event.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Brandon · Married on 10/24/2009

Chrissie and Jimmy Joe performed during our wedding ceremony in the fall of 2009. We selected a handful of songs that were special to us - selections by Johnny Cash, Neil Young, Tom Petty, The Beatles, etc. - and they arranged them for guitar and mandolin. Chrissie and Jimmy Joe are great to work with and are truly talented musicians. Their performance really made our wedding special.

Sent on 09/24/2013