Bennie Ferrell Catering Reviews

7 | Houston, TX

7 Reviews for Bennie Ferrell Catering

I was referred to Bennie Ferrell Catering by my wedding coordinator. She uses them a lot. The reception was beautiful. The food was excellant and I got so many good comments from my family and friends.
    I highly recommend Bennie Ferrell Catering

Sent on 01/17/2014

I was very pleased with Bennie Ferrell Catering. The food, attention to detail along with their spectacular presentation made my wedding so very enjoyable.

Sent on 01/09/2014

3.0
      2.5

Staff on wedding day were heard during our ceremony. Completely unprofessional. The food was cold and not worth the money we paid for it. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid.

Sent on 03/28/2012

Erica · Married on 05/30/2009

2.2
      2.5
      3.5
      2.0

I was completely disappointed with Bennie Ferrell. They seem really easy to communicate with and are accomodating at first. But then once they have your money, everything changes. The last few months before the wedding it was impossible to get a returned phone call. And I was put off when I asked to taste a menu item, prior to serving it to 180 guests. I would not recommend this catering company for any event.

Sent on 08/31/2009

Emma · Married on 11/27/2009

1.6
      2.0

DO NOT use this catering company. This is the ONLY thing I would change about our wedding.

1) As previously mentioned, they are excellent at seeming interested. When we went to our appointments we should have clicked because twice they were having computer problems and twice we were in the office for over two hours making small talk.
    2) I had a very organized planner. She made sure every vendor had every floor plan, memo, time line, phone number known to man. Yet, Rene Ferrell's sister showed up on the day, and did not have a clue how the venue was being set up at all. A poor attitude added fuel to the fire.
    3) During the ceremony our guests could here the catering staff laughing and giggling. Three separate guests told them to hush and they did not. I was livid when I found out.
    4) The food was cold and really not what it was built up to be. In fact, my parents said they expected more from a company who's been in business for 50 years.
    5) The next day, the left over food was collected and brought to our home for guests to eat. It was inedible and honestly, we even questioned if it had been refrigerated over night.
    6) The food, is irreplaceable, and I know that but I thought it appropriate to mention the rudeness of her staff so I wrote an email shortly after I found out about it. This was the beginning of December and I have not heard anything back.

Don't be fooled by the professional front. How they've made it this long..I have no idea.

Sent on 01/06/2010

Taryn · Married on 12/02/2017

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

I used Bennie Ferrell Catering for my wedding and I am beyond disappointed with Ms.Renee work ethic and in professionalism. Out of all my vendors she was the only one so unorganized, no idea what was going on leading up to the wedding and was always running late. Her main concern was receiving a pay check. The day of my wedding, she volunteered to take the top tier layer cake back to ensure it was kept safe. My wedding coordinator contacted her multiple times to retrieve the cake and Ms. Renee informed her that she threw it away because it was “getting in her way.” Not only was I furious after hearing that, but I reached out to Ms.Renee myself and have not heard anything from her, not even an apology. Super unprofessional and will never use her or her company again.

Sent on 02/04/2018

Shonta · Married on 11/18/2017

0.8
      0.5
      1.0

PLEASE EXERCISE CAUTION, USE THEM AT YOUR OWN DESCRETION!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!! We attended the fabulous Dîner En Blanc, Houston on 11/18/2017 and decided to select the catering option for our food. This was supposed to be the "worry free/convenient" option. WE WERE WRONG!! The "food" arrived 2 hours late. We ordered the $90.00 steak and shrimp via the e-store, week's in advance. When we FINALLY received it, IT WAS COLD, I mean ICE cold and the portion wasn't enough to feed an infant child. They carried the food in small totes (the ones you carry shoes in) from Walmart. It was just plain AWFUL!! We are demanding a refund.

I guess beef people were lucky because the The folks who ordered the $70.00 chicken, BENNIE FERRELL NEVER DELIVERED IT!! They were given a fat, "Oh, well, you're not getting your food!" How do you NOT provide chicken when SEVERAL people ordered it. They were better off than us if you really think about it. The homeless on our street didn't even want that awful food.

I've been calling these people all morning to make arrangements for my refund. The host of the event assured us that we would be getting a refund, EVERYONE!!!!

We were told that Bennie Ferrell Catering was reputable. I've never heard of these people being that we came from Killeen, Fort Hood. I do know one thing for sure, we will NEVER used them, and I will assure that we spread the word to NEVER use Bennie Ferrell for any type of event. They don't seem like they are equipped to handle large events such as DEB!!!

Sent on 11/20/2017