Bella You Bridal Reviews

Bella You Bridal 4
Bella You Bridal 5
Bella You Bridal 6
Bella You Bridal 7

I ordered my wedding gown from Bella You. It was a special order, as it was combining two dresses into one. The order came in on time, with the exact finishing touches I asked for! It fits perfectly and is stunning. The owner of the store called me personally to tell me my dress was in and how beautiful it was. She was just as excited about it as I was! I can't wait to wear this exquisite dress on my wedding day :)

Sent on 11/12/2015
  • I

Iasha · Married on 06/11/2016

I have been coming to Bella You since buying my prom dress in high school. Now I'm purchasing my wedding dress from here. The staff are very professional and make the customer feel comfortable. They also have great dress selections here. I would def recommend Bella You for wedding dress purchased.

Sent on 05/12/2016

5/5 out of everything. I am beyond thrilled with my dress and the service I recieved. The ladies who work (and own) the shop are attentive, respectful, and knowledgable. I felt comfortable and well taken care of. And the inventory is extensive. There was lace, and silk, and tulle...the list is endless. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/05/2014

Lindsay · Married on 08/08/2015

So far everyone at Bella You has been great to work with! After visiting many bridal boutiques in both my home town and in Rochester, I was pretty discouraged in my dress search.

I had an appointment to go in and after getting into town earlier than anticipated they had no problem with moving my appointment time a little earlier. Their staff was knowledgeable and helped in pulling dresses for me to try on based on a few question about what style I wanted. They zipped everything, tied everything, had shoes for me to use, brought out accessories to show me that I might like, took everything on and off the hangers - my mom came along and all she had to do was watch me show off each dress, it was great! At many other places we visited we were basically left on our own to figure out how to zip and tie complicated dresses.

I ordered my dress in November, and they offered to "pre-measure" to have it hemmed ahead of time at the factory for a little extra on the price. That worked out perfectly since I would have had to pay to have it altered anyway for my height. My dress arrived back at the store in May just as expected, perfect size, perfect length. I will have the rest of the alterations done once our date is a little closer. They are storing the dress until our wedding next summer.

A+++ ! I highly recommend Bella You!

Sent on 06/06/2014
  • Gabriella

Gabriella · Married on 05/30/2015

Before going to Bella You, I tried on dresses at a few other more well known national 'chain' bridal stores. Nothing they did at those other shops came anywhere close to the amazing service I received at Bella You. Amanda is so sweet, and helpful. She made me feel comfortable right from the time I walked in the front door. She listened to me and took everything I said into consideration when picking dresses for me to try on. She was very knowledgeable, and didn't just tell me what I wanted to hear. My mother and older sister were at both initial appointments with me, and Amanda and Margaret both made sure they felt welcome and included. I didn't feel rushed or pressured to make any decisions that I wasn't ready to make. When I felt overwhelmed, they were totally understanding and gave me time alone to process everything.

The dress selection is not as large as some of the bigger stores, but they carry a wide range of styles for every body type, and they can tailor any dress to be exactly how you want it to be. I've never heard at any other bridal shop that the seamstress can add a corset back to any dress! They might not have a huge inventory, but the dresses that they do have are all gorgeous. They don't stock their racks with cheap, low quality dresses just so they appear to have a high inventory.

I could go on and on about how much I loved my experience at Bella You. I found the perfect wedding gown, and will definitely be getting bridesmaid dresses there as well. I highly recommend this vendor!

Sent on 02/21/2014

I had a wonderful experience at Bella You. I highly recommend it.

When I began dress shopping, I did not realize I was going to be a difficult bride. I was looking for a short wedding dress- I knew I was going non-traditional, but I didn't anticipate the extreme lack of selection of short dresses.

I went to another dress shop first where I couldn't even find anything to really try on. Unfortunately the staff members there were not experienced enough to help me.

Then I went to Bella You. Amanda and Margaret went to work finding a dress that would work for me. Ultimately Amanda found a beautiful long gown that we all agreed would look great if it was shortened. Josephine (who does the alterations) worked her magic and voila- I now have my perfect short wedding dress!!

I can't thank you ladies enough for helping me make my vision a reality! I am so excited. Thanks Bella You!

Sent on 10/04/2014

Bella You Bridal's reply:

Margaret & I are so happy we could help make your vision a reality! You and your mom were truely a pleasure to work with, Thank you for trusting all of our crazy suggestions! Cant wait to see pictures of your big day!

-Amanda

Colby · Married on 09/14/2013

Everyone at Bella You was wonderful! I not only found my gown here but my mom got her dress here as well and we were both extremely pleased. Bella You made my experience personal and stress free, what every bride deserves!

Sent on 10/17/2013

megan · Married on 08/31/2013

I bought my dress from Bella You and it was a wonderful experience. I had difficulty finding light weight dresses at the other places I had been to. Bella You does a lot of destination weddings so they have more of a selection. They were wonderful to work with and very helpful. I also got my bridesmaids dresses from them and their prices were comparable to every other place I looked. I was able to get my alterations done right there and they gave me my "something borrowed." Wonderful place, wonderful experience!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Nicole · Married on 08/10/2013

I loved working with Amanda and Margaret at Bella You! they made my very fast planning for my Wedding Day easy and painless. Amanda came to my house to get me and my bridal party ready the day of and everything went so smoothly! couldnt have asked for more!!!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Jen · Married on 07/20/2013

I loved working with the girls at Bella You. They were all so nice and always had smiles. My dress was perfect! Everything was fantastic!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Tonya · Married on 07/06/2013

working with bella you made my day special they were very special people and I highly recommend them to any and everyone for any event that I need to be beautiful I will be at there door with bells I thank them with all my heart

Sent on 10/10/2013

Jennifer · Married on 06/29/2013

I had a FABULOUS experience with Bella You for the selections of my bridal gown AND bridesmaid dresses! They were so wonderful in helping me choose a dress as I was quite undecided! I must have tried on almost every dress in the store,. Then, Margaret, the owner, said "hold on, I have one more I think you'll like! " It was IT! Amanda, was also amazing... Being completely honest all the way! Taking my concerns and working with them until it was perfect! Josephine, the seamstress, added small touches to the dress to truly make it my OWN! The dress turned put BEAUTIFUL! The team at Bella You is REAL! They don't tell you what you want to hear and will work with you until you're satisfied! I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 01/31/2014

Traci · Married on 06/15/2013

Margaret and her daughter at Bella You were fantastic! I would recommend them to anyone. I went in not really knowing what I was looking for in a wedding dress and Margaret nailed it! My wedding was 4 months ago and people are still talking about my dress!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Within minutes of talking with me they picked out my dream dress. After trying on a bunch, they were very patient and I went back to the one they picked out and it was spot on. Meet helpful, very patient and well within my budget.

Sent on 03/31/2015

Caitlin · Married on 07/02/2017

Bella you was wonderful! From the beginning, I was not excited about trying on dresses because I did not care for the pressure and the attitudes from that are present in most places, but this place had a much different vibe. Everyone was so sweet, and accommodating, I felt very comfortable taking my time with this decision. I knew I had to have this dress the moment I tried it on, and I couldn't be happier that I found it here.

Sent on 11/06/2017
    Bella You Bridal 12
    Bella You Bridal 13
    Bella You Bridal 14

Stephanie · Married on 08/17/2013

The girls at Bella You were absolutely awesome! They talked to me for a few minutes about what I imagined my dream dress would look like, and then they pulled all sort of options from around the store. Their picks were dead on and I chose the second dress I tried on. They made me feel like I was the only bride they had ever helped and like their store was just for me. My mom, grandma, maid of honor and I look back very fondly on our experience there.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Vanessa · Married on 06/27/2015

Every step of the "finding my dress" process was great with Bella You. I went there with a good amount of family members and friends (probably too many) and they were so accommodating. Both of the girls that I worked with were so sweet, and helped me make some big decisions when I couldn't decide between two dresses. In addition, I live in North Carolina now, so my availability to come in and pick up the dress and get fitted was limited and they worked with me. The seamstress they work with is PHENOMENAL and is doing quite a few things to make my dress custom. She is great to work with and is available at any time. Loved this place!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Leslee · event on: 04/29/2016

2.5

I have read so many nasty reviews about this place, I had to write a short review. My daughter and I went there last night to look at Prom dresses. I did think it was a little over priced(but what gowns aren't these days?)They helped us work within our budget. The store is clean and well organized, The owner and employee went out of their way to work with us, pulling dress upon dress in our price range to try on. They were VERY friendly and professional and my daughter walked out of there with a smile from ear to ear after finding her "perfect" dress for her special occasion! Thank you Bella You!

Sent on 03/11/2016

Marisa · Married on 06/20/2015

Overall service was great. We had a unique dress order - different colors, styles, and brands, and not every bridesmaid ordered from this vendor. All dresses came in time, although, there was a little confusion initially with the date that dress orders would be entered. Would absolutely recommend to another bride. LOVED my dress- absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/16/2015
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/05/2013

Bella You was one of our first stops during my dress shopping weekend. They accommodated us on a Sunday which was awesome, I was able to have my mother, mother-in-law & two sisters come along! I had a pretty clear idea of what I was looking for - but still tried on different styles not to cut my options short. They didn't have what I was looking for, but Amanda called me a few weeks later letting me know they got a few new styles in and may be what I am looking for. That phone call was by no means rude or a pushy sales call like I had received at other dress shops - it was actually great that someone had listened to what I was looking for and offering up options. I went in the next day and my dress was in the group of new dresses. I was thrilled, it was absolutely perfect! Amanda knows her stuff and is in my opinion the most knowledgable staff member there. My dress came in a timely fashion for wedding dresses - you really do need 6-8months! I also purchased my veil and shoes from Bella You, both were fantastic - I felt the price to be a little high on the veil but I couldn't find anything else like it anywhere so I guess it was worth it! I used there recommended seamstress and she too, was fantastic! My dress fit perfectly. I would recommend checking them, just ask for Amanda! She'll get you the perfect dress!

Sent on 11/01/2013

Bella You Bridal's reply:

Thanks Kelly! You guys were so much fun to work with! Hope your wedding was Perfect! Id love to see pictures! stop by and visit us or send us an email! Congrats and Best Wishes! :)

Amanda
    Bella You

Kate · Married on 07/23/2016

2.5

I had a great experience at Bella You, the staff was very polite and helpful. However, one of my bridesmaids claims that she did not receive the same customer service as I did. Her dress was ordered in the wrong size (she is a 4 and they ordered an 8). They paid for the alterations to take it in, but she still had to pay for the alterations to the length, which may not have been an issue if the correct size had been ordered. She also said that the owner was rude to her throughout the entire situation.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Bella You Bridal's reply:

Hi Kate, we do sincerely apologize for the mix up with the size on your bridesmaids dress and if she felt we were rude in anyway. that is never our intention! Bridesmaids gowns are always cut standard length of 59 inches so the gown would have had to be shortened even in the size 4. Thank you so much for your feed back! Sharing your experience with the store helps us improve our customer service and learn from mistakes to better serve our customers! We hope your wedding day was perfect and would love to see pictures from your wedding day! :-)

3.5

After searching many wedding dress stores in Rochester, I found my unconventional dress at Bella You. Don't judge a book by its cover when entering this store. They have a great selection of dresses and the owner helped me find a great dress that was flattering to my figure. Bella You's prices are generally reasonable, though admittedly there were several $50 up-charges (for hollow-to-hem measurement & train removal) when I finally went to buy the dress. I was also disappointed when I went to try on my dress after it came in. Despite making an appointment, I had a long wait and could not use the larger mirror in the store as there was another bride using it. Once I made my payment, it was like the store no longer cared about my business. Nonetheless, I had a beautiful dress. Of note, I did not use Bella You's in-house tailor.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Lindsey · Married on 09/26/2015

3.0

We got our bridesmaids dresses from Bella You and we love them! My only complaints are that one of the employees was sort of sassy with us because one of the dresses fell off the hanger on the ground. Her exact words were, "Hand me that dress. People buy these you know, you can't just put it on the hanger and leave it when it falls off." Needless to say, my bridesmaid was embarrassed because she didn't realize it fell off the hanger. Also, the salon is very cluttered and it was difficult to find what we were looking for. However, when they gave us an assistant after the hanger incident, we were very pleased! And the dress was cheaper than other places we looked.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Bella You Bridal's reply:

We love feedback from our customer! You inspired us to rearrange our bridesmaid
    collection! Thank You for letting us know from your point of view. Sorry if we
    embarrassed your friend; we do sell our dresses off the rack and we are anal to keep
    them pristine.

ashley · Married on 10/05/2013

3.0

the dress was beautiful and everything made my day every special.

Sent on 10/16/2013
  • User4019195 · 2+ years ago

3.6
      3.5

I purchases my mother of the bride dress there. I liked the fact that you could buy right off the rack or special order. I found a dress I liked and they said it was no problem to have sleeves added. It wasn't the best place I visited, but definitely worth a look!

Sent on 04/06/2014