DJ Ben Boylan Reviews

DJ Ben Boylan 3
DJ Ben Boylan 4
DJ Ben Boylan 5

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

Ben is a wonderful DJ! He was responsive and helpful prior to the wedding, working with us to put together a great playlist that reflected our unique musical tastes (plenty of Tegan and Sara!). At the wedding, he had everyone dancing all night. We truly could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 09/12/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Amanda, thank you so much for your great review. I loved DJing your and Lana's wedding. Tegan and Sara rule! Best of luck to you, Ben

Peter · Married on 07/21/2018

We didn't give Ben much to go on in terms of music to play, but he still did a fantastic job. All of our guests told us how good the music was...as did the venue staff!

Sent on 08/17/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Peter, thanks so much for your review. You and Camber's wedding was so fun. I loved "Time Warp" and all the other cool songs you guys picked. Great night! Ben

Jackie · Married on 07/07/2018

Ben is Awesome

Ben was an AMAZING DJ! He was so easy to work with and super professional. Most importantly, he knows how to throw a good party. Our dance floor was full the entire night. We had a million and one musical tastes for our Jewish-Dominican-Italian (crazy) wedding and Ben was able to incorporate and play everything from the hora to disco to salsa to 80s hits, to more modern stuff and he kept every single person dancing and entertained and happy. When we were first planning we were nervous because we didn't want a cheesy wedding and knew that a DJ is pretty integral to creating a good vibe- we feel so lucky to have worked with Ben because we could not have asked for a better DJ- the vibe was perfect. We recommend Ben highly!

Sent on 12/28/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Jackie, Thank you for your amazing review! I loved DJing for you and Anthony. Your dance with your dad was the highlight of the night for me. I have been in the Troy area since, and couldn't help but think of the good times we had. Keep in touch - Ben

Brennan · Married on 06/30/2018

Ben was an amazing DJ and the best vendor we hired for our wedding! He helped us curate a great play-list, kept the party going, and gave announcements in the low-key way we requested. He also went above and beyond his responsibilities as a DJ: he brought a mic for our ceremony, saved a religiously important momento that was going to be discarded(!), and gently reminded us if we were running a bit behind schedule.

Friends wanted his name for their weddings and our security guy at the front door asked for his business card. He was so relaxing to work with and was such a calming presence. We'd recommend him in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/05/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Brennan, Thank you for this amazing review. But I think you and Susan can take a lot of credit for it. Your music input, vision for the event and really fun guests were what made the night so special. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and that I was able to be a part of it. Best of luck! Ben

kaitlyn · Married on 06/23/2018

Ben was absolutely wonderful. When our DJ cancelled on us at the last minute, Ben stepped in and did a totally perfect job - we were so glad that we ended up with Ben. He was extremely easy to deal with, relaxed but totally professional and delivered an incredible night. His playlist was 100% in line with our style and the overall vibe of the wedding, I honestly don't even know how he managed this! The dance floor was PACKED all night with guests across all ages. He has an uncanny ability to play the perfect song at the perfect time - we were blown away and so grateful. The music was really important to me (the bride) as it was my chance to let loose and enjoy after lots of planning - I think I left the dance floor for a total of 15 minutes the entire reception because it was just that good. Many of my guests commented on how fun the reception was - due in large part to Ben's skills. Ben was a dream DJ and I could not more highly recommend him! Thank you Ben!

Sent on 09/11/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Kaitlyn, Thank you so much for your kind review. I loved Djing you and Neil's wedding in beautiful Vermont. I was really impressed with how much you and your guests danced. I had a blast! - Ben

John · Married on 06/09/2018

Ben was an absolute joy to work with. He was always on top of everything, had the whole process super streamlined, and had us dancing our asses off all night! Plus, to top it off, he's just simply a great person. I couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 07/06/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

John thank you so much for your kind review. I loved DJing your and Anna’s wedding. It was so fun to party with you guys. Ben

Anna · Married on 06/09/2018

Ben was a wonderful dj and so sweet to work with. He was professional but also super fun - we were both incredibly happy with him as our wedding dj!

Sent on 07/21/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Anna thank you so much for the nice review. You and John's wedding was so fun. I loved the different types of music I got to play and meeting your cool friends - Ben

Erin · Married on 06/09/2018

Ben was incredible! He played songs that everyone could dance to and made sure we all had an amazing time. People are still talking about the music at the wedding and his price was extremely reasonable. We’re very happy we went with Ben!

Sent on 08/05/2018

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Erin, thank you for the nice review. I had a great time helping you and Chris have such an amazing Catskills wedding. Best of luck to you! Ben

Cassandra · Married on 05/27/2018

Working with Ben was “easy like Sunday morning.” He was attentive, responsive and really cared about our special day. We HIGHLY recommend him! Cass and Zac

Sent on 06/17/2018

Dear Cass & Zac,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I had such an amazing time at your wedding. My favorite part was all the interesting music I got to learn and play. Best of luck to you!

Ben

Bryan · Married on 05/26/2018

Ben was an excellent part of our wedding. He listened to all of our music suggestions and was flexible all throughout the days leading up and day of our wedding. We would recommend Ben for any wedding we were attending!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Dear Bryan,

Thank you so much for your review. I loved DJing you and Lindsay's wedding. It was so fun. Best of luck to both of you!

Ben

Amy · Married on 10/07/2017

Benny was easy to work with and made us feel confident that no matter what the venue was capable of, he'd be prepared to deliver in all circumstances. And he did! It was a total blast, exactly what we wanted. Thanks again Benny for making our special day a no-stress, dance party!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Benny was truly fantastic. He was very responsive and easy to get in touch with. He asked the right questions and understood exactly what feeling we were aiming to create that night, what music we loved and what we didn't love, and then he delivered it all perfectly and kept the dance floor full and happy all night. Absolutely wonderful, all around.

DJ Ben Boylan 6
    DJ Ben Boylan 7
    Sent on 10/13/2017

Alexandra · Married on 09/09/2017

Ben from the get-go was incredibly organized and knowledgeable. When we had our first introduction meeting he immediately impressed us by running through different wedding ceremony and reception styles and options that we had not yet even considered.

After signing, he had a great music worksheet that guided us through the selection process. On the day of, he showed up early and set up quickly. The sound quality was great and his emceeing was professional and minimal, letting the focus shine on the wedding itself. His song choices had everyone up dancing and on their feet all night. A groomsman mentioned a nostalgic song that we loved in his speech. Ben picked up on it and played that song later on in the night, which was a real hit!

Thank you for such a great time!!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Liz · Married on 06/03/2017

We had a small wedding of just 60 guests in June, and Ben kept everyone on the dance floor all night!! Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had at the reception. Ben is organized, professional, easy to work with, and even traveled to the Hudson Valley for the event.

We gave Ben a short list of genre and song suggestions, and let him do his thing! A great DJ not only plays the right songs, but knows WHEN to play them, and Ben did just that. I heard multiple guests throughout the night exclaim "it's my song!!!" and run to the dance floor (myself included). He even made sure that our back to back Hora/Tarantella went super smoothly. We also loved that Ben was minimal in his MC announcements so the focus was really on the music.

I can't recommend Ben enough!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Jamie · Married on 08/06/2016

DJ Benny was a huge hit! He's very responsive and knows what you and your guest like in music. He can really feel the room and he's definitely your guy for getting people off their seats and onto the dance floor. Thank you so much for doing such an incredible job! 10 out of 10 for sure!!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Hannah · Married on 07/23/2016

Highly recommend working with Ben. My husband and I were our own wedding planners, meaning we needed vendors who could take our basic requests and act independently as well as deal with our crazy, last second change of mind - he did it all in stride and made a mean playlist to boot. People were even raving over the dinnertime music selection.

Sent on 09/21/2017

Dan · Married on 04/16/2016

After seeing Ben DJ some other weddings my friends had, I knew he was the only choice for my wedding. He's a total pro. From the early planning phases and working with the sound rental guys to talking about music selection and the vibe we wanted at different parts of the night, Ben was outstanding. The dance floor was packed all night and he really made our night super fun and special. He is great at reading a room and knows how to get people up and dance. You can give him a specific playlist to work off, give a few song ideas and he can fill in the holes, just say what genre you want and let him pick the songs, or just completely let him have at it. Honestly one of the easiest and best choices we made while wedding planning was hiring Ben.

Sent on 09/13/2017

Robbie · Married on 04/16/2016

We had been guests at 2 weddings where Ben was djing and we were on the dance floor all night. When my husband and I started planning we knew we wanted him- so much in fact-we flew him to California to do our wedding. If that dosent say something I don't know what will. He was really really easy to work and played EXACTLY what we wanted at all the right times.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Nate · Married on 07/18/2015

Ben is an amazing DJ who really made our wedding special. People are still talking about it! He is incredibly knowledgeable about all genres of music. I didn't even have to give him much direction .. just told him a few genres we liked and a few songs and he made it happen. I could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Lindsey · Married on 07/18/2015

DJ Benny B. is the only way to go when it comes to wedding DJs. He was amazing. We gave him very little direction in terms of the music we wanted because we trusted his expertise. He was able to read the crowd and keep the dance floor packed the entire night! After our wedding, we went to three other weddings where Ben was the DJ and at each wedding, the dance floor was jamming all night long.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Lyndsey · Married on 06/20/2015

Ben was awesome!! Would love to have him DJ another party for us soon!!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Chrissy · Married on 10/04/2014

Ben was such an awesome addition to our wedding. He was super nice and very professional. Almost everyone was on the dance floor the entire night! He really set a fun atmosphere that guests of all ages enjoyed. We couldn't have asked for a better playlist!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Hanna · Married on 09/27/2014

Benny was truly the heart of the entertainment during the reception at my wedding. I submitted a list of some general tunes we had wanted to include and he made it even better. Our taste in music is more on the hip-hop/ old classics/ soul side. We were specific with some of the songs, but trusted him to play his mix however he wanted. The best part of the music was that he catered to the young and older crowds. We had about 140 guests. The transition of moods from start to end was perfection. As someone who was deeply involved in all the details, the whole process was easy and even us submitting a last minute request for songs a day before the wedding was no big deal for him. He is a complete professional too when it comes to handling the venue and coordination. There are many wedding DJs out there that seem & sound cheesy, but Benny was awesome even when it came down to announcing the entire wedding party. For someone who's job is to set the mood and make the bride and groom feel comfortable, I could not have asked for anything better. I would recommend him for gigs beyond just our wedding! He's just simply cool.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Jackie and Anton · Married on 07/26/2014

From the Clerb to the Wedding

My husband and I had our wedding celebration in 2014, and to this day we always tell everyone how much fun Benny B made our wedding! I would describe our musical taste as not the most typical, so when we explained to him what our music preferences were, he was completely enthusiastic about it and knew exactly what we were looking for. I title this review "from the clerb to the wedding" since we both enjoy going to clubs and listening to live DJs, and Benny B was the perfect blend of fun club music but making it appropriate for weddings. If you are looking for someone who has a deep knowledge of music and good taste, then definitely go with Benny B!

DJ Ben Boylan 8
    DJ Ben Boylan 9
    DJ Ben Boylan 10
    Sent on 06/22/2019

DJ Ben Boylan's reply:

Dear Jackie and Anton, thank you so much for posting this amazing review after all this time! I remember your wedding at City Winery. It was so fun! Great to hear from you and to see you on Instagram. Cheers! - Ben

Allison · Married on 07/19/2014

We could not have picked a better DJ than Benny B for our wedding. Benny B’s deep catalog of oldies, R&B, party classics and up-to-the-minute hits kept everyone moving for the duration of the evening. As a self-proclaimed music nerd, I had a pretty good idea from the start of how I wanted the music to flow. Benny B worked with us well before the wedding to set the direction and the tone of each stage of the wedding, from pre-ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. And boy did he deliver! Benny’s sets were flawless, well curated, and perfect from start to finish. Two months post-wedding I’m still hearing from guests of every age how fun and upbeat the wedding was… and 'WHO WAS THAT AWESOME DJ?!?'

Sent on 09/15/2017