Bert's Bakery Reviews

Bert's Bakery 3
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/14/2019

Long time customer

I have had berts bakery cakes since I was 8 years old so 21 years later naturally I would have them for my wedding cake amy is so wonderful to work with

Sent on 09/15/2019

Amber · Married on 09/08/2018

Bert’s bakery did our wedding cake for us and it turned out beautiful. The cake was stunning and our guests loved it! We went with none traditional flavors: red velvet with raspberries and cream cheese filling, cherry cake with cherries and cream cheese filling, and funfetti cake with cream cheese filling. The entire cake got devoured and the guests can not stop talking about how good it was. Perfect choice for our wedding cake.

Sent on 09/13/2018
    Bert's Bakery 4
    Bert's Bakery 5

Tiffany · Married on 07/23/2017

Amy was so nice and made my fiance & i feel comfortable and secure about our wedding. She does amazing work and i cant wait for her to do our wedding cake. The samples were delicious & moist as well!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Bert's Bakery's reply:

Thanks so much for seeing that I give 150% to my Brides and Grooms. I look forward to working with you and creating an amazing wedding cake.

Nancy · Married on 07/16/2017

Berts Bakery made my daughter's wedding cake. It was as delicious as it was beautiful!! Guests are still texting and calling about it. The staff was always friendly and helpful!! Wonderful experience! Definitely recommend!! Great job! Thank you to everyone at Bert's for helping to make Sam's wedding day perfect!!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Sara · Married on 06/24/2017

We decided to do a mixed dessert bar last minute (week before the wedding) and Amy was very accommodating and great to work with. The assortment and display she set up looked amazing! And it all tasted amazing too!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Claudia · Married on 12/30/2016

Amy is amazing--literally amazing. After dealing with some troublesome vendors (and very stale cake), Amy was a breath of fresh air that made our wedding amazing. I wish I could attach pictures to this review. Wonderful experience--she made me feel like I was the only bride in the world (unlike another bakery, that made me feel like an afterthought). THANK YOU. You made our day!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Bert's Bakery's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review our Bakery. I appreciate the feed back and Thank you for choosing Bert's Bakery to be apart of your special day.
  • Sarah195

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

Amy was so wonderful to work with. When we had our initial meeting to go over what we wanted for our cake we had mentioned that we were expecting and that we planned to do our gender reveal later that day with a box of balloons. She then asked if we would like some cupcakes that would have either pink or blue frosting in the middle. So we agreed and gave her the envelope with the gender of our baby and she made up some cupcakes and gave them to us for free! It was such a nice surprise. Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious and we received so many compliments on it. It looked better than the inspiration picture we gave Amy. We highly recommend this bakery and will be using them again in the future for other events.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Bert's Bakery's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. I wish you many years of happiness and enjoy that sweet baby.

Shannon · Married on 09/24/2016

We couldn't be happier with our wedding cake from Bert's Bakery. It not only looked beautiful, but tasted great too! We went with the chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, yellow cake with raspberry preserves, and yellow cake with lemon preserves and buttercream. All of them were delicious and we received lots of compliments from our guests. Amy was a pleasure to work with throughout the process. She was responsive, offered ideas, and even offered us suggestions on vendors for other things because we were from out of town. She also squeezed us in for an appointment in the middle of doing a ton of cakes, which was really nice of her. We also ordered a german chocolate cake for our rehearsal dinner. It was AWESOME. My grandma is still talking about how great it was. Overall, this was a great experience and I'd definitely recommend this bakery to anyone.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Bert's Bakery's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was my pleasure to be apart of your special day. Wishing you many years of happiness.

Lisa · Married on 09/17/2016

We were planning a wedding from 1500 miles away, and in one of our few trips up to Michigan we scheduled cake appointments with three vendors. From the moment we tried the samples of the red velvet cake and carrot cake Amy brought out, we knew we had found the one, a cake that was both flavorful and moist! Amy talked us through everything, and it was clear in listening to her that she has a passion for this job and takes great pride in everything she does.

Everything tasted and sounded so good, and we could not decide what flavors to go with… so we made each layer different! We shipped our cake topper from Amazon direct to Amy, and everything showed up looking perfect on the wedding day. After the cake cutting, the slices of cake quickly disappeared, with the final few remaining slices making their way out in to-go containers for a midnight snack.

We did not save the top layer of our wedding cake, but we definitely plan on making it back to Bert’s Bakery for our one year anniversary to get a fresh slice of red velvet cake! We highly recommend Bert’s Bakery!

-Tim and Lisa

Sent on 11/08/2016

Anonymous · Married on 06/18/2016

Amy at Bert's Bakery was wonderful to work with! We desired to have cheesecake that looked like a wedding cake and she delivered. It was delicious and beautiful at the wedding and tasted just as good a year later when we ate the top cake!

Sent on 07/09/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/11/2016

Beautiful cake and tasted amazing! It was exactly what I wanted and everyone said it was so pretty! After our meeting, I had nothing to worry about with Bert's...she took care of everything and the cake was where it should be for the big day! Thanks, Bert's!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Samantha · Married on 05/07/2016

Bert's Bakery is always the best. Amy was awesome through the whole process, even from across the country. She made our absolute dreams come true and made our cake more amazing than we ever could have imagined. We received constant compliments from guests all night long, and days later. A close friend of mine who has traveled the world, and has tried cake in many different places, said this was by far her absolute favorite. I could not have asked for more! (the almond poppyseed cake is the best!!)

Sent on 05/17/2016

Colleen · Married on 10/31/2015

Wow!!! We requested a very unique wedding cake: a french wedding cake called a croquembouche. We searched and searched to find a bakery that would make it for us and found it with Bert's! We picked it up from the bakery on Friday and it was still perfect on Saturday night. This cake is made of cream puffs. My husband and I plucked cream puffs from the top and fed each other as our cake cutting ceremony. It was just how we imagined and even more delicious!! THANK YOU, BERT'S!!!!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Kimberly · Married on 10/16/2015

Berts was amazing! the staff is super friendly and caring. The cake is amazing, and the service was top notch

Sent on 06/20/2016

Andrea · Married on 10/09/2015

I can't say enough about Amy and her staff at Bert's Bakery. They are a bunch of phenomenal ladies. I hired her to do our wedding cake on October 09th, 2015 and it was beautiful! The Cake was perfect. She is well worth the money and puts her heart into everything she does. She also provides A++ Customer service. If Doing a cake is not your thing for your wedding and you are interested in cupcakes, those are out of this world as well. I go in there and buy them all of the time. I am a frequent customer at Bert's bakery and as far as I am concerned it is the only bakery I will use.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Berts has the BEST cake in town. We use them for every major event.

Sent on 09/13/2015

Allison · Married on 07/25/2015

Amy is extremely flexible and definitely knows what she is doing! I showed her examples of cakes that I liked and she was able to combine a few different ideas and create my dream wedding cake!! All of my guests loved it and the fresh flowers were beautifully placed on the cake!!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Jaclyn · Married on 07/18/2015

Our cake was beautiful and made just the way we wanted! Everyone enjoyed the taste of the cake as well, which is the most important part. We had an outdoor wedding and we were worried about the cake melting but Amy, the owner, knows exactly what she's doing and was able to freeze/deliver the cake accordingly so that it didn't melt and was perfectly ready for eating when the time came! You definitely get what you pay for: a great cake and peace of mind!

Sent on 07/22/2015

My wedding cake and grooms cake were AMAZING! I gave her my dream of a cake and she executed it! I literally was so shocked at how amazing it was!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/20/2015

Absolutely Amazing! She has several options for whatever you choose to have for your dessert at your wedding. I had a 'naked cake' which is a stacked cake without the frosting covering it, and it was decorated with fresh fruit. Our flavor was Almond Poppy, which I HIGHLY recommend to everyone. My reception venue said they have never seen the entire cake be eaten at a reception before my wedding. Every single piece was gone, it was so delicious!

Sent on 12/06/2015

Jamie · Married on 05/24/2015

Let me just tell you how fabulous Bert's Bakery was to work with for my May 2015 wedding! I can't say enough good things about Amy and her desserts! When my husband Ben and I set up cake testing appointments around town we were a little disappointed by how disinterested most bakeries seemed when it came to talking to us about our wedding and what ideas we had about our cake. Then we came to Bert's Bakery and were pleasantly surprised by an amazing experience! Amy sat down with us for nearly an hour. She wanted to get to know Ben and I as a couple and really took interest what constituted our dream wedding cake! She let us sample a slice of her almond poppyseed cake and then sent us home with a multi-sectioned cake so that we could try many of her other popular flavors. The cake was moist and delicious and the frosting was the perfect texture and sweetness. Everything about it was fantastic! We fell in love with the almond poppyseed and ultimately went with that flavor and absolutely no one was disappointed! It was incredible! And to top it all off Amy made us a beautiful spread of individual serving desserts for our rehearsal dinner which were out of this world! People could not believe how delicious everything was and everyone wanted to know where our desserts came from which we gladly shared! Amy was incredibly professional, knowledgable, helpful and kind. I would recommend Amy and Bert's bakery to any bride and groom looking for something special on their wedding day! Amy knows how special this time is for couples and makes sure you have a wonderful experience! You won't regret it... I promise! Amy, thank you so very much from Ben and I for everything you did to make our wedding extra special! We will be forever grateful for the time you spent baking our desserts and creating the perfect cake!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Charity · Married on 11/21/2014

So many compliments on our cake. A guest at our wedding even posted a pic on Facebook, with a caption "best wedding cake ever". They did an amazing job and the cake was so tasty!!

Sent on 11/26/2014

Kyleigh · Married on 11/01/2014

If you want a cake that tastes amazing, Bert's Bakery is the place to go. My husband and I are not into fancy, frilly, gross wedding food, that includes our cake. We didn't care what it looked like, as long as it tasted great. Luckily, Amy was able to provide a beautiful cake that I wish I would have been able to eat more of because it tasted so good. I moved away from the Kalamazoo area a couple of months before the wedding, but Amy was still able to get everything accomplished without seeing each other for over two months before the wedding. She was really easy to work with. We loved that when we did our cake tasting, we were given a "small" sample cake of four flavors. I would highly recommend Bert's Bakery. Her pricing is very reasonable. You will not regret it.

Sent on 12/11/2014

Jacqulene · Married on 10/31/2014

Our cake was everything we could have hoped for. It was unique, beautiful, DELICIOUS and didn't stain our teeth! We went in wanting a black and purple cake, only to discover that we would be walking around with black and purple mouths if we did that. Amy helped us get the best of both worlds. The flavor options are incredible, and everything tasted great.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Debra · Married on 09/06/2014

Amy did a great job with the cake at my daughter's wedding. After talking with my daughter she drew up a picture of what my daughter wanted the cake to look like. When it arrived at the wedding it was exactly what she had wanted. Swiss dots and lace to go with the wedding décor. Her flavors are amazing. The red velvet and almond poppy seed layers were guest favorites. She even made up a side cake so my daughter could use the cake topper that has been in the family for 66 years. Delivery was on time and the cake held up wonderfully at the outdoor venue.

Sent on 09/10/2014