Belmond Charleston Place Reviews

29 | Charleston, SC

29 Reviews for Belmond Charleston Place

Meaghan · Married on 05/19/2018

I had an amazing wedding! The venue was beautiful! I couldn’t of asked for a better day, minus some weather related issues. I am so very happy I picked this place. Everyone was great to work with! It was a little on the pricey side for things, but I couldn’t imagine having it anywhere else! Amazing venue and great staff!

Sent on 06/04/2018
  • Kelly Watson

Kelly · Married on 03/26/2016

I want to personally thank Megan Click and the catering staff at the Belmond Charleston Place for making our wedding absolutely spectacular. Megan took over our account about 1 month prior to our wedding because our other wonderful catering manager/ wedding planner left on maternity leave. Within one phone conversation, she was able to pick up where Jessica left off and seamless ly help complete our wedding ceremony and reception vision. Megan was attentive to details, honest and helped us keep on track, which I personally found to a an amazing attribute because both my husband and I can easily get distracted. When I changed the course of the evening on timing for speeches...sorry Megan, I didn't mean to do that.... Megan spoke with the catering staff to make sure that meals were delivered at the appropriate times. The service and attentiveness to our guests was remarkable. My aunt who has severe nut allergies was blown away that her server was changing her meal throughout the evening to accord with what she could consume. Every single person loved the ravioli appetizer and also commented how the food didn't taste like it was 'catered' and that it was 5-star quality food. My personal food allergies were taken into consideration including our wedding cake which was gluten free for my dietary restriction. Thank you again for all the time and effort that was done to ensure our wedding was smooth seamless and more than either my husband and I could have ever dreamed. We are working on our siblings to consider the Charleston Place as their wedding venue so we can enjoy all the little details we missed!

Sent on 04/01/2016
  • Howard

Howard · Married on 09/05/2015

Our wedding and stay at the Belmond Charleston Place were both spectacular ! Rick Burton and his staff did an amazing job ensuring that every detail of our special event was taken care of. I called Rick ahead of our wedding date to let him know about the small private ceremony that we wanted and he made all the arrangements so we did not have to lift a finger. Rick arranged for a horse-drawn carriage that took us to a special location for the ceremony which he personally officiated followed by champagne in a private room and an intimate dinner that we will never forget. Thanks to Rick, we were able to create memories that will last a lifetime! If you are considering the Belmond for your wedding, I could not give a higher recommendation.

Sent on 02/16/2017

The level of service throughout Charleston Place was first class! That is also the description I would give for our wedding coordinator, Jessica. From our first conversation through the day of our daughter's wedding, I knew we were in good hands! Her style is welcoming, professional, and at the same time, personal. Jessica is very observant, handled every question or need we sent her way and did so efficiently , and gracefully,. By the end of our journey, I knew I could count on her for anything and she would do her best to make it happen, and she did just that! Planning a wedding from a distance could've been a disaster, instead, it was delightful. We were her clients and yet I felt more like a friend by the day of the wedding, that is first class service!

Sent on 05/06/2014

Carla · Married on 03/01/2014

From the vibrant, exquisite floral arrangements and decadent food to the brilliant ambiance of the Riviera Theatre, Charleston Place was a dream come true. The five-star staff was professional, courteous, and attentive - going above and beyond to ensure the top-of-the-notch customer service for every guest that graces the hotel. Elizabeth with BLOOM was fantastic! She was responsive, collaborative, and had a great attention to detail with our floral arrangements. We worked frequently with Special Events Manager Jessica Smithson who was just brilliant. My husband and I experienced quite a few "quirks" in our planning process leading up to our wedding day, and Jessica expertly guided us step-by-step with ease. Because of Jessica, we were able to embrace our beautiful wedding weekend completely stress-free. Our wedding at the Charleston Place will forever be embedded in our hearts. Thank you Jessica and Elizabeth for making our dreams into a reality.

Sent on 04/08/2014

My wedding day was perfect and the team (especially Jessica & Elizabeth) made sure of that! From the day we signed the contract until after the wedding, Jessica has been very responsive and helpful. She made sure that I got what I wanted and helped me plan. Although it was cold, I still had the ceremony outside by the fountain and it was beautiful. The decorations I chose were simple, but elegant. I (and everyone that came) absolutely loved the Riveria. It is a great location and not much needs do be done decorating wise since the room is already beautiful. The food was AMAZING and I am still getting complients on it, as well as the service at the tables. Bloom made the centerpieces and flowers look wonderful and I cannot wait to see what they look like in pictures!! You will not have any doubts when you book your wedding through Charleston Place Hotel. The experience was wonderful and non-stressful!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Natasha · Married on 10/12/2013

The Charleston Place made my big day better than I could have ever imagined! Their staff truly went above and beyond what I envisioned. Jessica Smithson is incredibly sweet, genuine, and helpful. She thought of perfect little touches to make the wedding special, and she made sure I was comfortable every step of the way. Elizabeth Jones and the rest of the Bloom team did an amazing job translating my color and decor vision into reality. Elizabeth is so knowledgable, and I felt completely comfortable entrusting the decor to her. To this day, I still have guests raving to me about the delicious food that the Charleston Place provided. I HIGHLY recommend the macaroni and cheese bar. Your guests will go nuts for it! I truly could not have asked for a more perfect day! Thank you, Charleston Place!

Sent on 11/29/2013

Sydney · Married on 01/12/2013

I don't even know where to start. The venue alone is a beautiful setting to get married in. The wedding coordinator Jessica is so helpful and doesn't mind a million emails. The food is nothing short of fantastic! The hotel staff is wonderful, helpful and enjoy making your day special.

Sent on 02/09/2013

Barbara · Married on 12/12/2012

My husband and I eloped during the Christmas holidays and wanted a small, elegant ceremony that would feel special. Rick Burton at Charleston Place provided top notch recommendations and services. Every detail from a romantic location to exchange vows to finding a hair stylist and makeup artist, Rick's attention to detail and patience was phenomenal. My bouquet of white roses was gorgeous and lasted 2 weeks! Rick also recommended a great photographer to capture the day, which was something we hadn't thought about, and was well worth the money having professional photos to share with friends and family. I would highly recommend Belmond Charleston Place, Rick Burton and all of the staff at this hotel.

Sent on 02/15/2017
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 11/10/2012

I cannot say how pleased we were with our wedding at Charleston Place. We worked with Jessica Smithson and she was beyond amazing! We planned our wedding from Boston and I never had any doubts we were in good hands with Jessica. It was worth every penny - the service, the food, the location. Our guests had a great time and we'll never forget our time there. LOVE!

Sent on 12/03/2012

Charleston Place Hotel is so elegant and charming! We used Market Street Circle for the ceremony and even though it was outside, we still felt a strong sense of privacy thanks to the staff that made it happen! Our cocktail hour and reception where at the Palmetto Cafe and Courtyard which didn't require much decor since the space is so beautiful on its own. Beside the quality of service was amazing. The hors d'oeuvres and our food were delicious and everyone on the wait staff was incredibly courteous and on their toes all night.

Sent on 10/08/2012
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 09/01/2012

Our wedding was perfect! My husband and I are so pleased with all the services we received at the Charleston Place Hotel. We worked with Jessica Smithson and Elizabeth Klumb, and they did an amazing job! They are very organized and professional. I was very happy that they set up and tear down absolutely everything. Our ceremony was outside at Market Street Circle at 10:30 in the morning. We had a brunch to follow from 11am-2pm. The food was absolutely delicious. We still have guests telling us how beautiful the venue was and how great all the food was. Elizabeth did all of the flowers for the bridal party and reception. They were absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted. We are from out of town and so were all of our guests, so it was a destination wedding for everyone. We started working with Jessica and Elizabeth via phone and email about 6 months prior to our wedding date. I felt that they made the planning process so much better. They alleviate small details, such as making sure the venue is clean and ready, and making sure guests make it from the ceremony to the reception. Because they take care of everything at the hotel, my husband and I were able to focus more on pre-wedding details like guest room gift bags, wedding attire, music, etc. Charleston is the perfect vintage historical town to get married in! There are so many activities for your guests to do during down time. And we've never had a bad meal in the entire city --- Charleston cuisine is AMAZING!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Frankly, I don’t know where to begin. My experience with Charleston Place Hotel and its staff has been nothing less than wonderful.

Jessica Smithson is a delight and the ultimate professional. Courteous, respectful, responsive and helpful. As a “first time (and last!)” MOB, Jessica helped me navigate the often difficult waters of planning my daughter’s dream wedding. Her patience, knowledge and honesty made wedding planning completely “non-stressful.” We knew when we chose CP for the wedding, we’d be getting top-notch food, customer service and décor, and your staff did not disappoint.

Elizabeth Klumb from Bloom is also terrific. High energy, informative and she was always available to help me make the right decisions. The décor and flowers for the wedding were dramatic, elegant and brought my daughter’s vision to life. Elizabeth was a huge part of this. Elizabeth worked with me on many proposals to get everything just right. When my husband and I saw the ballroom for the first time Saturday afternoon, I almost cried-- it was so beautiful. In fact, some ladies celebrating a friend’s 50th birthday peeked in and were awed by the room’s décor. And, of course, our guests could not have had a better time.

Danielle Matesi was great to work with and always called me before making any charges to my account. A truly delightful person.

The entire banquet staff was incredible. Guests mentioned their servers by name and how attentive they were to everyone’s needs. Again, the food was beyond description. People are still emailing me about how delicious everything tasted.

By the way, the bride and groom had the best time of their lives. Their friends, too. The superlatives keep going—best wedding ever, best food, amazing flowers, great waitstaff, etc.
    Everyone who attended the wedding (except us) came from out of town, and many stayed at Charleston Place. What a wonderful introduction to Charleston and a great experience all around.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Debbie · Married on 05/26/2012

In December of 2011 I contacted Jessica Smithson at the Charleston Place Hotel to plan my May 2012 wedding. She was so friendly and helpful and by January we were all set and in full planning mode. Not only did she make planning my dream wedding easy, she made it so much fun. I also cannot say enough wonderful things about Elizabeth from Bloom. Any ideas I brought to either one of them were met with full enthusiasm. Elizabeth made flower and decor sound so simple and Jessica pulled together the most wonderful menu and the perfect setting at the Market Street Circle! When the day of came around it all went so smooth and so perfect- and I do mean perfect. We had a wonderful banquet staff (you honestly never knew they were there until you needed something) and then it seemed like they just magically appeared. When my husband and I got back to our beautiful and spacious junior suite at the end of the evening there was a chilled bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting, along with a sampling of all the desserts from the wedding we had not had a chance to try because we were too busy socializing and dancing. I would highly recommend Charkeston Place Hotel for a wedding venue. The following morning we had breakfast in the Palmetto Cafe and the service was top notch. It was so hard to same room that had held our wedding reception the night before had been transformed back to a dining space in so few hours. The staff at Charleston Place Hotel- from the bellman when we checked in and mentioned we were here for our wedding- to staff at the front desk at checkout were absolutely the best to work with.

Sent on 08/01/2012

Traci · Married on 04/21/2012

Most Amazing Day of my life! Jessica is a lifesaver! She is extremely professional and made me feel so calm during the entire wedding planning process. Any bride would be lucky to plan their wedding with her. Charleston Place Hotel is so beautiful!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Nena · Married on 09/24/2011

My daughter and her fiance chose Charleston Place Hotel for their wedding ceremony and reception on 9/24/2011, and I could not be more pleased with their choice...to have the wedding at the most beautiful hotel in Charleston AND get Jessica Smithson as your planner/coordinator was an extraordinary experience for all of us! From the moment the planning started, to the last moments of the reception, Jessica was professional , kind and considerate, and ALWAYS at least one step ahead of all concerns and questions. The wedding day went flawlessly under Jessica's control, and we were more than pleased with the outcome! The ceremony site (Market Street Courtyard) is gorgeous every day, but on this day, it had been decorated so tastefully and elegantly! The reception was held in the Palmetto Cafe, and it too was set up and decorated in such a way that we were all blown away. The food served was absolutely scrumptious, and everyone commented on how it was the best they had ever had! And the whole time, Jessica was quietly doing her job in the background, making sure every element of this night was perfect! And it was!
    I will never regret using Charleston Place Hotel, and will always feel blessed that Jessica was the coordinator assigned to us!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Sharon · Married on 05/21/2011

There is no better venue in Charleston for a wedding reception than Charleston Place Hotel. Wedding coordinator Jessica Smithson is tops in her field, and while juggling a continuous run of everything from small business meetings to large receptions, she always made me feel as if I were her only client. Ms. Smithson's advice, professionalism and attention to detail was beyond anything I could have possibly hoped for. The food was five star restaurant quality. As one of my guests stated, "This food would be fabulous at a top restaurant, but to find it at a banquet...wow!" BLOOM turned an ordinary reception hall into a stunningly gorgeous room that looked as if it came right out of a dream....it quite frankly took my breath away.

If you are looking to do things on the cheap then this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a first class venue with first class folks to plan it for you, then this IS the place. Value for Cost? Yes ma'am...it was worth every penny I spent and then some.

Thank you Charleston Place and Jessica and her staff for making my daughter's night everything she wanted and more.

Sent on 05/24/2011

Samantha · Married on 05/23/2009

The Riviera Theater at Charleston Place was such an exceptional venue to hold our wedding reception, our guests couldn't get over the unique setting! The food was amazing, the lighting and linen rentals absolutely perfect, and our centerpieces blew me away. The staff was nothing but a pleasure to work with, and by the end I was sad to say goodbye! I would wholeheartedly recommend Charleston Place, especially for destination weddings that can use the five-star comprehensive service they offer.

Sent on 06/16/2009

Mary · Married on 02/07/2009

Our daughter got married 9/24/11 in Charleston, SC and had a reception for 300 at Charleston Place Hotel in their grand ballroom. A wedding planner was provided at no additional cost to us. I wasn't sure we would need one, but gladly accepted. I quickly found out that she was fantastic, and I could NOT have done the reception without her. During the planning, she (Jessica Smithson) was always available and was extremely prompt in getting my questions answered and my needs met. For the reception, she had a way of blending into the crowd, and yet, was right where I needed her every time. We used Bloom for the flowers, and Elizabeth Klumb did a spectacular job (seperate review). The food was delicious, and the room set up was just what we needed. Everyone I dealt with was professional and provided excellent service. The guests who stayed at the hotel were thrilled with the comfort and quality of the rooms. Not only did our daughter have the wedding weekend of her dreams, so did her father and I.

Sent on 09/29/2011

Debby · Married on 12/13/2008

We had our rehearsal dinner at The Palmetto Cafe at The Charleston Place Hotel. The evening was perfect in every way. Jessica Smithson made sure that our EVERY desire was met! The food was delicious and the setting was perfectly beautiful. The cocktail hour was in the courtyard and the 75 guests were served in the dinning area. Dinner was set up in stations, and the flow was flawless. The flowers were done by Elizabeth Klumb of "Bloom," and she did a beautiful job. She had lovely ideas and worked within our budget.
    I would highly recommend this venue for your dinner or reception as everyone at CPH went over and above the call of duty to create a perfect evening for us!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Julie · Married on 12/11/2010

Charleston Place was absolutely outstanding! Our guests still rave it was the best wedding they ever attended. The staff was impeccable, and so detail oriented. Our planner (Jessica) was always two steps ahead of us and willing to listen to our every question and request, and was able to accommodate for us! The food tasted like a five star restaurant with presentation to match. Never was there a sentiment that it was typical "wedding" food. Bloom's flowers were beautiful, and my dried bouquet is just as perfect as it was that day. Thank you Charleston Place for the best day of my life!

Sent on 04/18/2011

Amanda · Married on 06/19/2010

Charleston Place was amazing!! Every detail was attended to and nothing was left out. We had a large wedding (200 guests) and from having a certain drink made for myself to making sure each favor (which was personalized) match the place card at each table, Charleston Place never once dropped the ball. Everyone was impressed by the food they served on the buffets as well. We all still rave about the shirmp and grits!

Sent on 07/13/2010
  • W

Gwendolyn · Married on 06/06/2009

Ty Leslie is fabulously amazing! I threw a few details, likes/dislikes, and color swatches at him and let him do his thing - and it was beyond gorgeous. I had him decorate my cake w/ flowers and he abosultely transformed it into the most beautiful wedding cake I have ever seen. It was far beyond my expectations. The level of service Bloom provides is tremendous, and certainly the kind of care and attention you hope to have for your wedding day. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Ty...even my last minute call to him the morning of the wedding asking him to bring flowers for my hair was no problem.

Sent on 08/18/2009

Christine · Married on 05/24/2009

We stayed here for two nights after the wedding. The hotel is beautiful, great location. We live in Charleston and just wanted a little get-away. Perfect spot to just relax away from the house. Also, we took advantage of their couples special thatincluded dinner in the Charleston Grill...FABULOUS. Highly recommend this dinner and brunch in their downstairs. Great place to spend after your wedding!

Sent on 07/10/2009

Stephanie · Married on 01/02/2009

Choosing the Charleston Place hotel was the best decision for my wedding. They were extremly flexible and allowed me to use the venues at the hotels as I wanted and didn't pigeon hole me into what they always do. We had a blast and everything was flawless. The hotel was the venue for my wedding ceremony, post ceremony cocktail hour, and the dinner reception. It was wonderful and event planner, Joey was on his A game. Thanks Charleston Place!

Sent on 04/05/2009