Bella Sposa Bridal and Prom Reviews

28 Reviews for Bella Sposa Bridal and Prom

0.2
      1.0
      0.0

This place was extremely awful!!!!!! None of my bridesmaids had a pleasant experience with this place. One of my girls called to order shoes and the woman told her that they were too busy and that they didn't have any time for her and if she came to the store no one would attend to her. After I had called the straighten the situation out, one of the workers had the NERVE to tell my bridesmaid that I shouldn't be stressing out and that something was wrong with me. I was stressing out because I had a certification exam that day, rude people! Then when we ordered the shoes, they did not dye them until 2 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING, one of the pairs of shoes was back ordered, and I never got a phone call or any type of communication. Additionally, the woman that I talked to about the color of the shoes, didn't remember what color I wanted (after I provided her with a color swatch which she said she didn't need) and the shoes didn't even match the dresses all that well in the end. But probably the worst part of it was, the shoes SHRANK! My poor bridesmaids had to walk around in shoes that shrunk after they dyed them. This place is terrible and disgusting.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Bella Sposa Bridal and Prom's reply:

While the only thing we serviced in your wedding was your bridesmaid’s shoes, we are very upset that you had such an unsatisfactory experience. We started processing your order immediately. We did ask to have the girls try before we dye as there is nothing that can be done to undo that. Most of the girls did try them and said that they did fit.

In response to your girl who called to order: When we are in an appointment, with a client who is in the store: we focus on that client. While I doubt that you were told “we don’t have time for you.” I have no doubt that your maid may have been deferred to a later time when we were not with clients, or asked to come in as trying on is imperative if we are to assure proper fit. We are sorry that you perceive this as rude. Imagine how the client before us would feel if we scheduled her appointment and then spent that appointment taking care of other phone calls?

We have been in this business for many decades. Decades of experience reveals much about people and their behavior. We will not repeat the comments or observations that were revealed to us, but….in all of our nerve we did not say “something was wrong with you.” What we said is, “In our experience when a bride becomes completely distressed about certain things it is almost always certain that there are greater underlying issues which are adding to her distress.”

There was a change of maids at the last minute and I’m sure this was very stressful to you. In an effort to relieve as much stress as possible we did order new shoes for that girl as well as a second pair (at no extra cost) for another of your girls in an effort to assure proper fit. That final pair of shoes was ordered on 4/30 and on back order and this meant that the entire party of shoes had to wait to be dyed until they arrived. Those shoes finally shipped on 5/22. We started mixing the dye as it is volatile and can not be mixed until it is going to be used. When we started mixing we called to confirm on the color as normal procedure. We paid $73.10 in next day air shipping charges to assure timely delivery, without this they would not have arrived until after the wedding. Even with this they arrived on the Thursday before the wedding, I assure you a stressful situation for all involved. We dyed the shoes on that day. While we understand, personally, a busy schedule and Grandma picked the shoes up Friday morning. We were told the girls did not try on the shoes until Friday 5/24 after 10 pm. We did not hear from you until late morning on 5/25.

In response to the color being ‘wrong’: Dyeables Inc says:

1. The color of your Dyeable shoes will vary from indoor to outdoor lighting due to the presence of ultraviolet light in the natural light spectrum. If your affair is to be outdoors please ask for your shoes to be matched to those conditions.

2. There is no such thing as a perfect color match. Everyone sees color differently; therefore your Dyeables shoes will be dyed to blend with your special ensemble.

3. Each Fabric has it’s very own texture and personality. These traits will contribute to the uniqueness of your Dyeables shoes and should be regarded as adding to the beauty of your Dyeables shoes.

We always match our dye to the day light.
    Dyeables gives no warning in any of their dying advice on shrinkage.

Just a tip to share on satin shoes, we have been dying shoes for over 20 years. Very seldom do they shrink in the dying process. Even when this does happen it can be resolved in 15 minutes. The solution is for the client to put the shoes on and blow dries her shoes on her feet for 15 minutes. This allows the fabric to stretch out for greater comfort.

Our clients are very important to us and we pride ourselves that with hard work we are consistently able to satisfy. We did all that we could to meet your needs and we are saddened to have failed to meet your expectations. We are happy that you were wildly happy with your venue and hope that your day was filled with lots of love, laughter and will provide you with many great memories for years to come.

0.0

I do not recommend this store to anyone. There free services are not free one way or another you are paying for it. We bought a ton of dresses from here and I am disgusted. I took my dress and so did 2 others to another person and she said our dresses were a disaster. It was a very reliable seamstress too. They would say they would do alterations and not actually do them. Words cannot explain how unhappy we were. Very unprofessional. Biggest bridal disaster yet! They definitely know how to get you and they love money! Who knows who is really doing the alterations behind the scenes. There contacts are a bunch if crap too because they know you will not be happy in the end.

Sent on 10/18/2012

Bella Sposa Bridal and Prom's reply:

We had fittings on days that we do not normally have fittings in an effort to satisfy. We had fittings on days which were closed. We bent over backwards to satisfy. Unfortunately in this business no matter how hard you try: you may satisfy most of the people most of the time, but you will never satisfy all of the people all of the time.

We do know who this is as this client proved to be extremely difficult from the time her dress arrived. This woman was so vulgar, rude and obnoxious that we did ultimately work for her for free as it is our policy to make effort to satisfy. We only wanted her to be happy and stop her complaining. I don't know who else works for free or how people can expect us to do that realistically. But she seems to imagine that it is possible. I am certain that neither she nor her family work for free. I'm not sure why they did not take their gowns to their family friend to do those free alterations in the first place.
    I believe she must mean that our “contracts are a bunch of crap.”

Our contract clearly states: "We agree to order the merchandise on the corresponding receipt in the size, color, and/or material you requested. It is important to note that the size you have ordered is a standard size and IS NOT custom made to your measurements. You agree or have tried a gown on to determine best possible sizing and hereby request the size listed on the corresponding invoice. Furthermore you understand that alterations, which are by appointment only, are usually necessary and do result in an additional charge. Alteration charges are never included with the purchase of a gown. Merchandise must be fully paid for prior to any alterations being performed. Because most bridal wear is constructed so that it will fit a wide range of sizes and body variances, do not be alarmed if your dress appears not to fit perfectly during your first fitting, it is absolutely normal. It is necessary that you wear your exact undergarments to all fittings."
    “The alterations department is open Tuesday and Thursdays from 10:00 until 7:00. There are no fittings or pick-ups on Saturday. Please be prepared to come for your fitting during business hours on a week day.”

Of course this woman could not work within those perimeters; all of her fittings had to be on Saturdays. At her first fitting the dress was slightly large. As most well recognize the fit of each garment will be slightly different. She started yanking and pulling at the delicate hand beaded lace it like it was made of steel. She was unhappy that the dress did not fit exactly like the one she had tried when she ordered. We can not control construction. We sent the gown back to the manufacturer and asked them to measure the next dress to be sure it measured accurately. Of course this was at an extra cost and she did not pay, nor did we ask or expect her to. We had fittings on a Sunday for this party in our ultimate effort at customer service. Ironically it is often those who you do the most for and charge the least: they complain the loudest. Clearly this is her final vendetta. Thank you Amy, we wish you the best. We hope your day is full of the joy that it is intended to be.

Laura · Married on 11/21/2008

0.0

I am in a wedding this saturday and I just picked up my bridesmaides dress from them tonight!! The whole experience was a total disaster! I trusted that the girl taking my measurements and ordering the dress was a true professional and knew what she was doing, but that was not the case. I had to go back to the store time after time (6 actually) for fittings. They ended up ordering new fabric to completely remake the skirt and redo the top to fit my bust. Thats not even the worst of it! I have never been treated so rudely in my life. They made me feel that the entire thing was my fault, because, "I signed for the dress!". They continued to charge me for alterations, some of which I did pay for, but the last one I refused to pay when I picked up the dress. When questioned about why they would charge a customer that had such a horrible experience (and I quote), "Well, I need to make a living!" Ha! Thats not my problem lady. They accused me of lying about the kind of shoes I was going to wear in the wedding ( I am 5'1" of course I am going to wear heels! another girl in the wedding party is 6') and then also accused me of switching shoes throughout my fitting appointment! This woman kept commenting on my size at every appointment, she once pulled the front of my dress down in the middle of the store to leave me there in my bra. She made another girl in the wedding party cry when she told her she could stand to lose a few pounds. She just had a baby! The bride complained to ther owner, who I believe is this woman's husband. He said that he fired that girl. Obviously this was a LIE!! I could go on and on about why I will NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE! CUSTOMER SERVICE DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING TO THEM, but MONEY DOES! I never thought As a small business owner myself, I believe in going to family owned businesses, but not this one! Save yourselves and to David's Bridal!!!!

Sent on 09/14/2011

Bella Sposa Bridal and Prom's reply:

We are sorry that you are still so dissatisfied after all of the hours and hours of free services we provided. She paid for one alteration where as if she had chosen an adult size gown she would have had at least 3 alterations to pay for. We have provided a detailed accounting of the 'other side' of this story which can be found on [ http://bridalbellasposa.com/id125.html ] [our web site]. Everyone else in this wedding party (16 other people) many called and stopped in on the following Monday who were all very satisfied. Please note this girl posted this same review in numerous places and has only ever given our store a review.