Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn Reviews

19 Reviews for Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Alexis is absolutely wonderful! My husband and I were pretty lost when it came to wedding planning but Alexis made everything a total breeze. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Colleen · Married on 07/16/2016

Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn comes with my highest recommendations for an affordable wedding reception venue! Cathy, the catering manager, was exceptional and made the reception planning process easy and delightful. She handled all the details efficiently, including placing baby's breath around the cake centerpieces the day before our event. The food was top-notch. We chose the Grand Buffet and my guests remarked that the Chicken Giselle and Marinated Braised Sirloin was extremely moist and flavorful - the best they had eaten! Hats off to our chef! We're so grateful for the staff at Nicollet Inn who made our reception a beautiful success.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Such a great venue! Everyone was so helpful and all aspects of the day went perfectly!!

Sent on 01/29/2016

Jill · Married on 04/11/2015

Barb was amazing to work with. Was quick to respond to my emails and answered all my questions. She was like my wedding planner! They also work with Midwest Sound DJ Company so I didn't have to search for one. And our DJ was wonderful. Everything went so smooth on our wedding day. People kept telling us how delicious the food was and how they went up for seconds. Highly recommend this place and ask to work with Barb! :)

Sent on 07/01/2015

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/22/2014

I can not express how wonderful it was to work with Barb at the Nicollet Inn. From day one she helped me plan every detail and went out of her way to ensure everything went off without a hitch. But the great service doesn't end with Barb, the entire hotel staff goes above and beyond to make sure your stay with them is like no other. We had everything, including the rehearsal, the groom's dinner, the ceremony, and the reception, at the hotel. Talk about all-inclusive. The bride and groom even get a suite as part of the wedding package. I could go on for days about every detail but you get the idea. Give Barb a call, you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 08/27/2014

The staff was amazing! Barb, the catering manager, was wonderful and so easy to work with. We had originally booked it for June but after a family tragedy we wanted to move it up to Dec. They were so flexible and worked with us to accommodate our needs. Fabulous venue!

Sent on 01/13/2014

We had our dinner reception/dance at the hotel. It worked out well!
    It was way more affordable then other places in the area & out of town guests could stay at the hotel which was great! We got a comped room the day before the wedding and wedding night which worked out wonderfully.
    Lots of people commented on the food and said it was great food! So I'd say this place did a good job!
    Everyone left happy!
    Thanks!

Sent on 06/26/2012

Leanne · Married on 04/14/2012

We are so glad we chose the Best Western for our wedding reception! Barb was top-notch- very flexible, fun to work with, and provided lots of helpful suggestions. The value for the food was amazing- very big portions and nice presentation. The staff was all extremely friendly and accommodating. They bent over backwards to make everything just the way we wanted it. We had a very large group and they did a fantastic job making it all flow flawlessly. There is nothing that could have been better.

Sent on 05/03/2012

Laura · Married on 12/02/2011

Barb and her staff did a wonderful job! My son and his wife wanted a simple yet elegant reception and that is exactly what they got. Barb was very helpful in the planning of the menu, set-up, decorations, and hotel rooms.She also was flexible in the food/beverage minimum because it was a smaller reception (70 guests). The food was great! Bar service was excellant! All the staff were professional yet friendly. The room set-up was really nice. I can't think of anything we would have done differently! I would definitely recommend the Nicollett Inn to anyone looking for a venue for thier wedding reception.

Sent on 02/09/2012

Rebecca · Married on 08/27/2011

I loved what the Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn did for me!! They made my family feel welcomed, the food was great, and the staff was so sweet and helpful!

Sent on 02/07/2012

Dina · Married on 08/12/2011

I cannot say enough great things about Barb and the exceptional service from everyone at the Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn! She came through on everything for us! She was so flexible and patient with us. We had an AMAZING wedding, and I owe it all to her and the wonderful staff! It was a perfect place for a perfect wedding reception!

Sent on 02/10/2012

Susan · Married on 07/23/2011

This venue was able to help with the very little detail to spice up my reception. I was so happy to see the room come together on my special day. Another added feature was the following day we were able to have a gift opening and the day before the wedding we were able to have a grooms dinner at the restaurant on site. It was easy for everyone. I would 200% recommend this location for all your needs.

Krissy · Married on 06/18/2011

Holy amazing wedding at Best Western Premiere! We were the luckiest couple in that we were the first wedding where all the renovations and updates were nearly completed and we essentially had a brand new hotel. It was so beautiful, well organized, well run, highly professional, amazing food, great staff, just an all around great place to have our wedding. Barb and Nate were so accommodating and made sure all our requests were taken care of, and that everything went as best planned! There were no serious hiccups besides a last minute dinner place to set which the hotel graciously took care of. The food was great, the place was beautiful, the hotel was flexible, it was perfect. :)

Julie · Married on 09/10/2011

Working with Barb Spencer and Nathan at the Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn was very delightful. They were both so friendly and helpfull in every way. I would highly recommend your wedding or event at this hotel. The food was fantastic and the staff was top notch!

Sent on 03/12/2012

Jenna Babb · Married on 06/22/2018

Great place, great price!

Our entire wedding was at this site, and Alexis was great to work with! The food is AMAZING (our guests still rave about it to this day!), the fact that it’s a hotel with a ballroom is great for out-of-town guests, and Alexis makes sure everything goes super smoothly! We had a few issues with communication along the way, but overall it was a great experience.

Sent on 02/10/2019

Staci · Married on 12/02/2011

I had a very small wedding and they were very wonderful about working with me to make the space affordable for me based on what I needed, since much of it was well below their minimum limits cost-wise. They were accommodating about their menu, services, and overall wedding experience. We even got a free room the night of our wedding on location.
    I always got replies to any questions I had, and they were very upfront about providing me with information I may not have known to ask for.

Sent on 02/04/2012

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2011

I would definitely recommend the Best Western/Nicollet Inn to anyone looking for an affordable reception venue south of the river. I really shopped around before booking and was unable to find a venue that was as nice and still affordable.

Barb was great to work with during the planning. Our reception turned out just as we wanted it. We had many compliments from our guests on the food and service. One of our guests had an allergy to nuts and didn't realize there were nuts in the food. Their server quickly talked to the kitchen and a new dish was brought out for her right away.

Cindy · Married on 03/08/2019

Great experience

Alexis was great help and quick to respond. I was happy with the venue.

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor B · Getting married on 05/02/2022

1.0

Inexperienced staff combined with poor management

I want to start this off by saying I have never written a review online, for anything, anywhere in my entire life but I feel compelled to write this after the complete lack of respect we had at our wedding reception at Best Western Premier Nicollet Inn. We choose this location and we could not have regretted our decision more. Upon check in, we quickly realized that the hotel had double booked our reception night with a Fergus Falls hockey team that was 30+ members strong. We shared bathrooms, could see each other, and were even within talking distance the entire evening. On top of this, Best Western employed a plain clothed security guard from a third-party vendor (not associated with Best Western) by the name of Tom, who single handedly was able to play judge, jury, and executioner of our wedding reception. Eventually, at around 10pm, the rowdy Fergus Falls hockey attempted to crash our reception and the groom and bride’s father then had to remove the hockey team themselves, and had to remind Tom to do his job of keeping other members of the hotel out. Tom became irate; bullying the wedding party, threatening to call the cops and kick out the bride and groom. It was at this point that the bartender, Bethany, started to cut off other members of the bride and grooms’ family, essentially cutting the entire reception off 3 hours early. No managers, no assistant managers, nobody we could talk to other than Tom and Bethany. We felt so trapped and helpless in this situation and it was truly heartbreaking. Upon speaking with Michael Goodman, the GM, he managed to only speak with Tom and Bethany, and didn’t reach out to any of the party members. We were not only disrespected by the security guard, but also management. We are disappointed that we will never get this happy moment back, and would not recommend this location to anyone.

Sent on 03/16/2020