Ben Hallissy Photography Reviews

15 | California, MD

15 Reviews for Ben Hallissy Photography

Brittany · Married on 09/24/2016

You will not regret having Ben as your photographer. He was our photographer for our September 24th, 2016 wedding. From the very beginning he was immediately responsive and professional. Even though we lived far away he set up Skype meetings throughout the engagement to discuss photos, style, timeline, etc. He was fun and easy-going the whole day of the wedding. He made us all relax and actually my guests and I often forgot he was there snapping photos. I wanted more candid and artistic photos of my wedding, less of the formal shots. He more than delivered! I am actually going to be spending more money than I care to admit printing and canvasing his photos because all of them have become my favorite. He really did a beautiful job.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Jason · Married on 12/20/2014

Ben Hallissy was terrific and amazing to work with for our engagement photo shoot and our wedding photos! He was really nice and easy to talk with, made us feel at ease while taking pictures, and generally felt like a great friend, not just a great photographer. Would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a good wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/07/2015

M · Married on 11/15/2014

Ben Hallissy is a terrific photographer, and a wonderful person to work with! His photography style is very natural and subtle, and he has a great eye for catching the small interactions amid the chaos of a wedding. We are two very camera-shy (and otherwise shy) people, but connected instantly with Ben, who made us feel completely comfortable - we had a great time during the engagement session. Ben was flexible and patient while wrangling large group shots and individual portraits, and we truly appreciate all of the wonderful memories he captured. We highly recommend Ben - he's awesome!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Lindsey · Married on 11/08/2014

I couldn't have asked for anything more from Ben! He did a fantastic job bringing my husband, also named Ben, and I's thoughts and ideas to fruition with his styling and creativity. He knew what he wanted us to do, how he needed us to do it, and was able to execute each and every posed picture perfectly. We loved that the photos of the ceremony, reception, and just other random moments truly portrayed the spirit of the moment and that is what we loved the most about his photography!!

Sent on 05/07/2015

erik · Married on 06/07/2014

Ben does a wonderful job. His photography package was first class. The engagement photos and the wedding photos were all beautiful.

At the engagement photo shoot, we brought our lovable and goofy yellow lab. Ben was wonderfully patient and took tons of photos so that we could catch the right ones with the dog looking at the camera. Ben even went so far as to bark and howl at us to get the pups attention. His willingness to throw himself out there got our pups attention and captured the perfect pictures.

Ben was just as flexible and wonderful for the wedding. He came to our house to capture pictures of the ladies getting ready. Ben brought a second photographer for the busy parts of the wedding and captured everything perfectly. We were very happy with everything.

I would recommend Ben as a photographer to any couple.

Sent on 09/02/2014

Megan · Married on 11/02/2013

Ben Hallissy did engagement photos and wedding photos, and we could not have been more pleased. He was easy to work with, anxious to get the photos we wanted, and he was creative in his photography. He is professional and talented, and we would highly recommend him to provide beautiful and creative photographs of any event.

Sent on 11/07/2013
  • User3826589 · event on: 09/29/2013

My fiance and I had our engagement pictures done by Ben, and we were nervous since both of us are camera-shy, but Ben really made us feel at ease. I think our engagement photos really capture our personalities and our relationship perfectly, and we have received so many compliments on the quality of the work! He was very professional, yet had a fun personality which made the afternoon very enjoyable.

Sent on 01/17/2014
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/06/2013

Ben Hallissy was the photographer at my older brother's wedding and my own. As a bystander for my brother's wedding, he was laid back, easy going and kept us all laughing. He created such an comfortable atmosphere it really helped to keep everyone in great spirits. While the ceremony was going on, he captured great photos, but was hardly ever seen! In the photos, he seemed to be always right in there, but he wasn't like most photographers that are right in your face. He is somehow behind the scenes, but everywhere all at the same time.

At my wedding, he was absolutely the same. For our engagement photos, he was flexible and came with plenty of ideas. Neither my husband or I had any idea what we were doing and he was patient, working with us to give us exactly the photos we wanted. And he is playful, yet professional, which makes the experience really great. At the wedding, he was perfect! We got some really magic, incredible photos that we will have to cherish for years. And we can say, that not only was my entire family, included extended family impressed, but so was my husbands. Everyone and I mean everyone absolutely loved him. My aunt loved him so much she said that when her kids get married she may even fly him out to Texas to take photos. I highly highly recommend Ben to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 01/09/2014

Katelyn · Married on 09/29/2012

I can't even begin to describe how awesome Ben Hallissy photography is -- Ben was so great at our wedding! He was very easy-going to work with, willing to roll with whatever crazy idea we had, but also able to wrangle the entire wedding party to get all the photos he needed. He was always on time and very reasonably priced. As an added bonus, you get all your photos digitally, so he doesn't force you to buy a photo package, which was a big selling point for us. But most importantly, THE PHOTOS! They're spectacular! We will continue to come back to Ben for future photo sessions.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Allison · Married on 06/23/2012

Ben is an amazing photographer! He is extremely flexible to do whatever pictures you would like. Also, he captures all of the moments of the ceremony, as well as the reception. It feels like you can relive your whole day through his pictures and still feel as if it was yesterday.

Sent on 07/28/2012

Erika · Married on 06/09/2012

Ben was awesome to work with. We found him about a year before our June wedding which gave us enough time to do a fall engagement session. We had to cancel the first shoot because of heat, but Ben was super flexible scheduling the second. And the photos turned out amazingly. I correspond mostly through email and Ben always answered my questions in a timely manner.

As for the day of the wedding, Ben was on time and he stayed the WHOLE day! I definitely wasn't expecting that but he reminded me when we were figuring out scheduling that it was part of my package. There were a variety of shots, portraits, group shots, details, and candids, all were really important to my husband and I and Ben captured all of them.

We received a few sneak peak photos a day or two after the wedding and a whole slew about a week later. The cd takes a bit longer, but that is to be expected. I was very happy with the turnaround time of engagement as well as wedding photos. And Ben was super helpful when I asked about enlarging a photo to a bigger size.

I would definitely recommend Ben (and have to a friend who is thinking about family photos).

Sent on 06/23/2012

Jim and Mandy · Married on 05/05/2012

From the moment we first sat down with Ben, we knew we wanted him to photograph our wedding and it was absolutely the right decision. His photos from both our engagement shoot and wedding turned out beautifully. Ben was incredibly easy to work with, flexible to work with our schedule, and went above and beyond to get us what we wanted. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Lindsey · Married on 10/22/2011

Ben did an absolutely wonderful job photographing our engagement pictures and wedding! A couple of things that make him better than the rest:

1. He will send you a CD of ALL of your photos. You don't have to pay extra to download them. They are yours!
    2. Ben does, however, give you access to a password-protected photo gallery. This is a great feature to share your photos with friends. Friends can also download your photos straight from the gallery. You can order prints from the website and other nice products like enlarged photo canvases.
    3. He doesn't put his logo or watermark all over your photographs. (The only place you'll see them is on his website, but not on your downloadable gallery photos).
    4. You cannot beat his price. This isn't a "you get what you pay for" deal either. You get what you should be paying twice as much for. Talk to him now before he gets wise.
    5. He's a very down-to-earth yet professional guy. His photographs are beautiful. He has a great eye and is not over-the-top artsy. He captures your day.

Best wishes to all the brides!

Sent on 12/22/2011
  • Alan

Alan · Married on 09/17/2011

We found Ben through a referral from a friend. Our friend also had photos taken at a wedding at Montfair Resort Farm and we really liked his photography style. He did our engagement shots a few months before and he was a true professional and a great guy. He is very serious about getting the right kind of photos you are looking for. His price was very reasonable and we couldn't be happier with our photographs. We highly recommend his services.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Kelley · Married on 06/18/2011

Ben was fantastic! It was definitely comforting having a photographer that I had known for years, but the quality completely surpassed what I expected. I had seen so much of his photography, but not much of his wedding photos. But, I had the ultimate trust in him, and he did not disappoint. He was extremely professional and remained in the background, which I really liked. I have experienced a lot of photographers who are up in your face and try to run the show, but Ben was the exact opposite. It was as simple as providing a list of desired photos for the day.

I highly recommend Ben Hallissy. He does everything he can to be flexible and to please the client. The pictures are gorgeous and his prices are fabulous!

Sent on 12/15/2011