Betsy Wall Photography Reviews

33 | Rochester, MN

33 Reviews for Betsy Wall Photography

Jennifer · Married on 10/14/2016

All I can say is not only does Betsy have a true talent with having an eye for taking great pictures and angles, she also makes picture taking fun! My now husband and I really enjoyed working with her. We were told to pick a photographer that we not only liked the pictures of but also one that had a personality that meshed with us. We met per our wedding planners request with 4 photographers. Betsy was a no brained to work with because of her amazing pictures, bubbly positive personality, and organization.
    It is 100% true to pick a photographer that you mesh well with as well as having great pictures. They are around you so much on your wedding day that they. An make or break the whole mood. I can say that Betsy made it that much more special. I encourage you to look at her pictures and meet with her if you are serious about needing a photographer. You will see first hand why she is worthy of every positive review and kind word.

Ashley · Married on 05/09/2015

Betsy was so amazing to work with! She's very responsive and very flexible with her packages. She's also super organized and detailed and will be sure to document all of the shots that are important to you. Both she and her assistant Karin are a blast to work with the day-of--they know how to get everyone laughing and relaxed. Betsy is also super responsive after the wedding day. She processes photos super quick (2 weeks!) and was very helpful in cropping photos to specialty sizes and changing color to B&W (and vice-versa). I couldn't be happier with our photos--we look like we were featured in a bridal magazine!

Betsy Wall captured EVERY detail and moment of our wedding! We spent our entire wedding weekend with Betsy by our side and we had the most amazing experience and an absolute blast. Betsy turned our photos around faster than I ever imagined! In addition she sent over four images the next morning for a nice sneak peak. Betsy went above and beyond and ended up staying even longer than anticipated to make sure we had every shot that we wanted. Moreover, we chose to add the photo booth to our reception and it was a hit! Our guests are still talking about it! We are so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Betsy, she captured the biggest day of our lives and we couldn't be happier with our beautiful photos.

• Mark & Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/13/2012

As an art history nerd, I LOVE photography. Some girls gotta have the perfect dress, I had to have the perfect photographer. I'm a huge fan of photo-journalistic style and in my initial research, it was Betsy who caught my eye and struck me the most. However, I made appointments with photographers in all spectrums of our budget. They were all fine (except for the photographer who didn't show up to our meeting, didn't respond to my attempts to contact until 11 pm that night, admitting to not writing down our appointment and wasn't especially apologetic....ahem), but Betsy just stood out above the rest - that came from my fiancé, not me, as I was already biased. She had her own studio and all example paperwork ready for discussion while still being warm and welcoming. She was a little more expensive than the others we met, but we felt secure with her level of professionalism and looking at her work, it's obvious why.

Betsy did ALL of our photos (engagement and wedding) and was so great to work with. My husband is very camera shy and she did whatever she could to make him feel comfortable. Between engagement and wedding day, she was not only super responsive but went above and beyond. She sent us a gift about a month before and it was SUCH a pleasant surprise. The day of, she was SO patient with me when the timeline got off-course and we forgot a few things we had discussed before. I was upset because we got behind schedule and didn't get as many bridal party candids as I wanted (our fault, not hers) but we have so many other great candids from the night that I'll have no shortage of pictures to use. Also, our friends and family rave about all of them.

I would recommend Betsy if you want a photographer as well as a friend. I can see right through vendors who act buddy-buddy because you're paying them, but with Betsy it's genuine. I cannot say enough positive things.

Shannon · Married on 10/06/2012

Betsy is a professional in every sense of the word. She is such a talented and passionate person and it was an absolute joy working with her! She took our engagement and wedding pictures and was on top of everything. She made sure to get all of the pictures that were important to me and checked in with me along the way to ask my opinion. Betsy takes amazing pictures and knows so much about photography that pictures were nearly effortless for me. After meeting with her a few times I felt so comfortable around her that I didn't have to worry about her getting the pictures taken because I knew I was in good hands. One of the best deicisions I made besides marrying my husband was hiring Betsy to be our wedding photographer.

I can't rave about Betsy enough! Betsy was so great to work with from start to finish! I am super OCPD, so when I showed up with my long list of questions to ask her just to decide if we were going to use her, I was thrilled that she totally matched it with a description of her Excel spreadsheet that she uses to plan out all of the photos for the day. She was always prompt to respond to emails and easy to get ahold of. She was also always so excited about the wedding, which was fun. :-) She even sent us a little care package about 2 months or so before the wedding to remind us to take some time for us away from the wedding planning! We did both an engagement session and the wedding photos with her and both turned out great. She knows how to work with lighting in ways that make it so beautiful when the photos are finished and printed. She even got my husband to relax and smile during both (which can be very hard to do when it comes to photos)! We are so pleased with all of the work that Betsy did and how great she was to interact with. We definitely made the right choice!

Becky · Married on 07/28/2012

Betsy was awesome. She was so fun and organized it made our whole day less stressful. She captured true smiles and many special moments. I would highly recommend in the future.

Alisha · Married on 07/21/2012

Besty is amazing! We couldn't be happier with how our pictures turned out. Betsy was amazing to work with from the minute we hired her to do our wedding to any question we have had months after! We would recommend Betsy for any occasion and can't wait to use her again for future events.

Kelsey · Married on 06/09/2012

I don't think I can say enough good things about our experience with Betsy. We did our engagement photos with her as well as our wedding day and every interaction with her was so great. She was so fun to have around and all of the photos we have received back are absolutely beautiful. She has all of the group-photos down to a science so can run through them extremely efficiently. She takes great care in her work as well, checking out lighting at the venue the day before, etc. She did a great job of catching all the emotion of the day and was an absolute pleasure to work with!

brooke · Married on 10/01/2011

betsy was so fantastic! she is organized, flexible, laid back, professional, and mostly: incredibly talented!!

from the first time we contacted betsy until now - months after the wedding day, she's been fantastic. she was easy to communicate with, super responsive and made sure to get all of the pictures we requested, along with a ton we now can't live without! she does a very good job of keeping the portrait session moving along, while ensuring that we enjoyed our day. i never once felt rushed, but i was so happy to have someone else directing our photo time.

when our intended portrait location was too sunny to get beautiful photos, betsy saved the day and found another spot that was absolutely perfect!

after the wedding, she promptly posted a blog entry with tons of photos from our big day, as well as an online gallery. (we had dvds of our pictures in hand before friends who got married months before us had seen ANY of their pictures).

the pictures betsy took really captured our day perfectly - i catch myself looking at them multiple times a week, if not every day.

obviously, we were so pleased with betsy and her work - i couldn't have picked a better photographer!

thanks betsy!! :)

Megan · Married on 09/23/2011

Betsy has such an amazing vision and passion for photography! She is such a people person and makes you feel at ease when taking your pictures. She could not of done anything better!!

Amy · Married on 08/13/2011

We decided to work with Betsy Wall for our wedding photography for many many reasons. She is organized which made us feel SO comfortable and confident about her service. She is fun and isn't afraid to get the right picture (even if there is an Irish festival going on downtown St. Paul!). She is extremely knowledgable and gives awesome advice on timing and how your day is going to go. Her photography style is great. Betsy is also easy to be around which makes things easier, more comfortable and you just know that you made the right choice because she makes it about you and understands how important the day is for you. I think the best thing is, she does what she does for all the right reasons. What better way to photograph your wedding day than with someone you know is just as excited as you are? Our pictures are fabulous. Nuff' said.

Amy · Married on 07/15/2011

We LOVED working with Betsy! From our first meeting, through the engagement photos and finally the wedding - everything was easy and fun. She is organized and helped me to clarify what we wanted and needed in terms of photos before the wedding so we didn't have to worry about any of it the day of the wedding. Our wedding blog was up within a couple weeks and the photos were stunning. They reflected my felt sense of the day and I don't think there could be higher praise. Thank you Betsy!

Erin · Married on 06/17/2011

I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Betsy. She was absolutely amazing and we were so pleased with everything she did! She was so great the day of the wedding... she knew exactly how to grab people when she needed them and wasn't overly bossy or demanding like I've heard of some photographers. I just love her style and it comes to her so naturally. We are so pleased with all of our wedding photos.. it is going to be very tough to narrow down what to choose!! She is absolutely awesome, you will not be disappointed!

Shayla · Married on 05/29/2011

We absolutely loved Betsy! She was incredibly professional, organized and talented, and she made us feel so comfortable during the entire process!

• Beth

Beth · Married on 05/14/2011

My husband I could not have been more happy with our experience with Betsy Wall. Her professionalism and flexible, fun attitude made planning a wedding so much easier. The images we got from our engagement session and wedding day are everything we ever imagined! The mix of formal and candid shots was just right. I would recommend Betsy Wall Photography to anyone I meet- and I have! Thanks Betsy!

Sarah · Married on 10/16/2010

I know it seems weird to give someone 5 out of 5 stars for all categories, but Betsy was one of the reasons that I was not stressed out on my wedding day. She was organized, answered all my questions and has a great balance of being assertive with people while making them feel completely at ease. I absolutely love my photos and have received many compliments on them.

Laura · Married on 10/09/2010

Betsy Wall is an amazing photographer and a great person. Her shots are so incredibly crisp and clear, as well as origonal. If I could, I would post some of the photos she took of our weddding- they are amazing! Without hesitation, I would recommend her to anyone in the Twin Cities looking for a photographer.

Thank you, Betsy, for your hard work and skill!

Shera · Married on 09/25/2010

I cannot praise Betsy Wall Photography enough. Before I was even engaged, I remember seeing her work and following her blog just to enjoy the art she created. Her photos were so vibrant and the stories were captured beautifully. I was in awe. When it came time to interview photographers for our wedding, of course Betsy got a call! It turns out too, that we actually chose our wedding date around her availability! Hiring Betsy turned out to be one of the best decisions we made for our wedding.

With the stress most brides experience while making wedding plans, I found myself completely calm and confident in all areas around photography. Throughout the whole process, Betsy offered us sound advice and professional recommendations. She was quick to answer our questions and willing to make accommodations for us. We also loved the fact that our contract released us the rights to print the photos on our own. Another thing that impressed us was the way Betsy runs her business. After interviewing other photographers, it was clear that Betsy was the most organized, honest, and professional business owner we met with. We could see she sets high standards for herself and conducts her business with integrity.

One of my favorite memories of working with Betsy was during our engagement session. My fiancé and I arrived to the photo destination early so we could drive around the area and scope potential settings. I gasped when I saw Betsy walking around the college campus (despite her heavy cameras!) and was ALREADY scoping out the settings. And in her search she found an even better location than our original plan! The two spots were quite a distance from each other, so I have no idea how early she must have arrived to find it. To me, this spoke volumes about how committed she is to providing quality service to her clients. She wanted us to have the best experience... and was going to hike all over St. Paul to prove it!

I am thrilled with our engagement and wedding photos. They are awesome. The colors are bright, the shots are creative, the quality is superb...and working with a fun, outgoing photographer who LOVES what she does, made our experience absolutely amazing. I give her my highest recommendation. Thank you, Betsy Wall Photography!

Amanda · Married on 08/29/2010

Betsy was an awesome photographer for us! Her shots were amazing and she really captured exactly what we wanted. My husband said he really liked her photography because she doesn't have to edit the pictures all that much. She uses natural lighting to capture the photo. That is something we both really like. It looks real and not all fake and edited. Her prices were great too for the results we got. I would highly recommend Betsy. She is sweet, fun, and really easy to work with!

Emily · Married on 08/06/2010

Betsy and her 2nd photographer Chris we awesome people to work with, we are thrilled with our wedding pictures and wouldn't have changed a thing!

Lindsay · Married on 07/31/2010

Betsy,
    Wow, you are so talented! We fell in love with her quality and design of her work, I know that having you as our wedding photographer was the best decision. I felt an instant connect after meeting you and seeing your work. We are so happy with the work you did at our wedding and we already plan to use your services again for future family sessions to come. Thank you for being there with us and for capturing our wedding day so perfectly. I continue to highly recommend you to other brides.

Sincerely,
    Lindsay & Joe

Deborah · Married on 07/10/2010

Betsy is very professional and organized, but not intrusive. Not only were we thrilled with the results, but we have gotten a ton of compliments from our guests. We hope to hire Betsy again for some family photos in the future.
    Deb and Chris

Kristin · Married on 06/05/2010

Where do I begin? It's been a little over 4 months since my wedding and I truly miss working with Betsy. She made the process so wonderful and some of the moments (such as our Engagement Session) were one of our favorite parts throughout the wedding planning process.

FIRST MEETING: When we first met Betsy, she was very professional. We really liked how she viewed our consultation as not only an opportunity for us to interview her on her services but she was also very honest and open about her Photojournalistic Style and made us well aware that if we like the "posey-posey" shots...then unfortunately she would not be a fit. It was a mutual interview and we really liked how open we felt we could be with her as she was very open with us.

HER STYLE: We were recommended by a co-worker but ultimately her photojournalistic style is what caught our eye and ultimately, we are so lucky to have chosen her to capture our day as our pictures tell the story WAY better than the video our Videographer provided. She captured all the emotions, happiness, little "moments" etc. and we feel like we're reliving the moment every time we look at the pictures.

I'm a little shyer in front of the camera and she made it so easy and effortless. It felt like we were hanging out with a friend that we had known for 5+ years...thus the end result of the pictures were absolutely fabulous.

FLEXIBILITY: Betsy encouraged/encourages creativity. During our Engagement Session i mentioned an idea I had which involved a frame. I brought a frame to the engagement session but it wasn't the ideal "type" of frame that would photograph well. Betsy went above and beyond to not only offer to help us find a frame (granted we were lucky and found a large antique frame for $75!) she also extended a mini-session at a later date to help us capture our vision. I LOVED that she valued my creativity and was soooo accommodating. My fiancé (at the time) would joke after we met up with Betsy noting that we talk in the same language and he had no idea what we were talking about because he's more analytical, but was along for the ride. :)

Another benefit, Betsy was SO patient. Given my husband, myself and my family loved her style -- we were nervous about his parents as they are more traditionalists and involved more specific requests when it came to the approval process of the Gallery. After the pictures were taken from our Wedding Day, she worked one-on-one with my Mother in Law to accommodate any revisions she had requested.

RESPONSIVENESS: Betsy was ALWAYS available; there was never a time that we were unable to get a hold of her.

ADDITIONAL NOTES:
    I cannot tell you how many people I know in my personal network that are using Betsy for their upcoming weddings in 2011. I've also received e-mails from old friends from High School inquiring on Betsy's services. I'm a huge advocate and cannot say enough on how appreciative we were with her services.

I could go on and on with feedback and would be more than happy to answer any questions should anyone have any. (kristin.benson@ymail.com)

Megan · Married on 05/23/2010

We could not have asked for a better photographer to capture our wedding day. My husband and I, through my cousin who lives in MN, and who told us about Betsy, decided to fly Betsy out to California to shoot our wedding. We had a blast getting to know her through various emails, phone calls and skype conversations and were even more excited to meet the real person behind the lens the weekend of our wedding.
    She is very organized, accommodating, and really wanted to make sure we were getting what we were hoping for. She never crossed any boundaries and always gave us the final say. Her enthusiasm towards her craft is refreshing.
    The whole day of our wedding was captured brilliantly from the girls getting ready in the early morning to us leaving the reception and heading to our awaiting London taxi. She was on the ground, in on the dance floor, maneuvering around people, doing her thing without being obvious whatsoever. She's so warm and free-spirited that you'll feel like she's a member of your family attending the wedding. Truly!
    Once we got the proofs, we were blown away by the quality. She captures lighting so magnificently and gets really excited about it. No joke, she'll cheer when sun peeks through at certain times! It's great! We have enjoyed going through our wedding pictures (dozens and dozens of times now) and are so beyond thankful that it was she who was there to document it. We do not have enough walls in our house to hang all the pictures we love that Betsy took.
    We would recommend her to anyone, and feel that she is by far a very worthy investment for your wedding. I would say that the only downside is that she lives so far away! For those of you in MN, I say call her right now! She's getting more and more popular. And for good reason!