Behind the Veil Reviews

269 | Severna Park, MD

269 Reviews for Behind the Veil

• Liz

Liz · Married on 07/26/2014

Last week Melanie came to do the make-up for myself, the two moms, and my four bridesmaids on my wedding day. Every single person was beyond happy with their make-up, absolutely loved Melanie, and the timing was perfect. Weddings are very stressful and it's hard to trust someone with doing your make-up the way you like. Melanie was able to understand and create each girls' request and everyone looked gorgeous. There was a natural quality to everyone's look, but she was also able to add the extra spark everyone wants for the wedding day pictures. I could never say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Melanie and Behind the Veil for my wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 07/11/2014

I was so so so pleased with how my wedding hair and make-up. It couldn't have been more perfect and both were even better than I had imagined. Angela has such a talent for make-up, and Caitlin created my hairstyle exactly how I described and did the exact same for each of my bridesmaids. I am so impressed by their professionalism and skills! Thank you, BTV, for making me and my bridesmaids look and feel so beautiful for my wedding day!!! I couldn't have asked for better artists!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Hands down the best! I would recommend BTV to anyone! My hair was flawless. Maria did my hair EXACTLY how I wanted it. Fantastic job! Kaytee did my make-up and it was so beautiful! I couldn't have asked for anything better for my wedding day. Maria, Kaytee, and everyone else from the BTV team are so friendly and easy to work with. All of my bridesmaids were so happy with their looks as well!

Sent on 07/07/2014
  • E + R Hobbs

Elissa · Married on 06/21/2014

Being someone who doesn't necessarily have to dress up and do their hair and makeup before going to work everyday, means that when someone asks you what you want to look like on your wedding day, you might be left with a very vague description. I wanted to look and feel beautiful on my wedding day. I am in my 30's so I wanted to be seen as a mature bride despite my small stature and frame. Angela was able to work with me to get just the right colors to match the look I was going for. She was very accessible via email when I wanted to send her different ideas and photos that I was considering. Scheduling trial appointments with her staff was very simple. Suzy was the stylist that arrived with Angela on the wedding day to do the bridesmaids hair. Each style was a bit different and they all looked perfect. She was able to make recommendations based on the weather we were experiencing and ensure that no ones hair would fall. We were able to add on lashes and makeup on the day of as needed. The girls were very flexible and kept us on schedules with a large group. Behind the Veil's offerings are affordable and reasonably priced for on-site service. I recommend their services to anyone that needs some guidance and flexibility in the look they are trying to achieve for their big day!

Sent on 07/08/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

I absolutely LOVED working with Melanie (makeup) and Renee (hair). I decided to go with airbrush makeup for my wedding and Melanie did such an amazing job! My skin looked absolutely flawless. Melanie is awesome and I had so much fun sitting in her chair while she did my makeup. She really helped me feel at ease on my wedding day. She also did some of my bridesmaids' makeup and they looked absolutely beautiful! Renee did my hair and she was also incredible to work with. I LOVED my hair and she was super flexible and responsive when I had questions and concerns after my hair trial. If you want to have fun getting your hair and makeup done for your wedding with awesome stylists, then go with Behind the Veil!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Behind the Veil was absolutely amazing! The team arrived early, ready to style 11 girls hair and put on makeup for 5 of the girls, too. Everyone was relaxed and comfortable working with Maria, Katie, and Sara, and they were able to create every style that the girls asked for. I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Maia · Married on 06/07/2014

Leanna and Natalie from Behind the Veil were absolutely amazing. They worked with me and my wedding party to create the most amazing looks. As a testament to their amazing work, when my fiancé saw me after my hair and make up trial the look on his face said it all! All of the girls looked and felt beautiful which truly came across in the way they felt and all the pictures. I absolutely loved working with everyone from Behind the Veil and would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/24/2014

Nadia · Married on 06/06/2014

I was a bridesmaid in my friends wedding, and she had Behind the Veil help with hair and makeup. Nancy did makeup and was FANTASTIC! Everyone looked flawless and beautiful. I was planning on doing my own makeup since I'm alittle picky, and so did half of the other bridemaids. Once we saw how great a job nancy was doing on the other girls, we begged her to squeeze us in too!!! She was so sweet to add another 4 people, and even stayed alittle later to make sure we all got done:) she is absolutely the best at what she does!!

Mary did hair and also did a fantastic job! We all brought pictures of how we wanted our hair styled. She made it look like the picture, but better!!! Everyone had a different but beautiful look. She took her time and really listened to what we liked and didn't like. Between these two, we all looked beautiful, especially the Bride! I defiantly took down both their info to use for the future:)

Highly recommended!

Sent on 06/25/2014

I did a TON of research on a hair and makeup team for my wedding day. Behind the Veil, LLC did not let me down! Nancy on makeup and Maria on hair were the perfect combination to create the glam and timeless look that I wanted. I didn't have a solid direction on how I wanted my hair to look and Maria did two separate trials with me to get the look just right. Behind the Veil certainly captures very natural and not overly done makeup. They are so professional and make you and your entire bridal party feel at ease during the entire process. They were great fun to have around on the morning of my wedding and I really just can't say enough good things about how beautiful their hair and makeup made me feel. My mom and my girls looked awesome as well. I would definitely use the team again if I was having another fancy event, and I would 100 percent recommend Behind the Veil to any bride-to-be. You are in good hands with this team.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Behind the Veil was fantastic! Communication with them was really easy throughout the time leading up to the wedding. I had a big bridal party so I was a little worried about time, but they are experienced and knew what would work - they worked with my schedule perfectly. Maria was our hair stylist and Nancy was our makeup artist. They were both GREAT! :) I loved both my hair and makeup and seriously felt beautiful :) ... Book these girls because they are awesome!!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Great to work with, easy and very professional! We loved them, thank you!!

Sent on 06/20/2014
  • Y

Yulia · Married on 05/25/2014

Behind the Veil is amazing. Renee did my hair for my special day. I knew she had a lot of experience in hairstyling. I was not worried about anything. She knew right away which direction to go with my hair. She is a professional in what she does. The service is also great. Happy I found them!!!

Yulia

Sent on 07/30/2014

Angela and Renee did a fantastic job getting everyone ready on my wedding day! They arrived to the venue early and were set up and ready to start by the time we got there. All the girls loved their hair and makeup and had a bast chatting with the girls from Behind the Veil. Renee was kind enough to squeeze in two last minute additions for hair without any problems and Angela offered to get my veil when I forgot it ( thanks!!! ) I definitely recommend Behind the Veil to all future brides!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Shelby · Married on 04/12/2014

We had Caitlin from Behind the Veil and she is INCREDIBLE! So easy to work with, was on time the day of the wedding, and made all of us look so beautiful!

Sent on 04/21/2014

Mary · Married on 04/12/2014

They were wonderful to work with!

Thea was my hairstylist and Chelsea was my makeup artist and both girls did beautiful work!

I opted to do a hair and make up trial, which really helped me decide what to for my look the day of. I wasn't sure what I really wanted, I threw some ideas at them. Thea tried two different hair styles on me. Chelsea adjusted my make up to what I was comfortable with.

The look I had done with them during the trial was changed here and there for the day of, but Thea and Chelsea welcomed it. They listened to my feedback and remembered what I liked or didn't like. On the day of the wedding, I didn't look in the mirror till after they were done and when I did I loved how I looked and would not have changed a thing.

I guess I had nightmares before about getting my makeup done, because previously I would get it done at a random make up counter and I would always walk away thinking "oh wow this is way too much". Chelsea used the airbrush make up which looked great! My skin never looked so flawless.

They did wonderful work on the moms and the bridal party. They were fun and upbeat to be around too even though it was just in my small hotel room!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Sarah · Married on 04/12/2014

I was lucky enough to get to get paired with Angela (makeup) & Ashley (hair)for a Baltimore Bride shoot that I was picked for. They were so absolutely amazing that day, that I decided to book them both for our wedding day. Our wedding was early afternoon, and about an hour or a lil more away for them, and with 8 bridesmaids, a flowergirl, my Mom & MILs... and me, they had to get there super early! They were there at 5am setting up, and starting on girls. It was so fun having them there, they fit right in with my friends & family that it didn't even seem like they were providing a service for us, but yet just there having fun! They were on schedule, and even squeezed some last minute girls in that decided that they wanted their hair or makeup done that hadn't previously and still remained on schedule. They were amazing in providing what style every girl wanted and offering suggestions as well. Every single one of us LOVED how our hair/makeup turned out... and I couldn't be more grateful. It helps to make you feel good when you know you look good... and we all had Ang & Ashley to thank for that. My 8 year old niece adorable being pampered & they took extra care with her made her feel like a princess! They were able to keep me relaxed and enjoy my time getting ready as a bride! I seriously can not recommend BTV enough! Thanks ladies for everything! XO

Sent on 12/03/2014

Absolutely gorgeous! That is how I felt and looked on my wedding day thanks to Angela, Maria, and Heather at Behind the Veil. They did the most amazing job on hair and make-up for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother-in-law. I had a wonderful experience with them. They always listened to me and always answered my questions promptly. I received so many compliments on my hair and make-up, and I am still receiving them. They are extremely sweet, down to earth, and caring people. They definitely want you to feel and look your best. I can't thank thank them enough for how beautiful me and my bridesmaids and mother-in-law felt and looked on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Cara · Married on 01/04/2014

I was referred to Behind the Veil by a friend who used their services for her September 2012 wedding. I worked with Angela to book (easy, quick and reasonably priced), Kaytee did makeup and Renee did hair. I did a trial where I loved my makeup but left unsure about the hair (I couldn't make up my mind about what I wanted). Angela booked me a second trial at no cost and Renee tried another style that I thought I wanted. Ultimately I changed my mind on the wedding day (for the third time!) and Renee took it all in stride, and my hair turned out perfect. Kaytee is amazing and an artist. Both girls are very fun to be around, totally comfortable in a hotel room with 6 girls and mothers and friends. Everyone loved their work (2 mothers, 5 bridesmaids and the bride) - and we stayed beautiful all day!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Jenni · Married on 12/29/2013

If it wasn't for Maria at Behind the Veil, I don't know how I would've gone ahead with my wedding! My hair trial with another stylist did not go well 5 days before the wedding! I was frantically searching weddingwire and came upon Behind the Veil. I called Maria right away and asked if she would be available. Thankfully she was available and she was even allowing the flexibility to do just my (bride) hair for a bit of travel fee. My bridesmaids were so nice to tell me they are willing to get their hair done by Maria as well. 5 days after my frantic phone call, I met Maria at the hotel room to get ready for the wedding. Even without a trial, my hair turned out perfectly as imaged, so did my bridesmaids hairstyles. I cannot thank Maria enough for saving the day!!!!! I would highly recommend Behind the Veil to brides for their excellent service!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Mary · Married on 11/23/2013

I cannot say enough about Behind the Veil.
    Angela did our makeup and Maria did our hair. I am a very pale and very rosey with huge eyes. So, I don't like a lot of drama with makeup or I look too "goth chic." Unlike every makeup counter artist, Angela really listened to me. I looked very natural, like me, but a little elevated. Angela did a wonderful job with my mother and bridesmaids as well, everyone looked polished and pretty. Angela uses a lot of Bobbi Brown and other more natural looking makeup and let me tell you, it didn't budge. Somehow, I danced the night away, kissed and hugged hundreds of people, and still looked fresh at 2am.
    Maria did a fantastic job with hair. I wanted mine in a classic chignon with a twist and it was perfect. Again, they really listen to you! My girls' hair looked great as well, Maria really was a perfectionist with ensuring that curls were in place and the hair looked touchably soft.
    You cannot go wrong with this dynamic duo!

Sent on 12/11/2013

Laura · Married on 11/09/2013

I had such an amazing time with Ashley and Marky from BtV! They listened to my ideas and then executed them flawlessly. The day of the wedding they made my bridesmaids and mother in law look great AND feel great. My wedding day would not have been as much fun without them, and I wish I had reasons to get my hair and makeup done by them more often!

Sent on 02/08/2014
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 10/26/2013

Behind the Veil is amazing in every single way. I wanted to have my hair and make-up done at the hotel where I was staying the morning of my wedding instead of going to a salon and it was such a great decision. Working with Angela was a pleasure right from the beginning as she is super responsive to emails, questions, scheduling, etc. She's even more awesome when you get to meet her in person! Angela and Ashley arrived right on time on my wedding day to do hair + makeup for me and 5 other ladies. Everyone looked gorgeous and was very happy with their look. My hair and makeup were EXACTLY what I wanted and I felt great on my wedding day. I can't recommend BTV highly enough and I think every bride should treat herself to this service on their wedding day so that you start the big day feeling relaxed and beautiful. Thank you Angela and Ashley! XOXO

Sent on 11/09/2013

Maria and Melanie did an amazing job! Everyone looked beautiful. I was so happy with everything and would highly recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 11/09/2013

Christine · Married on 10/19/2013

I had Suzy for my hair and Leanne for my makeup. They were both amazing!! They arrived on time and prepared with everything to make my wedding party and me beautiful for the big day!! My photographer even commented that my hair was one of the best styles he had ever seen on a bride. I got the airbrush makeup and it was flawless. Leanne went and got the colors I requested for my makeup. Overall, the whole experience was fantastic!! I would highly recommend Behind the Veil for your big day!

Sent on 10/22/2013

I had no idea where to turn for hair and makeup for my wedding day, because I've never used such services before. I had heard of Behind the Veil through friends and saw that they had good reviews, so I figured, why not? I scheduled my trials and was blown away by what a great job they did! The girls were so nice and they really listened to my requests and opinions. I got so many compliments on my hair and makeup that day from total strangers, and it was only the trial run!

Behind the Veil was very patient and accommodating with me (a somewhat frantic bride!) in the weeks leading up to my wedding. They were good about responding to me concerning any of my thoughts and concerns. About a week before my wedding day they sent me a confirmation e-mail that included some very useful tips and reminders for the day of, which I promptly forwarded to my bridal party. It even included my artists' numbers, in case we needed to be in touch! When the big day finally came the girls were punctual and brought everything they needed. They were very calm and fun to work with, and they left me with whatever supplies they thought I might need throughout the day (bobby pins, face powder, etc.). I couldn't have asked for a better team to have with me on my wedding day!!

Sent on 10/22/2013