Best Western PREMIER Bridgewood Resort Hotel and Conference Center Reviews

43 | Neenah, WI

43 Reviews for Best Western PREMIER Bridgewood Resort Hotel and Conference Center

Katie · Married on 09/01/2012

We had our Rehearsal, Ceremony, Reception and gift opening at Bridgewood Resort. It was important for us to have everything in one spot because 3/4 of our guests were coming from out of town. This place books up fast but it was worth the wait(We booked two years a head of time and were able to get the date we wanted)! Shelley is phenomenal and goes way out of her way! I sent her numerous e-mails and she would always get back to me promptly. Shelley stayed with us during the Rehearsal and made sure we kept everything on track. We decided to do the pizza buffet for rehearsal and we thought it would be a couple of frozen pizzas to be honest, but it was AMAZING! They had desert bars, chamange, salads and gourmet pizzas. I was a bride that paid attention to every little detail and I have never met someone more organized than myself and that paid attention to the little details like Shelley does. What I recommend to other brides is to wait until the food tasting to go over all of your questions. I tried to e-mail her as little as possible because I know she is a very busy lady, she was very nice and took the time to answer all of our questions anyway. She reviewed everything with us multiple times to make sure everything was correct. I never once felt uneasy or nervous about anything. Shelley made sure that I had a hotel room ready for me early so I could get ready before the ceremony. I honestly spent two hours before the ceremony stuck up in my hotel room with my wedding dress on. I wasn't even nervous because I knew Shelley could coordinate everything. There were a few hiccups with our vendors and Shelley called them multiple times to make sure they weren't lost and got there before the ceremony and reception started. I had chair covers and a ton of decorations they had a ton of staff to put together my reception hall creation and it came out perfectly! This place is a class act! I recommend this place to every bride!

Sent on 09/05/2012

Jamie · Married on 11/12/2011

Shelley and the staff at the Bridgewood were unbelievable for our November wedding. She made sure every detail was taken care of and helped the night go off seamlessly. Our guests LOVED the accommodations and food. They book very quickly so be sure to get your wedding date in early, but it is definitely worth the wait. We would highly recommend the Bridgewood to anyone for an upcoming wedding!

Sent on 12/09/2011

KRISTEN · Married on 09/02/2011

Although our wedding was supposed to be at Bridgewood, due to weather circumstances our dinner and reception had to be moved just hours prior to our Wedding Day beginning. Shelley was WONDERFUL! She was with us from the very beginning of the planning stages through to the dance on our wedding night (even though the reception and dance were not even at Bridgewood). I wish I could have had my wedding at Bridgewood, but even just having the support of Shelley and all of the staff from Bridgewood made our Wedding Day just as spectacular!

Sent on 11/17/2011

Jennifer · Married on 04/23/2011

Great place to have your wedding and reception. Food was amazing! Service was great! Beautiful hotel and golf course!

Sent on 05/17/2011
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 01/08/2010

We recently had our wedding at the Bridgewood and would definitely recommend it to anyone! The event coordinator was amazing and did so much to help us. We really didn't have to worry about anything because she and the staff took care of everything including decorating for the ceremony and the reception. We choose a buffet and it was a very extravagant set-up-- definitely not the typical buffet you would expect at a wedding (and the food was delicious and unique!) Also if you decide to set your date for a Friday night (which is what we did) you get many incentives, like a complimentary room for the parents of the bride/groom, and a complimentary fireplace/whirlpool suite for the bride and groom. We received so many compliments from our guests and I am so glad we picked this as our venue. It does book fast, so I recommend seeing it for yourself sooner rather than later!

Sent on 01/26/2010

Cymone · Married on 12/31/2017

Bridgewood along with Myranda & the rest of the team were amazing. Everyone enjoyed our wedding venue, the food, and the service. Myranda was beyond amazing in helping us plan our wedding, and she made sure every detail went perfectly. I could not have picked a better place to have our ceremony and reception.

Sent on 02/13/2018

Best Western PREMIER Bridgewood Resort Hotel and Conference Center's reply:

Thank you Cymone, it was my pleasure!

Congratulations!

-Myranda Meyer
    Wedding and Event Coordinator

Sadie · Married on 05/24/2015

Wonderful staff and great food!

Sent on 07/14/2015
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 06/05/2011

My husband I just had our ceremony and reception at Bridgewood and are very happy we did. Shelley is a great event coordinator, and was very responsive to my zillion questions and emails. Because of Shelley, I didn't have too much to stress about! The food was great, the entire staff (especially Brian who took over as point person in the evening) wonderful, and the entire facility is incredibly gorgeous!!

The one and only negative was the overall cost once the 18% gratuity and 5% tax get added in there, it can get quite steep! All in all, it was worth it and wouldn't change it for the world!

Sent on 06/14/2011
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/24/2007

We found Bridgewood after we had already booked another reception site on a different date. It was exactly what I had imagined for my ceremony and reception, so I changed the wedding to a Friday (the ONLY day they had left in the summer of 2007, and I called over 1 year ahead) and risked losing the deposit I had put down at the other place (though I did eventually get it back when they rebooked it). When I got engaged, I knew I wanted to have an outdoor ceremony at the same place as the reception, in a ballroom that exits onto a patio/terrace, and have an attached hotel so my guests could just have fun and wouldn't have to travel from ceremony to reception or back to their hotels afterward. When I found Bridgewood, I knew it was perfect...I couldn't have designed it better myself! There is a large ballroom with two sets of french doors that exit onto a stone, 2-level patio, overlooking a golf course (also part of the resort), and this conference center is attached to a beautiful hotel. An added bonus was the "Main Street Plaza", which is the corridor that separates the ballroom from the restrooms. It looks like an old-fashioned street, with cobblestone flooring, skylights, and quaint shopfront windows. As it turned out, the weather didn't allow us to have the ceremony outside, and rather than moving it into the ballroom (which I wasn't crazy about), we were able to have it in Main Street Plaza. It was really unique and though I didn't notice at the time, several people commented to me later that just as we were saying our vows, the clouds let up and sun came pouring in through the skylights. The people we worked with were great. Stella was the event coordinator, and she really helped me get things in order, bringing up things that I never would have thought of. She was really good about returning my calls and made sure everything ran smoothly on the wedding day. Shelly, the banquet manager, was also fantastic. She was very accommodating and easy to work with. She wanted things to be perfect as much as I did! There was spill at one of the tables before dinner, and she and her staff got the table flipped and reset in just minutes! She also got a more handicapped-accessible chair for one of my aunts. I was very impressed with Shelly and the entire banquet staff! The food was also wonderful! Bridgewood has a chef on staff, and though I didn't actually meet him, I can vouch for his work. We got alot of compliments on the food. It was delicious AND the portions were large enough that people didn't leave the table hungry. I didn't get to try the hors d'oeuvres (too busy with pictures), but my guests said they were really great. I also worked with Barb, the hotel desk manager, to set up and manage a room block for my guests. She was very helpful and responded fairly quickly to my emails. The couple times she didn't respond right away, she had just gotten back from vacation and there was a major convention (EAA Fly-In) in town, so the slightly slower response was understandable. We were extremely happy with Bridgewood, and wood HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking to get married in the Fox Valley! I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to have the wedding, and it was extremely convenient to have everything all in one place...our guests really appreciated that! It's also really easy to get to (off of Hwy. 41) and shopping and other attractions are easy to get to with Appleton and Oshkosh so nearby. Bridgewood was great, just make sure you book early, because the weekends fill up a year or more in advance!

Sent on 11/19/2007

Sua · Married on 10/08/2010

3.5

We had a Friday night wedding at Bridgewood and it went close to perfect! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and everything I dreamed for my big day. We went back and forth on food for a long time between plated and buffet. We ended up choosing buffet and are so glad we did. You get so much more to choose from and the food turned out amazing!!! Lots of compliments from guests on venue and food. Shelley the coordinator was very responsive and great to work with. She did a great job listening to our needs and made sure the day went smoothly. She is a great coordinator and knows what she is doing. With the exception of a few glitches along the way the day went well. We had both our ceremony and reception there. I would highly recommend having your event there and working with Shelley.

Glitches:

1. They seem to over book and squeeze in as many events in as they can. They had people in our ballroom the day of the ceremony (ours took place in the evening) and also the night before when we wanted to do rehearsal. Luckily Shelley was available to walk us through the rehearsal but when I called to schedule it she had a hard time finding an hour slot to fit us in. I was very nervous about that!!! I was also nervous about the event that took place before our wedding because they did not have a formal stop time in place but it worked out in the end.

2. We chose Bridgewood not only because it was beautiful, we chose it because we wanted to have a place where our out of town guests could stay as over half of our guests were from out of town. When I booked the venue I made sure to tell them that I needed more than one block of rooms reserved if not 2 or 3 more as I knew there would be a lot of guests coming. They reassured me they would set aside ONE block and I should not have a problem getting more rooms for my guests. Three months after I booked the venue I got a phone call saying that the hotel was practically booked for that day for other events outside of my wedding and the block that was reserved for me got booked. There were only a handful of rooms left and I was furious because my fiance and I were planning to stay there and all of my family members so that was a handful of rooms right there. I was furious!! So everyone who was attending the wedding had to find somewhere outside of the resort to stay?! I left messages for the front end manager demanding that at least a full block open up. It took over a week for her to get back to me and several days after that for them to figure out how to honor 15 rooms for us. We had to call the hotel down the street and have a block reserved for other guests to stay there. I kept telling all of our guests to keep calling in case other rooms opened up, and eventutally enough opened up due to other cancellations where the majority of our guests stayed at Bridgewood so it worked out in the end. I think 8 rooms were booked down the street so not too bad but what a headache!

3. I talked with Shelley months before our event about extending our reception until 1AM since we had a lot of out of town guests and many of them we have not seen in a long time. She said it was perfectly fine as long as our DJ was ok with it so I made arrangements with our DJ and he was perfectly happy to do so for an extra fee. I had Shelley put the stop time of 1AM on our contract. When the day came, Shelley left sometime before dinner, which made me nervous but she assured me she had someone qualified to take over. At midnight, we had 75% of our guests left and no one was out of control drunk. Everyone who was left wanted to stay longer so we make the decision to go on with the extra hour. The lady who took over would not let us stay the extra hour, even though it was on the contract. She made them turn on the lights and would not go get the contract and said she refused to let us stay because it was not communicated to her. We were very, very upset but there was nothing we could do. We spent a LOT of money there for our wedding and it makes me very upset that they did not honor what was in the contract.

Sent on 10/23/2010

Jessica · Married on 10/31/2009

The bridgewood was absolutely beautiful. We had a few minor complaints, they was a lot of confusion about our cake cutting, and after the first hr of being there we were kinda annoyed by being asked 5-7 times when we were going to do it, over and over again. The food was alright, def not the same thing we had during tasting, we did end up shorted two meals that got served as everyone else was done dining, we had a few minor power surges during our dance. I guess the only biggest complaint we and our in laws had was they charged us for our tasting. a whopping $85.00 and didnt tell us until we "sampled" everything. We kinda just picked at the food and didnt finish anything and got to the end and were handed the bill.. Minus grautity since the banquet manager served it. Other then that the place was beautiful, and we recieved a complimentary room for us and our parents.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Heather · Married on 10/13/2007

3.0

The Bridgewood REsort is the most beautiful and elegant place to have a wedding in the Fox Cities area. It is unique and provides high quality catering. The wedding planner there takes care of every minute detail and she was always available for changes and last minute questions. The price for the reception hall was a little on the high side. It cost about 5000$ for rental and then you have to buy alcohol through them. I also had to wait 6 months to see if I got that hall because it also is a confrence center, so that was a little scary. Although, once we were booked with them, they made sure everything went ultra smooth and I didnt have to worry about anything on my wedding day. They also have a min indoor water park, full free continental breakfast and very nice accomodations.

Sent on 02/24/2008

Rachael · Married on 12/29/2012

The location was so beautiful. The ballroom looked great and we got so many compliments on the food. Our wedding planner was sick the day of the event and the replacement made a few boo-boos on forgetting some of the things we had listed on our contract which was disapointing for our big day, but up until then the staff was accommodating, professional, and easy to work with.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Rusti · Married on 05/20/2011

4.2

Maybe I'm just being too picky, but things were just OK here. They missed a few things; our napkin color was wrong, didn't serve the kids a fruit cup with their dinner, didn't serve our photographer dinner (which I had specifically planned for), lost some of our glassware, wouldn’t accommodate a guest's request to switch meals due to dietary changes (even though there were no-shows). The food was just ok, it wasn't anything I was super proud of. It wasn't bad, but I don't think any of our guests will say anything extraordinary about the meals. There was also another banquet going on in the same area. Not that it wouldn’t have been ok, but I wish they would have mentioned it to us. Overall ok, I think my standards may have just been too high.

Sent on 06/07/2011

sarah · Married on 09/15/2006

4.2
      3.5

They were so easy to work with and just had to drop off party favors and place cards they took care of it all.

Sent on 07/30/2008

Kaylin · Married on 09/27/2008

3.5

The wedding coordinator is enthusiastic and fun to work with. I wish we could have been more in touch during the reception. Food was good and planning was professional, but there could have been better communication during the event. For example, how was I to find someone to dim the lights during the dance. I was extremely disappointed that they used literally 1/8 of the cake I had to serve guests and the slices were super small so people didn't get enough and I went home with a ton of cake because none of the caterers informed me there were so many extras or asked if I wanted to serve more (yes!). There were a lot of details to take care of at my wedding. Most, not all, were successful with this vendor. But overall it is a beautiful place and I think everyone liked it and was impressed.

Sent on 04/01/2009

Tina · Married on 09/02/2005

3.0

We did both the reception and the rehersal dinner with them, and their waitstaff was exceptional. I had a great time with the wedding cordinator, she was very responsive to all my crazy emails and concerns. The food was so/so, but the room was beautiful, THEY did a great job of decorating for me. They cut the cake way too early, never brought out the top to display my cake topper, and cut the peices too small, I had a ton of cake left over....I think that is my only complaint!

Sent on 07/18/2008
  • Arthie

Cynthia · Married on 10/01/2016

2.2
      2.0
      1.5

I went to a wedding at the Bridgewood and loved it! When it was time for my wedding my DH and I wanted a place where everything was at one location. We went and met with Shelley who is/was amazing. She ended up leaving the Bridgewood a few months before our wedding and we met with the new Event Planner. The new planner was not nearly as flexible or understanding as Shelley and actually changed quite a few things that Shelley said was possible. And that were done at the wedding I went to the year before.

Because we were so concerned about the new planner we went a week before the wedding and met with her to make sure we were all on the same page. My DH and I left feeling a lot better about Miranda (the new planner)

On the Day of however she did not execute what we had wanted and were left with things not as we wanted them. IE: the bar and appetizers were not set up in the correct area. While trying to get all of this settled and fixed, a bartender was charging our guests for drinks. We had OPEN bar. When my DH asked about it, he was called a swear name by the bartender.

There were many other issues that weekend. Three people did not get their meals. And we only had 80 guests. I feel as if Shelley had still been there, most of this would not have happened.

We did talk to the GM after the event and he smoothed some things over with us, however it took over a week of us calling to get a call back. If I could re-do this I would for sure be going to a different venue. They need to work on their communication and staffing. We had issues from the minute we tried checking in to when we checked out. It was a lot of stress that did not need to happen.

Sent on 11/03/2016