Bel Momento Weddings & Special Events Reviews

55 | Ocean City, NJ

55 Reviews for Bel Momento Weddings & Special Events

Erin · Married on 09/24/2011

Kristin and Jody from Bel Momento are fabulous. You may think that a wedding coordinator is not necessary (especially if you are near the end of your planning), but you will enjoy your wedding day much more if Kristin and Jody are by your side making sure all your vendors show up and and are doing as expected. They also tailored their services toward my needs which was great! I hired them towards the end of my wedding planning to help coordinate on my big day and ensure everything went perfectly. I was planning my wedding from out of state so I spoke with them mostly by phone up until the week of the wedding. They were also really helpful to me because I brought in a bunch of stuff to the wedding venue that I made myself (place cards, charger plates, table numbers, guest favors, pictures of family and family momento used in the ceremony) that Kristin ensured were all in the correct locations. Having them work with me the month of the wedding and on my wedding day made it stress free and perfect.

Kristin is super organized, asks and takes care of all the things I didn't think of, is very personable, reponsive to my e-mails, honest about other vendors and their prices, and able to deal with lots of different opinions and personalities (believe me...my family has their fair share). Nothing was a big deal to her and she always calmed me down immediately.

Jody was by my side during my entire wedding day. She helped me get into my dress (is a PRO at buttoning the many wedding dress buttons) and made sure I looked perfect going down the aisle. I took pictures before the wedding so Jody was in the limo with me, helping to direct the driver, holding my bouquet, and helping me in and out of the limo (which in a wedding dress can be quite challenging!). When we were walking to picture locations she was holding my train and helping pose shots. I felt very good that she was there with me the whole time.

Hire Kristin and Jody. They are both great and I highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 01/02/2012

Lynzy · Married on 09/17/2011

We worked with Kristin from about a year prior to our wedding day, all the way through to the big day -- and I'm so glad we chose to hire her. She had extensive knowledge as far as working with vendors and made me feel confident with all of our decisions. Any random thought that I had, I would email or call her about and she would help in the decision-making process or offer creative suggestions to help us along the way. We felt much more relaxed knowing that Kristin was there for us throughout our planning process. I am SUPER indecisive, so it was important to have an outside opinion on many of my ideas and she was very patient with me and helped fine-tune the visions we had.
    The weekend of the wedding went so smoothly, thanks to her, Jody and Angelina - they were wonderful to work with, coordinated all of the minute details of the rehearsal and wedding day and were prepared for the unexpected -- rain on our beach wedding day! Their quick thinking and preparedness allowed a smooth transition from what was originally planned to be a beach ceremony into an indoor ceremony at our reception venue, and while we were disappointed that our ceremony couldn't be held on the beach, the indoor ceremony proved to be just as special, thanks to them. I can't thank Kristin and her team enough for all of their assistance with our wedding, and would highly recommend them to future brides.

Sent on 12/14/2011

Karen · Married on 09/10/2011

The best decision we made in our wedding planning was bringing Kristin and Jody from Bel Momento on board. We hired them as day-of coordinators but they spent more than a month working with me and my family as we planned our beach wedding. No detail was too big or too small for this awesome team to tackle with creativity, efficiency and a graceful touch. Kristin and Jody made everything run smoothly and allowed me and my family to enjoy the wedding weekend and not worry about last minute issues that popped up (as they inevitably do!). They had great suggestions on finishing touches for the ceremony and reception and helpful ideas for ways to make things go smoother. The most important reason I would highly recommend Kristin and Jody is their ability to seamlessly integrate into my (sometimes crazy) family during such a stressful and exciting time. We felt totally comfortable with them and by the end of the weekend, felt like they were part of the extended family. They suggested tweaks when they felt they had a good idea and stood back when they knew that I had a way that I wanted to do something. It was the perfect touch and reflects their experience and professional. If you are deciding whether you need a coordinator, I strongly recommend doing it for all the little things that come up that you won’t anticipate – and Kristin and Jody are the best team in South Jersey.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Alicia · Married on 08/27/2011

Kristin and Jody are absolutely fabulous. Unfortunately, our wedding fell the weekend of Hurricane Irene, so not only did they plan a wedding, but they planned 2 weddings for us! They were very knowledgable, flexible, aggressive for you toward other vendors. Not only were they nice people, but they were fun to work with. They offered all kinds of ideas for every part of your wedding day that you wouldn't necessary think of. They were a true blessing for our chaotic wedding day that didn't almost happen! They saved our wedding day!

Sent on 01/04/2012

David · Married on 07/16/2011

My husband & I worked with Kristin of Bel Momento for over a year & enjoyed every minute of it. We're both from central Jersey but love Philadelphia so we decided to celebrate our wedding there. However, because of the distance & our jobs, we knew we were going to need expert help. When it came to planning our wedding, my husband & I didn't have a clue where to start...especially in Philly! As soon as we met Kristin, we knew she was perfect. She was so knowledgeable & personable & always had our best interest at heart. We knew we could trust that she would bring our vision to life. She was so involved in the planning that at times my husband & I didn't have much to do because Kristin was handling it all. It was so nice to know we could relax because we had Kristin in our corner. Another great thing was that we didn't have to worry about keeping in contact with the vendors. Kristin was in constant communication with them & kept us in the loop the whole time (another thing taken off our plates). The day of the wedding was so relaxing & enjoyable because Kristin & her assistant Jodi had everything under control. They were so organized, kept us on time & were so much fun to be around. As with any wedding, we had an unexpected minor issue that came up however, Kristin & Jodi were so great at damage control that it all got resolved & I didn't know a thing about it the entire time. There are so many more things I can say about Kristin & her team but to sum it up, if you're planning a wedding in South Jersey or Philly, Kristin is your girl. Anyone who chooses Kristin as their planner is lucky & is sure to have the wedding of their dreams. She has a wealth of knowledge, has tons of connections & is truly a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 03/22/2012

A · Married on 07/03/2011

Kristin at Bel Momento planned our beach wedding this July, 2011, and her expertise and help made our wedding day absolutely perfect. We first considered hiring her only as a day-of-coordinator, due to the fact that we were trying to coordinate the beach wedding in a completely separate location from our reception, and we did not want to have to set up the beach ourselves. However, we decided to use her to help plan the whole wedding, and it was the best decision we made.

Leading up the wedding, she suggested very affordable and professional vendors that all did a fantastic job, and helped guide us in our vision for our wedding. Everything came together so well, and our beach theme was carried through to all elements of the wedding.

We did not have to worry about anything the day of the actually wedding, because Kristin and Jody ran around setting up not only the beach ceremony, but the country club reception as well, while also coming to our beach house as we set up to deliver flowers and coordinate the pictures we were taking beforehand. It was so nice to be able to just enjoy the day before the wedding and the day of the wedding, and not have to stress about vendors not showing, who we had to tip, or if something would go wrong, because Kristin did that worrying for us.

Thank you so much for giving us the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2011

Would highly recommend Bel Momento! Kristin and Jody were wonderful! Their help in the month leading up to our wedding and most especially during the rehearsal and day of was invaluable. They are super organized and go above and beyond, even getting us quarters when no one remembered to bring some for our arcade pictures! Our decision to hire a coordinator came a little later in the planning process, about 2 months before, but I would say even if you've done most of the planning and leg work yourself, HIRE A COORDINATOR (hire BEL MOMENTO) for the day of...it was the best money we spent. We had fun, our day was stress free, and everything went perfectly.

Sent on 06/25/2011
  • O

Joanna · Married on 05/15/2011

Hiring Bel Momento was the best wedding decision we made! Kristin and Jody are fantastic! We were planning our wedding from out of town and began working with Kristin a year before the wedding. She suggested vendors, attended vendor meetings with us, brainstormed ideas, found solutions to problems that came up along the way, and put her creative touch on things. Kristin is creative, knowledgeable about the area, an awesome problem-solver and fun to work with. Every complicated crazy idea I had, Kristin ran with it and made it happen - she was willing to take on any challenge.

Just off the top of my head, here are some examples for why Kristin and Jody were absolutely essential:
    - It poured (thunder and lightening) the morning of our BEACH wedding. Kristin and Jody ran around planning both an indoor and outdoor ceremony so that we could handle any weather the afternoon brought us. We ended up with the beach ceremony we planned under a beautiful blue sky only because Kristin was willing to do twice as much work - all while I relaxed and had my makeup and hair done.
    - We had lights and lanterns decorating our reception room and the vendor showed up with the completely wrong lanterns and no lights! Kristin handled it and by the time I saw the reception venue it was stunning.
    - We had elderly relatives that needed help getting on the sand, Kristin found us beach wheelchairs at no charge.
    - Kristin handled making the payments for all of our vendors so that we didn't have to concern ourselves with it.
    - Jody kept us on schedule and people moving in the right direction so that I could just enjoy my guests and not be the bossy bride.
    - Kristin helped negotiate prices for us and managed to get ahold of people when we couldn't.

I could go on and on and on.

Really the best thing about hiring Bel Momento is you get to relax and enjoy your wedding day. I absolutely knew that Kristin and Jody had everything under control and that they honestly cared about our wedding. I could not possibly recommend Bel Momento more!

Sent on 08/14/2011

Allie · Married on 10/02/2010

I would highly recommend Bel Momento to any bride envisioning a wedding at the Jersey shore. During the planning process, Kristin did an amazing job putting me in contact with fantastic local vendors and keeping me on track. She was also very accesible by phone to discuss all the details and help problem solve. The day of the wedding Kristin and Jodi made sure everything ran smoothly and they greatly eased any anxiety I had. Thanks to Kristin and Jodi my wedding turned out absolutely perfect and definitely exceeded my expectations.

Sent on 11/07/2010

Brandi · Married on 09/18/2010

My husband and I say-without hesitation-that the best money we spent during the entire wedding process was on Bel Momento, the wedding planner. Kristin was exceptional, and ensured that our desires were met, was always open to new ideas and offered fresh and different opinions. She fought for us at the appropriate times and could not have been more incredible.

Sent on 10/17/2010

Lindsay · Married on 09/05/2010

BEL MOMENTO WAS GREAT!!! I had Kristin for the month of package and needed someone to oversee the last minute details and make sure everything was in place! Kristin was great, had tons of wonderful suggestions and offered an awesome perspective and great opinions! What was really essential was her day of help! I have no idea how people can do it on their own! Kristin and Jody set up everything, oversaw the other vendors and came with us throughout the day to offer additional help and to keep us on schedule! They are there every step of the way!! Can't say enough about them! VERY MUCH RECOMMENDED!!!

Sent on 10/21/2010

Skip, D. · Married on 06/13/2010

Deffinitely the company to use when planning a spectacular event! Bel Momento was in charge of planning Chelsea's 18th Birthday & Graduation Party. The event was held at One Atlantic and Dusk Nightclub, both in Caesars Casino. Every detail, large and small, was accounted for thanks to Kristin and her amazing staff. Kristin was on top ...of everything from the very beginning to the end. She listened with understanding, made our dreams a reality, and helped us have the day and night of a lifetime that we will remember forever. She kept everything under control while we were able to enjoy our party... without the stress. Kristin did everything- she knew the best photographer to get, set up meetings, notified us of payment deadlines and things we needed to do, and made sure everything was done the way we wanted it and PERFECTLY. Her ideas and visions were what made the party the night that it was. People will talk about Chelsea's party for a very long time... Again thanks to Kristin, Jeremih, hip hop artist of "Imma Star" performed at the event! Tribeca Grand also performed during the dinner portion of our party, and was fabulous. (Another reccomendation of Bel Momemto!) Chelsea's cupcake tree was delicious thanks to The Bake Works which was also Kristin's idea. There was not even ONE issue the night of our party. All ran smoothly... through our whole event and through our planning. A big event like the one we had is difficult. We needed Bel Momento, and they made it happen for us. We can not thank Kristin enough. Jodi, Angelina, and all of her staff were there for us the entire night as well. This type of party would NEVER have happened without the dedicated planning of Bel Momento.

Sent on 06/18/2010

Staci · Married on 05/22/2010

If you are considering a beach wedding at the Jersey shore, your first item on your list is to hire Bel Momento. After that, you will be set up for success. We worked with Kristin for almost a year and half planning our wedding and had a really great experience. Kristin is really good at taking your vision and ideas and making them a reality. We didn't have to waste time shopping around or negotiating with vendors as Kristin did all of that for us. Every vendor was extremely talented and met our expectations in service as well as price. Then - as we got closer to the big day, Kristin was instrumental in preparing me for all of the little details that I would have missed otherwise (and I am a project manager). Once we got to the wedding weekend and I handed everything over to Kristin, I didn't have to worry about a thing . She and her staff set up everything and made sure it was perfect; this included keeping us on track on such a busy and long day as well as packing everything up and bringing it back to our room. Our wedding was over 3 weeks ago, and people are still talking about it and I imagine they will for some time. I will remember it forever and I can honestly say, that I truly experienced the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 06/15/2010

Nancy · Married on 05/08/2010

When we hired Kristin from Bel Momento to be the wedding planner for my daughter's wedding we weren't exactly sure what to expect. For months before the wedding Kristin was at my daughter's beck and call helping with organizing, working with vendors, making selections and so much more. But the best was having her and Jody with us from rehearsal to the last dance of the reception. They were so helpful and took care of every detail so the bride and groom and my husband and I did nothing but relax and enjoy themselves. Everyone commented that they never saw such a relaxed bride. I know that one reason for that was Kristin and Jody. I would HIGHLY recommend Bel Momento. Thank you ladies!!!!

Sent on 05/11/2010

Christine · Married on 05/08/2010

AMAZING!!! Kristin & Jody were a HUGE help & I could not have imagined getting through the wedding planning process & especially the wedding day itself without their help.

Sent on 05/19/2010

Scotty · Married on 06/19/2009

Kristin and her team were a dream to work with. They listened to all of my ideas and were able to make certain suggestions that made our day unforgettable. I used their "Day Of" wedding planner which meant that 6 weeks before our wedding Kristin was on hand to help with cooridinate all of our vendors and to ensure that all of our special details that we had worked so hard on where in place on our day. Having them around on our wedding day allowed me to relax and truely enjoy the entire day!

Sent on 07/01/2009

Shannon · Married on 06/13/2009

Bel Momento and Kristin were amazing! We would have been so lost without her services. She made sure everything was prefect! They were also amazing to work with and so helpful every step of the way! Thank you Bel Momento!

Sent on 06/29/2009

Kathleen · Married on 09/20/2008

One of the most important events in our lives was executed absolutely flawlessly and was spectacular thanks to our wonderful wedding planner Kristin. A day we'll truely never forget. I am recommending Kristin to all my friends and family and will defintely use her services in the future~ apparently she does other special events too!!!!

Allison · Married on 08/23/2008

I hired Kristen to plan my ceremony since it was on the beach in Cape May. I also needed help finding a vendor for my wedding cake, chairs, and feather flags. Kristen was just extreamly helpful in everything. Checking in with me throught the planning making sure that I'm on track with what I need to do. On the day of, Kristen was able to make me, the bride feel totally relaxed!!! I knew that I had nothing to worry about, that the chairs would be set up in the exact spot that I wanted, the feather flags will be perfectly placed and that all my other vendors were in place. Our ceremony went SEAMLESS!!!!!!!! There were NO issues at all, everything went completly as planned!! Kristen and her assistant were amazing and I have all the thanks in the world to give them for making the ceremony go EXACTLY AS PLANNED!!!

Thank You So Very Much!!

Sent on 11/19/2008

Mandy · Married on 07/12/2008

I booked Bel Momento for the last month of my wedding planning. Kristen was incredibly helpful with all of the last minute details and was readily accessible for whatever questions I had. She listened to my ideas and helped make them happen without being pushy or in the way. She took everything out of my hands before the wedding, so my husband and I were able to completely enjoy our wedding day without any interruptions or problems! Everything turned out exactly as we had hoped. It was well worth the money to hire Bel Momento for our wedding planning.

Kelley · Married on 05/17/2008

We hired Kristin Barse of Bel Momento Wedding & Special Events Planning for the Final Day Planning Package and it definitely made our wedding day absolutely stress-free. The entire day ran so smoothly and without any problems at all. Friends commented to us during the wedding and for weeks after the wedding, that they had never been to such a well-organized, smooth-flowing wedding. For all of our guests, this was their first beach wedding and all of them commented on it being flawless, relaxed, and absolutely breath-taking. John and I attribute this to Kristin and her assistants for orchestrating the timeline perfectly and in conjunction with all vendors, working diligently to make sure everything was set up properly, and all items were transported to correct locations efficiently and on time. So many friends warned me as former brides, it would not be a very relaxing day and I would need to step back at one point in the day with my husband and take it all in for one frozen moment. However, this is not what happened for us at all. I can truly say with 100% conviction, I was at peace the entire day and I was able to take every single moment in and enjoy it all. I remember every minute of the wedding and reception clearly and vividly. My best friends even commented that they had never seen me so relaxed, confident and “living in the moment” than on my wedding day. I tell them all that I believe it was due to the fact that I had a Wedding Planner for the day of my wedding and so I thank Bel Momento and Kristin Barse for creating a day that far exceeded our expectations. I thank them for taking such care in executing my wishes that I never had to worry for one second from the moment I woke up on my wedding day through to the final dance at our reception.

Sent on 11/24/2008

Jennifer · Married on 04/12/2008

I had met Kristin Barse with Bel Momento during a bridal show at Cape May's Congress Hall early in the planning before having set a date. She would email me from time to time to see how things were going and my husband and I finally reached a point where we knew that we needed help. It got to be too much with us being in DC and the wedding in Ocean City and our busy work schedules. We hired her and we're so glad that we did! We had run into a huge problem... we couldn't find a Roman Catholic priest to marry us. Because we belong to a parish in DC (the priest couldn't travel to OC for our wedding) and we weren't marrying in my hometown but instead at the Jersey Shore (the priest there wouldn't marry us because we weren't parishioners), we couldn't seem to find a priest. Kristin found a priest for us in just one day! Followed by finding us other vendors (ie. transportation, florist, etc.), arranging appointments for me with hair/makeup trials, and the list goes on. On the day of the wedding, she and the two wonderful ladies working with her were like having guardian angels watching over us - this is no exaggeration! Every time we turned around, they were there to help or take care of something we needed or answer any question for us - in addition of course to everything we weren't seeing that was going on behind the scenes. Besides a small veil emergency in the morning (we had forgotten it), we were calm as could be because we had these three ladies taking care of every detail for us. They were amazing. Kristin had even arranged for us to be able to take our wedding photos on some of the boardwalk rides! Our bridal party loved this! At first we weren't sure whether we should spend some of our budget on having a coordinator... now, I can't believe we ever doubted this! Kristin is amazing and we would have been so frantic the day of if it hadn't been for her and her team!

Sent on 06/29/2009

Andrew · Married on 07/21/2007

Friendly, courteous and able to get the job done!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/07/2007

Kristin was AMAZING! She worked with me on the last month before my wedding along with our wedding day. I am extremely detail oriented and she took on the challenge like a champ!! I didn't have to worry about anything leading up to our wedding and especially the day of. There were a few concerns with outside vendors and I didn't even know. Everything was perfect! Our bridal party and family enjoyed the day without having to do anything but enjoy! Thanks Kristin!! I would recommend you to ANYONE!!! Love ya, M&M

Sent on 11/16/2008

Mari · Married on 05/26/1984

Kristin has gone above and beyond to deliver exceptional service for any event that I have been priviledged to partake in. She has the utmost respect of her clients as well as her peers in the industry!

Sent on 09/20/2010