Behind the Veil Reviews

269 | Severna Park, MD

269 Reviews for Behind the Veil

Kelly · Married on 04/18/2015

I was referred to Behind the Veil for my wedding, which took place April 18th, 2015 and I couldn't be happier with them! Kristi and Jocelyn are so nice and amazingly talented, our hair and make-up were perfect! I am so glad to have met them both and I highly recommend them and Behind the Veil!

Sent on 06/15/2015
  • Meg

Meg · Married on 03/27/2015

There are not enough words to describe how incredible Behind the Veil is. They are amazing. Maria and Nancy did hair and makeup for myself and my 6 bridesmaids on my wedding day, and let me tell you, they did a PHENOMENAL job. Seriously knocked it out of the park. Both Maria and Nancy are so much fun! They arrived right on time, immediately started setting up, and got right to work once they were ready to go. They really listened to what each bridesmaid wanted and completely exceeded all of our expectations. I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life, and I owe it all to Maria and Nancy!!! I highly recommend hiring Behind the Veil!!!!!!!!

Sent on 04/15/2015

Megan · Married on 01/18/2015

Behind the Veil was such a joy to work with! From the first trial I knew that I was in good hands. The day of the wedding Angela, Brittany and Maria did such an amazing job on all my girls - and I had a lot of picky bridesmaids! Maria even did an up-do on the fly for me because it started to rain and my hair started to fall. It was even more amazing than my initial hair do! The whole day went extremely smooth and we even ended a little early! I am so glad I chose Behind the Veil and would highly recommend them to anyone on their big day!

Sent on 01/22/2015

Caitlin · Married on 11/01/2014

I can't recommend Behind the Veil enough!! From the trial to the big day, they were professional, accommodating and fun! We had Maria for hair and Nancy for makeup. I had only vague concepts of what I had in mind for hair and makeup and both Maria and Nancy did amazing work with my minimal guidance. In advance, they provided us a timeline and stuck to it. Day of, they came to our hotel and did hair and makeup for me, my mom and mother-in-law, and six bridesmaids. They were efficient and really fun, which made getting ready super relaxing. I felt their prices were competitive to other companies/salons I researched and the end results were certainly worth it!! After a really long day (including dancing!) all of our hair and makeup was still flawless. I highly recommend Behind the Veil, especially Maria and Nancy.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/25/2014

The staff at behind the veil were incredible! From initial scheduling, trial for services, and everything on the big day Angela, Maria, Nancy, and Sara were awesome! Not only is their work beautiful, they are super fun and thoughtful. it was easy to relax and enjoy my wedding day with the Vehind the Veil staff taking care of us! Thank you all for doing such a beautiful job and making my wedding day fantastic!

Sent on 10/30/2014

The team at Behind the Veil are amazing - efficient, professional and talented. My stylist Caitlin made my hair look stunning - and she quickly styled the two mothers, four sisters and the flower girl - all with flattering individual styles. The timeline was clear - and they were flexible based on my needs - Caitlin came fully prepared, even with some fun music to play while she was styling! A great vendor to work with!

Sent on 03/31/2015

I can't say enough good things about Behind the Veil. From the very first meeting they made me feel comfortable and right at home. It is amazing how they can take pictures and your thoughts and transform them into exactly what you were looking for. Both Melanie and Marie were extremely professional, but at the same time it felt like we were hanging out with the girls while we were getting ready, which was so much fun. Even when I had a last minute change on my wedding day there were able to accommodate without any hesitation. My girls, the moms, and I all looked beautiful!

Sent on 11/09/2014

Laura · Married on 10/11/2014

LOVED these ladies. Renee did hair and Melanie did makeup and they were absolutely amazing. Not only are they incredibly talented and made us all feel like beauty queens, they were just fun to be around. That was almost as important to me as how our hair/makeup turned out! I had 8 bridesmaids and then my mom and myself. That is a lot of people, and they managed to get everyone finished in the time they set up. It was a long day, but it honestly felt like they were just part of our group and chatting and laughing with us about whatever nonsense we were talking about. When my photographer arrived, they were getting ready to head out but were gracious enough to stick around for some photos :) Cannot recommend these ladies enough! Thank you Renee and Melanie for making us look like babes, and tolerating Mariah Carey Christmas music and 90s Toni Braxton slow jams. You guys rock.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Michelle · Married on 10/11/2014

I absolutely LOVED my hair and makeup for my wedding! Caitlin was super nice, and did my hair + 9 others (bridesmaids and moms), and every single hairdo was amazing! She really listened and did all of our hair differently but they all were cohesive and looked great together. I had even changed my mind of what I wanted after the trial, so she did my hair completely differently, but exactly how I wanted. I loved it!

Mara did our makeup and I got so many compliments on how gorgeous I looked! My airbrush makeup stayed flawless all night, even though it was sprinkling outside for the ceremony. A few girls weren't sure if they wanted to get their makeup done, but as soon as they saw how good of a job Mara did, they wanted to get theirs done too. She was flexible, and said it was no problem to add 2 more girls to get their makeup done the day-of.

Behind the Veil was really easy to work with. They were great at communicating details for the trial and the wedding day, so I was able to relax. I loved working with them, and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/01/2014

Sheree · Married on 10/11/2014

So happy with Behind the Veil! They were a pleasure to work with. I had a great time at my trial and while I loved it, I decided I wanted a different look for our wedding day. Renee and Joseline were awesome to work with and I was so happy how they listened to me and the way they made me look on our wedding day. I had so many compliments on my hair and makeup. My bridesmaids also were super happy with their looks, too! Thanks Behind the Veil!!

Sent on 11/28/2014
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/11/2014

Natalie from Behind the Veil did my makeup, as well as my bridesmaids' and the best woman's makeup. She did an amazing job. I am admittedly super picky about my makeup but Natalie made me feel comfortable during our trial. She did a wonderful job and she made sure that I was 100% happy with how I looked. I was not in favor of airbrush makeup originally but she convinced me to try it for the trial and it turned out amazing both in person and in the photos. None of my bridesmaids are super makeup-y people and I didn't want everyone to look exactly alike, so she did a great job in judging what would look best on each person with very little direction. Everyone loved how they looked, which made me very happy.

Sent on 02/23/2015
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 10/10/2014

The team at Behind the Veil, LLC (BTV) was a pleasure to work with. BTV gives you all the information you need to know before your big day so there isn't any last minute confusion. BTV is very responsive via email and even text messages so you feel like you are working with people rather than a company. You know all the costs up front and have to pay in advance so there is no "business talk" on the Big Day.

I would recommend booking a trial so you can get a good idea of what you will look with your desired look. I found that I wanted to "tweak" my vision a little bit so I would be the happiest on my big day. My artists Renee and Nancy had such great personalities and could do ANYTHING you ask them to. They were fun to be around but still very professional. They worked quickly but meticulously.Some of my wedding party was reluctant to get their hair and make-up done, but Renee and Nancy made them feel comfortable and beautiful. The results on were incredible! Finally, I can not rave enough about how I felt on my wedding day. I received so many compliments on my hair and make-up throughout the day and nothing moved! I looked exactly the same at 2 pm and 2 am. Working with BTV was an amazing experience that I hope to enjoy again in the future!

Sent on 10/19/2014

I hired Behind the Veil for my October 2014 wedding in St. Michaels. Angela did our makeup and Maria did our hair. They were wonderful to work with. They did exactly what each person asked for and happily did touch-ups or made changes upon request. I loved spending the day getting ready with my friends and family, and Angela and Maria helped make it so fun and easy! Everyone looked absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Behind the Veil was a fantastic choice for getting my bridesmaids and my hair done for the wedding. The reception was in Chevy Chase MD and they had no problem driving that far to do our hair and even got there early! Everyone was pleased with the outcome and I loved the quality of service they provided me from start to finish!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Catherine · Married on 10/04/2014

Angela and Renee were both so wonderful to work with. They were helpful throughout the entire process; they answered all my questions, were flexible in making tweaks from my trial, and the end result was exactly how I envisioned looking on my wedding day. My bridesmaids, Mom, Mother-in-Law, and Grandma (who all have a variety of styles, makeup preferences and hair types) were all thrilled with how they looked too. Plus, they were fun and calming to spend the day with getting ready in our bridal suite! I told Renee already but she really is 'my hair whisperer' -- somehow my flat hair kept curl all night. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/17/2014
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 09/13/2014

Let me first just say, my wedding would have been ruined without this company. My wedding was on 9/13/14, and it was Memorial Day. I was getting the 'it's-getting-really-close" jitters and starting to contact all my vendors to make sure all of the details were confirmed. I had unwisely half-assed my beauty vendor, thinking it would be the easiest one to find. I had picked a similar company to Behind the Veil. I had my misgivings about them since our initial booking conversation had been less than professional. However, their pictures and website looked good, so I went forward with keeping them. So Memorial Day rolls around, and after many attempts to contact and confirm with my beauty vendor, they send me a TEXT saying that I didn't, after all this time, have enough bridal party members for them to come do our make up! It was terrible. I panicked and contacted any beauty salon and bridal make up company I could find. It was pretty dire, being two weeks out from the wedding.

That's were Behind the Veil swooped in to the rescue! Not only were they the quickest to respond, but they worked hard to find girls who would come to our hotel for us! It was truly such miracle. We were assigned Kristi and Melissa for hair and make up. It was probably a pain for them to be booked on such short notice, but they came bright and early (because my ceremony was at noon) in great spirits. They were very professional, prepared, and laid back.

They were so helpful every step of the way. They talked with the girls and me to get an idea of our vision for hair and make up for the day and explained why they used what and where. They made my morning so pleasant and carefree.

Above all, we looked AMAZING all day. Even after it rained on us immediately after the ceremony, our make up and hair stayed fresh and beautiful through reception. It was truly a blessing to have such good people helping me out on such a big day. Book with these ladies, they are the best.

Sent on 09/19/2014

Carson · Married on 09/13/2014

I had been referred to Behind the Veil by the venue where our wedding was to be held and I am so grateful they gave me their information! I had the absolute best experience working with Behind the Veil, from start to finish they made everything extremely easy and affordable. My hair artist was Caitlin and my makeup artist was Angela, both of them were extremely sweet, experienced, professional and they did an amazing job. I truly felt so beautiful on my wedding day. The artists listened to everything I asked for and they made my dream idea of what I wanted to look like on my wedding day a reality. I would highly recommend the artists and this company to everyone I know and would absolutely use them again!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Ann · Married on 09/13/2014

Behind the Veil is a fantastic company to work with for wedding hair and makeup. The trial hair and makeup visit was very fun, started on time, and gave me a great idea of how everything would look. They listened to my needs and expectations and definitely followed through. The morning of the wedding Angela (makeup) and Leanne (hair) were on time and assisted all of us in making sure we looked our best. They are so fun to be around and made the day even more magical and exciting. I really loved my look on my wedding day, which was a bit different - we had a renaissance/medieval wedding. Both Angela and Leanne made sure that we were happy with our looks and even let us modify/offer suggestions. I highly recommend Behind the Veil on your wedding day. You will definitely look your best!

Sent on 09/25/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/13/2014

I had such a positive experience with BTV for my wedding on 9/13/2014! From the very first day they were very easy to work with. The BTV staff was very communicative and responsive through email and frequently communicated to make sure that everything was on track. They worked closely with me to set up a timeline for the morning of the wedding to make sure that things went as smoothly as possible and were very helpful with the logistics of the wedding morning.

We had a hair stylist and makeup artist (Belinda & Katy) come to the house the morning of the wedding. The morning of the wedding was wonderful! Having the beauty team come to the house helped to make for a relaxing and stress-free morning. We didn't have to worry about getting out to a salon, etc. It also rained pretty heavily that morning, so it was great to be able to have hair/makeup done right at the house. I was a bit of a nervous bride leading up to the wedding, but I felt so calm and relaxed that morning! Our stylists were so sweet. They really helped to make it a very relaxed atmosphere and I'll always be grateful for that.

We were all so happy with our hair and makeup! It rained on our wedding day and I was amazed at how well both my hair and makeup held up! The style stayed together for the whole day and night and looked great in pictures. BTV really makes you feel special on your wedding day and does a fantastic job. We had a great experience and I would absolutely recommend them!

Sent on 01/10/2015

I was so lucky to have a wonderful hair and make-up artist that made my day wonderful, Renee' and Mara. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Kris · Married on 08/31/2014

Behind the Veil was amazing!!! I live in Florida, but was getting married in Annapolis. I really wanted to have a hair trial before the big day, but was having a difficult time finding stylists who would accommodate my tight schedule, but Behind the Veil was very flexible and so helpful!! Ashley and Kaytee were our stylists for the wedding and they were incredible. Everyone looked gorgeous and loved their styles. In addition to making everyone beautiful, Ashley and Kaytee were extremely patient with us. We had a big group of girls and some younger bridesmaids (10 and 12 year old). Ashley and Kaytee handled everything like the true professionals they are. Such a wonderful experience overall!!!

Sent on 09/15/2014

Danielle · Married on 08/23/2014

I cannot say enough great things about Behind the Veil!!! Maria was my hair stylist and Nancy was my makeup artist for my wedding. They did an amazing job!! We started early in the morning because they had 9 girls including me to do! This seems like a crazy task, but they made it look so easy! They showed up right on time (which on your wedding day is such a relief!) and they were so upbeat and so nice! All of my bridesmaids and mom LOVED Maria and Nancy and kept saying how great they are! They kept us laughing and had a great time getting ready! All of the girls were so happy with their hair and makeup! Maria and Nancy even had enough time to do last minute touches if needed. My hair and makeup stayed perfect throughout the day and night! I was so beyond happy with how everything turned out and I cannot thank them enough!! My advice- stop looking and book them!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Audie · Married on 08/09/2014

My wedding was on August 9th and I had Mary as a hair stylist and Leslie as a make up stylist...both were absolutely AMAZING! They styled me and my entire wedding party. All of us looked gorgeous! I had provided Mary with a picture of how I wanted my hair to look and she replicated the hairstyle to perfection! And when Leslie was finished with my makeup I couldn't believe how incredible I looked! Both the hair and the make up lasted the whole day and night despite being outside in the humidity on the water! I was so impressed and pleased! Even my wedding planner said I had the sexiest wedding party she had ever seen....which I credit to my beauty team! Also the company as a whole was so great in being flexible with prep times and locations. They replied same day to all of my questions and concerns. When it was time for my big day I felt 100% comfortable with the timeline and plan Laurie created for me. If you are looking for a style team look no further! you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/18/2014

Courtney · Married on 08/02/2014

Ashley and Nancy were amazing!!! They did an a zing job on each and every one of my bridesmaid, my mom and myself! I loved the airbrush makeup! Ashley did my hair exactly like I hoped!

Sent on 08/04/2014
  • W

Whitney · Married on 07/26/2014

Behind the Veil was such a pleasure to work with.

Thea (hair) and Joseline (makeup) were both amazing and professional and able to take the pictures and ideas I had and modify them to my hair type and coloring to make me look the best I ever have on my wedding day.

Thea did my hair updo plus five bridesmaids updos and my mom's blowout. She worked so quickly that we were ahead of schedule and really able to enjoy our time getting ready together. Every bridesmaid had their hairstyle exactly to their liking and it stayed through all night (one even to the next morning!). I changed my hair a tad from trial to wedding day and Thea was super flexible and got it exactly right. I was so happy with my hair, I wish she could do it everyday!

Joseline was perfection at making all of us look beautiful. We chose to do a more natural look. The majority of us had airbrush, and in the humid July weather our make up held up all day long. You can't ask for anything better!

Both girls were sweet and helpful and everything you could want helping you and your girls look beautiful for your big day. They were both on time and so easy to work with. I can't thank them enough.

Sent on 07/28/2014