66 Reviews for Bella Bridesmaids

Flower Girls (1)
Bride (1)
66 Bella Bridesmaids Reviews

0.6

I have had many experiences with Bella bridesmaids and they have all been AWFUL!!!! A few examples: they charged me just to come in and try on a dress - I thought trying on clothes was free and part of your right as a customer. They also forced me to pay a $50 rush fee when ordering a dress in August for a wedding in December. I then got the dress 2 months early. They also convinced me to order a size up in a wrap dress and they dress was huge. On top of the $400 dress, $50 in a rush free, I now have to pay $80 in alterations. They are not flexible, reasonable or convenient. I highly don't recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/8/18, 1 Review
1.0

Dealing with Bella Bridesmaids has been the worst part of my wedding planning experience. I visited the showroom in NYC (which is pretty unattractive) and selected a dress with my Maid of Honor. I also needed to order for my sister-in-law and was told that I could easily place the orders in the online showroom. I was told that I would receive a final contract once the orders had been entered online. However, I never received a final contract, I don't know if my sister-in-law's dress is being shipped to her home as requested; in fact I don't even know if the order has been placed at all. I got one email response from the team, about 5 days after I wrote to them. Now I can't get anyone to write back or call. This is one of the worst customer service experiences I've ever had and I still have no idea about the status of my order. Do yourself a favor and buy your dresses elsewhere, where you'll be treated with courtesy by professionals.

Profile Picture Aimee, 9/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Had some issues with sizing, but after working with the owners, they helped me out a lot to fix the problem, which I greatly appreciated!

Profile Picture Alana, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Lauren and her Bella crew are simply A-mazing! If there was a way to give you 10 stars I would!!
I would have to say they have the largest selection of bridesmaids dresses in town! We decided to work with Lauren after shopping other wedding dress/bridesmaid stores and the customer service and selections were incomparable. Lauren is very knowledgeable with her craft and is able to help select the perfect dress for your body type, taste and style! I have 3 weddings to get bridesmaids dresses for and I am buying them all at Bella!
Thanks Lauren and staff for being such a class act!
Will definitely refer you to all my friends getting married!

Profile Picture Tammy, 12/9/17, 1 Review
1.0

My experience with Bella is the reason why so many brides fear getting ripped off during wedding planning.
First of all, understand that this is a franchisee model. Meaning, even if your consultant says it will be easy to ship dresses to local Bella stores for out-of-state bridesmaids, it is actually not possible. The stores have no contact with one another and their policy is to ship to a resident address and not another store. This misinformation cost my bridesmaids confusion and money for the expedited shipping (it's the only option on the form).
Second was the misinformation about pricing. The website shows a group rate, around 10% discounted from the MSRP you would pay directly from the designer. This is the only reason I did not go directly to a designer, there appeared to be a cost-benefit to shopping with Bella. We were also encouraged to take advantage of a current deal via social media that would provide AN ADDITIONAL 10% DISCOUNT. When we ordered, this was in fact, a lie. They claimed the promotion was the group rate, which makes no sense because the group rate on the site is automatic.
Lastly, Bella customer service in NYC is awful. The store is poorly organized, old, and cramped. They rushed our group and provided no helpful direction. The consultant just stood there and told us what they didn't carry rather than pulling dresses to make the appointment productive. I felt like we were in a second hand store with how tattered and poorly maintained the samples were. They also refused to take my girls' measurements so we could order that day because they "don't do measurements on weekends" even though we had time left in the appt. The consultant did not explain the order process, shipping, or pricing properly, the measurements are inconsistent and no one has even called me to clear up the confusion. A terrible experience from start to finish.
Oh and the cherry on top: no in-house alterations. Why would anyone come here?

Profile Picture User6997325, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
0.5

I'd just like to express how disappointing our experience has been thus far with Bella. We're a fairly large group of bridesmaids spread out across the country so we figured Bella would be a convenient way for all of us to try on and order our dresses. It started off well enough, those around NYC met in the showroom there and found dresses we loved, which we all planned on ordering in different styles from the same designer and same color. Those in other states went to their local Bellas and tried on the styles there as well. The first red flag came when we went to order the dresses. I tried to order from my local Bella in central NJ, and they informed me that I had to order and pick up from the NYC location because that's where the main order was started and none of the stores are related. This was NEVER explained to us by the NYC Bella or our consultant and they very clearly knew we had girls all over the country. Now we either had to have someone pick up the dresses from NYC and distribute them somehow or we all had to pay an ABSURD shipping charge ($25). $25 for shipping? When we could have ordered the exact same dresses from Nordstrom, BHLDN, Revolve, and other free shipping sites? This is 2018. Way to nickle and dime your customers. But still, we didn't want to make our bride's life harder so we all ordered by our order deadline and forked over the shipping fee. Nearly 2 months later none of us had been charged for the dresses yet which was concerning. We come to find there was a "production delay" in 2 of the styles which meant we'd all have to rearrange styles. Fast forward to a bit later and we find out there are delays with ANOTHER style, limiting us to 3 out of the original 6 we had chosen from. We're 4 months out from the wedding at this point and now we've all rearranged styles again. Our new style orders were placed no waiving of the shipping fee (so insane) and no further discount/compensation. I just pray we get the dresses before the wedding!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/30/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids, Formal Gowns

Working with Bella Bridesmaids was easy and they were extremely accommodating. I worked with Katherine who was very sweet and took time to get to know each of my bridesmaids and suggested styles that would work for them. Bella had a lot of options. The dress I came in looking for (they had) ended up not being the one we chose, so it was amazing that had so many other options. Bella followed up with me frequently to make sure the order was in on time, and I LOVED the feature that allowed me to see when each of my maids had placed their orders. I highly recommend Bella!

Profile Picture Jane, 9/3/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Formal Gowns

Great selection of dresses - consultants are very helpful and friendly!

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/24/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids, Flower Girls, Formal Gowns

The ladies at Bella were very helpful during the dress search. The dresses arrived in a timely manner and they even helped us find a seamstress (who we loved).

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/20/17, 11 Reviews
0.8

Hello all Brides and Bridesmaids,

I wanted to share my story with you as Bellas is the WORST vendor I have ever worked with in my 15+ years in the bridal industry – you should NEVER USE THIS VENDOR BLACK LIST THEM FOREVER.
Here is my story:
We went into Bella’s Bridesmaids and found an absolutely perfect bridesmaid dress. They measured my sister, we ordered the dress and 3 months later it arrived. We ordered the size (0) based off of the measurements that Bella’s did and they told us "she falls in between a 00 and a 0 so order a 0". The dress arrives and my sister can barely get it up her back, it is way too small.
Bella’s then insists this must be a manufacturer flaw so they make us drive to NJ to one of "their" seamstresses to validate my sister's measurements. To our surprise the Bella employee measured my sister 5+ inches smaller in her bust than she actually was. When we called Bella’s and shared her actual measurements they insisted they did not mess up and that her body must have "changed" even though she would have had to have breast implants for that drastic of a change in 3 months.
They told us it was our fault and her body must have changed and they would not pay for the new dress - so two months before my wedding I have had to rush ship a new dress that may not even come in time. Bella's had absolutely the worst leadership, customer service, and morals. DO NOT EVER USE BELLAS BRIDESMAIDS - ALL BRIDES. Every brand they have you can find at another vendor or go directly to the designer. I don't wish this stress on anyone especially since we did nothing wrong and we were blamed my sister's "body" change, and now we have to buy her a brand new dress (they don't do returns or exchanges).

Profile Picture Alyssa, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

One of my bridesmaid's lived out of the country, and her only chance to try on dresses was a last minute day in New York City. Not only were we able to get an appointment, but the staff were so professional and helpful. My friend is EXTREMELY petite and they made her feel comfortable and worked extra hard to see how the dress could look if fitted properly. The staff also really cared about the bride/bridesmaid relationship and made me feel excited about the experience.

Profile Picture Meghann, 10/29/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Bridesmaids
3.8

They had many major dress designers and lots of styles to choose from. They made ordering easy for all my bridesmaids (half of which were out-of-state!).

Profile Picture User7358200, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
0.8

IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE, TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE. GO TO GOODWILL OR YOUR AUNT CAROL'S ATTIC IF YOU HAVE TO, BUT AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Prologue: I have to assume if you're reading reviews, you want to know what you're getting into with a vendor. I'm sure some have had seamless experiences with Bella (I call these people "The Chosen Ones"), but what I experienced was such a flagrant insult to common sense and customer care that it's safe to say I regret subjecting myself and my lovelies to Bella's "service".

Chapter 1: Location, Location, Location
Bella writes on their website, "Our online order form makes ordering a breeze - whether bridesmaids live in Boston or Brazil!" This is so carefully worded it almost impresses me. OF COURSE ordering is easy. A company will reduce any friction to getting money in the door. The snag here is whether it's "a breeze" if you want to pay for your dress or have it shipped.

One of the reasons we chose Bella was because they had locations in each of my bridesmaids' cities. In theory, it would have been great because each could go to the store, order their dress, and be done with it. Not so. Bella is on a franchise model, so they require you to order all of your dresses from a single shop, playing on your nuptial anxieties that the "die lot won't match" if you order separately. Then they charge everyone shipping, despite the local stores' existences. There should be a Hunger Games where companies survive based on how well they treat their clients. Bella would die first (preferably by Tracker Jackers), and the bridal industry would have no chance to mourn its weakest link.

The irony that echoes from Boston to Brazil is that Bella doesn't accommodate international purchasing/shipping. This was inconvenient to both our London bridesmaid and to the concept of logic.

Chapter 2: If A = B and B = C, then A must certainly equal 9 Bella airheads
(For the rest of my review, please see Yelp)

Profile Picture User6928262, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
1.2

Hello Fellow Bridesmaids ! I am looking through all of these reviews and I am truly jealous of the ladies that had a wonderful experience at Bella.
Because , unfortunately, that was not the case for me.
I am a busty woman . I have a bigger bust, than my friends .
So it can be challenging, when looking for a MODEST dress.
So I go into Bella, explaining this, i want a MODEST DRESS
Problem #1 - The Bella Employee only let me try on ONE DRESS . "due to the fact they were relocating, n were short on dresses"
I asked to try on other ones i was clearly seeing in the back.
Point is she refused.
Problem #2 - Not only was the wait of arrival 3 MONTHS, but when it FINALLLLLY came in, guess what ?
Thats Right, I was measured wrong, n the whole TOP part of the dress was falling down, exposing EVERYTHING i told her i needed to cover.
She told me, "it was simply the straps" ha, what a joke
Problem #3 - THEY DONT EVEN HAVE A SEAMSTRESSS ON HAND !!!!!!! -_-
Even Davids Bridal Has One !!!!! C'MON
I go to MY seamstress, and everythng that neeeds to be done to my dresss, would cost an arm, and a leg
Problem #4 - When I address my problem to Bella . They refuse to help me !
They telll me "I should feel privileged, to have a great bust, & I should WANT to show it off" ..... are you .. kidding ?!?!

SUPER LONG STORY, short . . . Dont Shop Here . Just Dont. I Will Never, Ever Recommend This Shop To Anyone . Their Customee Service is HORRIBLE .

Not Only Do The Dresses Cost a Ton, But Then They Make My Dress WRONG, & Offer 0 Help ?

Run Away, Far, Far Away, From Bella Bridesmaids !!!!

Profile Picture Coralee, 8/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Wedding Planning
3.9

Bella Bridesmaids was quick to respond, helpful, and easy to work with. When I first went to their location on 8th Avenue I was a little nervous. It's not what you would expect with little space and no real waiting room. However, the staff was very friendly and attentive. They helped me find the dresses I liked and then coordinated my bridesmaids during their fittings. The ordering process can seem confusing at first but it becomes clearer once the order is official. I would definitely recommend Bella Bridesmaids for their wide variety of designs and dresses as well as their reliable service.

Edit: My sister advised that she was going to be pregnant the time of the wedding and tried to order a larger dress. She even said she would sign something saying it was her choice to order a size "not recommended" for her current body. Well, they refused. She ordered the dress ($250) and then at 8 months pregnant there was no way it could be altered. What a waste. Can't return it either.

Profile Picture Kaylene, 8/20/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids, Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns

Working with Bella was a very easy and simple experience. They were good about letting us come in last minute for appointments and they were very organized in the ordering process. They let me know of trunk shows in their studio that were for the designer, Johanna August, I was interested in. Overall it was a very positive experience.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 7/23/16, 5 Reviews
4.2

Overall my experience with Bella Bridesmaids in NYC was good. I had 12 bridesmaids so there was a lot of room for error. Luckily there were no major mess-ups. What went well: Good selection of dresses - better than the two other stores we visited in NYC. The staff was friendly and responded quickly via email. I had 3 girls living out of state who were able to order their dresses online. One of the girls was able to go to a Bella location near her to try on the dresses and she was able to order and pick up her dress in store. The dresses came in 2 weeks earlier than expected. The color was perfect and there were no ordering issues (each of my girls received the style of dress that she requested). I received a discount given the number of bridesmaids I had. What could have gone better: It was somewhat difficult to make the initial appointment and equally as difficult getting as many of my 12 bridesmaids as possible in there to try on the dress options and get sized. That’s a lot of girls so understandable however they typically don’t do fittings on the weekend which is not okay. One style dress that was ordered by two of my bridesmaids (each bridesmaid got to pick her style of choice) did not have a zipper. Everyone that tried on this particular style including myself, did not realize this when we tried the dress on in store because the sample was so large that we just slipped it right on (no need to even look for a zipper). Well when the dress was delivered both girls had a tremendous amount of trouble getting it on. It was impossible to step into the dress and get it over the hips and it was equally as difficult putting it on over head without two other people helping (try dong this with full hair and makeup done!) Well it turned out that one of the girls had no choice but to get a zipper put in. I emailed the staff about this and they did acknowledge my frustration and said they would be sure to point this out to costumers in the future.

Profile Picture User7217365, 2+ years ago, 14 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This place - amazing. I had 9 bridesmaid - wanted 4 different neutral colors - and every bridesmaid to get their own style. This was a tall order.

I went in for my first color picking - and thought I had it. Went home - and just didn't like one of the colors. No problem - they had me come back in and a consultant when I felt something was missing from the scheme came over and said here try this color - and BOOM we had it. Ultimately - we went with tulle Jenny Yoo dresses and crinkle chiffon Amsale dresses. They were perfect.

The ordering process was next - and we had discounts with trunk shows. They were ON TOP of ensuring all the maids had their orders in on time and were very clear on timeline expectations. I also had a few maids call in with questions about post pregnancy sizes, maybe being pregnant, etc. questions - they were so kind and helpful.

These dresses and schema looked AMAZING against the backdrops and folks were stunned on just how well it worked. What I didn't want was a block of 9 people in the same color and Bella really helped me mix & match and nailed it. Thank you!

Make sure you set your appointments early - they have busy seasons and you don't want to lose out on this amazing experience.

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/25/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Formal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Bridesmaids

I loved working with Bella NYC! They were super fun and easy to work with. I went to another store before Bella and there was no comparison to the experience at Bella. At the other store, the sales women just stood there and didn't offer any advice, make suggestions, or pull dresses that I may not have thought of based on what I said I was looking for. They basically just watched while my bridesmaids and I wandered around the store pulling dresses. And then when we said what we did or didn't like about a certain dress they never made suggestions. Bella was the EXACT opposite! The sales women were very knowledgeable about the designers and dresses in stock and were really helpful when it came time to figuring out what I wanted. I was debating between same color/different designs and same design/different colors, and the sales woman was super patient while I figured out. They kept making suggestions based on what I liked or didn't like about dresses as we tried them on. I never felt rushed during the appointment and it was overall a really fun experience. And then when I called to change my color two days after making my selection, they made it happen.

Profile Picture User5114345, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
1.0

TERRIBLE COMPANY. Do NOT use Bella Bridesmaid. They have horrific customer service and constantly disappoint. They clearly messed up an order for one of my bridesmaids and would not correct it. We were spending over $1,200 with them and they wouldn't replace a mis-printed dress. They do not respect their customers and have a terrible business model. I would never ever give them business again and hope that no one else does either. Not worth it.

Profile Picture User7256668, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

In the past I have gone to numerous stores for bridesmaids dresses for weddings I have been in and hands down Bella bridesmaids is the place to go. I have 7 bridesmaids who all ordered their dresses at different times and they made everything so easy and were always there if i had any questions. The dresses came in so quickly and all fit great! Great customer service. This is the only place I would recommend going! Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Nikki, 4/30/16, 3 Reviews
3.6

I'm writing a review for the NYC location. The stylist we had was very nice but I felt like there was an overall lack of communication with Bella.

PROS: I thought they had a great selection and the dresses were in decent condition. They sometimes offer group rates if all bridesmaids order by a certain date - so be sure to ask about that. Also, if you're in NYC you can order to the NJ location in Madison and save on tax and shipping which saves your bridesmaids money so that is great they offer that.

CONS : I felt like I had to ask a lot of the questions and pull her over to see specific dresses where she should have asked me off the bat and the questions I was asking should be part of their whole service (like how do we order, do you do alterations, etc.) She told me the dresses would arrive for 3/28 for a 4/23 wedding and then when I booked my dresses it showed as arriving mid April. When I called to ask why it was pushed later I wasn't met with the warmest of responses. The woman on the phone kept making it seem like I was in the wrong and the stylist should have told me all of this already which put me off a little. Regardless, they adjusted the date for me and sent a new contract quickly but had I not called to check it would have been wrong so definitely be sure to read EVERYTHING over before you sign. Also, one of my bridesmaids is on the taller side and has been contacted multiple times regarding the extra length which she's already confirmed that she needed and ordered. I just wish they were a little more on top of things on their end.

Profile Picture Liz, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I could not be happier with my experience with Bella Bridesmaids. I visited the NYC location with 4/5 of my bridesmaids and not only did we have a wonderful time there, but we found absolutely gorgeous dresses that I can honestly say my bridesmaids are excited to wear - how many people can say that?! My fifth bridesmaid visited the Raleigh location and also had a lovely experience, and my fiance has a girl on his side, who also had a positive experience with Bella in San Francisco!

I think Bella Bridesmaids' true strength lies in their communication. I was very surprised to read any negative reviews regarding this, as all responses have been almost immediate and Bella has been extremely flexible with us. They even helped me brainstorm an approach for what my autistic sister could wear (as my symbolic maid of honor) to be comfortable during the wedding. My bridesmaids have repeatedly commented on how happy they have been with Bella's service.

We haven't received our dresses yet as we just placed the order not long ago, but I could not be happier thus far and can't wait to see my bridesmaids in their beautiful gowns!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews
2.6

In my experience, Bella Bridesmaids has been so disorganized and not on top of things. I have been correcting their mistakes at every step.
The only pros to using them as a vendor for bridesmaid dresses are that they are in multiple locations around the US, which is good if your bridesmaids are spread out, and they have a large (and good) selection of designers to choose from.
I had selected floor length chiffon dresses for my group, and allowed them to choose from a selection of different styles.
However, when a couple of my friends went in to try on dresses, the associates at Bella provided them lace (not chiffon) dresses to try, and said "you should try this since you're the maid of honor". First of all, they were not the MOHs. Second of all, they did not even consult me about this, they just suggested it to my friends AND allowed them to select the dress without contacting me. I had to call my friends and ask them to choose another style, and call Bella and ask them to switch it.

Next, when my dresses came in: half of the girls selected home delivery, and half selected in-store pickup. The home delivery half received their dresses, but the in-store pickup half were not even notified their dresses had come in (nor was I). Again, I had to reach out to Bella to ask what was up? Low and behold, the dresses were there and ready, but nobody cared to let us know.

Overall, pretty difficult to work with, and just a headache with every step.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridesmaids

Bella NYC is the place to go for bridesmaid dresses! I shopped there for my best friends wedding and I knew I would return when it was time for my girls to get their dresses. Their selection is HUGE!! They have all the dresses you see on blogs, websites, etc. The staff was so fun to work with and very honest. They were great with all of my girls, all of different sizes. We even had to order one of the dresses months after the initial order and the staff was certain it would arrive on time. I cannot say enough about how great they were and I recommend them to everyone. Just note each location has a different owner and not all Bella sores have such an array of selection.

Profile Picture Stefanie, 4/3/16, 3 Reviews