Bella Calla Reviews

91 | Denver, CO

91 Reviews for Bella Calla

Elizabeth · Married on 10/12/2012

Saying that the flowers at our wedding by Lilli Black with Bella Calla were beautiful doesn't begin to describe how amazing they were. I will never be able to thank her enough for making our wedding the day we imagined.

When I initially met wtih Lilli, we met for two hours and I hadn't even signed a contract with her yet!! That just goes to show you how dedicated she is about ensuring that she is a good fit with her brides. We connected immediately and she continually exceeded my expectations from start to finish.

On the day of our wedding. she arrived to set up for our ceremony, decorate with the centerpieces, and provide flowers throughout the venue. She not only set up flowers, but also hung lanterns for our ceremony and stayed after the ceremony to move the flowers we used for the ceremony to other places throughout the venue. She is truly dedicated to all that she does and is a very talented floral designer.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Eric · Married on 09/29/2012

Where do I begin...Lilli's work for our wedding this past weekend was amazing. I met her randomly at an event several months ago, and at the time we weren't even planning to have flowers because I thought they couldn't fit into our budget. Lilli worked with us so that we had small centerpieces for each table, bouquets, boutonnieres, and even pieces for the arch, at a price that worked for us. She allowed us to borrow the vases for the centerpieces and return them afterwards, which cut down our costs even more.

Since neither of us really knew what we wanted for flowers, we sat down with her at her home studio and went through an entire book of flowers. We noted the colors and types that we liked so that she could choose the best flowers that were fresh and in season. I gave her a couple of pieces to incorporate into my bouquet, and they both worked out beautifully. One was a two-dollar bill (my mom said they're good luck), which she folded into an origami heart. The other was a tiny brass Ganesha (the Hindu god of obstacles) that I had picked up in India. These things made the bouquet really "mine" and added sentimental value.

On the day of the wedding she showed up with extra pieces for the tables and a boutonniere for our usher. She took the time to get to know us and added extra details to my bridal bouquet that literally brought me to tears. The variety and quality of the flowers exceeded our expectations, and she incorporated different shapes and textures to make each piece unique.

To sum up this review, we'd hire Lilli again in an instant. We feel so fortunate to have met her. She is an artist, and I would absolutely recommend allowing her the freedom to "do her thing," as we did. You will not be disappointed!

-Sam and Eric

Sent on 10/02/2012

Laura · Married on 08/17/2012

Lilli did my wedding on August 17th. I have to say that of all my vendors and people I used to make my wedding happen, the overall result or her work was the best. I was so blown away by the flowers she produced for my day. The price was very low for the amount of flowers I got compared to what other flower vendors quoted me as well. Lilli is an extreamly nice person and made me feel so comfortable during the whole process. From the first time we met, until the actual day, she was very informative and discriptive with what she was going to produce. She is an excellent artist and any bride would be lucky to work with her on their wedding! Thanks Lilli!

Sent on 08/29/2012

Bella Calla's reply:

It helps that I have awesome brides with awesome taste! Thanks for making my job so easy, Laura!

Margaret · Married on 07/07/2012

Of all my wedding vendors, I am the most grateful for Lilli Black, She took my greatest apprehension (the flowers) and created a triumph.

I studied mathematics in school, and I've killed virtually every plant I've ever owned so it's not an exaggeration to say that I had no idea what to do when it came to flowers for our July wedding. All I knew is that I liked fluffy garden roses and the general color scheme for the bouquets. Lilli scheduled as many meetings and fielded as many phone calls as it took for me to articulate what I needed and wanted, she helped me determine that I liked "romantic" flowers and was able to tell me what flowers would be in season in the colors I needed. She was also able to think outside the box and came up with a killer flower for the boys boutonnieres that actually came in navy, Navy! (I didn't believe that there was such a thing) The biggest question mark for me was the table centerpieces, my husband is a librarian and I had decorated a series of books to be used in the centerpieces but I still wanted flowers encorporated. Lilly and I came up with a price point for these flowers but I had no idea what else should be done. I decided to leave it up to her best judgement which was obviously a good choice.

The results:
    Bridal Bouquet; gorgeous, somehow Lilli managed to find late season cream peoneys whcih gave the bouquet an amazing fragrance. She also had the aforementioned peach garden roses, as well as white anemones with navy (again) centers. The bouquet was wrapped in navy ribbon and lace from my Grandmother's wedding gown that was later worn by my mother.
    Bridesmaid Bouquets; beautiful, we'd had a long discussion about coral/peach hypercium berries and Lilli had warned that it was early in the season, and that these would be hard to find, but sure enough her flower magic came through!
    Boutonnieres; Sea Holly, look it up, it's the most masculine flower I've ever seen
    Buffet piece; tall, elegant, peach gladiolas that Lilli found and though were just the perfect color (she was right)
    Centerpieces; I don't know how she did it, somehow the flowers worked with the books I'd crafted even though she didn't have access to them until the day of. I can't get over how beautiful everything looked, it was just amazing. She also had some extra blooms "laying around" (her words) so she went ahead and added flowers to our bar and cocktail tables, she's just that kinda woman

Lilli, Thank you

Sent on 07/29/2012

Bella Calla's reply:

And Margaret and her mom were absolutely fabulous to work with. I love my clients! Thanks to her and all the other brides who let me do this awesome thing for a living! Working with and for you guys makes my dreams come true!

Hiring Lilli was the best decision we made for our wedding! She was our florist, our day-of-coordinator, and she also provided our wedding favors.
    The only not 5-star here is because she mis-noted the day of the walkthrough and my mom had to reschedule. However, this could happen to anyone and the exception proves the rule--Lilli and her team are professional, knowledgable, and on the ball.
    The flowers were absolutely lovely. We had a hiccup about miscommunication of the number of tables, but she had brought extras, as she always does, and all our tables got decorated. It really was a bargain for the flowers--many florists won't even talk to you if your budget is under $2,000, Bella Calla worked with us to create lovely and memorable pieces for under that!
    Lilli as our day-of-coordinator was a lifesaver. We had a ripped cummerbund, a snag on my dress, a corset to be redone, extra announcements to ask the DJ to make... and all of it was taken care of in the blink of an eye.
    She worked with our venue and other vendors to make everything seamless for us. Did I have to do a thing when it started snowing and the DJ had to move cocktail hour inside? Nope. It was just done. It was so nice to just leave my phone in the car all night, and also nice to not have to appoint my mom or a bridesmaid as the vendor contact.
    Couldn't recommend her more. Best money we spent in the wedding.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Robin · Married on 07/19/2014

Lilli and her team did an amazing job with my wedding. I sat down with Lilli early on in my planning process and she reviewed various flowers with me, got a feel for my style and executed in perfect fashion. I had so many comments from guests on how beautiful the table arrangements and bouquets were. I also rented the chuppah from them and it was lovely for my outdoor wedding. I feel as though the floral design was once piece I did not have to worry about with the team at Bella Calla!

Sent on 09/09/2014

Elise · Married on 06/28/2014

We were very impressed with Bella Calla. I felt really comfortable with Lilli's choices and that she knew our vision for our day. She had several ideas and helped create center pieces and other ideas that we were unsure of. Everything was beautifully done on our wedding day and we appreciated how smoothly everything went and the extra attention to detail.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Lillli at Bella Calla provided our centerpieces, bridal bouquet, groom's flowers, huppah flowers, and hair flowers. Though obviously busy with other orders, she was responsive and helpful throughout the planning process and I loved my bouquet and centerpieces. There was a bit of miscommunication regarding returning the rental table numbers and flower boxes, but that was resolved quickly. I would recommend Lilli's services to other brides and found her to be very easy to work with especially considering we had a destination wedding and had to do most of the communication by e-mail.

Sent on 09/07/2013

Adriana · Married on 09/21/2014

I'm a very picky and detailed person but Bella Calla was able to understand exactly what I wanted and the colors I wanted for the flowers for my weding. They also did an amazing job covering the arch for the ceremony. I highly recommend her if you want your wedding to be just perfect!!!

Sent on 10/19/2014

Jo-Ann · Married on 06/14/2014

Lilli 's creativity provided a wonderful atmosphere for my daughters wedding with her choice of
    flowers and colors, high/low center pieces, bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquets as well as
    floral arrangements in the windows of the carriage house at Crooked Willow Farms and the hanging glass arrangements for the ceremony under the pergola. We received many compliments on
    Lilli's creations from our guests!

Sent on 06/28/2014

Gorgeous flowers, tremendous value. Lilly worked very closely with our wedding coordinator and was very helpful in developing the overall vision of our wedding.

M · Married on 09/14/2013

Bella Calla did a great job with the flowers for our wedding. I really don’t know much about flowers. Lilli was willing to take the time before I ever booked her to draw several pictures based on my descriptions in our phone discussion and the random pictures I sent her, and took the time to work with me on bringing my vision to reality. The pricing is reasonable, the communication was prompt and effective, the company is knowledgeable about what they do, they are professional, they were on time, and Lilli found ways to efficiently work with my somewhat smaller budget. I had the most beautiful, bright colored bouquet, which they were able to create based on my very bad descriptions—impressive! I highly recommend Bella Calla. We received many compliments from our guests on the floral arrangements.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Jeannie · Married on 10/29/2016

We were so impressed by Lilli and her team's work. I knew when we chose them as our florist and after our two hour meeting they would do a great job, but they truly blew it out of the water. It was like my dreams and inspiration leapt from the photos on Pinterest into our hands. From the colors, the texture, to the types of flowers and the minute details they truly made my dream come to life.

Sent on 01/23/2017

Minta · Married on 10/10/2015

3.0
      2.5

I thought the overall vision was understood by the owner, but when I saw the finished product at the reception venue, I was very disappointed. The tall centerpieces were sparse and underwhelming. She had mentioned adding less expensive flowers to the tall arrangements to create volume, but this did not appear to have been done. They also lacked the draping crystals we had talked about at our initial meeting. We had agreed to have a tall focal piece at the escort table, but my wedding planner needed to add flowers to this to make it look presentable.

I felt mislead by this vendor, and would not recommend to future clients.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Bella Calla's reply:

I had very frank discussions with this client, and her wedding planner about the level of decor she was getting, versus the enormously more expensive photos she sent me. The images she liked were of budgets 10 times what she had to spend, and some of the centerpiece photos she sent were of pieces that would have taken up her entire budget on one table.

I'm happy to send photos of our work to anyone who is interested.

I am sorry that you're sad about what you ended up with for your wedding, Minta. I was very clear about the size and feel of the event for your budget.

Tiffany · Married on 07/20/2014

2.6
      2.0
      1.0
      2.0

I really liked the bouquets I saw online and in the profile when I met with Lilli initially. I was so excited to use Bella Calla. I ended up paying more than our budget for flowers. The comment was initially made that "there are other florists who would do it for less, but you are paying for quality and experience, we are one of the best in Denver". The comment struck me as a tad inappropriate and audacious but I went with it and liked what I saw in her portfolio.
    I loved my bridal bouquet. She nailed the color scheme, the flower varietals and overall look I was hoping for. I was really disappointed, however, in my bridesmaids' bouquets....instead of being mini versions of my bouquet but less elaborate in color, the florist chose to do primarily cream hydrangea (a beautiful filler flower, fairly inexpensive) with just a few other colorful flowers in there to match the color scheme. Literally like 5-10 actual petite flowers scattered around the hydrangea. They looked cheap (and my price tag was not inexpensive) I was disappointed, it was very different from what we had agreed on... and it was my wedding day...so what can you really do at that point? Nothing but not stress about it and enjoy.

Heather · Married on 08/16/2014

0.4
      0.5

I had really high hopes for this florist. She was recommended to me by a couple of other people that I trusted and after seeing the reviews and pictures of their work, I was very excited and totally comfortable with choosing them for my wedding.

I was wrong do so.

I gave this florist a necklace that belonged to my best friend that passed away to be incorporated in my bouquet. I was very clear that this necklace was important. On the day of the wedding, I went to pick up my bouquet at the florist, which wasn't ready yet so I waited in the lobby about 10 minutes. One of the assistants (female, didn't get her name) then came out and handed me my bouquet without a word. When I looked, I noticed that much of my friend's necklace was missing. I told the assistant this and she denied it. After I insisted a couple of times (which I should NOT have had to do in the first place), she finally went to the back to ask the florist, Lilli Black. The assistant came back and said that Lilli told her that "it just broke" and continued to make excuses, even after I reiterated the importance of the necklace. When I asked why I was just now finding out the necklace had been broken, on my wedding day, she informed me that it had just happened, presumably while I was waiting in the lobby. This necklace was very important to me, obviously, and was borrowed from my friend's mother. I became very upset and cried while trying to tell the assistant this fact. The assistant was very rude, straight-faced, and showed zero remorse or compassion. I was never ONCE apologized to. I was never ONCE spoken to by Lilli Black.

To say that this was the worst experience of my wedding is an understatement of gigantic proportions. I am still extremely upset. That necklace was irreplaceable. I will NEVER use this florist again and I hope none of you use them either, especially if it requires you to entrust them with anything special to you. If I could give zero stars for this review, I would.