35 Reviews for Bella's Desserts

Private Tastings (3)
Consultations (2)
Fresh Fruit (1)
35 Bella's Desserts Reviews

Lauren was amazing, and her cakes are to die for. We are cake-snobs, and hers were the best we tasted before choosing our vendor- BY FAR. You can't go wrong with any of the flavors! Lauren was cordial, professional, and skilled at her art. She welcomed us from the beginning and was like an old friend right away. She delivered the cake on schedule and gave us detailed instructions about wrapping and getting our florist's succulents ready to be placed on the cake (she did it all!) We can't recommend her highly enough! Thank you, Lauren!!!!

Profile Picture Tess, 6/16/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit

Lauren at Bella's Desserts is an absolute genius in the kitchen! She made the most delicious wedding cakes for my wedding and I've still been receiving compliments about them 3 months later. After sampling cakes at some of the more well-known bakeries in the Glenmoore/West Chester area, I was left feeling underwhelmed. I happened upon Bella's Desserts by chance and am so glad I did! Lauren was a dream to work with and executed our vision perfectly. When we sampled Lauren's cakes for the first time, we were so blown away by how delicious it was and how fresh it tasted in comparison to the dry cakes we'd been sampling at other bakeries. Lauren knows what she is doing to make sure your cake tastes fresh and delicious and looks incredible for your wedding day. We can't wait for our anniversary to eat the top layer that we saved! I can't recommend Bella's Dessert highly enough.

Profile Picture Jessie, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren, owner of Bella’s is a perfectionist and it’s great. She made table cakes for our wedding in 10 flavors and it was the best. Everyone raves about what we already knew, Lauren knows how to make a fantastic tasting and looking cake.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren was such a pleasure to work with! Not only was our cake stunning but absolutely delicious!

Profile Picture Lea, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Everyone loved or cake! It was simple and beautiful

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

As soon as we tasted the cakes, we knew we were booking with Bella's Desserts. The flavors in all the cakes, fillings and frostings we tried were delicious with a very natural taste -- not too overwhelming or artificial (unlike some other bakers we sampled). Lauren was clearly passionate about her craft and in helping to deliver a great product for our wedding, to make the event that much better. She was very responsive to any questions we had in the lead up to the wedding, and was able to make and package bags of her "sugar button" cookies as favors, with only six weeks notice. Many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had, and the cookies were fantastic as well. I would recommend Bella's Desserts to any area brides -- now I just need an excuse to order another cake!

Profile Picture Alex, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The cupcakes were delicious! She was a wonderful baker and she has lots of great flavors! Salted caramel were my favorite!

Profile Picture User5483177, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Bella's Desserts for our August wedding. Lauren was responsive, professional and easy to work with. She even made a dairy free cake for us! The cupcakes were beautiful AND delicious! I would highly recommend her for anyone's celebration!

Profile Picture User5538695, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The cupcakes Bella's provided at our wedding were very good. Bella's had a selection of different flavors and kinds of cupcakes to choose from. We enjoyed everything we have tasted from them.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren made our wedding such a wonderful day!! Is not just a great baker but a wonderful person. I am celiac and she made me a special gluten free cake. It was a wonderful day!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren from Bella's Desserts is a fabulous woman, and gourmet baker! She truly was a joy to work with. She know details about the ingredients she uses, was very flexible when we wanted to change our order (more than one time!), and even set up our vision for us on our cupcake display the day of our wedding. She arrived with our cupcakes at the time we agreed on, and she was non-intrusive as she set up our display so quietly and beautifully.

Thank you Lauren @ Bella's Desserts!!

Profile Picture User3558736, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

AMAZING SERVICE & QUALITY! HAD SO MANY COMPLIMENTS ON THE CAKES/CUPCAKES FROM FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

Profile Picture SARA, 7/28/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren was a pleasure to work with! She always answered her phone and emails personally and was very fast with any information requested. She was friendly and helpful and open to any ideas we had. The cake was fantastic! We had a three tier lemon, vanilla, and chocolate cake with butter-cream icing. The cake was beautiful and delicious! My mom told me everyone kept coming up to her telling her how much they loved BOTH pieces they ate. We did not want to save your top tier in the freezer, but I am very much looking forward to ordering a fresh cake from Lauren for our anniversary. I am absolutely happy with my choice have Lauren make my wedding cake, and hope to get cakes from her for events in the future. I just wish we lived closer!

Profile Picture Christy, 7/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I have known Lauren since 2008 and highly recommend her for any type of event. I met her when I was working in Events, and recommended her wedding cakes and her business to everyone looking for dessert options. When I found myself engaged and planning my wedding, she was my very first call. And even though it had been a few years since we'd spoken, she remembered me and put together a perfect collection of desserts for my husband and my wedding day celebrations (a gorgeous cake for our wedding brunch and an assortment of cupcakes and fruit tarts for our evening BBQ). I could rave about Lauren for days, but for the purposes of this just know that she cares about each person, each event, each like and dislike ~ she wants you to have something you truly love and are excited about and she is willing to work with you to make it perfect. And on top of being super to work with, flexible, affordable, approachable and just plain awesome, she also makes the best baked goods I've ever had. Currently, I'm trying to think of another event so I can order another cake!

Profile Picture John, 6/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

From day 1 Lauren was professional, prompt and dedicated in providing the best service in making our day so special. She would always answer emails within that same day.
Her cake tasting was amazing! She makes all her cakes with real fruit and goes the extra mile to make quality flavorful delicious, yummie (i want some right now) cakes! ive tasted plenty of cakes and by far hers top the flavor and quality list. She's a master for flavor. Even my mom who's picky about cakes (she likes the moist Mexican kind) still talks about it and was the first to freeze her own piece for later! Haha.
I strongly recommend giving her cakes a try!

Profile Picture User2766545, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren was absolutely amazing to work with and I am looking for another reason to work with her soon. I had a hors d'oeuvres and dessert reception and contracted with Lauren to make the mini desserts and the wedding cake. I called Lauren, explained my vision, asked for suggestions and from that point on we had an awesome working relationship. On the day of the event the mini desserts were displayed beautifully and the guests enjoyed each and every bite. The room was buzzing with I know that’s yummy, but you have to tried this. At some point my husband stopped greeting guests and starting devouring the desserts. After greeting every guest I was able to enjoy just a few of the mini desserts - the citrus tarts, the raspberry almond tart, the caramel nut tarts and the delicious vanilla with swiss butter cream frosting cake. Ever since the wedding I had guests call and ask me for Lauren’s information because they loved what she did.

All I can say is Lauren was attentive, accessible, creative, responsive, professional and an overall JOY to work with. She was the best vendor I contracted with and I look forward to working with her in the future for all my dessert needs. Whether you are doing a dessert reception or looking for yummy desserts for your next event I strongly recommend Bella Desserts!!

P.S. My wedding occurred the weekend after Hurricane Sandy. Before the hurricane, Lauren sent me an e-mail advising me of the potential power outage in her area and the impact that it could have on my day. As anticipated there was a power outage and Lauren sent me an e-mail detailing everything she was able to do before the power outage and a possible contingency plan. When the power was restored Lauren told me and we were able to move forward with plan A. Throughout the entire time Lauren kept me informed and never gave me any reason to doubt that she would do all that she could to make my special day special. Thanks Lauren!

Profile Picture Keisha, 11/3/12, 1 Review
4.3

Delicious food! Just be sure to establish ahead of time if desserts baked elsewhere are allowed at the event. The contract brings this up but isn't entirely clear. Depending on the situation, it may be the case that even if a family member wants to home-bake a dessert for your event, that may not be allowed.

Profile Picture User3443431, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

This cake was absolutely Beautiful - We presented a drawing of my daughter's dress which was very specific and detailed on the back with the train. She presented a 4 tier cake that looked exactly like the dress which was the main theme to the entire wedding details. The cake was moist and delightful. It was the first thing you saw as you entered the ballroom and surely the talk of the night.

Profile Picture Jenkins, 9/29/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The best wedding cake we've ever had!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Bella's was such a wonderful experience! We wanted to have both an assortment of cupcakes as our wedding cake, and a buffet of miniature desserts for a dessert reception. We ordered 4 flavors of cupcake, and a selection of vegan/gluten free cupcakes. We sampled several other bakeries, but liked the fluffiness of Lauren's cake, the icing (which was sweet and buttery but not too heavy), and the creativity of her flavors (we chose Snickerdoodle as our cutting cake). We weren't able to get past all of our guests to sample *everything* on the buffet tables, but we loved the tiny chocolate/nut tarts, citrus curd tarts, and cake ball truffles (which we got to taste when a guest ran up and said "you HAVE to try this!"). While we were planning, Lauren was incredibly responsive, answered all of our questions, and provided a lot of helpful information. The desserts were delicious, and she set them up beautifully! We've gotten many, many positive comments from guests about how things tasted, how they looked, and how it was obvious that a great deal of care and thought went into the work. Thank you!

Profile Picture Gwen, 9/2/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

For the simple cake we wanted, we did not want to pay the high prices of some of the bigger bakery names in our area. Lauren did a beautiful job on our cake and both flavors were absolutely delicious. We had one tier of almond cake with raspberry filling and two tiers of chocolate chip cake with fudge filling (this was hubby's fave!). Best of all, since our wedding was local, there was no delivery charge.

Lauren truly enjoys what she does and puts a lot of love into her cakes. She only does one wedding cake per day so that each cake gets her full attention. Her passion really shows and we highly recommend Bella's!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/16/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren of Bella's Desserts created a beautifully designed and delicious wedding cake which we absolutely loved and our guests raved about! From the initial tasting to the wedding day, we had a wonderful experience working with her. She accommodated our requests for organic ingredients and also provided vegan, gluten-free cupcakes for our non-dairy guests. My cousin with a severe dairy allergy was thrilled! Our choices included a carrot with cream cheese, lemon with lemon curd and chocolate with raspberry curd fillings, all covered in Swiss Meringue Buttercream. The cakes, fillings and frostings were incredibly light and full of flavor without that heavy sweetness that you get at traditional bakeries. Since our ceremony and reception was in a garden setting, Lauren was very flexible with incorporating themes from our floral arrangements and surroundings to create an elegant design of winding vines and green leaves. The cake was so delicious we decided to serve it all to the wedding guests and order a new small cake or cupcakes for our first anniversary. This may become an annual event! Lauren's prices are very reasonable for the high quality and level of personal service you get. We can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/2/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren was so flexible with making sample cupcakes to taste. She made THE best armadillo cake (put the one from Sweet Magnolia's to shame) Would definitely call Lauren again for a custom cake!

Profile Picture Jillian, 8/7/10, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Great service, great food! Just perfect!

Profile Picture Matt, 6/27/09, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lauren is an amazing baker and designer and both my shower and wedding cake left me speechless. You have never tasted butter cream icing until you have tasted hers...heavenly. All of the guests at my shower asked me who made the cake and will they be making my wedding cake because they wanted more. Along with the deliciousness and beauty, Lauren is extremely easy going and personable and she answered all of my questions quickly. I can't thank her enough and I would recommend her to everyone!

Profile Picture Shara, 6/20/09, 1 Review