Bekker's Catering Reviews

Bekker's Catering 4
Bekker's Catering 5
  • Y

Yan · Married on 09/28/2013

Bekker's bbq served our wedding reception, both the food service and the rental service. They have lots of choices for table/chair/table cloth as well as other supplies. We were so pleased to decide to use Bekke's bbq for all the cater and rental service.
    The food was amazing, very delicious, we used their "Journey to Japan" and added the entree of their famous BBQ beef, that was so amazing!!! Very juicy and smoked very well!! Also, we changed the stir fried shrimp to deep fried shrimp, totally worthy!!! Our guests liked the shrimp as well as the beef, they kept taking the shrimp all the time. For the cocktail hour, we chose "shrimp cocktail" and "crab stuffed mushrooms", very, very, very tasty!!! As a bride, I ate a lot of food during the wedding, my maid of honor said I was the bride who ate the most she knew at the wedding, why not? The delicious food is not only for guests, but also for the host couple to enjoy!
    Olga is very nice and thoughtful, she replied quickly for my every email and provide the best service. Our wedding reception was outdoor near the ocean, the weather was very nice, but the sunshine was very strong at the reception time (3 p.m.), Olga gave us a free upgrade -- tent!, free tent! I was very surprised to see the service people set up the tent at first as we did not order it to save the money. The surprise gift saved our guests, not being burned! How wonderful Bekke's bbq was! The tent made our reception perfect, our guests enjoyed the delicious food under the tent.
    The service people were very professional, even though they arrived a little bit late due to the traffic, but they setup the table/chair very quickly, make sure everything as expected. The food serving table was very clean and tidy, their smile made our guest satisfied.
    The plenty of choices, flexible combination, professional service, sweet promotion, unbeatable price, thanks Bekker's bbq to give us a perfect wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Amory · Married on 08/25/2013

My Grandma and I went to the San Diego Bridal Bizarre and Simon from Bekker's Catering found me. We were about to leave because his booth was so busy. They were giving out samples of tri-tip that smelled so good. He came around and gave us both a sample. It was amazing and just what we were looking for, for our rustic wedding. They were very quick to respond and always answered the phone. The service and food had all 145 of my guests complimenting. Someone was always asking if we needed anything during our dinner. They were awesome!
    Thank you so much!
    -Amory

Sent on 09/19/2013

heather · Married on 07/20/2013

I held my wedding in a park and Bekker's was perfect for the task of setting up my ceremony and reception and feeding my guests with quality at a reasonable price. My guests are the type to prefer quality food without too much frill. Everyone was pleased with the selection and thus I highly recommend Bekker's for an elegant option to catering for a budget sensitive bride.

Sent on 07/31/2013

The food was amazing! And the staff was exceptionally helpful. I would recommend them to anyone who loves good food! We had the BBQ menu and our guests are still talking about it.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Ally · Married on 06/23/2013

Bekker's hit a home run with every aspect of our wedding!

The food at our wedding was OUTSTANDING! I guess I am a weird bride because I actually DID eat at the reception. Not only was the food completely delicious - but it was light and healthy enough so that I did not get that awful feeling of eating a heavy dinner (even though my plate was full to the brim!).

A big surprise to me on the day of was the display. Everything was SPECTACULAR! We had a medieval wedding and while I did ask them during the planning phase to do what they could in that regard - mostly I relied on my other vendors to add to the decor. But I was so impressed with how totally awesomely the display fit with our theme - it was breath taking and exactly what we wanted.

They were helpful and professional throughout the entire process. The planning process was pretty painless - they addressed every question and took care of every detail. Plus every staff person that I talked to was so helpful and friendly - from our very first tasting, to the frantic day-before calls, right up until being served at our wedding!

Great food, perfect display and awesome staff!

Sent on 07/27/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/24/2012

We had the Fruit, Veggie, Cheese, Ribs, Wings and Artichoke Dip Appetizer menu. EVERYONE loved the food, the service was amazing! The workers were very sweet and professional. I have already recommended then twice to friends in the area that are having parties soon.,

Sent on 09/09/2012

Renee · Married on 05/19/2012

Bekker's was a dream come true for my wedding planning. I had no idea what I was doing and they guided me right through it. They were helpful with everything and they pretty much handled my whole wedding. The food was good, the servers were wonderful and Marla was so helpful. I highly recommend this company. They can pretty much provide any menu you like and were very responsive and flexible with any requests I had. The only problem had was with the furniture company they work with, but everyone at Bekker's was wonderful.

Sent on 06/02/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/10/2011

This caterer was professional, had plenty of food, and the guests said it was the best mexican food theyve tasted!

Sent on 08/11/2012
  • User3738616 · event on 06/16/2011

We use Bekkers for an annual family BBQ of 100-150 guests. . They have great food and are willing to work with us on our menus. We love that they set up and clean up seamlessly allowing us to enjoy spending time with our guests. .

Sent on 12/17/2013

Nenita · Married on 04/01/2011

I would hire West Coast Catering for all parties in the future. Food was great, service was great, price was in my budget. Love them!!!

Sent on 04/20/2011
  • Paula

Paula · Married on 09/12/2010

West Coast Catering prepared and served food at our wedding September 12th. We chose steak, chicken, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies, Caesar salad, bread, and cheese raviolis as our dinner option. Everything was soooo incredibly delicious!! They arrived on time and set everything up on time and were so prompt and courteous with all of our guests. One thing I would recommend is to stick with their specialties. We sampled their Mexican food, and it wasn't any good. The beef and chicken were to die for though!

We researched several vendors before choosing West Coast. They had the best prices, the best quality, and the best options. I would highly recommend West Coast Catering for any event!

Sent on 10/14/2010

Melissa · Married on 09/11/2010

The food was amazing! And the price was unbelievably affordable. The guests are still talking about how great the food was. Also we got sent home with tons of leftovers. I will definatly be using them for all my future catering needs!

Sent on 10/01/2010

Jennifer · Married on 06/26/2010

Great food, very flexible with pricing and very customer oriented. Olga is very nice and helpful. Delicious food!

Sent on 07/07/2010

Stacey · Married on 04/17/2010

Bekker's was the BEST vendor we dealt with throughout our whole wedding. They were very personable and professional. They put me at ease and I felt very confident in their hands. The service was second to none. We got the most compliments from our guests about them. Everything from the service, the food and the personality of the staff. I will only recommend Bekker's to everyone for any type of catering needs. You can't go wrong with them. And to top off all of this praise, the prices are unbeaten. I LOVE BEKKER'S!!!

Sent on 04/26/2010
  • Dawnne-Marie

Dawnne-Marie · Married on 04/17/2010

Olga(the owner) was so straight up with me. I explained the tightness of our budget and she helped me to pick out the proper menu with all the amount of people we had to feed, well she helped me manipulate the funds until we had every bit of detailed ordered andwhen it came down to one week left, I had to change the whole menu and the original order had to be changed by about a few hundred dollars. Well Olga is quite an honest woman, she didnt take advantage of my wants and needs, and she put the business side of things aside and related to having a tight budget and well she made it all very reasonable for us to handle. The day of our event the catered food arrived promptly and boy did it taste fantastic!!! Here's the best of all the kickers.... There was so much left over that we had to send everyone in our Wedding party home with huge trays of delicious foods. You wouldn't regret hiring this company for your catering services. Wonderful family business!!!

Sent on 06/04/2010

Ryann · Married on 09/27/2009

Our contact, Kevin Mitchell, was great to work with at Bekker's Catering. We originally called Bekker's because of all of the menu options they offered. We were looking for buffet style and they had some themed buffets that sounded great. Their prices are very affordable and they are willing to work with the budget you have. The day of our wedding, the food ended even better then the taste testing! Our venue, rooftop, is challenging for a caterer, and Kevin and his team worked so hard for our event and it showed. The display was gorgeous and our guests loved the food.

Sent on 12/16/2009

Chris · Married on 05/27/2018

Bekker's Catering was fantastic! Right from they beginning they asked us what our vision was for our wedding meal, and worked hard to meet our needs. When it turned out that we asked for a side they didn't ordinarily make, they went above and beyond to work with the chef and make something that ended up being one of our favorite parts of the meal. Not only was the food delicious, but the service was excellent, both in the preparation stage, but also during the wedding itself. The staff jumped at the opportunity to serve and anticipate our needs.
    We rented various table items including tablecloths and charger plates, in addition to having them handle the beverage station and bar. We appreciated that not only were the stations laid out well, but they also brought along decorations that coordinated with our style.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Gabriela · Married on 05/20/2017

I absolutely recommend Barbara and her staff at Bekker's if you are looking for worry-free, professional, personal and excellence all around! We hired them to do both the rehearsal dinner and the wedding. It was totally stress-free. Many of our guests said this was the best wedding they've attended in a long time. We all know that food and drink are so important to a successful event. Barbara made it all happen. I recommend hiring her for the day-of and just enjoy. Her attention to detail was so appreciated.

Sent on 06/04/2017
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 09/19/2015

Bekker's was a dream come true for my daughter’s wedding. There were so many choices and flexible combinations. The food was very delicious, the servers were great and Barbara Canizales, our coordinator, was excellent. Right from the start, my family hit it off with Barbara. She was so nice, friendly, funny and helpful. We felt like she was part of our family right from the start. She was scheduled to do another wedding on my daughter’s wedding day, but Bekker’s was able to accommodate our request for Barbara to be our day coordinator. Barbara was able to handle my daughter and I both communicating with her back and forth up to the wedding day. Thank you Barbara for being so patient and kind…

What I loved about Bekker’s from the start was that they were so reasonable in price compared to other places. They had all their prices on their web site – something I did not see on any other wedding catering sites. I felt comfortable and confident about them right from the start. We made some changes to the menu, but Bekker’s didn’t seem to mind. I was told early in our business relationship that right up to a few days before the event they would be flexible.

Whenever we called Bekker’s, someone always answered the phone and everyone was always very helpful. They would pull up our file on the computer and take notes so everyone was aware of any updates. Bekker’s recommended a rental company for all the furniture we wanted, and we received a nice discount because it was a Bekker’s referral.

All our wedding guests commented on how everything was so beautiful and how good the food and service was. From the first phone call to the AMAZING wedding day, we were extremely pleased. Everyone was so professional. There was plenty of food and so many options for our guests. Looking back at all the photos and videography, my daughter had a smile on her face throughout the entire event.

Sent on 12/12/2014

Molly · Married on 08/08/2015

I absolutely cannot say enough positive things about my experience with Bekker's Catering. From the moment I met them, they were incredibly responsive and diligent, and they were honest about their experiences with some other local venues and vendors--which was INCREDIBLY helpful. We created a menu that was PERFECT for our venue and vision, and I can't possibly tell you how many compliments we received on the quality of the food. Everybody thought it was sensational!! I can't thank Heather, Bekker's, and the rest of the team enough. I hope to use them again in the future!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Impressed with the professionalism and service provided by Bekkers. They went out of their way to take care of guests with disabilities and made sure all our needs were met. Even our vendors were well taken care of.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Catherine · Married on 09/07/2013

I recently hosted a post-wedding brunch in San Diego for my daughter and her new husband. Because I live in Houston, I was unable to meet with caterers or taste the food beforehand. I originally went with Bekkers because of the price and the prompt responsiveness to all of my concerns and questions. Wow--I am so glad I did!!! I was so impressed that Linda and Christina arrived on time and set up a beautiful brunch. The food was very attractive, delicious, and plentiful. We had many compliments on the Quiche, especially. The baked goods were fresh and tasty. But most of all, Linda was organized, friendly, helpful, and professional. She even went beyond expectations in helping us cut a wedding cake; we had no idea how to do it neatly. Christina is one of those employees that one might not notice because she is very quiet; but she is a hard worker and was constantly moving and anticipating our needs. Both women were a pleasure to have in our kitchen. As if this was not enough, they left the kitchen in clean and sparkling condition. Thank you so much for making our event wonderful and worry-free!!! It was exactly what I hoped for.

Sent on 09/13/2013

Kristy · Married on 09/07/2013

The thing that stood out to me the most about Bekker’s catering was their affordability for their quality. In researching caterers I found them to be one of the least expensive. My husband and I did a taste test with them and the food was awesome. Since the wedding, we have gotten so many compliments on the tri-tip. They are quick to respond to emails and very flexible with updating our quote. I also liked how Bekker’s catering offered so many options a la carte, such as water service, a champagne toast, etc. It helped us to stay within our budget by selecting only the things most important to us, instead of a package like other caterers offered. They were very professional on the big day and set up in a timely manner. My only complaint was that they were not clear with us what had to be returned from the bar. We left a few of their coolers at the venue unaware we were responsible for returning them.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Christina · Married on 03/10/2012

Hi Simon,

I wanted to say thank you for helping make our not only one, but two events in the last 7 days a success.

I found your company on the web two weeks ago, you were very professional and prompt in any questions or services that we needed. Not only was our March 10th event a huge success we ended up calling you the very next day to help cater our boys wrestling banquet 5 days later.

Along with you, I wanted to make mention of your staff. On Saturday evening Jen, Doc and Johnny were our servers and WOW... all three we just awesome. I was extremely busy during the party making sure that 50th birthday boy and girl were taken of and your three staff members not only took care of the food they took care of me. They checked in with me throughout the party, they plated food for both my husband and I, brought it too us and checked in with us periodically throughout the party to see if we needed anything. While my husband and I were helping host the 100 guests, your staff was hosting us.

The party went so smooth and the food was so delicious that we booked you for a second event in the same week. Last night while I was unloading my vehicle getting ready for our banquet Jen & not sure of the gentleman's name working with her spotted me in the parking lot. They had already set up and were just waiting for us to give them the green light to serve the food. They both approached me in the parking lot, Jen even called me by my first name, and offered to help unload my vehicle. The gentleman carried a cooler for me and Jen helped as well.

Your staff is a reflection of your company and you should be proud. Attentive, professional and personal all in one. I give you and your staff 5 stars. Thank you for two successful events in one week and please thank your staff members for me. Sometimes it’s the staff that can make or break a business. These 4 employees are top notch and should be commended for their hard work and professionalism.

My best friend will be contacting you for her husbands 50th birthday in April.

Please pass on my thanks to your crew, I looked for Jen last night to give her my thanks, but I missed her. They were so quiet I didn’t even see or hear them leave.

Thanks again a very satisfied customer,
    Your friend
    Christina

PS I will be sure to add to the list of other satisfied customers on Yelp for sure.

Sent on 03/15/2012

diann · Married on 10/23/2015

Great service and good food. We went with one of their buffet options, which they served. Bekkers had a staff member plate food and deliver it to our sweet heart table as soon as we sat down to ensure that we got a chance to eat at our wedding. They also cleaned up the food and plates before heading out.

To keep to our budget, Bekkers has several price options for renting plates, silverware, glasses and linens, as our venue did not provide them.

Sent on 11/03/2015